Porth

Cross-realm guilds - Any thoughts / advice?

6 posts in this topic

I know there are multiple guilds out there that, since the beginning of WoW, had a presence on multiple servers and sometimes even both factions. Looking at how the new expansion is lining up, it seems that having a cross-realm guild is now a possibility. Sure you won't be able to do Mythic raids, but you can now pick from quite a huge pool of people from your faction to go take on a new raid.

A group of friends and myself are coming back to the game and find that our server has reduced to a failry low population, so we figured it would be a great opportunity to take advantage of this new feature in WoD and try to put together a regular raiding group that doesn't necessarily have to belong to the same server. It seems that tools like Openraid will provide a community to get recruitment started at least.

I would be interested in other people's thoughts on how to recruit a raid team that operates like this, as well as any thoughts or obstacles that you may think need to be overcome in order to make this successful. 

Currently I've just posted on several server forums, as well as in the guild recruitment areas of IcyVeins and Openraid. 

I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones thinking about doing this, has anyone else tried? any advice that you can offer?

Thanks.-

P.S.: To any folks in Icy-Veins that may be reading this, it could be interesting to have a cross-realm recruitment forum.

Edited by Porth

I think they are definitely viable now what with the implementations that Blizzard has made.

It will be a lot harder to organise and maintain guild organisation but knowing what you need to do from the start should help.

Myself and my guild had similar problems - and tried to move server a few times (think we have a new home now) but obviously that costs ££ $$.

There will be a lot of players that are "stuck" on dead servers that should be interested.  I suppose you would need to encourage voice comms to try and get some sense of cohesion etc (thinking about outside of raids).

It will take a lot of doing and will be hard work but I wish you good luck!

With regards to the cross-realm recruitment forum (and I cant speak for Damien / Vlad) but I'm sure there would need to be plenty of activity before a new sub-forum was created (US and EU havent been split up even yet!)

The cohesion / chat system is a good point. I know that there are a few addons out there built for moving guild chat between servers, I could probably write one myself but not too inclined to doing so at the moment. However, I was hoping that the guild web page or the chat system in openraid would cover the ability to communicate that way.

Thanks for your notes.

Edited by Porth

This is something doable, as its basically what happened with the guild that I raid with my warlock in. There was a core 10 man, and the guild leader is someone with a good deal of experience and decided to host 25 man heroic runs with the core 10 going in, and filling the rest with experienced or qualified players from openraid. After a few weeks we're 9/14H and quite a few people are making server moves to play mythic when WoD comes out. Moving players is something that isnt required for you, and there are still more than half of our team that arent on our server with it working quite nicely. Openraid had a great pool of people to choose from to get started.

I think what can begin as a team +PUGS can evolve into something greater and like you Facade the PUGs then become part of the group.

My main concern would be around what makes a "guild".  For me its the togetherness etc.  If you can get everyone communicating over voice comms then tbh the chat ingame almost becomes obsolete.

I suppose a lot depends on how you want your guild to be between raids.  Personally (and I am by no means a progression raider might I add) its the guild chat / downtime between raids that have always helped my raid teams bond and this has always helped our performance.

How have you found the above Facade? Or have the players that are moving grown / bonded through the raids enough to want to move server and join fully?

