FORUMS
Damien

Demonology Warlock 6.2

it looks like the trinket section isent updated yet for 6,0 since it still says that you should try to cast dots on 10 stacks of BBoY for the snapshot.

isent the best trinket setup for SoO KTT and PBI now that we cant snapshot?

it looks like the trinket section isent updated yet for 6,0 since it still says that you should try to cast dots on 10 stacks of BBoY for the snapshot.

isent the best trinket setup for SoO KTT and PBI now that we cant snapshot?

Thanks, I had a talk with Gahddo and we've fixed it smile.png

Guest Ilun

I'm not sure haste is that low TBH. Was doing some private theory crafting and dps tests ran by myself on the dummies and i was getting slightly better results switching my gems from Artful to Keen. (Int+Mastery to Haste+Mastery)

Guest Leipoo

Heyy! 

5.6 Opening sequence doesn't include when to use dark soul and doomguard

ty

Heyy! 

5.6 Opening sequence doesn't include when to use dark soul and doomguard

ty

That's because you don't use them right away, you wait until you have enough Demonic Fury.

Guest Shayan

statistic priority seems to be wrong. and my main concern is ultistrike. musltistrike is a very minimal dps gain. I have no idea how ur sim craft calculates it but here is the result of my calculation on pen and paper using mathematical expectation:

let's assume I have 12% multistrike (which is it's actual current value from trinket plus lock buff in 6.0.2) then I will have %77.44 chance of MS not triggering not even once from any dmging output, and I'll have %1.44 chance of it triggering twice from any dmging output, granting 60% increased dmg and lastly I'll have %21.12 chance of triggering only once from any dmging output granting me 30% increased dmg

mathematical expectation shows a %7 dps gain in total as shown below:

(77.44 x 1) + (21.12 x 1.3) + (1.44 x 1.6) = 107%

so 12% mulstistrike provides %7 dmg increase. which is quite minimal. haste, mastery and crit remain as core stats and MUST never have less priority than multistrike.

statistic priority seems to be wrong. and my main concern is ultistrike. musltistrike is a very minimal dps gain. I have no idea how ur sim craft calculates it but here is the result of my calculation on pen and paper using mathematical expectation:

let's assume I have 12% multistrike (which is it's actual current value from trinket plus lock buff in 6.0.2) then I will have %77.44 chance of MS not triggering not even once from any dmging output, and I'll have %1.44 chance of it triggering twice from any dmging output, granting 60% increased dmg and lastly I'll have %21.12 chance of triggering only once from any dmging output granting me 30% increased dmg

mathematical expectation shows a %7 dps gain in total as shown below:

(77.44 x 1) + (21.12 x 1.3) + (1.44 x 1.6) = 107%

so 12% mulstistrike provides %7 dmg increase. which is quite minimal. haste, mastery and crit remain as core stats and MUST never have less priority than multistrike.

Your math is right, but you could have calculated the same value in a much simpler fashion: 1 + 0.12*0.3*2 = 1.072

What you are missing completely missing is that you only need 14 points of Multistrike to get +1% Multistrike when you need 20 points of Haste to get +1% Hate and 23 points of Critical Strike to get +1% Critical Strike.

Guest Terry

Hi Damien,

I believe this guide is perfect except one thing your missing. Screenshots of your Specializations, talents and glyphs. and screenshot of your UI.

Personally id like to see someones setup and then modify based on that. To me as a starting player it really helps me visualize a setup that works for someone and modify from that.

What do you think?

Hi Damien,

I believe this guide is perfect except one thing your missing. Screenshots of your Specializations, talents and glyphs. and screenshot of your UI.

Personally id like to see someones setup and then modify based on that. To me as a starting player it really helps me visualize a setup that works for someone and modify from that.

What do you think?

Well, I think this is something that could be done in the Warlock section. I never wanted to post things like UI in the guide, because this is so personal.

And thank you for the nice comments about the guide, but it still needs to be updated for WoD, which I'll do tomorrow wink.png

Guest Verdic

Hi there,

Loving your guide so far, but I came across a small mistake: In section 5.3.1. (Grimoire of Supremacy), you state that for the Wrathguard Threatening Presence is replaced by Axe Toss, but my Wrathguard has both abilities.

Thanks for the guide, I'll be reading the rest as well.

- Verdic the Hallowed - Frostmane (EU)

Guest Verdic

Found another out-of-date thingy: 5.3.2. (Demonic Servitude) mentions Grimoire of Sacrifice, which is no longer available to demonology warlocks.

