Declarion

[Ret] Log analysis - How can I improve?

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, a guildie told me to make a thread here since I am the only Retadin in our 25 man and was hoping somebody could analyze a fight or two and give me some contructive feedback.

due to the armory being down, I'll just drop a screenshot of my unbuffed stats pane down p2Exb3D.png

I am using Heroic Eye (4/4) and WF Thok's tail (0/4) and currently have the T16 2 set bonus

Guild told me that Iron Juggs was one of the best fights to use when showing logs, this log is from before I had my 2 piece and tail tip though
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bcvjT2VRmHK3dGX4#fight=17&type=damage-done&source=23

I am currently using the same rotation in the guide here on the site except that I use Judgement before Crusader Strike.

Thanks for the help in advance, I really appreciate it!

Edited by Declarion

One of the big things I notice is you're not lining up your Str Procs, with your ES casts. If you were an Engi, I'd suggest a macro for ES and a normal ES button; however, since you aren't you should like ES up with every Dancing Proc you can. 

Also try your hardest to keep Inq up 100% of the time. It is your most important buff.

I'd also like to know your gems, as those are a big deal.

Thank you for the reply!
Gems are as follows
Capacitive Primal Diamond and Fierce Verm Onyx in helm
Lightning Wild Jade x 2 in shoulders
Precise prim ruby x2 and 1 quick sun's rad in chest
1 fierce verm and 1 precise prim ruby in gloves
2 fierce verm onyx in legs
1 precise prim ruby in boots
1 fierce verm onyx in Ring2
1 quick sun's rad in weapon

I've been using the standard haste ret build. Should I create a weakaura with triggers set for trinket procs?

Edited by Declarion

I have taken a look at your armory profile: (i hope this is realy yours wink.png )

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Declarion/advanced

You are using TI trinket instead of Thoks which is not the first choice.

Geming is not optimal. You should try to reach haste cap, i.e. 40% so you should drop some inv_misc_gem_x4_rare_cut_red.jpgBold Primordial Ruby and prefer inv_misc_gem_x4_rare_cut_orange.jpgFierce Vermilion Onyx and inv_misc_gem_x4_rare_cut_yellow.jpgQuick Sun's Radiance instead.

Uhh, didn't know that ...

I was amazed at the screenshot tongue.png

Haha, yeah, my RL had me switch to ret and I was the only strength dps rolling on gear in our 25 man, gear is getting upgraded very quickly, for the past week the priority has been filling my slots rather than optimizing them and pretty much from here on out I'll just be rolling on the haste pieces I need to hit the higher haste tiers. I also have logs for Blackfuse which represent the gear I am currently wearing. Guild Mistress didn't take logs for Blackfuse, I was doing about 210k on that fight, I really would have liked to see my uptimes.

Edited by Declarion

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: 2/11M
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING*
      Tank All DPS (Healer offspec preferred but not required) Possibly accepting other roles! ABOUT US
      Now recruiting for BFA!
      Currently looking for a skilled and laid back Tank & DPS for the upcoming expansion.
      We're semi-casual in terms of the time we spend raiding, but are serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      Booty Pirates is a close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out. 
      Fun guild events are scheduled often!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other.
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      SCHEDULE UNTIL BFA**
      Fridays currently for core raiders for partial Heroic or Mythic.
      Sundays reserved for non-mandatory alt runs for a full Heroic clear. (NOT carry runs.)
      If ilvl is high enough, you can join for Friday (950+) and Sunday (945+) on any character, not just the one you want to play in BFA.

*The class you play in BFA can be different from what you play now; we will be flexible until the expansion hits.
                **Schedule subject to changes.

Fill out our Application form & add me on Battle.net and/or Discord! 
      LadyPluu#1299 (Bnet)
      🦉LadyPluu🌙#4473 (Discord)
      Recruitment Officer
    • By Riotzin
      <Pickle Palace> is a recently formed guild on Illidan, but is made up of veteran players who wanted to take a step back from semi-hardcore raiding. We are currently raiding Mythic Antorus (9/11), with our goal being to finish it out before the end of the expansion. Our community is actively playing outside of raid time, pushing M+ and hanging out on discord.

We raid on a 2 day schedule. Our raid days are Tuesday and Wednesday 9-12 EST. And will be adding a 3rd raid day for BfA! (Thursday or Monday)

We are currently recruiting,

All Exceptional Ranged DPS
      &
      Shaman w/ offpsec heals

Expectations
      Have a great attitude every night. Be prepared for every raid; this includes purchasing consumables and studying encounter strategies. We provide feast/codex/flasks other consumables are your responsibility Zero tolerance policy for criticizing others' performance. Officers will take care of it, worry about yourself and yourself only. Be critical of your performance and take time outside of raiding hours to analyze warcraftlogs for personal improvement. Have fun. We love playing with each other in a friendly, team-oriented, boss-crushing atmosphere -- and you should too! Must be able to tolerate adult language
      If you are interested in joining <Pickle Palace> please contact,

Codesta#1454 (Codestâ) - GM
      Fellife#1994 (Gakdh) - Officer
      FrostyDog#155103 (Riotzen) - Raid Lead
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Murloc Paladin.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments for our Even Paladin deck guide.
    • By Lager159
      Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv#fight=6&type=damage-done

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv/6/15