FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

The Haul From 60-70 Leveling With Only Gathering Professions

Clipboard01.jpg

We have a very peaceful player on our hands today, as Xxelc leveled two of their characters (mostly) only using herbalism and mining, and shared what their loot haul was from the second one!

As the Monk and the Mage went from 60 to 70 using "pretty much" only gathering (almost exclusively in the Waking Shores), they got quite a few herbs and ores, and it took around 15-20 hours to level each of them. So let's take a look at the loot from the second character, which took 15 hours to cap out:

rqiqqmr4pe5a1.png?width=202&format=png&a
Source: Xxelc.

And here are some details from the journey:

It took between 15 and 20 hours on the first character and probably much closer to 15 hours on the second.

I actually went heavily into the base nodes of Bountiful Harvest and Metallurgy.I think having the highest amount of base skill points in professions are best at the moment.

Edit for more info:
I'm going to edit this to say of all the builds with gathering I've done, I've started treating professions like profession skill points are your main stat, and every other stat is a side stat. So going into Metallurgy and Bountiful harvest gave me to highest bonus to my flat skill point. I'm not sure if this is optimal or not but i've noticed that I get much more T3 mats and in general more with this build than focusing say on finesse or something.
I did get all my knowledge and made sure to get my points sorted.
This is also the haul from my second character's levels so I learned from my mistakes on the first go round.
It really depends on where you herb/mine :).
For example my Writhebark numbers are skewed because I almost never left Waking Shores.

You can also check out our Dragonflight herbalism and mining guides if you'd want to know more about how to best use these professions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      We're looking at 10 mounts that will be available in the Trading Post starting February 1.
      Magenta Cloud Serpent
      More affectionate than their cousins, Magenta Cloud Serpents are known to form close bonds with their riders.

Crusty Crawler
      This rare giant crab has taken a break from its nautical nonsense deep under the sea to explore the surface.

Quawks
      Squawks's older (and somehow louder) brother appears to tolerate your presence. For now. You should probably track down some crackers while you still can.

Ash'adar, Harbinger of Dawn
      Kaldorei legends whisper of a relentless hunter prowling amongst the deepest shadows of Kalimdor, never sleeping. By the light of the sun or the moon, Ash'adar now hunts with you.

Coral-Stalker Waveray
      This species of ray seems to have evolved to stalk its prey amidst the brightly colored corals of the seas.

Savage Green Battle Turtle
      Turtle too slow to chase down your foes? Just add cannons. Nothing can outrun a cannon.
      Model Preview Not Available
      Armored Siege Kodo
      Only the strongest and most fearless of kodos can be trained to become living siege weapons. Even the highest walls won't keep them out for long.
      Model Preview Not Available
      Armored Golden Pterrordax
      Many an unwary direhorn has met its end in a flash of glittering gold before becoming this pterrordax's next meal.

Cerulean Marsh Hopper
      Gottum's expansion into export markets was inevitable with news of the Trading Post reaching even into the depths of the Frogmarsh.

Celestial Steed
      A beacon of hope; a guiding light in the darkness.
      More Store Mounts will probably be available in the Trading Post in the future, but for now, we only know of Celestial Steed. Note that not all the mounts will be available for purchase at the same time. It appears there will only be 1 mount per rotation/month.

• By Stan
      You can skip the Spark of Ingenuity questline on alts and instantly receive 5 Sparks if you completed it on your main.
      Once you collect 5 Spark of Ingenuity on your main, you can talk to Greyzik Cobblefinger at the Engine of Innovati on in Valdrakken on alts to skip the whole questline and receive 5 Bottled Essences and Essence Detector. The skip will only work for characters that haven't started the questline yet.