Hi there,

Loving your guide so far, but I came across a small mistake: In section 5.3.1. (Grimoire of Supremacy), you state that for the Wrathguard Threatening Presence is replaced by Axe Toss, but my Wrathguard has both abilities.

Thanks for the guide, I'll be reading the rest as well.

- Verdic the Hallowed - Frostmane (EU)

Found another out-of-date thingy: 5.3.2. (Demonic Servitude) mentions Grimoire of Sacrifice, which is no longer available to demonology warlocks.

Thank you! I will be fixing these shortly.

Well this guide is juste awesome

thanks for all thoose tips wink.png

Glad to be of help!

Are you going to be doing any video guides? Personally im a more visual person.

No, we are not. Video stuff is not really our thing smile.png

Guest Zan

A little question for my only Demon Lock smile.png

Stas priority on guide say:

Int - Mast - Crit - haste = Multy - Ver

Using Mr Robot stat is set to:

Int - Haste - Crit - Multy - Mast - ver

Till now i'm pushing Haste and Crit, it seems wrong vs this guide

What priority is the way to go?

Guest Zan_DL

A little question foor my oonly Demon Lock smile.png

Stat priority on this guide say:

Int - Mast - Crit - Haste = Multy - Ver

Using MrRobot priority is set to:

Int - Haste - Crit - Multy - Mast - Ver

Till now i'm pushing Haste and Crit but seems wrong vs this guide

What priority stat should i follow?

Thx

A little question foor my oonly Demon Lock smile.png

Stat priority on this guide say:

Int - Mast - Crit - Haste = Multy - Ver

Using MrRobot priority is set to:

Int - Haste - Crit - Multy - Mast - Ver

Till now i'm pushing Haste and Crit but seems wrong vs this guide

What priority stat should i follow?

Thx

Mastery is by far and away the best stat for demonology, no matter what 100 talent you take. It leads about 8% over the other stats in terms of value.

After mastery, the secondary stats are all of similar value single target, aside from versatility which lags behind the others.

Haste is technically better than crit single target. The reason the guide recommends a mastery/crit build is for multiple-target encounters. The value of crit goes up drastically when a second target gets added because you double the # of dooms ticking. Doom crits spawn wild imps, which generate a very large part of our demonic fury.

TL;DR All of the stats are very close single target, so it won't impact your dps much, but a mastery/crit build pulls ahead for 2+ targets.

Guest Icy_wl

One thing:

Corruption is extended when you cast wow_icon_inv_jewelcrafting_shadowspirit_Touch of Chaos while in wow_icon_spell_shadow_demonform.jpgMetamorphosis, so you will generally not have to refresh it manually. That said, if Corruption is about to drop and you have no reason to enter Metamorphosis, then you can refresh it manually. You do not lose ticks if you refresh it when it has 5.4 seconds remaining or less.

Is this still true when Demonbolt is specc'd?

According to the guide, refreshing Corruption manually would just occur from time to time but my tests yesterday yielded different results. I had to refresh it manually all the time. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest Pann

I noticed that you say to always use Dark Soul when using Imp Swarm but I dont see that reflected in your "opening rotation" ... which one takes precedence?  Should I reserve IS until DS is sprung or should you incorporate DS into that opening rotation? Sorry if Im reading it wrong, but it did seem inconsistent.  Thanks for the great guide!

Guest kimozy

After the 13th Jan. hotfix, I believe that for two targets (Twin Ogron) Demolocks should pick Demobolt instead of Cataclysm.

Guest Mike

Does anyone have a link to a video guide of the current demo rotation? Would be really nice just to see how a good demolock gets max dps on a target dummy or something smile.png

