FORUMS
Damien

Survival Hunter 6.2

1) Don't worry too much about weapon damage, generally a higher ilvl weapon will always be better.

2) See above

3) Exotic Munitions sims considerably lower than lone wolf focusing shot, so no it is not worth taking. It would take a LOT of mastery for it to catch up, at which point the lack of crit and ms would make the build worse off than when you started.

4) I assume you mean EM here, as I don't know what EA could mean right now. As for a cap on applications, the dot works like any other dot, whenever it is reapplied the duration refreshes (and adds up to 30% due to pandemic). It doesn't stack upon itself so faster applications mean it refreshes faster.

To correct orthios here, weapon damage for SV means very little as most of your damage comes in the form of magic damage from dots. Weapon damage is almost worse than multistrike.

Guest ThatHunterGuy

Btw if you do use Exotic Munitions (I do) use Incendiary ammo all the time. DO NOT USE POISON ammo. It sucks. Incediary still has a higher dps output with SV even on single targets, period. 

Hey!

Im having some trouble performing in the dps meter. Im currently Steady Focus, MoC, Barrage, Focusing shot. I cant seem to push over 21k with my ilvl (649). I keep MoC, BA and Serpent sting up all the time, and never delaying ES and trying to use Barrage as soon as I feel I have the focus for it and not delaying any other main spell. I try to use Focusing shot while im under 40 focus then dump with AS if possible. Is there something wrong with the specc or am I doing something wrong with the priority of my spells? Any tips or advise?

Hey!

Im having some trouble performing in the dps meter. Im currently Steady Focus, MoC, Barrage, Focusing shot. I cant seem to push over 21k with my ilvl (649). I keep MoC, BA and Serpent sting up all the time, and never delaying ES and trying to use Barrage as soon as I feel I have the focus for it and not delaying any other main spell. I try to use Focusing shot while im under 40 focus then dump with AS if possible. Is there something wrong with the specc or am I doing something wrong with the priority of my spells? Any tips or advise?

Again, can't tell you anything specific without logs. Logs will tell the full story about what you are doing and if it's correct or not. Only thing I can tell you is the general info which is in the guides.

Again, can't tell you anything specific without logs. Logs will tell the full story about what you are doing and if it's correct or not. Only thing I can tell you is the general info which is in the guides.

How can I show ppl my log?

4. does EA have a cap on applications?

the poisen variant of Exotic Munitions (EM) does has a cap. The dot from one auto-shot lasts 16s and ticks 8 times. So you can stack the effekt only 16s / number of auto-attacks. My hunter does one attack each 2.76s. That means I can stack the debuff around ~6 times before the dot from the first application finishes and the next autoshot keeps the stack number...

Guest QuirKz

This is probably a stupid question, but is someone able to explain the below to me?

"For single target DPS, Barrage is the best choice, provided that you are also using the Steady Focus talent."

I can't work out what the correlation between Barrage and Steady Focus is, which results in a DPS increase. Why is Barrage the best choice only when you have taken Steady Focus as well?

This is probably a stupid question, but is someone able to explain the below to me?

"For single target DPS, Barrage is the best choice, provided that you are also using the Steady Focus talent."

I can't work out what the correlation between Barrage and Steady Focus is, which results in a DPS increase. Why is Barrage the best choice only when you have taken Steady Focus as well?

The reason for it is that Steady Focus grants you enough extra Focus to warrant the otherwise expensive Barrage.

Just wondering if Versatility is still better then Mastery? Ask Mr Robot has Mastery as a higher stat weight now.

AMR consolidates stat weights between ST and MT (single and multi target) and gives weights that will be good for both. Once multiple targets are introduced and SS becomes a larger portion of your damage then mastery becomes much better than versatility.

The weights on Icy-Veins and my own guide consider AoE scenarios and AskMrRobot is still way off.

Mastery doesn't really gain value with multiple targets.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BmKgDFTHcJrZQNYA#fight=8&type=damage-done&source=5

A Butcher parse. 20 + 19 + 12 + 10 + 0.4% = 61,4% of the damage is elemental, here.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WryjF4QzbfdwNX6C#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=47

My Imperator parse. Lots of last-phase AoE padding.

