FORUMS
Damien

Mistweaver Monk 6.2

Guest Brunhill

Why are you suggesting to enchanting mastery?

i agree, why not haste instead? Higher in stat importance. Interesting that Greater Haste and Superior Haste are exactly the same.

There seems to be a mistake in the rotation section.

Here https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/mistweaver-monk-pve-healing-rotation-cooldowns-abilities#sec-1-2 you recommend using Blackout Kick to dump Chi while keeping up the Tiger Palm buff, while here https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/mistweaver-monk-pve-healing-rotation-cooldowns-abilities#serpents-zeal the opposite is recommended.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Both reported issues should be fixed now :)

Uncommon Patron

WTH? Yesterday i replaced a lot of gems for crit as recommended by AskMrRobot for my mistweaver, and today its recommending a buttload of spirit gems instead!!! A little clarification? With crit being the top secondary stat and spirit at the bottom, I think that was flawed advice, or am I wrong? Argh, not doing it, i think AskMrRobot is having issues, lol. Think i will hold off and give them a few days to figure out what they are doing. With that said, my poor balance druid was struggling to kill turtles on Timeless yesterday, but today after regemming per AMR recommendations, i was back to my awesome owl status and killing them with a couple of shots! Bam!

Edited by Brunhill

Guest Estarianne

Mr. Robot has no spirit cap, and if you're decently geared you won't be having mana issues in 6.0.2. I put a strict cap on the spirit. Mr. Robot will never recommend primary stat gems because primary stats were nerfed, so you get 2x secondary (haste, crit) vs primary (int). Also this comment about chi sphere: "If the raid is stacked up, and players are often dropping below 35% health, this ability can be quite good. That said, you should not be choosing this talent." makes no sense.

Guest Sakay

It's a little unclear on whether or not a MW should switch to crane stance+blackout kick specifically for the 20% crit boost before switching back to serpent stance, when in the middle of a moderate-damage fight. Could you clarify on this?

In the Stat Explanations section, inv_pet_jadeserpentpet.jpgJade Mists should be noted as a multistrike benefit.

Also inv_glyph_majormonk.jpgGlyph of Detoxing should be listed in the glyph section as it is useful if you have to dispel 2 people in a very short period of time.

Edited by fenrez

So it's no loger advised to gem for primary stats?

That is correct.

In the Stat Explanations section, inv_pet_jadeserpentpet.jpgJade Mists should be noted as a multistrike benefit.

Also inv_glyph_majormonk.jpgGlyph of Detoxing should be listed in the glyph section as it is useful if you have to dispel 2 people in a very short period of time.

Thank you, I'll add both!

Guest Zenja

It's a little unclear on whether or not a MW should switch to crane stance+blackout kick specifically for the 20% crit boost before switching back to serpent stance, when in the middle of a moderate-damage fight. Could you clarify on this?

I am also wondering this. unsure.png

IMO

You should attempt to keep a high uptime on the Zeal buff to increase your healing over the fight.

If in the period of time when you are switching to keep the buff active you need to emergency heal a player that requires serpent stance then you would heal the player before refreshing the buff. This is more of a know your fight mechanics thing than a generic answer.

If you know you can switch stances, gain the buff then switch back and no major damage/healing is required then you you would of course maintain the buff.

Guest Toefü

IMO

You should attempt to keep a high uptime on the Zeal buff to increase your healing over the fight.

If in the period of time when you are switching to keep the buff active you need to emergency heal a player that requires serpent stance then you would heal the player before refreshing the buff. This is more of a know your fight mechanics thing than a generic answer.

If you know you can switch stances, gain the buff then switch back and no major damage/healing is required then you you would of course maintain the buff.

I have tried to use BOK on test dummies to gain the crit buff and I always lose it when flopping back to Serpent. Last night on Garrosh, I swear my WA buff watcher showed the buff stayed up. Would anyone be able to help comment on this? Are we supposed to stance dance for buffs and the dummies are glitched or is this the desired effect? Blizz never mentioned dropping buffs when flopping stances, only chi... Anyone? 