Regarding the guild organization issue, you could decide with your buddies to split up to different realms, each one creating the same guild in a different realm and each of your friends being a GM of their subguild as well as that guild's link to the main guild. That way, each sub guild will always have access to an officer who's actually there in the same realm with them. Having trusted alts in the subguilds would also help with guild bank management. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darksickness
      Two Strike Policy - US Sargeras - Alliance
      Why Two Strike Policy?
      Two Strike Policy is a fairly new guild on US-Sargeras Alliance side, trying to make a name for itself in the wake of Antorus the Burning Throne. TSP has a friendly group of skilled, ambitious, like-minded raiders and humble players. We're easy going, we love to have fun, and we enjoy our raiding experience together while without the negative racist, sexist, homophobic behavior. We are non-biased and intolerant of drama in any form. When raiding with our guild, you will find that the atmosphere is very laid-back. However, when the time comes for progression, we know how to focus and get the job done. Absolutely no swap-blasting in MYTHIC raids. 
      Our number one priority in Two Strike Policy is maintaining our positive environment so that members are happy to log on and excited to raid and work together.
      Loot: Two Strike Policy is Loot Council.
      We divide loot by means of a loot council comprised of the guild officers and one rotating core raider weekly - so they know what happens behind the scenes. We take into consideration various factors such as:
      • Performance
      • Raid attendance
      • Previous Loot
      • Attitude and drive for progression
      In need of these specific roles:
      High Priority Recruitment:
      Healer: Holy Paladin.
      Ranged DPS: Mage.
      Melee DPS: Arms Warrior, Havoc DH, Rogue and Unholy DK (Classes that play multiple specializations preferred).
      Tank: Monk and Druid.
      *Please note we are ALWAYS looking to upgrade our roster. If you do not see your class listed but are confident you can perform at our level, do not hesitate to contact us*
      Our raid times are as follows:
      Tuesday - 7:30pm - 11:00pm EST (6pm-10pm CST)
      Wednesday - 7:30pm - 11:00pm EST (6pm-10pm CST)
      Optional Thursday for Alt Runs - 7:30pm - 11:00pm EST(6pm-10pm CST)
      Progression:
      5/9 Mythic Tomb of Sargeras - (Moving on to Maiden after Mistress).
      7/10 Mythic Nighthold Realm - (In 7.3 most are 9/10m or 10/10m – began late in tier as a guild). - Still run on weekend for Warforge/Titanforge Tier Pieces/Items. 
      7/7 Mythic Emerald Nightmare  - 
      Applicant Requirements: *
      Attendance:
      We raid two nights a week during active progression, Tuesday-Wednesday. Raid invites go out at 7:30pm EST, begin raiding at 8:00pm and run until 11:00pm. There may be occasions when raids run slightly later than usual, this is typically 5-10 minutes over for progression/trash re-clear avoidance. If you cannot sustain a high rate of attendance (80% minimum), this is not the guild for you.
      Skill:
      Can you do your job well while still being aware of environmental hazards? Bringing situational awareness is a must. Will you be able to adjust to an emergency change in the strategy without losing your main focus or panicking? Being able to adapt is crucial. If so, you're the kind of player we're looking for.
      Gear:
      Your gear directly enhances your performance. Is it all properly gemmed, upgraded and enchanted? Is your artifact weapon at 60? The amount of effort you put into your gear correlates to the amount of effort you put into raiding. If your gear is not equivalent or close enough to the gear associated with the content we are clearing to allow you to carry your own weight, you must prove to us, without a doubt, you are the correct choice for your position through outstanding play, and motivation to improve not only gear but skill.
      Intelligence:
      Are you smart? Do you make the same mistake twice? Can you learn from someone else’s mistake? Can you evaluate a given situation on the fly, and make the right decision in a split second?
      Experience:
      You need to have experience close to that of the guilds current progression, past raiding experience is also a plus.
      Package Deals:
      We will automatically decline applicants whose membership within Two Strike Policy is dependent on another person's membership. No exceptions.
      Public Communication:
      Two Strike Policy cares about our public persona. It is for this reason we ask that unless you are buying/selling items offering or engaging services you are asked to not post in Trade/General/Instance chats. Trolling is not tolerated and can have you removed from the guild.
      General requirements include:
      * Preferably 18+, but just be mature.
      * Ability to use Discord and have working mic.
      * Ability to frequently check up on our forums for updates on raid strategies and other general guild information.
      * Income supply sufficient to support the repairs that a good progression week will result in. Consumables are also required for both progression and most farm raids. Once you pass trial, the guild supplies raiders with full repairs and flasks/pots for raid nights.
      * Stable Connection!! More or less NO disconnects during the fight. In order to play this game at the level we expect, you need a decent computer and a good internet connection.
      Feel free to contact any officer ingame with any questions!
      Guild Master/Raid Leader: Darksickness - Ghostdragon#19918
      Recruitment Officers:
      Alandran -TheKiserSoze#1742
      Reaperkillx/Holdmad -Reaper#19139
       *Credit to the template of Rowin - Rowin#1764 from Business Class US Sargeras
    • By Jeebs
      It could happen to us all sometimes our light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from others. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lit that flame within us.
      At Project Nemesis we prefer to be stupid, be dumb, be funny, that's who we are and a beacon of crazyness that would make the Loony Toons proud, we don't try to be something that the WoW community may want us to be; that's stupid. Were just ourselves.
      Will we go quietly into the night?
      Will we be assimilated into the collective?
      NOT LIKELY!
      Were working as intended version 1.0 baby! youll not re-boot us. The CIA,FBI, MI5 hasnt decrypted our Simcraft
      What can I say about us that isn’t like the conventional norm? Myth + this HC that blah blah blah, our guild members all have attractive and funny friends and/or spouses possibly? That were rocket scientists, brain surgeons, army generals, or wealthy stock brokers?
      Yes were slowing going through at our own Pace ToS 5/9 HC and looking for additional healers and some range DPS
      Confidence is not simply, 'They will like us'. Confidence instead is, 'We'll be fine if they don't'....
      Become the exception to the rule and youll become better for it, our thought processes arent just out of the box theyre out of this world
      Raid Days are:
      Monday & Wednesday: 2100- 2300 ST
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: Mythic + aka The Banzai Bashathon
      Fridays: Free for all (100k Gold Participation Fee)
      Saturday: Community Raid Events
      Sunday: Group therapy
      Want to participate in the Teamspeak Karaoke during the raid? go for it. Laughter is our weapon and frivolity is our shield, its not the journey but the memories that will become our legendary.
      How about joining the guild with the fresh lemony scent of fun and person appreciation, we'll have you so immersed in green guild chat youll be jumping off cliffs and pulling 20000+ mobs in no time (seagulls excluded).
      Whilst we are all here on Azeroth to help others; what on Azeroth the others are here for I don't know.
      Many gamers lose their tempers merely from seeing us keep ours; honestly this is why our recipe is simple....
      Fun we carry it in the new and improved Gnomic designed and Dwarven engineered WheelbyTron ASX 2000GTI and is a luxury best served warm you guessed it were proud owners of the "Acme Leisure Gnomemaster ZSW100F520X Burnathonmatic" version 2.0 with Dual Fuel to keep it so!
      Our gratitude unlocks the fullness of guildlife this turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. ...pfft we Like our Chaos! Do we turn a meal into a Raid feast? a Guild into a home, a stranger into the most invaluable thing a friend....Definately
      We could quote good old Gnomaac Asimov as saying People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
      If only people with closed minds came with closed mouths eh where would the keyboard warrior be?
      Project Nemesis where Squirrel worship, frank discussions about gnome psychology, Suicide charges into The Undercity An alt-a-holic meeting on Sunday nights knows how to get you to 2000000 days /played without losing your sanity.
      Dont delay call us today on 123 456 ask for Jeebs and say the bear sent you
      BNet: jeebsjones#2394 or drop me a pm happy to chat and oh boy can I chat
    • By Riotzin
      <Cryogenic> - 4/9M - Recruiting all RDPS classes for an immediate raid spot to round out our 20m roster. Tues/Weds 7-11 SERVER. Discord/Flask/Food provided for raiders. 925++. Pst for more info!!!

