FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

6.1 Destruction Guide

He just said what to do. Literally all of the steps are in his post.

Learn scribe.

Make daily warpaints.

Use the lvl 2 scribe building to make your cards.

Unlearn scribe.

Repeat.

The end.

Reverse Unlearn and Use building.  The scribe seller guy will sell you patterns instead of make things for you if you actually know inscription.  Sorry for not getting into more detail, was kinda just a "here's an idea post".

Edited by Gnar

Reverse Unlearn and Use building.  The scribe seller guy will sell you patterns instead of make things for you if you actually know inscription.  Sorry for not getting into more detail, was kinda just a "here's an idea post".

So, you can get a scribe trinket in a day or so (with mats)?  Awesome, time to go tell a scribe guildie about this.

Ok so I made an account here on your lovely site just to pose questions. I am a returning hardcore who has decided to leave my DK behind and come back to belch green fire. Thank you awesome warlocks for your ever reliable jumpstart back to the game for me as a warlock. Now on to bidness. 

I have read up on the fourm and I really have not ran the sims but I am really curious. With all the upgrades to Destro well the pretty much 8% dmg increase where does that put charred remains?? I know Cata for fights that are heavy AOE or multi mobs. DS for single target ( please correct me if I am wrong) Now with the buff to all our fire breathing stuff do you guys think or know if that CR is actually viable or just a load of poop still?

P.S LockyBalboa I LOVE YOUR NAME. :D  

P.S LockyBalboa I LOVE YOUR NAME. biggrin.png

I was going to post this the other day but I forgot. I put in a ticket after Locky was "not found" for a few hours and I was getting really mad at Blizzard. This is part of the GM reply I got:

Hello,David this is Game Master Ranisat. I hope this message finds you well. 

Let me start of by saying this is THE BEST warlock name ever. EVER.

Best. Name. Ever. GM approved. 

On topic, CR is trash. Super trash. So trash that if I could I would take it out to the street and put it in my neighbors trash bin so that I didn't have to smell it.

• Like 3

Then on to the next question. I am having a real tear between specs. See I like Destro. I guess that is because I pretty much missed MoP and took a break after deathwings bitch ass died. I am not tired of Destro like some people and those people seem clamoring at the bit to leave destro. For me it comes to simple numbers. I am pulling nice numbers as destro. and I like it but my first love is Affliction. Correct me if I am wrong since I can take it :D 

PvE 

Destro

Affliction 

Demo

the differences are slight as far as numbers go but isn't that the rankings as far as PvE DPS right now and most likely going into Highmaul. 

Then in PvP 

Affliction 

Demo 

Destro.

I just love Aff PVP and could be bias but by all means please chastize me or agree I JUST NEED INPUT JOHNNY 5 .. 

Destro is dead due to nerfs.

Demo and Aff will be the best specs depending on the fight and the player.

I have no idea for PvP, I don't PvP as a warlock.

Destro is dead? Nerfs? I though blizz just Rob Ryaned destro?

I don't know who that is. Guild mates tell me that he is a foolball somebody, but I don't speak football so I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Destro took it in the teeth from hotfixes yesterday. Destro is 95% dead.

Could we stop spouting untested claims about destruction?

It's still viable.

It's still one of the best ranged, particularly in 5 mans.

It's still got crazy good aoe via charred remains.

Also, charred remains is only 4% behind in pre-raid gear. That's like the difference between glyph of dark soul + glyph of imp swarm for demo.

Did the RoF nerf completely gut our aoe? sure. But ask yourself, how often are you actually aoeing in 5 mans and raids? The answer might surprise you. And if you are constantly needing aoe, just take charred remains and shoot chaos bolts into peoples butts.

Edited by gahhda

I do find for AOE if I pop dark soul with fire and brimstone I have no problem with crits and AOE. I know RoF was kicked in the teeth but I guess you just have to work around that for AoE. I am super curious thou how you came to the conclusion that Charred remains is decent. From my understanding it hits like a wet noodle.

Do we have science and math to help with that yet?

