FORUMS
Damien

Destruction Warlock 6.2

Guest madcowcancer

how is glyph of demonic training not in this guide??? for those of us who dont want to sacrifice our demons.

Guest Nosa

Hey, why are you putting crit gems on the guide while your TC warlocks (who writed this guide) put mastery gems everywhere ? 

Guest Vocomortis

I'd actually like to know why I see them gemming so much Haste + Mastery and not crit when crit is supposed to be above haste? Is it to reduce cast time on Incinerate?

Hey, why are you putting crit gems on the guide while your TC warlocks (who writed this guide) put mastery gems everywhere ? 

I'd actually like to know why I see them gemming so much Haste + Mastery and not crit when crit is supposed to be above haste? Is it to reduce cast time on Incinerate?

Crit and Mastery are very close in value. The difference between gemming for crit, or for mastery, won't impact your dps greatly. I'm using mastery gems because I had them before the patch, and I didn't see a point in paying 1.5k to switch all of my gems on the gear I'll be replacing in two weeks :).

I'd recommend keeping crit and mastery relatively close to each other, but if you're a beginner player, crit is much more forgiving if you make mistakes.

Guest Bharzaros

Hey all, this is a general guide comment but I have not found such a forum here so I will put it here in my main character's thread.

I wish for the guide (and the guides in general) to include an as close to optimal opener for fights as possible. I am quite sad to see this lagging in guides that are so great in the other areas. The opener of a fight really does matter and it would be awesome if you experienced people would include what you surgest. It would fit great under the Rotation section of the guide. As destro I use my 5.4:

Precast Incin then immolate > prepot+on use trink+DS:ins >conf x2 > incin x4 > 2x CB

This might be wrong and most likely is but pls, spend a few sec to help people as me improve our dps, by writing your surgestions in the guide.

Great work though!

A great fan of your site

Bharzaros

Guest Narcissus

Hey there, just have an inquiry about what I read on another website (noxxic) concerning statistics priority for destruction warlocks. I read that the priorities are now as follows:
Intellect > Haste = Multistrike > Crit > Versatility = Mastery

Is this truly the case? Has mastery fallen this low, with intellect once again becoming the top followed by haste=multistrike?

Thanks in advance =)

Guest Sandastan

Hey guys, my imp r doing about 1500-2000 dps with grimoire of supremacy and demon trainning glyph, i think u must think about this combination in destrolock

Guest Xebenatros

When is this page going to be updated along with Affliction and Demonology? It seems that the warlocks and I think, Mages haven't been updated to count their new talents or setups.

Guest Guest

Most warlocks doing challenge modes are:
Sacrifice, Cataclysm, Archimonde and no DS glyph.

Guest DiegoBrando-Kazzak

Wow there are a lot of weird (read as "bad") things in the guide:

• Int>Crit>Mastery... Then proceeds to gem mastery with 0 explanation
  • The rotation is bad if you use cataclysm. It applies immolate yet the guide says to use it AFTER immolate >_>
  • No starting rotation
  • Not a single word about Archimode's Darkness

I could go on but fix these at least >_>

• The rotation is bad if you use cataclysm. It applies immolate yet the guide says to use it AFTER immolate >_>
  • No starting rotation

Please go on. I fixed the Mastery issue, it was just a typo. I agree that the Immolate oversight was a pretty bad one. For the other two points, we don't give a starting rotation, unless it requires you to do things drastically different or you can reliably do the same thing every pull and we don't talk about Archimonde's Darkness, because we don't advise to take it.

• No starting rotation

The guide doesn't go in to detail about how to use archimonde's darkness because it's currently a dps loss over mannoroth's fury in all situations.

We can't specific a 'starting rotation' because of the nature of burning embers. The amount you generate on pull is RNG. Sometimes you might get off 3 chaos bolts, sometimes only 1.

Edited by gahhda

Guest Ish

Do why are you accounting pvp gear when i dont see a mention of even heroic gear?

Hey guys, I have a few questions about the dps guide.

1) are we to continue re-applying RoF? thats a toughy, but seems like it would be fun!

2) when we hit 3.5 embers, do we spam Chaos bolt until we drain to 1 burning ember? or do you just use 1 and resume rotation?

Thanks!

Do why are you accounting pvp gear when i dont see a mention of even heroic gear?

An update is coming soon for these. The Blizzard Item API is broken and has none of the WoD items, so I had to change all my scripts to go get and item information from WowDB. Obviously, repopulating my entire database of items from this new source has been taking some time.