~Toe

Upon further research it appears that the buff dropping on stance change is intended.

Tweet conversation between Suplift and Celestalon.

@Celestalon @Reglitch_ Will crane zeal be lost if you switch between the stances? I can see stance dancing to maintain 100% uptime

@Suplift Yes.

So no stance dancing for 100% uptime :(

Guest Taurruss

Your stats are listed:

1. Multistrike

2. Critical Strike

3. Intellect

4. Versatility

5. Haste

6. Mastery

No mention of Spirit at all, then down below in the "Statistics Explanations":

Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades...

Spirit increases your mana regeneration. You should always aim to have items with spirit...

The order you've listed your stats in contradicts your explanation. I can understand not putting spirit above crit, because spirit is apparently only available on trinkets, rings, neck, but certainly Intellect needs to be #1 in the stat priority list.

Just my $.02. Maybe I'm wrong?

Your stats are listed:

1. Multistrike

2. Critical Strike

3. Intellect

4. Versatility

5. Haste

6. Mastery

No mention of Spirit at all, then down below in the "Statistics Explanations":

Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades...

Spirit increases your mana regeneration. You should always aim to have items with spirit...

The order you've listed your stats in contradicts your explanation. I can understand not putting spirit above crit, because spirit is apparently only available on trinkets, rings, neck, but certainly Intellect needs to be #1 in the stat priority list.

Just my $.02. Maybe I'm wrong?

Intellect is, as we said, your primary stat. You want that in all your upgrades. As in, you never ever want to get an item without Intellect. This information is, if anything, redundant, because as a Mistweaver you're never going to pick up an item that doesn't have Intellect, probably even if we never mentioned it. Once you're looking at an item with Intellect on it, then you decide based on the stat priority.

Spirit isn't on the list because it doesn't logically fit on it. It cannot be given a "weight" as other stats can be. It depends on your comfort level with your mana regeneration, but the safe bet (at least for a good while longer) is to get all the Spirit items you can.

Guest Grge

Ascension increases mana u get from Mana Tea, i think no where it is mentioned.

Guest Shox

Currently it says that RJW costs no mana to use, which is false. Please change this!

While it seems as though the guide is well-made (I don't see many issues with it), your section on Vital Mists is outdated.

Vital Mists is a buff you get when spending Chi in Stance of the Spirited Crane. It stacks up to 5 times, reducing the mana cost and cast time of Surging Mist by 20% per stack. Spending one chi grants you one stack of Vital Mists. Therefore, using Blackout Kick grants two stacks of Vital Mists, and using a 4-chi Chi Explosion grants you 4 stacks.

Your section on Vital Mists still has the outdated means of generation - solely through Tiger Palm. Tiger Palm still generates stacks, but it's worth it to note that all chi uses within Stance of the Spirited Crane. generate stacks.

That's all! ^_-

Currently it says that RJW costs no mana to use, which is false. Please change this!

Where does it say this?

Ascension increases mana u get from Mana Tea, i think no where it is mentioned.

It does? Isn't that just a consequence of your mana pool being bigger, since Mana Tea just restores 4% of your maximum mana?

While it seems as though the guide is well-made (I don't see many issues with it), your section on Vital Mists is outdated.

Vital Mists is a buff you get when spending Chi in Stance of the Spirited Crane. It stacks up to 5 times, reducing the mana cost and cast time of Surging Mist by 20% per stack. Spending one chi grants you one stack of Vital Mists. Therefore, using Blackout Kick grants two stacks of Vital Mists, and using a 4-chi Chi Explosion grants you 4 stacks.

Your section on Vital Mists still has the outdated means of generation - solely through Tiger Palm. Tiger Palm still generates stacks, but it's worth it to note that all chi uses within Stance of the Spirited Crane. generate stacks.

That's all! ^_-

Hello!

Thank you very much. I don't really understand how that happened. I'm updating the guide now.