I don't know who that is. Guild mates tell me that he is a foolball somebody, but I don't speak football so I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Destro took it in the teeth from hotfixes yesterday. Destro is 95% dead.

that is the most kneejerk reaction I've read on any forum, how are you coming to that conclusion?

The new simcraft including the hotfixes put Demonology ahead of Destro by a small margin, something like 200-300 dps. 

I have my own data(which I value more then all else) that my DPS has increased in my current content which is 5 man heroics. While it has dropped off slightly in aoe trash packs, I'm comfortably top of singe target boss fights. 

That's a gross exaggeration, considering raiding isn't even active yet. 

Can I ask how you are basing that statement? (considering Affliction still simming as the worst spec.

It's still viable.

Also, charred remains is only 4% behind in pre-raid gear. That's like the difference between glyph of dark soul + glyph of imp swarm for demo.

Did the RoF nerf completely gut our aoe? sure. But ask yourself, how often are you actually aoeing in 5 mans and raids? The answer might surprise you. And if you are constantly needing aoe, just take charred remains and shoot chaos bolts into peoples butts.

Agree with this. On the rare occasion( its usually 1-2 bosses a tier) where there is multidotting or multiple targets during the boss encounter, I'm sure, like SOO, most people will either swop to Demo for the fight or stick with Destro and just use their Havoc properly. 

People arn't even factoring in it seems, that this early in the expansion with low haste levels, that ember generation is going to be obviously slow. And with Destro in most scenarios showing crit and multistrike being the optimum two secondary stats, I doubt people are even going to try build up some haste, exasperating the problem and a skewered view.

It's still viable.

I don't understand how blizz could make RoF no longer give embers, been like that forever. Now it pretty useless spell from what I am seeing, so useless that it could just be taken off the bar. 

In AE I finding it hard to keep embers, this was before the hotfix, 5+ target and I just can't get the embers back in return to keep FnB rolling like before. Am I missing something here?

Demo I been playing, and it rock, just can't seem to do anything in AE as seems demo is so limited (that whole another topic)

Edited by Nytemare

The sims don't particularly work well for aoe. I can only provide anecdotal evidence from beta that CR always had the best 5 target aoe, even beating cataclysm by a good ~10-15%. Now that RoF is cut out of the equation, it's the only source of valid aoe outside of 1 minute burst aoe cycles with cataclysm.

It's also only 4-5% behind ST, which sounds like a lot compared to most of the stuff we talk about, but in terms of heroics/cms? I've never once heard of someone getting gold because they did 5% more dps to one boss. I have, however, heard them not get CM because their spec lacks any viable aoe for trash.

I'll go into Mastery/Crit Gear with Mastery enchanting/gems with Demo+Destro combo for raiding first week.

Destro for Kargath (Sup+Servitude), Butcher(Sup+Servitude), Tectus(Sac + Charred), Twin Ogron(Sac + Charred) and Imperor Mar'gok(Sac + Cata).

Demo for Brackenspore(Sup+Servitude because I going deal with grass stuff) and Ko'ragh (gosup + DB)

That's my first thoughts on Highmaul raid, but dunno if it's the best choice.

Since we're not in top of single target, I think we should focus on core moments of fights like Cata on Mar'gok to cleaning up fast the adds or do the flamegrass stuff on Brackspore, things like that.

Edited by JvChequer
  • Like 1

Maybe im dumb, but in 5 mans i still use RoF on trash. It still does "some" damage, and only costs a GCD. As far as trash is concerned...a GCD isnt a big deal.

Have not tried CR yet, bout to tho.

Maybe im dumb, but in 5 mans i still use RoF on trash. It still does "some" damage, and only costs a GCD. As far as trash is concerned...a GCD isnt a big deal.

Have not tried CR yet, bout to tho.

RoF only worth it with 5+ targets

Going to experiment with GrimSac and Charred Remains tonight.

Reading some other forums mentioning, without any data to back it up, how this is the "go to choice".

Where is this gosac & charred coming from? There is nothing anywhere to suggest it is any use, and from giving it a try it seemed absolute garbage.