Hey guys, I have a few questions about the dps guide.

1) are we to continue re-applying RoF? thats a toughy, but seems like it would be fun!

2) when we hit 3.5 embers, do we spam Chaos bolt until we drain to 1 burning ember? or do you just use 1 and resume rotation?

Thanks!

You keep applying RoF whenever it expires.

Unless it says otherwise, you are only supposed to cast Chaos Bolt once. This is made explicit by the statement that says that you need to stay close to full Embers, so that you can burn them during Dark Soul.

• Like 1

Guest d2m

Without running the numbers, what kind of sense does having 2 double damage Rain of Fires a minute represent a DPS increase over what probably ends up being 40 extra seconds of 30% crit?  In any other situation than dungeon trash this makes no sense.  I can see the argument where you have 3 or more targets, but against 1-2 target fights, it seems like it HAS to be a DPS loss.

Guest lockcaster

hey i was just wondering if u had the numbers for the stat prio so i can put it into ask mr robot the link isent doing it for me thanks. also everywhere i look ppl are saying a diff stat priority is there a reason behind this one?

Guest lockcaster

hey i was just wondering if u had the numbers for the stat priority to plug into ask mr robot the linkl isent working for me thanks 

Guest Guest

From the patch notes today in hotfix:

Does this change anything in stat priority? Also wondering when RoF will be useful to cast as casting for 1 target sounds like a waste now.