Guest Imapallywoot

As far as I can tell, Hand of Gul'dan doesn't stack past 2, even with T16 2-set procs. It will still refresh the duration, but the intensity doesn't stack past 2.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      An overview of hotfixes for Ripple in Space, Memory of Lucid Dreams, and Vision of Perfection Essences that will go live on 8.2 PTR soon.
      Blizzard today revealed some tuning coming down the line on 8.2 PTR for the following Essences:
      Ripple in Space (Major power, all ranks) cooldown reduced to 60 secs (down from 1.5 min). Memory of Lucid Dreams (Major rank 1 power) cooldown reduced to 2 min (down from 3 min) and rank 1 duration increased to 12 sec (up from 10 sec). Memory of Lucid Dreams (Major rank 2 power) adds 3 more secs (up from 2 secs). Lucid Dreams (Minor rank 3 power) Versatility decreased by 35%. Patch 8.2 is going live next week on June 25th.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Some Essence tuning changes that are in the process of being hotfixed:
      Ripple in Space
      Major effect cooldown lowered from 90 to 60 seconds at all ranks. Memory of Lucid Dreams
      Major effect cooldown lowered from 180 to 120 seconds at all ranks. Major effect at rank 1 duration increased to 12 seconds, up from 10 seconds. Major effect at rank 2 is now +3 additional seconds, up from +2 additional seconds. This means the whole buff effect will now last 15 seconds at rank 2 or higher, up from 12 seconds. Minor effect rank 3 Versatility buff reduced by 35% These changes should be on the PTR soon.
      Another hotfix that is on the way regarding Vision of Perfection,
      Talents or Azerite traits that were increasing the base duration of the specific cooldown that is being activated by Vision of Perfection are no longer incorrectly being counted when determining the duration of the buff granted by Vision of Perfection.
      For example, a Holy Paladin with Sanctified Wrath talented will receive the same duration of Avenging Wrath from Vision of Perfection as another Holy Paladin with a different talent chosen on that row.
    • By Stan
      The Eternal Palace opens on July 9th on live servers and Blizzard is conducting a raid test of Queen Azshara on Friday. The raid will remain open over the weekend on Normal mode with all bosses minus the last one being available for testing.
      Blizzard (Source)
      On Friday June 21st, we will be conducting a raid test of Heroic Queen Azshara in The Eternal Palace. After Heroic testing has ended, the Eternal Palace will be available on Normal difficulty over the weekend.
      June, 21st
      Queen Azshara - Heroic Eternal Palace
      13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
      Normal Eternal Palace
      15:00 PDT (18:00 EDT, 24:00 CEST)
      All bosses will be available on Normal mode with the exception of Queen Azshara.
      As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.
      Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
      A: In Zuldazar, Boralus, Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade III in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)
      Q: What character should I use to test the raid?
      A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players’ effective level to 120 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested.
      Q: How long does testing last?
      A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we’re satisfied that we’ve received that information for a given boss, we’ll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.
    • By Stan
      Mechagon Isle is a small zone located off the coast of Kul Tiras intended for roaming and exploration. Players work with Prince Erazmin and the Rustbolt Resistance to stop the reign of King Mechagon who wants to cure Azeroth of the Curse of Flesh, stripping away organic life and replacing it with purer, more efficient mechanical forms. Here is the official preview of the zone.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Legends speak of a place off the craggy coast of Kul Tiras whose denizens have replaced blood and bones with bolts and brass: Mechagon Island, home of a society of mechanically augmented gnomes and their iron-fisted ruler King Mechagon.
      Legends say that long, long ago, King Mechagon, set out on a journey to find a mythical land full of wondrous technological marvels . . . and was never heard from again. Centuries later, an astounding discovery sparks an expedition to find out what happened to the king and his subjects on the remote Mechagon Island.
      Your adventure to Mechagon begins after establishing your hub in Nazjatar and powering up your Heart of Azeroth. Soon after, you will receive a summons from one of the most renowned tinkerers of Azeroth—Gazlowe for the Horde, and Tinkmaster Overspark for the Alliance—directing you to a newly opened vault in Tiragarde Sound. Inside, you will find technology that has never been seen on Azeroth, and the location of the fabled island.
      Upon arriving in Mechagon, you’ll meet the scrappy and resourceful mechagnomes, whose fleshy forms have been improved with cybernetic enhancements. But as you’ll soon find out, this is not the technological paradise you may have been expecting. The mechagnomes on the island’s surface are fighting against a foe with twisted designs for Azeroth: the legendary King Mechagon himself, who rules the subterranean metropolis of Mechagon City with an iron fist. Within the wondrous city’s walls and workshops, the mad king has spent the past centuries consumed with an obsession to “cure” Azeroth of the Curse of Flesh—stripping away organic life and replacing it with purer, more efficient mechanical forms.
      WELCOME TO THE RUSTBOLT RESISTANCE
