Porth

Cross-realm guilds - Any thoughts / advice?

6 posts in this topic

I know there are multiple guilds out there that, since the beginning of WoW, had a presence on multiple servers and sometimes even both factions. Looking at how the new expansion is lining up, it seems that having a cross-realm guild is now a possibility. Sure you won't be able to do Mythic raids, but you can now pick from quite a huge pool of people from your faction to go take on a new raid.

A group of friends and myself are coming back to the game and find that our server has reduced to a failry low population, so we figured it would be a great opportunity to take advantage of this new feature in WoD and try to put together a regular raiding group that doesn't necessarily have to belong to the same server. It seems that tools like Openraid will provide a community to get recruitment started at least.

I would be interested in other people's thoughts on how to recruit a raid team that operates like this, as well as any thoughts or obstacles that you may think need to be overcome in order to make this successful. 

Currently I've just posted on several server forums, as well as in the guild recruitment areas of IcyVeins and Openraid. 

I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones thinking about doing this, has anyone else tried? any advice that you can offer?

Thanks.-

P.S.: To any folks in Icy-Veins that may be reading this, it could be interesting to have a cross-realm recruitment forum.

Edited by Porth

I think they are definitely viable now what with the implementations that Blizzard has made.

It will be a lot harder to organise and maintain guild organisation but knowing what you need to do from the start should help.

Myself and my guild had similar problems - and tried to move server a few times (think we have a new home now) but obviously that costs ££ $$.

There will be a lot of players that are "stuck" on dead servers that should be interested.  I suppose you would need to encourage voice comms to try and get some sense of cohesion etc (thinking about outside of raids).

It will take a lot of doing and will be hard work but I wish you good luck!

With regards to the cross-realm recruitment forum (and I cant speak for Damien / Vlad) but I'm sure there would need to be plenty of activity before a new sub-forum was created (US and EU havent been split up even yet!)

The cohesion / chat system is a good point. I know that there are a few addons out there built for moving guild chat between servers, I could probably write one myself but not too inclined to doing so at the moment. However, I was hoping that the guild web page or the chat system in openraid would cover the ability to communicate that way.

Thanks for your notes.

Edited by Porth

This is something doable, as its basically what happened with the guild that I raid with my warlock in. There was a core 10 man, and the guild leader is someone with a good deal of experience and decided to host 25 man heroic runs with the core 10 going in, and filling the rest with experienced or qualified players from openraid. After a few weeks we're 9/14H and quite a few people are making server moves to play mythic when WoD comes out. Moving players is something that isnt required for you, and there are still more than half of our team that arent on our server with it working quite nicely. Openraid had a great pool of people to choose from to get started.

I think what can begin as a team +PUGS can evolve into something greater and like you Facade the PUGs then become part of the group.

My main concern would be around what makes a "guild".  For me its the togetherness etc.  If you can get everyone communicating over voice comms then tbh the chat ingame almost becomes obsolete.

I suppose a lot depends on how you want your guild to be between raids.  Personally (and I am by no means a progression raider might I add) its the guild chat / downtime between raids that have always helped my raid teams bond and this has always helped our performance.

How have you found the above Facade? Or have the players that are moving grown / bonded through the raids enough to want to move server and join fully?

Regarding the guild organization issue, you could decide with your buddies to split up to different realms, each one creating the same guild in a different realm and each of your friends being a GM of their subguild as well as that guild's link to the main guild. That way, each sub guild will always have access to an officer who's actually there in the same realm with them. Having trusted alts in the subguilds would also help with guild bank management. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Riotzin
      <Cryogenic> - 4/9M - Recruiting all RDPS classes for an immediate raid spot to round out our 20m roster. Tues/Weds 7-11 SERVER. Discord/Flask/Food provided for raiders. 925++. Pst for more info!!!

The guild was founded by a group of friends with a mission, to progress through mythic raids without the toxic environment. The guild was formed halfway through EN and despite the late start we built a solid core of raiders and down 5/7M EN before the Nighthold was released. We ended up having to break up as soon as we cleared heroic Nighthold, but we are back with a vengance here on Stormrage now. 

CURRENT PROGRESSION:
      Emerald Nightmare -- 5/7M
      Trial of Valor -- 3/3H
      Nighthold -- 10/10H 5/10M (Guild break after Gul'dan kill)
      Tomb of Sargeras -- 9/9N 9/9H 4/9M
      MOST RECENT KILL: MYTHIC SISTERS OF THE MOON

LOOKING FOR:
      We are currently looking for people that can commit to all raid days, who will show up prepared and not waste our time or their own time. We understand that real life happens, but we do ask that our raiders maintain at least 90% attendance and that can make sure they can raid without interruption. We don't have any strict attendance policies/punishments, however it is important for us to keep our progression as strong as possible, which relies heavily on raid wide attendance. 