• By Starym
      We have a big batch today, with a Guardian buff, Warlock fixes, a Cobalt Assembly XP nerf, as well as  plenty of item and quest improvements, mostly focusing on Storm's Fury.
      January 25 (Source)
      Classes
      Druid Protector of the Pack healing bonus to Regrowth and damage bonus to Moonfire has been increased by 60%. Developers’ note: Previously this talent was gaining extra benefit from various modifiers on the Druid class. With the patch, we changed it to grant the exact bonus listed in the tooltip for clarity and to reduce the swings in value. However, this left the talent feeling a lot weaker, so we’re increasing its spell power substantially to compensate. Guardian Fixed an issue causing Raze to consume extra Tooth and Claw stacks. Warlock Affliction Fixed an issue to where the 4pc set bonus, Cruel Epiphany, was being removed when casting Seed of Corruption, causing it to not benefit. Demonology Fixed an issue where Grimoire: Felguard affected the cooldown of Guillotine, Demonic Strength, and Felstorm. Guillotine, Demonic Strength, and Felstorm now put each ability on cooldown for the appropriate amount of time. Dungeons and Raids
      Vault of the Incarnates Sennarth, the Cold Breath Sennarth no longer casts Chilling Blast immediately before entering Phase 2. Enemies and NPCs
      Fixed an issue that caused the rare enemy, Bloodbeak the Ravenous, in Nokhudon Hold to have its health scale with attackers. Experience granted by enemies associated with the Cobalt Assembly has been greatly reduced. Developers’ notes: From the start, the Cobalt Assembly was intended to be a max-level feature, and Sundered Flame enemies should not have granted significant amounts of XP. Having a max-level player kill enemies while in a party with lower-level players who stand around and do nothing but receive XP and reputation is not the sort of gameplay we wish to encourage. We’ve adjusted the XP rate, rather than removed it completely, to encourage players to level in more fun, interactive ways, while still leaving this as an option that is no longer the best option. Items and Rewards
      The Falling Star Flinger and Falling Star Catcher can now only be used outdoors. Thanks to the assistance of a couple Bronze dragons, the Legion timewalking vendor items now reflect the correct item levels. Removed the holiday requirement for many holiday transmog rewards. Fixed an issue where using Windscar Whetstone caused other on-use trinkets to remain unusable for several additional seconds past the displayed cooldown. Player versus Player
      Warmode Fixed an issue that prevented characters from earning “the Horde Slayer” and “the Alliance Slayer” titles. Professions
      Fixed an issue where crafting EZ-Thro Gravitational Displacer would craft ordinary Gravitational Displacers at certain qualities. Quests
      The Azure Span In addition to completing tasks for Big Kinook, players can also earn credit for the quests “Community Feast” and “Aiding the Accord: A Feast For All” by throwing any discovered meat into the pot, or by yelling “Yes Chef!” when given a new task. Storm’s Fury Fixed an issue that can cause players to continue to gain stacks of Warmth when at the Temporal Conflux area after the event is over. Fixed an issue with portal capture so that captures occur faster based on number of nearby players. Fixed an issue that caused the lighting to rapidly change when entering or exiting a heat source. “Resisting the Storm” can now be completed when in a raid group. The HP of all Bosses in the Storm’s Fury event has been significantly reduced. The HP of the Winter’s Aegis enemies during the Glakis, Winter’s Wrath boss encounter has been significantly reduced.
    • By Stan
      Check out how the Mythic+ Tier List has changed with the release of Patch 10.0.5!
      DISCLAIMER
      The following post is based on statistics provided by Subcreation, a website that gathers various Mythic+ data from live servers. Please note that the tier list is biased toward the top end because it only looks at the top 100 keys per dungeon per affix and ignores keys below +16 and untimed runs.
      As a result, the data presented here will always differ from the Mythic Tier Lists maintained by Petko.
      Data Reliability
      The data used in the post comes from Subcreation, a site maintained by Alcaras. Subcreation provides statistical analysis of Mythic+ dungeons, raids, and PvP in Shadowlands, and the data is provided via the Warcraft Logs API and Raider.io. If you'd like to support Subcreation, you can check out their Patreon.
      How the Data is Calculated
      The site looks at the top 100 keys per dungeon per affix across all regions and examines their raider.io scores. For each dungeon and specialization, the site takes the lower bound of a 95% confidence interval of the top 100 runs for each specialization. The site then averages these lower bounds, one per dungeon, to get an overall average lower bound for each spec, which is finally used to create the tier list.
      The site takes the lower bounds of the 95% confidence interval calculated and then clusters them into 6 buckets using the Ckmeans algorithm. You can find more information by reading the site's FAQ.
      Tanks, Healers, Melee, and Ranged are all on the same scale. They're just shown separately for easier comparison across roles.
      Mythic+ Tier List for Dragonflight Season 1: Week #7
      The specs are ranked based on their lb_ci which stands for the lower bound of a 95% confidence interval. If a certain tier is missing, it's not occupied by any specialization.
      The following tier list is for this week's affixes: Fortified, Bolstering, Storming, and Thundering.
      Tank Tier List
      Based on 3,107 runs, ranging in difficulty from +16 to +26. 
      S-Tier: Protection Warrior (181.96) B-Tier: Blood Death Knight (170.27) Protection Paladin (170.11) Brewmaster Monk (169.50) Vengeance Demon Hunter (168.69) D-Tier: Guardian Druid (160.73)

Healer Tier List
      Based on 3,106 runs, ranging in difficulty from +16 to +26. 
      S-Tier: Restoration Druid (180.40) Preservation Evoker (178.06) B-Tier: Discipline Priest (167.92) C-Tier: Restoration Shaman (166.40) Holy Paladin (164.61) D-Tier: Holy Priest (161.49) Mistweaver Monk (160.00)

Melee DPS Tier List
      Based on 2,998 runs, ranging in difficulty from +16 to +26. 
      S-Tier: Havoc Demon Hunter (180.23) Outlaw Rogue (179.70) A-Tier: Windwalker Monk (174.11) Enhancement Shaman (172.54) Subtlety Rogue (171.93) Feral Druid (171.39)  B-Tier: Fury Warrior (167.87)  C-Tier: Arms Warrior (165.99) Unholy Death Knight (164.97)  D-Tier: Retribution Paladin (161.04) F-Tier: Assassination Rogue (129.13) Frost Death Knight (72.66) Survival Hunter (62.45)

Ranged DPS Tier List
      Based on 2,632 runs, ranging in difficulty from +16 to +26. 
      A-Tier: Shadow Priest (174.31) Balance Druid (173.09) B-Tier: Destruction Warlock (169.78) Fire Mage (167.93) C-Tier: Arcane Mage (166.81) Marksmanship Hunter (165.96) Beast Mastery Hunter (165.81) Frost Mage (165.58) Devastation Evoker (165.48) Elemental Shaman (164.75) D-Tier: Demonology Warlock (162.16) F-Tier: Affliction Warlock (124.55)
    • By Staff
      Blizzard released a trailer showcasing the Trading Post, coming to a server near you on February 1st.
      (Source)
      Get ready to collect Trader’s Tender when the Trading Posts in Stormwind and Ogrimmar open for business on February 1. Complete monthly activities to earn currency toward decking out your characters in cosmetic transmogs, pets, and mounts*— with new items and activities introduced every month.
      Learn more about this new feature in our previously published article.
      *Requires Level 10 to access the Adventure Guide.