Damien

Demonology Warlock 6.2

40 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Demonology Warlock guide.

it looks like the trinket section isent updated yet for 6,0 since it still says that you should try to cast dots on 10 stacks of BBoY for the snapshot.

isent the best trinket setup for SoO KTT and PBI now that we cant snapshot?

it looks like the trinket section isent updated yet for 6,0 since it still says that you should try to cast dots on 10 stacks of BBoY for the snapshot.

isent the best trinket setup for SoO KTT and PBI now that we cant snapshot?

Thanks, I had a talk with Gahddo and we've fixed it smile.png

I'm not sure haste is that low TBH. Was doing some private theory crafting and dps tests ran by myself on the dummies and i was getting slightly better results switching my gems from Artful to Keen. (Int+Mastery to Haste+Mastery)

Please share your results, we'd be more than happy to discuss them smile.png

Heyy! 

5.6 Opening sequence doesn't include when to use dark soul and doomguard

ty

Heyy! 

5.6 Opening sequence doesn't include when to use dark soul and doomguard

ty

That's because you don't use them right away, you wait until you have enough Demonic Fury.

statistic priority seems to be wrong. and my main concern is ultistrike. musltistrike is a very minimal dps gain. I have no idea how ur sim craft calculates it but here is the result of my calculation on pen and paper using mathematical expectation:

let's assume I have 12% multistrike (which is it's actual current value from trinket plus lock buff in 6.0.2) then I will have %77.44 chance of MS not triggering not even once from any dmging output, and I'll have %1.44 chance of it triggering twice from any dmging output, granting 60% increased dmg and lastly I'll have %21.12 chance of triggering only once from any dmging output granting me 30% increased dmg

mathematical expectation shows a %7 dps gain in total as shown below:

(77.44 x 1) + (21.12 x 1.3) + (1.44 x 1.6) = 107%

so 12% mulstistrike provides %7 dmg increase. which is quite minimal. haste, mastery and crit remain as core stats and MUST never have less priority than multistrike.

statistic priority seems to be wrong. and my main concern is ultistrike. musltistrike is a very minimal dps gain. I have no idea how ur sim craft calculates it but here is the result of my calculation on pen and paper using mathematical expectation:

let's assume I have 12% multistrike (which is it's actual current value from trinket plus lock buff in 6.0.2) then I will have %77.44 chance of MS not triggering not even once from any dmging output, and I'll have %1.44 chance of it triggering twice from any dmging output, granting 60% increased dmg and lastly I'll have %21.12 chance of triggering only once from any dmging output granting me 30% increased dmg

mathematical expectation shows a %7 dps gain in total as shown below:

(77.44 x 1) + (21.12 x 1.3) + (1.44 x 1.6) = 107%

so 12% mulstistrike provides %7 dmg increase. which is quite minimal. haste, mastery and crit remain as core stats and MUST never have less priority than multistrike.

Your math is right, but you could have calculated the same value in a much simpler fashion: 1 + 0.12*0.3*2 = 1.072

What you are missing completely missing is that you only need 14 points of Multistrike to get +1% Multistrike when you need 20 points of Haste to get +1% Hate and 23 points of Critical Strike to get +1% Critical Strike.

Hi Damien,

I believe this guide is perfect except one thing your missing. Screenshots of your Specializations, talents and glyphs. and screenshot of your UI.

Personally id like to see someones setup and then modify based on that. To me as a starting player it really helps me visualize a setup that works for someone and modify from that.

What do you think?

Hi Damien,

I believe this guide is perfect except one thing your missing. Screenshots of your Specializations, talents and glyphs. and screenshot of your UI.

Personally id like to see someones setup and then modify based on that. To me as a starting player it really helps me visualize a setup that works for someone and modify from that.

What do you think?

Well, I think this is something that could be done in the Warlock section. I never wanted to post things like UI in the guide, because this is so personal.

And thank you for the nice comments about the guide, but it still needs to be updated for WoD, which I'll do tomorrow wink.png

Hi there,

Loving your guide so far, but I came across a small mistake: In section 5.3.1. (Grimoire of Supremacy), you state that for the Wrathguard Threatening Presence is replaced by Axe Toss, but my Wrathguard has both abilities.

