Shanloang

[BM]-[12/14h]-[LF Advice]

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hey.

So since this is supposedly the new Elitist Jerks I m going to give it a try and am asking for some answers on specific questions.

Let me give you brief information about myself and my group:

I'm MT for 25hc raiding guild resubbed 3-4months ago after 3years of "downtime" due to studies. We re currently at Paragons and after researching and providing lots of sources I finally got my group to accept that a Tank will get the amber scorpion. Obviously this tank is going to be me. Which is why I m making this thread.

Following this I will post some encounter specific questions that came up.

1. I d like to know when to best utilize the scorpion buff.

About 1: I m currently using it on Korven when we re bursting him 51-0% (or at least trying to). I do plan on definetly using it for xaril and since I m tanking xaril most likely I wont use it on Kilruk but one of the other two. (Is there enough time later in the fight to use it again for example betweeen korven and xaril?)

2. How do you best make use of it?

About 2: Currently I m tanking two bosses (ka'roz and korven) as soon as the stun comes we switch the tank taking the stack. Here comes one other problem following up in question 2.1; when the amber is cast I ll take the next stun and half of the aoe cleave to get vengeance. After the stun expires I activate my scorpion and burst onto korven.

2.1: The biggest problem we run into is that we want to maximise the scorpion damage but therefore I should not get stunned. The problem is that the other tank would have to take 2 - 3 stacks which is kind of not possible is it?
Should I just get stunned or not? Is the scorpion dmg increasing with vengeance or does it only count the vengeance when activated, similar to xuen?

3. How exactly do you use the spells?

About 3. currently I apply the poison use this channeling flame dot and the claw that does bonus dmg when used on poisoned targets. Afterwards keep everything on cd with that same priority list. Is this correct or am I missing out on something really important? Should I maybe use the channeling ability after the bonus dmg claw?

Sorry I ve not taken not of the names of those abilities and since I dont play on an English client I might not even translate them correctly. I hope I could explain what I meant and would like to ask again for any insight on how and why you use it in your way.

Last I d like to ask you for any tips and tricks you have. I'd really appreciate if you could give me some tips since I m really driven to get a hc garrosh kill pre 6.0. So time is running and I will invest more and more into preperation. Sadly my guild isnt that driven in terms of motivation so people dont go above and beyond... actually most dont even go and try max their dps or w/e. So maybe I wont get a chance to get a kill on him :( but nevertheless I want to be prepared as best as possible which is why I m here and request your assistance.

Thanks a lot.

Shanloang-Ysera (EU)

Hi,

Personally i have not tanked H Paragons however we have a Guardian Druid that does and makes use of the scorpion buff.

He uses the buff on Korven, Xaril and then Karoz. There is much taunting back of Karoz at the end and he has died from having too much threat but by that stage the 2nd tank is not needed to get a kill.

The order of casts sounds about right, Fiery tail and sting up asap then claw and swipe on cd.

As for the stuns, If you alternate the stuns then you can wait until Korven ambers the other dude and then let the other tank take the stun pop scorpion and burn. Korven should die before you need to do another lot of stuns. This should also mean that your viscous assault stacks should drop off in time for the taunt so you shouldnt get more than one stack.

If you are good or feel like looking at the logs here is one of our most recent kills.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XaApr8tdvbCxVqQk#type=damage-done

Happy Killing :)

Hey.

So since this is supposedly the new Elitist Jerks I m going to give it a try and am asking for some answers on specific questions.

Let me give you brief information about myself and my group:

I'm MT for 25hc raiding guild resubbed 3-4months ago after 3years of "downtime" due to studies. We re currently at Paragons and after researching and providing lots of sources I finally got my group to accept that a Tank will get the amber scorpion. Obviously this tank is going to be me. Which is why I m making this thread.

Following this I will post some encounter specific questions that came up.

