FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

6.1 Destruction Guide

Hi all,

I got a kinda noob question to ask..

Let's say for an instance your raid has casted Bloodlust. Boss is at 30% health both my trinket (sandman and copeland) and DS will only be up in another 30s.

Would you :

1. Just continue as per normal and only Chaos bolt at 3.5 / 3 embers and save pot for trinkets

2. Pot and dump every Embers into Chaos bolt and build back up to 3 again with the haste buff

If you have double DS you can get a little more out of the first part of hero but yeah Chaos Bolt doesn't scale with haste, you just cast more of them so still get close to cap until your procs are up and running. If you have a weapon enchant proc in the first 20 sec don't be afraid to let off two at once, DS+Hero carries you back fast.

If you have double DS you can get a little more out of the first part of hero but yeah Chaos Bolt doesn't scale with haste, you just cast more of them so still get close to cap until your procs are up and running. If you have a weapon enchant proc in the first 20 sec don't be afraid to let off two at once, DS+Hero carries you back fast.

Ahh ok.. Another thing that i would like to ask is, given the double DS, Would you pop ur 2nd DS after the first one dropped during the opening of the fight (given that lust was not used at the start) or save it for later? And what would you  do with it if lust is used in the opening ?

Edited by t3chy

Nothing I hate more than seeing logs with a DS used 5 sec after the one on the pull. Your proc are gone, you spent every ember you could, what made that seem like a good idea? Our rppm are weak currently so your best option is to stack it with hero, increased damage phases, required burst, and if not with these at least with 3 embers.

• Like 1

Just coined a Mythic Warforged Shards of nothing. I wanna use it (BIG ILVLS) But Not sure what i would replace it with (copelands+670 stat trink) And play Destro mainly. Mbe i should use it with stat stick and go Affli. But i literally got ZERO haste on my gear.

The 320 int alone on it seems decent. Is it viable to go Copelands+Shards for destro even?

Edited by Djargo

Just coined a Mythic Warforged Shards of nothing. I wanna use it (BIG ILVLS) But Not sure what i would replace it with (copelands+670 stat trink) And play Destro mainly. Mbe i should use it with stat stick and go Affli. But i literally got ZERO haste on my gear.

The 320 int alone on it seems decent. Is it viable to go Copelands+Shards for destro even?

Don't go affliction with 0 haste on your gear.

It's not viable to go Copeland's and Shards as they are both "on use" trinkets, causing a cooldown between usage.

The rule of thumb around here is anything 10+ ilvl is highly likely that it will be better than something that has secondary stats in your favor. Try shards and the heroic trink off Imp. 

I've yet to do any Simcraft to prove any of what I just stated.

Don't go affliction with 0 haste on your gear.

Low/no haste isn't the end of the world for Aff. I was running it just fine with 2% haste.

I was running it quite well with 4% static Haste.  It feels slow as balls, but it works. 

Will enchanting for mastery be better than crit since most of the time we will be incinerating biggrin.png

Enchant/gem Mastery if you change specs often.  It's the best stat to use amongst all specs.  If you're an only-Destruction Warlock (shame on you), stay Crit.

I was running it quite well with 4% static Haste.  It feels slow as balls, but it works. 

Enchant/gem Mastery if you change specs often.  It's the best stat to use amongst all specs.  If you're an only-Destruction Warlock (shame on you), stay Crit.

Well i switch around demo / destruction.. but atm I'm still gearing up so went full crits XD

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Aman'Thul/Zaphyros/advanced

Been playing aff on occassion (e.g. when I'm being lazy) at 8% haste, and been feeling alright. I think the tier bonuses will hep the feel out a lot. Shard gen feels wild, but not too bad. Multistrike bug was still a thing too (IDK if it's fixed yet) and that created more inconsistency. But overall Aff feels fine. It's just way boring.

Holy shit guys. Blizz covered us in a delightful glaze of love, havoc cd down 5 entire seconds!!!!!!!!!!!! We are kings once again!!!!

Re: the havoc buff

Currently if you play with lag tolerance enabled (spell queueing), and you apply Havoc as it's coming off of CD, it will put it back on CD, put the debuff on the target, but not copy any spells.

If you play with lag tolerance at 0 this doesn't happen (at least not that I've been able to determine).

Edit: To clarify, you need to still check the Custom Lag Tolerance checkbox, but move the slider to 0. Leaving it unchecked defaults it to 400

Just FYI

Edited by juribe

hey guys o/

merry xmas

do you feel usefull for big aoe pacs like in CM for example to take use of the charred remains talent ? has anyone tried it or what would be nowadays the best way to aoe in general, what do you use ?

any of you tried CMs so far and if so with what specs ? i fear anything but destro might not work

thanks

Edited by vladMTL

hey guys o/

merry xmas

do you feel usefull for big aoe pacs like in CM for example to take use of the charred remains talent ? has anyone tried it or what would be nowadays the best way to aoe in general, what do you use ?

any of you tried CMs so far and if so with what specs ? i fear anything but destro might not work

thanks

Hey there. There's a CM thread on the forums right now and a lot of people are saying Destro with Cata+grimserv or grimsac is looking the best for AOE in CMs. I actually think CR is pretty cool and I wish it was better. Let me know if you try it out!

Heyo

So i currently have mark of bleeding hollow on my weapon due to switching between destro/affliction on a per fight basis

But ive been unsure if the 500 mastery proc from that is considered worth using chaos bolts during, or is it generally not strong enough vs saving for dark soul or a stronger trinket proc?

Edited by Blackbeard7

I use chaos bolt during the procs. Not like i got any other procs to react to atm with copelands+stat stick. Obviously not firing them off if Cds are ready soon. People should be getting the 690 ring with 10% int proc this or next week though and then that proc will obviously be better to start shooting chaos bolts off with.

Makes sense

right now i have that or sandmans as non-DS things to potentially throw them out in

ive currently been bolting during it as long as i wasnt going to have DS up in the near future, just wanted to make sure i wasnt wasting bolts 

Makes sense

right now i have that or sandmans as non-DS things to potentially throw them out in

ive currently been bolting during it as long as i wasnt going to have DS up in the near future, just wanted to make sure i wasnt wasting bolts 

I'd be curious about what the theorycrafters said.  I get that right now there may not be much else that procs.  But on the other hand, if your crit is a little low then you're not going to be getting a lot of embers.  And you may still be better off banking 3-4 embers for when Dark Soul or your trinket procs.  

I'd be curious about what the theorycrafters said.  I get that right now there may not be much else that procs.  But on the other hand, if your crit is a little low then you're not going to be getting a lot of embers.  And you may still be better off banking 3-4 embers for when Dark Soul or your trinket procs.  

Casting Chaos Bolt under Mastery proc is not mutually exclusive from banking embers for Dark Soul. You can quite easily generate 3 embers in 30-40 seconds, so keep that in mind and you'll do fine.

Makes sense

What do you mean Sandmans?

You should be using Dark Soul WITH the trinket proc and they should never really be exclusive.

What do you mean Sandmans?

You should be using Dark Soul WITH the trinket proc and they should never really be exclusive.

trinket proc (sandmans pouch) should be happening once between DS cooldowns so embers can be rebuilt for DS coming off, im not saying i dont do that also. 

the question was is it worth dumping on the mastery proc if i have a potential crit trinket proc incoming or if its not enough of an increase vs the other potential windows (when one needs to be reacted to)

Edited by Blackbeard7