FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Mythic Raszageth Nerfs: February 14th

70461-vault-of-the-incarnates-mythic-rac

Blizzard is nerfing Mythic Raszageth with the weekly reset in each region.

Blizzard Logo(Source)

• Vault of the Incarnates
    • [With weekly restarts] The Hall of Fame (Horde) for Vault of the Incarnates has now been filled with the first 100 guilds to defeat Mythic Raszageth. Congratulations to all players who earned a spot in the annals of raiding history this season!
    • [With weekly restarts] Players from different servers may now group together in Vault of the Incarnates on Mythic difficulty.
    • Raszageth
      • Heroic
        • [With weekly restarts] Health reduced by 5% on Heroic difficulty.
        • [With weekly restarts] Reduced the rate that Vault Integrity drains during Intermission: The Primalist Strike on Heroic difficulty.
        • [With weekly restarts] Tempest Wing periodic damage reduced by 20% on Heroic difficulty.
        • [With weekly restarts] Volatile Current damage reduced by 15%.
      • Mythic
        • [With weekly restarts] Reduced the push effect of Hurricane Wing on Mythic difficulty.
        • [With weekly restarts] Flamesworn Herald’s Flame Shield now absorbs 45% (was 55%) of its maximum health on Mythic difficulty.
        • [With weekly restarts] Frostforged Zealot’s Shattering Shroud now absorbs 20% less healing on Mythic difficulty.
        • [With weekly restarts] Stormseeker Acolyte’s Ascension now increases by 150% (was 300%) on Mythic difficulty.
        • [With weekly restarts] Tempest Wing periodic damage reduced by 20%.

18 minutes ago, Sedethul said:

I don't understand why they take away a pleasure of achieving something for all the players who have been trying to kill that thing for the past weeks...

it's fine if they nerf the bosses i dont want to torture myself 8 hours with a boss. make it easy and all good.

Just now, Dahaka99 said:

it's fine if they nerf the bosses i dont want to torture myself 8 hours with a boss. make it easy and all good.

Srsly? What kind of a pleasure give You killing something thats significant easier and you kill that not bcuz of you skill but the nerf?

For that kind of entertainment You have Normal difficulty, if You "dont want to torture yourself".

Heroic and Mythic should stay as they were, every player should be able to achieve the same experience.

17 minutes ago, Sedethul said:

Srsly? What kind of a pleasure give You killing something thats significant easier and you kill that not bcuz of you skill but the nerf?

For that kind of entertainment You have Normal difficulty, if You "dont want to torture yourself".

Heroic and Mythic should stay as they were, every player should be able to achieve the same experience.

The bosses are initially tuned around RWF, Blizzard makes some tuning after seeing how the very best do against it. Then once HoF is done, they nerf it a little bit more. This happens every tier, so either you're pretty new to WoW or you're just a raging troll behind yet another new username.

20 minutes ago, Sedethul said:

Blizzard has always adjusted Raid content with fixes and nerfs throughout the duration of the patch cycle.  They have done this through every expansion.  Keeping content as is or exclusive for the 1% is not healthy for any playerbase.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sedethul said:

Loot is on my mind. but priority with my guild is also important and we can be happy if it ends sooner

1 hour ago, SidonisAntares said:

The bosses are initially tuned around RWF, Blizzard makes some tuning after seeing how the very best do against it. Then once HoF is done, they nerf it a little bit more. This happens every tier, so either you're pretty new to WoW or you're just a raging troll behind yet another new username.

46 minutes ago, Ragingwolf said:

Blizzard has always adjusted Raid content with fixes and nerfs throughout the duration of the patch cycle.  They have done this through every expansion.  Keeping content as is or exclusive for the 1% is not healthy for any playerbase.

And each time it happens i'm trying to address the issue with the same words like i did here.

The feeling of achieving something special is corrupted after such nerf. And if the "tuning around RWF" was true, the nerf will happened just after the end of the race. And we talk about HC too right ? 😄

Even if we complete the raid after the nerfs, we do not achieve same experience as players before that. I understand the "want that loot" point of view, but what with all of ppl that wipes at 1% last week and now they get slap in the face from Blizzard saying "oh don't worry, we will get it for you" , just awful.

