FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

About 10 days or so go I posted and had linked to a log, I would love to 

So as I am trying to ensure that I use SF with my best procs can someone check I have this in the correct order please?

DS (30% Mastery)

GSR HC (2304 Crit)

Potion (1000 Intellect)

BMC HC (up to 3140 Multistrike)

Ring Proc 690 (450 Intellect)

Weapon  (500 Mastery)

BL/TW (30% Haste)

DuT HC (2304 haste)

I really have no clue where Synergy (15% damage) should go. I am thinking perhaps just above the ring? For something like DB/Cata though its worth is much much higher.

I am not in game so some numbers may be wrong. I don't have BMC so it's more of a guess on its worth and of course its strength changes hence it got lowered slightly. 

I know to pop into meta for procs, but how much Fury and MC procs do you spend on these. For procs I been just spend all fury/mc procs when ring procs as I have the 710 one. Then just pooling fury/mc when DS+GrimServ about to come off CD is this right?

Also like to know about Imp Swam - currently I been using it as I have both Mythic Shards + Heroic DUT so at pull with both up I pop imp swam, and have it macro into SoN so at least it always used (if off CD) before using Imp. Goal I try to get is to always pop in under both trinkets to max output, and of course save the trinket/cd if we will be hero before Imp Swam cd is up.

Well I don't think there is a correct answer for how much fury you should spend Nytemare. It changes depending on the fight and therefore fury regeneration speed, how much fury and how many MC procs you currently have, how long DS is away, how many damage procs are up and probably some other factors as well. 

Well DS I believe is 3300 mastery so that is huge compared to other things I calculated and hence should have the up most respect for fury and MC procs so I tend to try to have 800 fury and about 8 MC going in (assuming I am playing unglyphed DS). However it is possible to fish for more procs with CW (that's a loaded discussion)...

Unless DS is a long time away I personally would never dump everything on a proc as knowing my luck I am likely to be caught short. But that doesn't mean that this approach is correct and I am sure that being over cautious I actually lose dps at times as I do not have many damage increasing procs to play with at this point in time. If you know the fight length and that you will not fit another DS in it is ok to hold it back a bit I think.

Yeah I now have the 710 (or is it 715?) ring as well and like you have DuT and then QR so at the moment so we don't have many or the stronger procs. For my intellect (unbuffed) the ring is still only a 682 bonus and hence it doesn't change position in the list. However, intellect is a guaranteed boost unlike crit or multi which depend on the dice so maybe intellect is arguably stronger, I do not not know to be honest.

I personally have never used the Imp Swarm glpyh as nearly every one says it is an overall dps loss. 

Edited by spikeysquad

I been trying the glyph and only because I have the two haste trinkets. Figure once I can get my hands on Crit/Multistrike ones and I drop the two haste ones, imp swam is useless.

Been reading Zagam guild he has over at Dark Intent site, and since he mention using it only if you got big haste procs, and mention both SoN and DuT that why I started using it. It does give me an insane opener of 75k+ other day on IM I open up for 100k+. 

What do you do if DS is off cd and you got 800+ fury but like 1-2 MC only? do you use DS or hold it to fish for more? Since normally only use Imp Swam under SoN and if DuT is up that a bonus, I end up only using Imp Swam during DS as that when SoN is also up, this helps sometimes to get lot of MC for that DS, but then other time even with imps, I lucky to get 2-3 MC. What advice do you guys have? Save DS for only when I have 5+ MC and never pop it before, or keep doing what I am doing?

You should never run into a situation where you have 2 MC procs and 800+ Fury to be honest.

Try to float at 5-7 all the time. You can bleed off excess Fury / Soul Fires on ring procs. Considering you have Haste trinkets (which offer no value to Soul Fire) you shouldn't have any problems.

If anything, you are going to have TOO MANY MC procs as you have nothing to spend them on outside of Dark Soul and Ring.

Try to cast less in caster form.

You should never run into a situation where you have 2 MC procs and 800+ Fury to be honest.

Try to float at 5-7 all the time. You can bleed off excess Fury / Soul Fires on ring procs. Considering you have Haste trinkets (which offer no value to Soul Fire) you shouldn't have any problems.

If anything, you are going to have TOO MANY MC procs as you have nothing to spend them on outside of Dark Soul and Ring.

Try to cast less in caster form.

Never should but have few times, esp on those cleave fights where I have insane fury. Last part you say to try to cast less in caster form, what you mean. Should I not be chain casting SB? if I not using HoG or having to refresh dots, that pretty much what I do. I even removed the life tap glyph as I found I was hardly using much mana as I spending most of my time in meta due to high fury I was getting.

