Damien

Shadow Priest 6.2

Sign in to follow this  

78 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Shadow Priest guide.

In the enchants section, shield item should be removed?

Thanks, I fixed it! Replaced "Shield" with "Off-Hand".

I believe Enchant Boots - Surefooted is significantly better than Enchant Boots - Greater Haste.

I believe that this should not be so. We'll put it in the guide if Blizzard leaves it in. Thanks!

Hey, nice guide but I have one question I'm having a hard time getting answers for. Does Mind Flay (and maybe Mind Sear too?) count as a dot or direct damage? Because as you know they removed snapshotting from SW:P and VT so I wonder if this applies to MF too? So basically I wonder if MF benefit from your stats at the start of the cast or if MF, just like SW:P and VT changes when your stats do?

It should be noted, because of the glyph choices you present for shadow, that Prayer of Mending pops you out of shadow form (at least at this time it does).

It should be noted, because of the glyph choices you present for shadow, that Prayer of Mending pops you out of shadow form (at least at this time it does).

Thanks for the suggestion, I've added these mentions!

Hi, I've a question about the flasks.

http://beta.wowdb.com/items/76085-flask-of-the-warm-sun gives 114 Int and http://beta.wowdb.com/items/58086-flask-of-the-draconic-mind gives 119 Int.

They both give me +125 Int under Attributes, is there a difference or can you use the cheaper Draconic-flask?

regards,

You can definitely switch to the cheaper one.

isent mastery more viable now that it got buffed?

It might be more viable (than before), but you are still good to go with using the stats we have in the guide right now.

I'm confused by the guide, on the rotation it says "

1. Cast wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast if you have fewer than 5 Shadow Orbs."

I thought that the max for orbs is 3?

You get up to 5 orbs when levelled to 100 smile.png

You get up to 5 orbs when levelled to 100 smile.png

Oh OK thank you, I must have missed reading that when I looked over the notes, that explains why I didn't have that ability at 90. Thanks!!!

Is Insanity still bugged so it scales down with Haste?

This isn't a bug, this is a design change on how often Insanity is available.

This makes insanity insane on bosses that give a casting speed debuff, use it as the debuff is about to end and you get insanity for a longer time depending on how powerful the debuff is. I think I had it for 20+ seconds without realising until it happened.

If you have a haste debuff (such as the one from Heigan the Unclean) when yo cast Devouring Plague your insanity will have a ridiculously long duration. So if you cast it as the debuff is about to end you can have 20+ seconds of insane Mind Flays.

Also, I don't think Psychic Horror Disarms anymore

Edited by Diviniti

as a shadow priest I find myself keeping myself bubbled pretty much everytime I see damage or know damage is incoming, why wouldn't u use reflective shield glyph as oppose to the other glyphs that have no dps/surviablity increase, that way even though u waste a global bubbling ur self u still do some damage with it

as a shadow priest I find myself keeping myself bubbled pretty much everytime I see damage or know damage is incoming, why wouldn't u use reflective shield glyph as oppose to the other glyphs that have no dps/surviablity increase, that way even though u waste a global bubbling ur self u still do some damage with it

The main reason is because you should very rarely have to cast Power Word: Shield on yourself in a raid, basically. It is the job of the healers to keep you alive, and your job is to DPS. If you are using a global cooldown every time for PW:S, you are missing out on a lot of DPS. For those few times of super intense damage that you just have to shield yourself, it's not worth the glyph spot. And it doesn't always work, either.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

The Feast of Winter Veil has begun! Check out all 2017 updates and our Winter Veil guide for more details!
      The Merrymaker achievement is required for What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been. Don't forget to check out our Feast of Winter Veil guide, if you're working on the Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake mount!
      2017 Update
      Gifts
      Toy weapon sets are this year's gifts (Don't Play With That In The House)
      Toy Weapon Set Toy Weapon Set There are four faction-themed items related to the weapon sets
      Wooden Toy Axe Wooden Toy Shield Wooden Toy Shield Wooden Toy Sword Alliance

Horde

Items
      Glowing Gift (drops from Stolen Present) Finely-Tailored Green Holiday Hat drops from Varimathras in Antorus, the Burning Throne; Illysanna Ravencrest in Black Rook Hold; or King Deepbeard in Eye of Azshara. Finely-Tailored Red Holiday Hat drops from Krosus in the Nighthold, Talixae Flamewreath in the Court of Stars, or Saprish in the Seat of the Triumvirate. We also found two items that have no source indicated yet:
      Hearthstation Hearthstation Pets
      Globe Yeti spawns inside snow globes that can be found in Dalaran, Ironforge and Orgrimmar. When you enter a Snow Globe, you will be transformed into a Gnome (Alliance) or Goblin (Horde), allowing you to swim in it.

