FORUMS
Paloro

[Feral] Paloro's How to Guide

If Rip has fallen off the target, that means that you have let it fall off as a sacrifice to land a FB. This will only be worth it if you get it up again very quickly, and only lose roughly a tick of damage.

Feral is all about forward planning, about learning how to see 20-30 seconds forward in your rotation to see when you can weave in a FB, when you need to get Rip back up, and when, rarely, you can afford to let it fall for a second. This is tied directly to your stats (specifically crit and haste) as different ferals will regen energy and combo points faster based on their gear. It's all about practice and innate knowledge of your class.

It's also worth noting that the farther we get in the tier, the more important Rip will be until it is unacceptable to ever let it fall off to land a FB, as our levels of mastery increase. Early in the tier FB and Rip aren't terribly far from each other in terms of effective damage, but the gap will widen as we hit our crit caps and the mastery continues to scale.

If there's 11 seconds left on Rip and I'm energy capped and at 5cp, I'm pretty sure the best decision is to bite and pray. 

If there's 11 seconds left on Rip and I'm energy capped and at 5cp, I'm pretty sure the best decision is to bite and pray. 

I would only agree if you will have TF coming up in a few seconds and your SR is well maintained.

Hey, I have a question about keeping Savage Roar up.

With Incarnation, SR is free for the first ~80 seconds of a fight, and after that, SR is refreshed twice as needed (42+42 sec). By the time that 2nd SR is near expiration, there will be 16~20 seconds left on the next Incarnation/Berserk cd.

When I cast my 3rd SR, should I spend 1-2 cp just to keep it up long enough, or spend 5 cp for a guaranteed Predatory Swiftness?

Hey, I have a question about keeping Savage Roar up.

With Incarnation, SR is free for the first ~80 seconds of a fight, and after that, SR is refreshed twice as needed (42+42 sec). By the time that 2nd SR is near expiration, there will be 16~20 seconds left on the next Incarnation/Berserk cd.

When I cast my 3rd SR, should I spend 1-2 cp just to keep it up long enough, or spend 5 cp for a guaranteed Predatory Swiftness?

You will generally want to go for the PS proc.  The exception being if you are squeezing in another FB and it will be hard to generate 5 cp before SR falls.

I'm still showing Crit>Multistrike. 

What setup options are you using?  I would look at varying things like fight duration and duration variance as they would have the most likely impact on moving the priority of Multistrike.

To replicate your results, I would need everything that you are using as a setting. 

Gear/enchants/buffs/options

V24 came out on Jan 14th.  Using this simulation on my character (Paloro: US Arthas) with the following settings:

10000 iterations

450 fight length

20% variance

Patchwerk

Elite player skill

low (50ms) world lag

I get the following stat weights:

6.62   Weapon DPS

6.13   Agility               

5.48   Attack Power

3.40   Crit

2.85   Multistrike        

2.41   Versatility          

2.37   Mastery             

2.20   Haste             

This seems 100% accurate to me   

To replicate your results, I would need everything that you are using as a setting. 

Gear/enchants/buffs/options

V24 came out on Jan 14th.  Using this simulation on my character (Paloro: US Arthas) with the following settings:

10000 iterations

450 fight length

20% variance

Patchwerk

Elite player skill

low (50ms) world lag

I get the following stat weights:

6.62   Weapon DPS

6.13   Agility               

5.48   Attack Power

3.40   Crit

2.85   Multistrike        

2.41   Versatility          

2.37   Mastery             

2.20   Haste             

This seems 100% accurate to me   

Could you post your armory?  I'd like to see if I produce the same results as I have all the same settings.  I'd also like to double check talent choices.  

Thanks a lot for the help, feral druid is the only dps class I'm having issues with sim wise and I'm trying to figure it out before I give out bad information.

Is Incarnation always the best choice?

On HC Butcher and Kargath only last like 2:30-2:50min and i can use incarnation only once.

Could Soul of the Forest or Treants be the better choice dps wise or is Incarnation still superior?

If the fights are that short, your raid dps is so high it pretty much doesn't matter what you pick.

For dps purposes Inc would be the best choice.

If the fights are that short, your raid dps is so high it pretty much doesn't matter what you pick.

For dps purposes Inc would be the best choice.

Agreed, it would most likely still be Incarnation, though it doesn't hurt to sim yourself to be sure.

Hey Paloro, this is a great guide! I do have a question about OoC on single target. With 2 set, is it worth using Thrash with OoC for the increased energy gain? I haven't figured out how to alter simcraft rotations so I can't test this out for myself :S

Thanks for the kind words.

The simcraft rotation is currently using OoC procs on Thrash for single target.  Therefore, having the 2p will increase your damage.

However, if you are having trouble maintaining your other bleeds, I would not recommend using Thrash at all for single target.

Oh is it? I'm still new to using simcraft so I must have missed that information. 

Bleed maintenance isn't an issue for me, so I will definitely be incorporating Thrash into my single target. Thanks for the quick response!