No I meant don't cast Soul Fire in Caster Form if you can help it.

Your argument about having insane Fury on cleave fights doesn't hold water, as anywhere that you're generating inflated Fury goes hand in hand with inflated MC generation.

No I meant don't cast Soul Fire in Caster Form if you can help it.

Your argument about having insane Fury on cleave fights doesn't hold water, as anywhere that you're generating inflated Fury goes hand in hand with inflated MC generation.

I don't use SF in caster unless they are sub 25% or if I about to cap MC. Also HoG and Imps only have 8% chance, sure in AE with lot of ticks shadowflame you should get non-stop, but that not always true. I keep an eye, but I telling then been times when I at 800+ fury with no MC procs. Maybe it because of the glyph which would be strange as I pop it only under the trinket procs

Edited by Nytemare

What would you guys think is the best way to use the 4pc in the opener? Should the 3rd charge be spent on a CW under DS+ Meta, or do 2xSB and throw the 3rd HoG then go into rest of the opener of Meta + Doom - etc...

Edited by Nytemare

I like to Chaos Wave, however you can also hop in for a few GCDs then hop out again to stack HoG and cast a few SBs before hopping back in for the remainder of Dark Soul. Considering you have double Haste trinkets I'd stick to HoG.

Don't forget to finish your precast before boss is engaged to get double trinket procs.

I like to Chaos Wave, however you can also hop in for a few GCDs then hop out again to stack HoG and cast a few SBs before hopping back in for the remainder of Dark Soul. Considering you have double Haste trinkets I'd stick to HoG.

Don't forget to finish your precast before boss is engaged to get double trinket procs.

I start to cast SF at 4 sec and whole time I pushing HoG key to get it off asap, then I do corruption - sb HoG. Right now I been using the 3rd charge of HoG before going into meta and popping DS+ DS / DS+Cata both version also have me using Imp swam which is always under SoN, and if rng on my side under both trinket + hero (if we did that under pull)

No luck this week on getting heroic GSR, and or normal BMC (group only 7/10H). I currently have Mythic SoN and Heroic DuT, I know Heroic GSR can replace Either trinket, but is a normal BMC strong enough to say replace Mythic Shards/Heroic DuT?

Edited by Nytemare

I haven't been around for a bit and was wondering if the Demonbolt metagame changed at all. Do most people still not use it pretty much? If they do, what fights (heroic versions preferably, mythic versions listed separately as my guild isn't there yet) is it good on? Are we still in the "don't cast it more than 2 times" metagame? I was thinking it would help for primal elemental burst in my guild since we still have some problems in our blast furnace farm kills, but then I lose out on the cataclysm that helps a lot with cleanup...

Edited by Alkeir

I start to cast SF at 4 sec and whole time I pushing HoG key to get it off asap, then I do corruption - sb HoG. Right now I been using the 3rd charge of HoG before going into meta and popping DS+ DS / DS+Cata both version also have me using Imp swam which is always under SoN, and if rng on my side under both trinket + hero (if we did that under pull)

No luck this week on getting heroic GSR, and or normal BMC (group only 7/10H). I currently have Mythic SoN and Heroic DuT, I know Heroic GSR can replace Either trinket, but is a normal BMC strong enough to say replace Mythic Shards/Heroic DuT?

No the ilvl difference is too much.

Make sure that when you precast the cast finished before the boss is pulled. This way if your trinkets proc the RPPM will reset when you enter combat, forcing them to double proc :)

I think you should enter Meta after second HoG and at least get Doom up and a few Soul Fires off, then jump out again to refresh HoG and fire a few more shadowbolts before back in to deplete the rest of your Fury.

I think it's about your procs Nytemare. At the moment it perhaps does not matter as much for you but if you have the 10 second non haste procs up then you you want to be in meta ASAP taking advantage of them not staying another 5 seconds in caster with I guess 2 measely SBs to get your 3rd HoG up and losing a CW. See what your ring is telling you about timings.

As to Go Serv and DS do you think you are perhaps casting it too late and again missing stacked goodness? At least of the 2nd HoG landing and a full double stacked HoG DoT whilst your ring is up. Perhaps though the double proc may get it though.

Again though we both need new trinkeys for this to really shine.

Edited by spikeysquad

Killed Furnace Mythic - 10m 26s duration.

72,5k dps with Demo.

Tryied Destro a couple times but does not feel good as demo. This not means it's not viable, just "weird" to play it. Mainly on P3 and P2 where u need to move a bit for fixate, volatile and stuff.