The guild was founded by a group of friends with a mission, to progress through mythic raids without the toxic environment. The guild was formed halfway through EN and despite the late start we built a solid core of raiders and down 5/7M EN before the Nighthold was released. We ended up having to break up as soon as we cleared heroic Nighthold, but we are back with a vengance here on Stormrage now. 

CURRENT PROGRESSION:
      Emerald Nightmare -- 5/7M
      Trial of Valor -- 3/3H
      Nighthold -- 10/10H 5/10M (Guild break after Gul'dan kill)
      Tomb of Sargeras -- 9/9N 9/9H 4/9M
      MOST RECENT KILL: MYTHIC SISTERS OF THE MOON

LOOKING FOR:
      We are currently looking for people that can commit to all raid days, who will show up prepared and not waste our time or their own time. We understand that real life happens, but we do ask that our raiders maintain at least 90% attendance and that can make sure they can raid without interruption. We don't have any strict attendance policies/punishments, however it is important for us to keep our progression as strong as possible, which relies heavily on raid wide attendance. 

RAID TIMES:
      Tuesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Wednesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Thursday 8-11 Server (EST) Optional Heroic/Normal

We also often run old content (M EN/ToV/Nightbane/Nighthold) as well as constant M+ groups throughout the day. These runs are 100% optional.

RECRUITMENT:
      We are currently looking for all exceptional players to rebuild our raid team. We don't care about item level or prior experience. We want quality players to learn, grow, and progress with. We currently have a very strong core of raiders, but with attendance issues and people quitting wow, we are strongly shifting our focus on finding players that excel at their class/spec to round out the last few spots in our main roster. 

CURRENT NEED:
      ALL DPS CLASSES - (ranged more so than melee)
      ALL EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS

EXPECTATIONS:
      We expect all raiders to come to raids prepared. This means: 
      - Having the correct gems/enchants (200 gems)
      - Class knowledge
      - Raid preparation. 
      We only raid 8 hours a week, so it is imperative that we don't waste time.All underpreforming players, regardless of rank and class, will be benched until performance can be brought up to par for the current content. We are not interested in carrying anyone, and if you cannot perform raid mechanics, then we are not the guild for you. Cauldrons and food will be provided by the guild bank when available. Everyone in the guild is taken care of, and this is done primarily through donation by our members. Our guild is a small community and we all pitch in to get things done.

LOOT SYSTEM:
      As a guild we opt to run loot through a loot council that is run by the officers. Loot is distributed in a way that most benefits the raid team in terms of progression. Distributing loot factors are performance/attendance/role/rank (I.E. Trials are typically lower on loot priority. (Higher rank than takes priority over trial) Loot is always dished out in a way that is most beneficial to the guild is a whole, and is a completely transparent process to avoid drama. We use the add-on RClootcouncil for ease of distribution.

PRIMARY CONTACT:
      Recruitment Officer - Riotzin (FrostyDog#155103)

OTHER CONTACTS:
      Guild Master/Raid Leader - Dêv (CrispyD#1823) 
      Lootmaster/Co-GM - Beanboss

Anyone listed can answer any further questions you may have pertaining to the guild as well as conduct your interview in our guild discord.
    • By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: Tomb of Sargeras [1/9M 9/9H], Nighthold [3/10M]
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (915+)
      ALL DPS! ABOUT US
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. 
      We're always on Discord and we joke around a lot, some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. 
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required!)
      Fun Guild events happen monthly!

Battle.net ID: Narii#1891, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      www.bootypirates.guildlaunch.com