RAID TIMES:
      Tuesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Wednesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Thursday 8-11 Server (EST) Optional Heroic/Normal

We also often run old content (M EN/ToV/Nightbane/Nighthold) as well as constant M+ groups throughout the day. These runs are 100% optional.

RECRUITMENT:
      We are currently looking for all exceptional players to rebuild our raid team. We don't care about item level or prior experience. We want quality players to learn, grow, and progress with. We currently have a very strong core of raiders, but with attendance issues and people quitting wow, we are strongly shifting our focus on finding players that excel at their class/spec to round out the last few spots in our main roster. 

CURRENT NEED:
      ALL DPS CLASSES - (ranged more so than melee)
      ALL EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS

EXPECTATIONS:
      We expect all raiders to come to raids prepared. This means: 
      - Having the correct gems/enchants (200 gems)
      - Class knowledge
      - Raid preparation. 
      We only raid 8 hours a week, so it is imperative that we don't waste time.All underpreforming players, regardless of rank and class, will be benched until performance can be brought up to par for the current content. We are not interested in carrying anyone, and if you cannot perform raid mechanics, then we are not the guild for you. Cauldrons and food will be provided by the guild bank when available. Everyone in the guild is taken care of, and this is done primarily through donation by our members. Our guild is a small community and we all pitch in to get things done.

LOOT SYSTEM:
      As a guild we opt to run loot through a loot council that is run by the officers. Loot is distributed in a way that most benefits the raid team in terms of progression. Distributing loot factors are performance/attendance/role/rank (I.E. Trials are typically lower on loot priority. (Higher rank than takes priority over trial) Loot is always dished out in a way that is most beneficial to the guild is a whole, and is a completely transparent process to avoid drama. We use the add-on RClootcouncil for ease of distribution.

PRIMARY CONTACT:
      Recruitment Officer - Riotzin (FrostyDog#155103)

OTHER CONTACTS:
      Guild Master/Raid Leader - Dêv (CrispyD#1823) 
      Lootmaster/Co-GM - Beanboss

Anyone listed can answer any further questions you may have pertaining to the guild as well as conduct your interview in our guild discord.
    • By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: Tomb of Sargeras [1/9M 9/9H], Nighthold [3/10M]
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (915+)
      ALL DPS! ABOUT US
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. 
      We're always on Discord and we joke around a lot, some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. 
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required!)
      Fun Guild events happen monthly!

Battle.net ID: Narii#1891, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      www.bootypirates.guildlaunch.com
    • By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 9/9 H ToS....  Consistant and Dependable members! (Who can handle cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We use MUMBLE voice server, it is required and no exceptions!
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366 

(We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=248100
    • By zdeathknight
      [Illidan][H] <FULL Mongo> (5/9 Mythic ToS) LF exceptional players all specs
      [Illidan] [H] <Full Mongo> 5/9 Mythic Tomb of Sargeras <Full Mongo> 5/9 Mythic ToS - is a Horde Raiding Guild on Illidan.

We are an excellent and diverse group of competitive players - formerly the top raiders of Sonic Death Monkey and Undead Legion on Eitrigg/Shu-halo (US) - who banded together and decided to move to Illidan to start our own mythic raiding guild. We are a guild made by mythic raiders, for mythic raiders. We have achieved AotC in every raid tier this expansion so far, and were 4/10 mythic NH before server transferring.

Raid Times:
      Tuesday, Thursday, Monday. 7.30-10.30 Server.

Qualities we look for in raiders:

Maturity & thick skin (very important), respect towards others, focus, being easy going, commitment, loyalty, on going personal & character improvement & development, good attendance & punctuality for raid, being open minded, viable off-specs and/or alts for raiding, able to take criticism, +18 years of age.

Requirements & expectations for raid:

Minimum equipped item level of 930, with 61 traits.

As a trial you will be expected to attend every Monday night raid, and depending on performance and knowledge we may require you to attend Tuesday and Thursday night as well.

As a trial you will have access to guild repairs, and we will do our best to provide you with runes, food and flasks during raid.

Required Addons:
      RCLootCouncil
      DBM
      Astral Keys
      ERT
      Details!

Required VoiP software:
      Discord

Rercruitment
      We are interested in exceptional and talented Arms Warrior, Sub Rogue players to expand our roster.

GM: Harju (Spency#2787)
      Recruit Officer: Zdeathknîght (playerkiller#1676)