Thanks for the guide, I'll be reading the rest as well.

- Verdic the Hallowed - Frostmane (EU)

Found another out-of-date thingy: 5.3.2. (Demonic Servitude) mentions Grimoire of Sacrifice, which is no longer available to demonology warlocks.

Well this guide is juste awesome

thanks for all thoose tips ;)

Hi there,

Loving your guide so far, but I came across a small mistake: In section 5.3.1. (Grimoire of Supremacy), you state that for the Wrathguard Threatening Presence is replaced by Axe Toss, but my Wrathguard has both abilities.

Thanks for the guide, I'll be reading the rest as well.

- Verdic the Hallowed - Frostmane (EU)

Found another out-of-date thingy: 5.3.2. (Demonic Servitude) mentions Grimoire of Sacrifice, which is no longer available to demonology warlocks.

Thank you! I will be fixing these shortly.

Well this guide is juste awesome

thanks for all thoose tips wink.png

Glad to be of help!

Are you going to be doing any video guides? Personally im a more visual person.

Are you going to be doing any video guides? Personally im a more visual person.

No, we are not. Video stuff is not really our thing smile.png

A little question for my only Demon Lock smile.png

Stas priority on guide say:

Int - Mast - Crit - haste = Multy - Ver

Using Mr Robot stat is set to:

Int - Haste - Crit - Multy - Mast - ver

Till now i'm pushing Haste and Crit, it seems wrong vs this guide

What priority is the way to go?

A little question foor my oonly Demon Lock smile.png

Stat priority on this guide say:

Int - Mast - Crit - Haste = Multy - Ver

Using MrRobot priority is set to:

Int - Haste - Crit - Multy - Mast - Ver

Till now i'm pushing Haste and Crit but seems wrong vs this guide

What priority stat should i follow?

Thx

A little question foor my oonly Demon Lock smile.png

Stat priority on this guide say:

Int - Mast - Crit - Haste = Multy - Ver

Using MrRobot priority is set to:

Int - Haste - Crit - Multy - Mast - Ver

Till now i'm pushing Haste and Crit but seems wrong vs this guide

What priority stat should i follow?

Thx

Mastery is by far and away the best stat for demonology, no matter what 100 talent you take. It leads about 8% over the other stats in terms of value.

After mastery, the secondary stats are all of similar value single target, aside from versatility which lags behind the others.

Haste is technically better than crit single target. The reason the guide recommends a mastery/crit build is for multiple-target encounters. The value of crit goes up drastically when a second target gets added because you double the # of dooms ticking. Doom crits spawn wild imps, which generate a very large part of our demonic fury.

TL;DR All of the stats are very close single target, so it won't impact your dps much, but a mastery/crit build pulls ahead for 2+ targets.

One thing:

Corruption is extended when you cast wow_icon_inv_jewelcrafting_shadowspirit_Touch of Chaos while in wow_icon_spell_shadow_demonform.jpgMetamorphosis, so you will generally not have to refresh it manually. That said, if Corruption is about to drop and you have no reason to enter Metamorphosis, then you can refresh it manually. You do not lose ticks if you refresh it when it has 5.4 seconds remaining or less.

Is this still true when Demonbolt is specc'd?

According to the guide, refreshing Corruption manually would just occur from time to time but my tests yesterday yielded different results. I had to refresh it manually all the time. Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed that you say to always use Dark Soul when using Imp Swarm but I dont see that reflected in your "opening rotation" ... which one takes precedence?  Should I reserve IS until DS is sprung or should you incorporate DS into that opening rotation? Sorry if Im reading it wrong, but it did seem inconsistent.  Thanks for the great guide!

After the 13th Jan. hotfix, I believe that for two targets (Twin Ogron) Demolocks should pick Demobolt instead of Cataclysm.

Does anyone have a link to a video guide of the current demo rotation? Would be really nice just to see how a good demolock gets max dps on a target dummy or something smile.png

As far as I can tell, Hand of Gul'dan doesn't stack past 2, even with T16 2-set procs. It will still refresh the duration, but the intensity doesn't stack past 2.