Guest FC

I'm assuming that with the latest changes to Destro, the hugely nerfed RoF is no longer part of the single target rotation?  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Patch 8.3 comes with a new Essence which allows you to borrow the currently slotted Essence of your target, even if it's not available to your current role. It doesn't work with passive Essences and requires coordination to ensure the cooldown incurred doesn’t interfere with whatever you're doing next.
      The Essence can be obtained from Ny'alotha, the Waking City. Blizzard explained how the targeting works and shared more information about the Essence. The Formless Void is a general Essence, meaning it's available to all specializations. Tanks, for instance, will be able to borrow Healer Essences, and so on.
      The Formless Void
      Rank 1
      Major Power: Replica of Knowledge - Replicate the energy in your target's Heart of Azeroth, gaining access to rank 1 of their currently slotted Major Essence for the next 15 sec. The Formless Void will go on cooldown for 50% longer than the base cooldown of the Essence you replicated. Does not work on passive Essences. Minor Power: Symbiotic Presence - Each time any ally within 40 yds uses an Azerite Essence, gain 89 pri for 20 sec. Unique: Corruption reduced by 10. Rank 2
      Major Power: Replica of Knowledge - Replica of Knowledge can now copy up to rank 2 of your target's current Major Essence, and the increased cooldown is lowered by 10%. Minor Power: Symbiotic Presence - pri bonus increased by 25%. Rank 3
      Major Power: Replica of Knowledge - Replica of Knowledge can now copy up to rank 3 of your target's current Major Essence, and the increased cooldown is lowered by 10%. Minor Power: Symbiotic Presence - When an ally within 40 yds uses an Azerite Essence, you and that ally gain 0 Haste for 20 sec. Check out our Patch 8.3 Content Hub to learn more about Visions of N'Zoth.
      Blizzard (Source)
      So, I guess the question is, what type of scenarios might unfold that would be appropriate for this essence?
      What would you consider the use case for it, and how will you react when its obviously either too strong or too weak for that use case?
      The Formless Void mostly exists for the purposes of flexibility, which is why all roles can use it. It requires a lot of planning, it requires you to coordinate and know who you plan on borrowing what Essence from, and for what situation, and make sure that the cooldown incurred doesn’t interfere with whatever the next situation you have to manage is.
      As a note, you can also borrow something from a player of the enemy faction. The targeting is very unrestricted other than the obvious - it has to be a player, they need to have an Essence currently slotted that is valid to copy (fully passives Major Essences are ineligible).
      Does the “Formless Void” essence require the correct role to copy an essence. For example, could you copy the tank Azshara raid essence as a dps to gain access to a defensive cooldown for a particularly nasty damage taken check, or could you copy a dps essence as a tank or a healer in order to push a particularly challenging dps check.
      You can borrow any eligible Essence, even if it is not normally available to your current role. For example, a Protection Paladin player can borrow a healer specific thing such as the new Spirit of Preservation, or a DPS specific thing such as Essence of the Focusing Iris.
    • By Starym
      It's back! The Recruit A Friend system has now officially returned, with many new features and goodies. You can get game time,an enchant, a pet and a mount and armor set! Blizzard have re-explained all the details below, but the big news is that it's live right now!
      Recruit A Friend (source)
      Ready to make memories with your friends and share fantastic adventures with them across Azeroth and beyond? The new Recruit A Friend program is the perfect way to show them the ropes.
      What’s New?
      The new-and-improved Recruit A Friend (RAF) program retains fan-favorite features, and it introduces a bounty of new rewards—because Azeroth is best experienced with friends at your side. Just like the previous program, you can teleport to each other with Friend-to-Friend Summoning (which works on a 30 minute cooldown) and receive 50% bonus experience when partied together.
      More Recruits, More Rewards
      The new Recruit A Friend program allows you to be linked with up to 10 friends, and earns game time and other unique rewards—like mounts, pets, and more—the longer they play. Players new to WoW and veteran players who have not purchased game time on their account in the past two years can be enlisted in this program. Each time one of your recruits adds game time to their account, you’ll earn progress toward a new reward. The more friends you invite, the faster you’ll earn the rewards, as one friend adding multiple months of game time earns the same rewards as multiple friends adding one month of game time each. See all the rewards you can get below!*
      Rikki - 1 Month Game Time – 2 Months Explorer’s Dunetrekker – 3 Months Title: Renowned Explorer – 4 Months Game Time – 5 Months Enchant: Stinging Sands – 6 Months Renowned Explorer’s Tabard – 7 Months Game Time – 8 Months Explorer’s Jungle Hopper – 9 Months Renowned Explorer’s Rucksack – 10 Months Game Time – 11 Months Renowned Explorer’s Attire – 12 Months Rewards shown from left to right: Renowned Explorer’s full set as shown (Attire, Tabard, and Rucksack), Rikki, Renowned Explorer’s Jungle Hopper, and Explorer’s Dunetrekker. Not pictured – Enchant: Stinging Sands. Rikki—This curious monkey is ready to see the world at your side. Explorer’s Dunetrekker—Traverse deserts, jungles, tundra, and beyond on this two-seater mount. Renowned Explorer Title—Distinguish yourself with a unique title. Enchant: Stinging Sands—Enhance the appearance of your weapons with swirling sands. Renowned Explorer’s Tabard—Don this rugged tabard to show off your adventurous streak. Explorer’s Jungle Hopper—Soar through Azeroth’s skies on this mount for two. Renowned Explorer’s Rucksack—Always be prepared for adventure with this bustling backpack. Renowned Explorer’s Attire—Look the part of a grizzled outdoorsperson with this rugged appearance. Game Time
      Every 3 months after your 12-month reward, you’ll get a game time reward.
      Hover or tap on the image above to see the Renowned Explorer’s Tabard and the Renowned Explorer’s Tabard Rucksack isolated from the Renowned Explorer's Attire. Go it Together