• By Stan

A first look at racial abilities and passives of Allied Races.
      If you pre-order Battle for Azeroth, you will get early access to four Allied Races. In other words, you will be able to level them up to 110 before the expansion launch. Patch 7.3.5 contains new unlock scenarios, character customization options and all assets to enable Allied Races, so it's really safe to say that they will be part of an upcoming pre-order promotion.
      Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari Trolls will be added to the game later. No information about their racials are currently available.
      Highmountain Tauren
      Bull Rush
      Charge forward for 1 sec, knocking your enemies down for 1.5 sec. (2 min cooldown) Mountaineer
      Increases your Versatility by 1%. Pride of Ironhorn
      Mining skill increased by 15 and allows you to mine faster. Rugged Tenacity
      Reduces damage taken by 330. Waste Not, Want Not
      You have a chance to loot additional meat and fish. Lightforged Draenei
      Demonbane
      Experience gains from killing Demons increased by 20%. Forge of Light
      Summon a Forge of Light, enabling Blacksmithing. Blacksmithing skill increased by 10. (2 sec cast, 5 min cooldown) Holy Resistance
      Reduces Holy damage taken by 1%. Light's Judgment
      Call down a strike of Holy energy, dealing 465,816 Holy damage to enemies within 5 yards after 3 sec. (40 yd range, 2.5 min cooldown) Light's Reckoning
      When you die the Light avenges you, dealing 0 Hol Damage to enemies within 8 yards and healing allies for 0. Nightborne
      Ancient History
      Inscription skill increased by 15. Arcane Affinity
      Increases magical damage by 1%. Cantrips
      Conjure up an Eldritch Grimoire, allowing you mail access for 1.5 min. Dispel Illusions
      Draw upon your arcane sight, piercing illusions and invisibility within 15 yards. Force Shield
      Enchants an area with arcane energy, damaging and snaring nearby enemies. Magical Resistance
      Reduces magical damage taken by 1%. Masquerade
      Shroud yourself in illusion, taking on the appearance of another Nightborne. Void Elves
      Chill of Night
      Reduces Arcane and Shadow damage taken by 1%. Entropic Embrace
      Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void. Ethereal Connection
      Reduces the cost of Void Storage and Transmogrification by 50%. Preternatural Calm
      Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage. Spatial Rift
      Rip a rift in space and time. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift. (30 yd range, 1.5 min cooldown) Patch 7.3.5 Coverage
      Alleria & Turalyon Return to Azeroth Allied Races Heritage Armor Allied Races Mounts in Battle for Azeroth Call of the Scarab Micro-Holiday Mounts Faction Embassies in Patch 7.3.5 Highmountain Tauren Druid Forms in Battle for Azeroth Development Notes: Build 25600 Seething Shore Battleground Preview New Zones in Patch 7.3.5 Vicious War Fox Mount Available in Patch 7.3.5 Uninstanced Version of the Nighthold (Allied Races Hub for the Nightborne) Zone Scaling & Zone Level Caps in Patch 7.3.5
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, PUBG, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: 
      Stjern#2802 or Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 930~ ilvl
      - 72+ traits.
      - 8/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Druid: Balance.
      Warlock: Affli/dest
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Starym

Another batch of hotfixes only 2 days after the last, this time we get some small Hunter tweaks, some apparently crucial Throne of Thunder fixes and the big news for your backpack - Pantheon's Blessing now stacks!
      December 14 (source)
      Classes
      Hunter [Hotfix in testing] Tame Beast will no longer trigger trinket procs, such as Caged Horror. Dungeons and Raids
      Throne of Thunder Jin’rokh the Breaker Resolved an issue that caused Jin'rokh's Focused Lightning to move faster than intended. Antorus, The Burning Throne Hounds of Sargeras Resolved an issue that could cause Consuming Sphere to inflict periodic damage more rapidly than intended. Items
      Pantheon's Blessing will now stack. Previous patch 7.3.2 hotfixes:
      December 12 December 6 December 5 December 1 November 21