Failed pretty hard @ Elementalist, my CDs just don't line up at all, but I nailed the boss, Around 6,6M on that fiery devil.

Edited by JvChequer

How much damage did you do to slag elementals?

V2G8Nmr.png

PS: HUE HUE, BR BR Guild

Edited by JvChequer

h7mHCly.png

Above is my 62k as Destro.

Better boss and primal elementalist damage, and due to our tactic I used Doomguard on one of the Bellows. I believe we went into p2 with like 14-16 Heat or something.

You mentioned your cooldowns didn't line up on the Primal Elementalists, so I'm going to assume you used them during the AoE transition into p2? Tut Tut. You guys also spawned a 4th round of Bellows / Engineers / Security guards from the looks of it.

Overall you had a lot more damage on Security Guards / Slag Elementals as well as a lot of free damage from blowing up the mines in p1. Clearly Demonology has much higher output overall, but most of that damage is really just 'padding' at the end of the day. 

Still a really good job; I just wanted to highlight to others that Destruction is still just as good / better at some aspects of the fight compared to Demo.

h7mHCly.png

Above is my 62k as Destro.

Better boss and primal elementalist damage, and due to our tactic I used Doomguard on one of the Bellows. I believe we went into p2 with like 14-16 Heat or something.

You mentioned your cooldowns didn't line up on the Primal Elementalists, so I'm going to assume you used them during the AoE transition into p2? Tut Tut. You guys also spawned a 4th round of Bellows / Engineers / Security guards from the looks of it.

Overall you had a lot more damage on Security Guards / Slag Elementals as well as a lot of free damage from blowing up the mines in p1. Clearly Demonology has much higher output overall, but most of that damage is really just 'padding' at the end of the day. 

Still a really good job; I just wanted to highlight to others that Destruction is still just as good / better at some aspects of the fight compared to Demo.

I see your point, but I don't quite agree to the padding aspect - but on slags - because it's important burn down ASAP the other targets too.

Also i used pot on "intermission phase" to P2 to burn down ASAP the other adds, it's pretty sick the much of dmg going on.

But indeed I failed @ Elementalist pretty hard and could do better @ P3 but you indeed nail the Boss doing over 7.2M dmg.

Edited by JvChequer

Self buffed my SF at a 3.66 cast time, I do try to get it to be off before boss pulled, but that has lead to it being fired off and per-pulling how they call it. 

For when I use Demonic Service + Demonic Serv + Dark Soul I have it macro so when I hit DarkS the second Doomguard gets summoned. Yeah got 715 ring so yeah make sure to go into meta like I did before I had the 4x set bonus so Imp Swam + Doomguards get the benefit from my ring. Also try to get SF off sooner so I could get double proc.

For trinket yeah didn't think normal BMC would be worth dropping a mythic SoN or Heroic DuT, but wanted to check., Sucks as only hope is to do Heroic GSR + DuT then unless I can get lucky and pull BMC from my mythic cache or we finally get to BH and down him. We just only went 7/10H

Congrats on kills especially Liquidsteel on mythic Blackhand!!! Be proud of yourselves.

http://summonstone.com/warlock/demonology/Another guide site has popped up. I hope no one minds the link. Know that I really like and value this community but I am a strong believer in knowledge is power and do a lot of reading around in order to be the best lock I can be and hopefully help some others along the way. Hope that someone finds it useful.

Edited by spikeysquad

Guide is a patch out of date - going to have this corrected this weekend.  Going to work with resident 10/10M Liquidsteel to make sure everything is rock solid. 

Congrats on kills especially Liquidsteel on mythic Blackhand!!! Be proud of yourselves.

http://summonstone.com/warlock/demonology/Another guide site has popped up. I hope no one minds the link. Know that I really like and value this community but I am a strong believer in knowledge is power and do a lot of reading around in order to be the best lock I can be and hopefully help some others along the way. Hope that someone finds it useful.

Thanks, I certainly don't mind reading other demo guide, never have to much knowledge.

Guide is a patch out of date - going to have this corrected this weekend.  Going to work with resident 10/10M Liquidsteel to make sure everything is rock solid. 

Sweet can't wait.

Can't look at tooltip links at work but I have a question.   In the BRF strat thread it says to use unglyh DS, and to use the talent that gets you an extra pet for 25 seconds.    Is that really stronger than nuking with 3-4 demon bolts?

(I apologize for not having the full spell names, I can't see WoWhead at work)

For me DemServ with GoServ beats DB in sims and in practice (well a very high majority of the time). DB had a large nerf and only seems to excel in a small number of situations now. I guess try and see for yourself.