      Time flies when you’re having fun, and it goes even faster when you and your recruits play together. Conquer Azeroth alongside your friends and you’ll both receive a 50% bonus to experience for faster leveling when partied together. You can also summon each other once every 30 minutes. Furthermore, our new Party Sync feature makes it easier than ever to level with friends. When activated, everyone in the party becomes aligned to the same quest state and phase. You’ll also have access to a “replay quest” feature that allows players who’ve already completed certain quests to replay them with their friends for rewards that are appropriate to their current level, regardless of the quest’s original level. Quests can be replayed for rewards once per day.
      If you’d prefer to play with your friend using a current character rather than starting a new one, you now can. By using Party Sync, you can choose to have your level adjusted so you can quest and experience outdoor content with your friends as they level up. And, If you want to queue for instanced content (such as Battlegrounds and dungeons) in their level range, you can choose to join them by having your level scaled down.
      Lead with Confidence
      To help you help your friends, we’ve created a brand-new RAF panel in-game to help you know when to expect your next reward and given your access to Party Sync. The RAF panel also lists special activities available to players who participate in the program. Complete these in-game challenges with your recruits to earn even more rewards.
      Start Your Journey
      The new Recruit A Friend lets you generate a custom link in-game that you can send to your friends. This link will help you and your recruit connect in-game, and you’ll be able to see if they’ve purchased game time, which will lead to rewards for you! For each month your recruits have active game time, you’ll earn a new reward, such as unique pets, mounts, game time, and more. These rewards unlock each month and scale with the amount of time your recruits have subscribed for. And, of course, with Party Sync, you’ll be able to journey with your friends on any of your characters.
      Adventure Awaits
      Recruit A Friend returns to World of Warcraft in the next few months. When you’re ready to bring your friends to Azeroth, simply log in to WoW and generate an invite link through the Recruit A Friend interface, then send that link to your friends. Up to four friends can use it to link their accounts to yours. To recruit more friends, you’ll need to generate a new link, which you can do once every 30 days.
      *In-game rewards are available to use in World of Warcraft, but not in World of Warcraft® Classic. Free game time earned through Recruit A Friend provides access to both World of Warcraft and WoW Classic.
    • By Starym
      Here come today's BfA hotfixes, featuring the already announced raid nerfs (and the Palce opening to cross-realm groups on Mythic), with lady Ashvane and Queen Azshara getting significantly easier, mostly on Mythic. We also get a change to how the Battle of Nazjatar works, as it is no longer on a fixed delay, and we get some Mechagon quest and world changes as well.
      October 22 (source)
      Dungeons and Raids
      Azshara’s Eternal Palace The Eternal Palace is now available for cross-realm groups on Mythic difficulty. Lady Ashvane Lady Ashvane’s health reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty. Rippling Wave damage reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty. Waterlogged periodic damage reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty. Queen Azshara The "Stand Together!" and "Stay!" decree combination is no longer possible in Heroic difficulty. Overzealous Hulk and Tidemistress health reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty. Draining Azshara’s Ancient Ward now reduces its energy by an additional 5 points in all difficulties. Empowering a Ward of Power now increases its energy by an additional 5 points in all difficulties. Healer-specialization characters are now less likely to be targeted with decree combinations that include “March!” in all difficulties. Short Circuit now drains 10% less energy from the affected Ward in all difficulties. Essence of Azeroth now has an increased duration if there are fewer than 20 players in the raid in Normal and Heroic difficulties, and lasts 30 seconds (was 25 seconds) in Mythic difficulty. Developers’ note: These changes were made to smooth out the difficulty curve of the instance as we transition into the next raid tier, something we often do after all Mythic Raid Hall of Fame slots have been earned. Player versus Player
      The start time for the Battle of Nazjatar is no longer fixed to a 3-hour interval. The delay between events now has random variance. Developers’ note: As players have learned the timing of the event over the course of Rise of Azshara, increasingly the perceived optimal way to participate is to camp the control points in advance of the start time. By adding some variance (which still averages out to a 3-hour interval), we hope to make the Battle for Nazjatar more dynamic without reducing the overall frequency of the event. Quests
      "Energy Cells for Everyone " now resets daily (was weekly) and will be automatically removed from players’ quest logs with the daily reset. World
      The Charging Station construction project in Mechagon now appears significantly faster after the Charging Station is destroyed.
    • By Starym
      Here comes more Waking testing, as we're going to see some Heroic Xanesh, Hivemind and Vexiona testing on Thursday and Friday, with an old face re-emering and we get to kill Il'gynoth one more (but not without a whole lot more ominous whispering)!
      October 24th and 25th (source)
      On Thursday, October 24th and Friday, October 25th, we will be continuing our raid tests in Ny’alotha, the Waking City.
      Thursday, October 24th
      Dark Inquisitor Xanesh - Heroic Ny’alotha, the Waking City
      13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
      The Hivemind - Heroic Ny’alotha, the Waking City
      14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)
      Friday, October 25th
      Il’gynoth, Corruption Reborn - Heroic Ny’alotha, the Waking City
      13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
      Vexiona - Heroic Ny’alotha, the Waking City
      14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)
      As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.
      Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
      A: In Zuldazar, Boralus, Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade III in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)
      Q: What character should I use to test the raid?
      A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players’ effective level to 120 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested.
      Q: How long does testing last?
      A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we’re satisfied that we’ve received that information for a given boss, we’ll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.