Edited by Sedethul

11 minutes ago, Sedethul said:

And each time it happens i'm trying to address the issue with the same words like i did here.

The feeling of achieving something special is corrupted after such nerf. And if the "tuning around RWF" was true, the nerf will happened just after the end of the race. And we talk about HC too right ? 😄

Even if we complete the raid after the nerfs, we do not achieve same experience as players before that. I understand the "want that loot" point of view, but what with all of ppl that wipes at 1% last week and now they get slap in the face from Blizzard saying "oh don't worry, we will get it for you" , just awful.

What's the difference between a nerf and how many more weeks of gear (raid/m+/vault/crafted) and experience? Every week the boss gets easier, you're just disputing the method. Each week that the boss doesn't die, the following week it's marginally easier through increased experience and better equipped loot, you will never get the same level of player experience as the players that already beat it, because they did it with fewer attempts and lesser gear.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sedethul said:

Maybe WoW is not the game for you?  If you wish for content to stay extensively difficult w/o developer interference you can try FFXIV or GW2 Raid setup.  Or skip the MMO scene altogether and play Elden Ring on the most challenging setting.  Being upset that there is not a voting option to veto developer tuning/fixing/nerfing and keep things as are is rather pointless and silly.  We are now at the point of the patch where the few Guilds haved cleared and recieved Cutting Edge and the people that are struggling with Heroic are just wanting to get their AOTC and move on instead of the Raid tier feeling stagnant.

Even with this fix there will be struggling guilds that will have a hard time clearing Raszageth.

Edited by Ragingwolf

Uncommon Patron

I think I don't want to game with someone who thinks that me finally catching up after enough weeks to train my reflexes is because "their experience was corrupted."

When RWF is on then the bets are up the streams are live and it's ON.   Sure.  And I am not that player.

And, I will hold the status point that it is now mid February.  If you haven't nailed Rasza at least 2x by now, you are not that player either, and I'm not going to take your opinion for how or whether Blizz should "keep tuning".

Raszageth joins druids and paladins now for who can whine more about getting tuned and retuned.  EVERY class has gotten their talents jumbled.  Most bosses got to keep their patterns of Behavior, and the fiddly numbers tweaked for them are also dancing around the fact the player characters have had our numbers twiddled with.  Quite a bit in fact.

For those of us who want to play the actual fight instead of dance around in a spreadsheet - if I'm supposed to be sorry that I'm having more fun than you?    No sirree bob, take your fear of insufficient grandeur back to your guild and we don't have to hear it.

/ / / all you wussy folk getting to do it early / / / it's not early, it's almost 3 months into a popular expansion.

/ / / how dare you people get to do it when I haven't yet / / /  your "how dare" is really not our problem.   Icy Veins is providing us a service showing off how things are bouncing around, and someone who doesn't like it enough can just get used to the idea some other people will hate news that they love, too.

Everyone finds our achieves different ways - and that is how we get more players rather than less.  There'll be another raid soon enough, and you can try to go stomp that on day 2 past the first reset because QA didn't catch whatever's crazy, and still be somehow better than the next guild-vault tapper.  

Hope that helps, have a nice day.

People are complaining about the nerf because they wanted to beat it at full strength. I understand that but the thing is WOW is a timed game, things always get easier with time (due to many factors). There is always a limited amount of time to beat something at "full strength," so this is to be expected.

The real reason they nerfed it is because you can not get into the Hall of Fame anymore. The reward/ prestige is not the same so they felt it shouldn't be as difficult. That's fair. 

It would be great if they left an option in the turn it back to pre nerf (or made an item to activate it). Remember though, you can control the difficulty in WOW- just farm a set of lower ilevel gear and run with that. Can your team beat Mythic Raz with no one on the team over ilvl398? or even 389? It will give you a challenge and something to do.

Edited by Ken007