46 + 8 + 6 + 5 + 4 = = 69% of the damage is elemental here.

Not at all enough to push Mastery ahead. AskMrRobot is just wrong.

1) Don't worry too much about weapon damage, generally a higher ilvl weapon will always be better.

2) See above

3) Exotic Munitions sims considerably lower than lone wolf focusing shot, so no it is not worth taking. It would take a LOT of mastery for it to catch up, at which point the lack of crit and ms would make the build worse off than when you started.

4) I assume you mean EM here, as I don't know what EA could mean right now. As for a cap on applications, the dot works like any other dot, whenever it is reapplied the duration refreshes (and adds up to 30% due to pandemic). It doesn't stack upon itself so faster applications mean it refreshes faster.

Thanks. I did mean EM I keep thinking its called "Exotic Ammunitions". 

I've seen some talk of powershot taking over from barrage and Glaive Toss....is that situational for the "I don't have to move much fights"?

where can I get some pet advice?

What do you mean by "pet advice"?  As in what pet to use?  If so then use whatever pet you want.

Guest Isoka

ok guys, so isnt crit strike, the best stat right? I m asking it because the MM Hunter´s first stat is Crit, and Nnx said that on the forums, isnt the same in SV? tongue.png

ok guys, so isnt crit strike, the best stat right? I m asking it because the MM Hunter´s first stat is Crit, and Nnx said that on the forums, isnt the same in SV? :P

You must be looking at some old posts, as this has changed. For MM, multi and crit are pretty much of equal value. For SV, multi > vers > crit > mastery > haste.

My question is about the single target statistics priority... all webs tell critics is better than versatility except here.

Is really versatility a better choice?

Edited by Montarazz

With the new 4pc (When you hit a target with Explosive Shot, your multistrike damage is increased by 15% for 3 sec.) do we go back to explosive shot weaving with other shots? Like we did before ES was able to stack?!

E.G.: ES - Filler - ES - Filler - ES? So we get a higher uptime on the ES buff?

With the new 4pc (When you hit a target with Explosive Shot, your multistrike damage is increased by 15% for 3 sec.) do we go back to explosive shot weaving with other shots? Like we did before ES was able to stack?!

E.G.: ES - Filler - ES - Filler - ES? So we get a higher uptime on the ES buff?

No, since the damage still stacks upon itself and the buff's duration gets extended with each application.

Guest Gulldar

Ok 3 questions here:

1) After looking at AMR I see there is a Surv Lone wolf spec, with Multi > Mastery build, is this viable?

2) Mastery only affects Magic Damage, in post # 62 you stated something about SS which is Nature damage, how would mastery affect this?

3) Also  saw something about elemental damage with AOE targets, has all damage turned into elemental damage besides physical?

Sorry I did try looking this up and found nothing...any explaination would be much appreciated.

Ok 3 questions here:

1) After looking at AMR I see there is a Surv Lone wolf spec, with Multi > Mastery build, is this viable?

2) Mastery only affects Magic Damage, in post # 62 you stated something about SS which is Nature damage, how would mastery affect this?

3) Also  saw something about elemental damage with AOE targets, has all damage turned into elemental damage besides physical?

Sorry I did try looking this up and found nothing...any explaination would be much appreciated.

1) Depends what your definition of viable is, I'm not familiar with the build you mention but I know that Lone Wolf is considerably behind Focusing Shot.

2) Mastery effects Serpent Sting.

3) Kinda confused as to what you're talking about. If it's not physical, it's magical generally speaking.

I was wondering if y'all used traps in your main single target rotation, I feel like i'm not using them nearly enough

So I have looked at some guides on this and taken a look at what the best hunters in the world are doing.  In all cases, crit is the #1 stat with multistrike.  The guide needs to be updated to reflect that.  Even the hunter who supposedly helped write this, Azortharion, has his crit above his multistrike at the moment on his survival hunter.  Can we get this guide updated with the proper stats please?

Berdine