• By Stan
      Today we're looking at the research tree for Horrific Visions coming in Patch 8.3.
      Horrific Visions are a new feature of Patch 8.3 where you visit alternate realities of Orgrimmar and Stormwind, where N'Zoth was victorious, and your goal is to complete as many side objectives as possible to earn better rewards before defeating the mini-boss.
      Horrific Visions are revolving around a resource calls Sanity, which must be maintained at a reasonable level, because you will be automatically teleported outside of the Horrific Vision when it reaches zero.
      To help us with that, we've got a new Legendary Cloak from Wrathion which comes with a protection against Sanity-draining effect (Blacktalon's Experimental Protection) and a Titanic Research Archive which gradually trivializes Horrific Visions and allows you to delve deeper into these visions on successive visits.
      You will earn Corrupted Mementos in these visions which will be analyzed by MOTHER to strengthen your defenses against his corruption. You can then use them as a resource for talent research.
      Titanic Research Tree
      The tree was shown briefly during the Visions of N'Zoth Content Preview and has five tiers of research.

Titan Research Archive
      We datamined the following talents associated with Horrific Visions. Some of them have the [NYI] tag which means they haven't been implemented yet. It seems you will be able to focus your research on single or group play.
      Tier 0
      Research Talents
      Let There Be Light - Allows for you to discover torches which regenerate Sanity inside the Visions of N'Zoth. [NYI] Non-Research Talents
      Clear Sight - Able to see and loot treasure chests in the Damned/Corrupted/Lost area of the Horrific Visions. Experimental Destabilization - While at or above 4% Sanity, your damage done is increased by 30/40/4%. While at or below 4% Sanity, your damage taken is reduced by 30/40/4%. Portable Clarity - Enter the Vision with 1/2/3 Portable Clarity Beams. Portable Clarity Beam Cleanse all madnesses and regenerate 100 Sanity for nearby allies every 1 sec for 6 sec. Combat interrupts this effect. Destroyed when leaving the Vision. Sanitation Mastery - [NYI] Killing an Aberration in the Visions grants you 5/10/15% Sanity. Vivification Procedures - Enter the Vision with 1/2/3 Seeker's Vials. Seeker's Vial Increases Sanity by 30%. May be used in combat. Destroyed when leaving the Vision. Tier 1
      Research Talents
      Know No Fear - Increases your max sanity.[NYI] The Penitent Shall Pass - Your sanity now passively regenerates. [NYI] Non-Research Talents
      Expansive Mind - Increases all party members' maximum Sanity by 100/$@312,888m1/$@312,889m1. Gift of the Titans - Defeating enemies in Horrific Visions has a chance to grant Gift of the Titans, increasing haste and movement speed by 60% for 20 sec. Singular Sanitation Expertise - Reduced damage taken and increased damage done by 5/10/5%. This benefit is lessened by 2/4/5% per additional party member in the Vision. Leveraged Materials - [NYI] When leaving the Vision, gain Cleansed Mementos for every unused Sanity Restoration Orb and Detoxifying Vial. Orb Operation Manual - Receive instructions on how to summon Sanity Restoration Orbs while within a Horrific Vision. The orb revives all nearby allies and restores their Sanity. Up to 3 Sanity Restoration Orbs can be summoned in a single Vision, and orbs summoned by any player in the party count against this limit. Vision Cartography - [NYI] Able to sync with Vision Mapping points, yielding Corrupted Mementos and granting you 40% increased movement speed. Vision Hunter - Killing an enemy grants 1/2/3% increased damage for 10 sec. Stacks up to 5 times. Tier 2
      Research Talents
      My Name Is Fury - Whenever you take damage that causes you to lose sanity, deal damage to the enemy as well. [NYI] Friends In The Darkness - Whenever you lose Sanity, chance to summon a friendly void fiend to fight by your side for a short time.[NYI] Non-Research Talents
      Elite Extermination - Defeating an Elite enemy within the Visions of N'Zoth restores 200 Sanity. Experimental Endeavor Expertise - Cleansing Lights and Portable Clarity Beams you cast last 100% longer. Inversion - Each madness now comes with a minor beneficial effect. Vision Reorganization - [NYI] Able to see and open portals from alternate Horrific Visions, summoning enemies for additional rewards. Tier 3
      Research Talents
      Rich Cache - Chests now have a chance to contain stronger torches and greater scrolls in them. [NYI] Non-Research Talents
      Emergency Cranial Defibrillation - Upon reaching 0 Sanity, you gain 500 Sanity. Occurs once per Vision. Synchronized Mind Stabilizer - The first revival you perform on an ally during the Vision costs no Sanity. Tier 4
      Research Talents
      Fleeting Vision - Whenever you are inside the Vision, your movement speed is increased. [NYI] Bountiful Vision - Increases the number of Corrupted Mementos that drop for you. [NYI] Unknown NYI Talent Tier 5
      Research Talents
      Stalwart Mind - Whenever you are afflicted by a madness, chance instead to benefit from a Boon of Resolve. {NYI] Check out our Visions of N'Zoth Content Hub for the latest Patch 8.3 info!