FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

6.1 Destruction Guide

Considering the curve-ball blizz threw at warlocks like a week before raiding, having a backup plan sounds smart. 

I'm finding that at the 630 Gear level, even with crit stacked all the way up, destro is not generating enough embers to be worth taking out of the box. Demo is more forgiving at this gear level though, and according to recent data, performs better. 

Before the patch, it was considered a viable option to stack either mastery or crit as destro, making dualspeccing in one gear set more viable. But i'm not so sure now. Someone with more understanding can correct me, but it seems you kinda need to go for crit if you want destro to function at the moment. 

I have tried to stack as much crit as possible! 

It worked perfect,  i got top 3 all the time on highmaul last night and had a great time! 

Tip, most fights are high movement fights, so use  [Grimoire of Supremacy] and  [Demonic Servitude]  whole raid.  i experimented a bit with other speccs but wasnt good at all.

Srry for my english and hope this information was good ennoug :)

when this guide was created RoF was part of the rotation, with the changes to RoF decreasing our rotations ember generation, does that change the priority of multi-strike?

when this guide was created RoF was part of the rotation, with the changes to RoF decreasing our rotations ember generation, does that change the priority of multi-strike?

PSA: I haven't actually simmed it out, but looking at the stat priority for every class in game, the trend became clear when you know a little about their rotation.

No. Crit and multi strike have, perhaps, the strongest synergy of any two secondaries because they multiply one another. Crits multstrike into double damage multistrikes, in an entirely generic term: ignoring class specifics, they're the strongest pairing of two stats.

The reasons crit is good for destro is exactly the same as it was in MoP: it's a direct buff to ember generation and a direct average damage buff to every spell you cast. Because of this increased damage, and the low value of haste destro values crit and multistrikes very highly, but also has to deal with an insanely strong mastery. The difference as stated in the original post will always come down to talents. Because pets benefit from your secondaries, a strong pet gets more from crit (anything > 0) and alleviates ember starvation. Because chaotic resources so massively increases your ember generation, and places so much emphasis in those dumping spells, they will always gain more from mastery, because it takes fewer points of master to equal 1% than it does for crit to equal 1%.(In MoP, the ratio of crit was 1000 per 1%, where mastery took only 200 or 300 points.[im not entirely sure]). Because of this a 3.3% buff to 60+% of your damage is greater than a 2% buff to all of your damage.

TL;DR: No. Mastery > crit = multistrike or crit > mastery = multistrike will always be the stat priority for destro unless blizzard changes the stat value scalings.

Balance tweaks coming Monday: "Playstyle changes shouldn't be made via a hotfix, like the recent Warlock embers change. Players need more warning before that happens."

They said mages and shamans weren't doing enough dps and that elemental needed more mobility, but they didn't say warlocks were underperforming or needed more mobility, just saying sorry for the way they changed RoF suddenly.

This would normally be the kind of question I would answer with Simcraft, but I keep getting an odd bug regarding on-use trinkets. I'm MS Destro, OS Demo, and currently have the 640 version of Sandman's Pouch, and the 655 version of Shards of Nothing. If I was to grab Copeland's Clarity, which trinket would I replace? I'm split about 80/20 on fights I do as Destro vs Demo, so it's a higher priority specwise.

Shards is a Haste on use - relatively useless for Destruction.  Sandman's lines up with Dark Soul almost perfectly, just like PBI did.  I'd replace Shards and work on upgrading your Sandman's.

• Like 1

Would you say it's worth keeping Shards in my bags for Demo?

As Liquid eludes, you couldn't use Shards + Copelands for Demo. 

• Like 1

You can't use two on use trinkets anyway, using one puts the other on cooldown!

It's been a long, long time since I've had access to two on use trinkets at the same time (I don't PvP much), so I didn't even know about that.  Thanks!

Not a full cooldown, just like 30s or something!

So technically could still use both for Demo? since the haste proc is probably better for fury generation anyways and would not interfere with your Fury Dump.  Of course I'd rather a dmg modifier proc, but I think the only other trinket in there is a stat stick, no?

Edited by Soulzar

Stat stick better than Pouchman's ?

Depends on ilvl.

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/Gahddo/

I've been too busy/lazy to do multiple target trinket sims.

I recommend copelands over mythic shard because:

1. Can't effectively have two on use trinkets.

2. Copelands is less rng.

3. Fuck haste.

Edited by gahhda

Hi all,

I got a kinda noob question to ask..

Let's say for an instance your raid has casted Bloodlust. Boss is at 30% health both my trinket (sandman and copeland) and DS will only be up in another 30s.

Would you :

1. Just continue as per normal and only Chaos bolt at 3.5 / 3 embers and save pot for trinkets

2. Pot and dump every Embers into Chaos bolt and build back up to 3 again with the haste buff