1. I d like to know when to best utilize the scorpion buff.

About 1: I m currently using it on Korven when we re bursting him 51-0% (or at least trying to). I do plan on definetly using it for xaril and since I m tanking xaril most likely I wont use it on Kilruk but one of the other two. (Is there enough time later in the fight to use it again for example betweeen korven and xaril?)

2. How do you best make use of it?

About 2: Currently I m tanking two bosses (ka'roz and korven) as soon as the stun comes we switch the tank taking the stack. Here comes one other problem following up in question 2.1; when the amber is cast I ll take the next stun and half of the aoe cleave to get vengeance. After the stun expires I activate my scorpion and burst onto korven.

2.1: The biggest problem we run into is that we want to maximise the scorpion damage but therefore I should not get stunned. The problem is that the other tank would have to take 2 - 3 stacks which is kind of not possible is it?

Should I just get stunned or not? Is the scorpion dmg increasing with vengeance or does it only count the vengeance when activated, similar to xuen?

3. How exactly do you use the spells?

About 3. currently I apply the poison use this channeling flame dot and the claw that does bonus dmg when used on poisoned targets. Afterwards keep everything on cd with that same priority list. Is this correct or am I missing out on something really important? Should I maybe use the channeling ability after the bonus dmg claw?

Sorry I ve not taken not of the names of those abilities and since I dont play on an English client I might not even translate them correctly. I hope I could explain what I meant and would like to ask again for any insight on how and why you use it in your way.

Last I d like to ask you for any tips and tricks you have. I'd really appreciate if you could give me some tips since I m really driven to get a hc garrosh kill pre 6.0. So time is running and I will invest more and more into preperation. Sadly my guild isnt that driven in terms of motivation so people dont go above and beyond... actually most dont even go and try max their dps or w/e. So maybe I wont get a chance to get a kill on him sad.png but nevertheless I want to be prepared as best as possible which is why I m here and request your assistance.

Thanks a lot.

Shanloang-Ysera (EU)

Good afternoon Shanloang!

I'm Falçus (Guardian) / Bigbreath (BrM) of Draenor-EU.

I have had extensive practice tanking Paragon's on both the Guardian & the BrM -  I will try to help you as best I can...

1. Scorpion Buff

Make 100% sure you refresh your Tiger Palm buff before entering the Scorpion as you are only going to be doing your maximum potential for 19 / 30 seconds of the buff (because unfortunately you can't refresh TP whist in the vehicle :( ) - you'll probably know by now that an equally geared Guardian will do a massive amount more DPS than a BM due to Nature's Vigil - but the BM damage is still enough to give your group the advantage. I would not recommend using the Scorpion buff against Korven unless you are taking 3+ stacks of his bleed (it is perfectly viable to just have say a warrior tank take Korven for the entire time he is up and not worry about tank swopping.

2. Getting the most of it...

I was responsible for Skeer, Karoz (until Korven comes, then other tank takes Karoz), Korven (using Scorpion as he spawns, taking 3 stacks of the bleed for maximum vengeance with external cd's rotated, other tank taunts at 3 stacks as the raid finishes him off), Xaril (make 100% sure you do not let Kil'Ruk hit you when he comes down as he will likely 1-2 shot you if you've taken Xaril).

You may at times pull aggro from your other tank due to the enormous amount of damage you'll be dishing out in the vehicle - I wouldn't plan too much for things - just pop your DPS cd's before you go in & refresh Tiger Palm. When the last 3 paragons are left (usually Kil'Ruk, Karoz, Kaz-Tik with our strategy) - its less important for you to actually be alive - so don't worry too much about dying at that point - just pop your defensives & get maximum dmg on your nuke target.

3. Spells - not important as BrM - just keep them all on CD (don't bother trying to spread the poison debuff for gift of the ox procs - its not worth the messing about!).

Any other questions I check these forums every now and again or you can just /w me ingame any evening if you are about on Draenor.

Good luck!!

Falçus / Bigbreath