      At the forefront of the battle against the twisted tyrant is his son, Prince Erazmin, leader of the Rustbolt Resistance. As you learn more about what’s happening on the island, you’ll be recruited to join the fight to overthrow his tyrannical father and put an end to his mad designs. But you’ll need more than resolve to stand against King Mechagon’s might; if you have any hope of succeeding, you’ll need to bolster the resistance forces by taking part in the myriad events and activities you’ll discover around the island, including collecting scrap to build tools and weapons, assisting the island’s daily visitors with their personal quests, constructing a trinket to give you an edge in combat, and more.
      JUNKYARD TINKERING
      One of the many mechanical marvels you’ll encounter on the island is Pascal-K1N6, a giant iron robot who will help players craft an arsenal full of equipment, mounts, toys, consumables, and more in exchange for Spare Parts and Energy Cells found across Mechagon.
      As you explore the island, you’ll discover blueprints that Pascal-K1N6 can use to craft these items. One particularly curious blueprint for can be found at the scrap heap known as Bondo’s Yard—pick up the plans for a Mechanocat Laser Pointer, and you’ll soon be able to call in a X-995 Mechanocat to ride around the island. As you continue sifting through the island’s scrap, be sure to keep an eye out for paint you can use to customize your new robo-kitty’s color.
      CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
      As you explore Mechagon, you’ll be able to contribute resources to Construction Projects that create a variety of powerful constructs. These projects provide a variety of bonsues to give you and your fellow adventurers an edge on the island, including experimental equipment weapons and equipement to wield while on the island, flame turrets that help clear an area of foes, a drill rig that can uncover a cave full of treasures (and maybe uncover something best left uncovered), and more.
      POCKET-SIZED COMPUTATION DEVICE
      One of the most fascinating pieces of technology waiting to be discovered in Mechagon is the Pocket-Sized Computation Device, a trinket that players can customize to suit their adventuring needs. The device houses three Punchcard Sockets, into which players can insert one Red, Yellow, and Blue Punch Card. Punch Cards provide a variety of different bonuses, and can be collected by questing, exploring the Mechagon zone, and advancing through the new Mythic-only dungeon Operation: Mechagon. Players will receive their Pocket-Sized Computation Device after completing the Upgraded quest, available shortly after landing in Mechagon.
      NEW DUNGEON: OPERATION MECHAGON
      Once you’re feeling properly upgraded, it’s time to begin your bid to shut down King Mechagon once and for all and free the mechagnomes from his tyranny. Get ready for Operation Mechagon!
      Operation Mechagon  Prince Erazmin leads a group of unlikely allies on a desperate mission into the heart of Mechagon. In a race against time, they must overcome King Mechagon’s army of mechanized monstrosities and defeat the mad genius before his doomsday device purges all organic life from Azeroth.
      Dungeon Bosses: 8
      Difficulties: Mythic
      Level: 120 for Alliance and Horde
      King Gobbamak: Obsessed with hoarding dangerous technology found amongst the scrap, King Gobbamak sits upon a pile of doomsday weapons that he lacks the intelligence to operate or understand.
      Gunker: After years of coalescing into a concentrated cesspool. Mechagon's toxic waste has gained malevolent sentience. With the sanitation systems disabled, Gunker is free to ooze across all of Azeroth.
      Trixie & Naeno: Trixie and Naeno, two of Bondo’s top lieutenants, have a turbulent relationship. While Trixie prides herself on ruthless efficiency, Naeno is the embodiment of chaos while behind the wheel. The only thing they have in common is their penchant for senseless violence, which they enjoy dispensing on anyone foolish enough to wander into their territory.
      HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit: Predator of the skies, the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit soars over the yard executing its prime directive, disintegrating all trespassers. With impenetrable armor and a lethal host of weapons, it annihilates all who are caught in its shadow.
      Tussle Tonks: Mechagon’s premier mechgineers test their mettle (and metal) by building customized combat robots. While these tonks typically battle each other for glory, they combine their efforts to repel foolhardy organic intruders who dare venture into Mechagon.
      K.U.-J.O.: As the repository for the city’s refuse, the Under Junk is a prime target for gnomes from Bondo’s gang who intend to steal valuable mechanical components. While Trash Mistress Wendy Cogsworth ceaselessly sorts the city’s junk, her loyal guard dog, K.U.-J.0., keeps out unwelcome intruders—mechagnomes and adventurers alike.
      Machinist's Garden: Beautiful and dangerous, Head Machinist Sparkflux's metallic gardens are designed for both recreation and retribution. With a flick of a switch, the idyllic scenery transforms into a death trap from which no interloper can escape.
      King Mechagon: As maniacal as he is brilliant, King Mechagon despises all organic life. With his mechoriginator primed and ready, nothing stands in the way of his scheme to purge the curse of flesh from Azeroth and mechanize the entire world.
      Get ready to face the danger within beginning July 9.
      There’s plenty to discover as you make your way through Mechagon Island. Get ready to rally the resistance, turn one gnome’s junk into another gnome’s treasure, and put an end to the mad king’s mechanations once and for all when Rise of Azshara arrives on June 25!
    • By Stan
      Mechagon Peacekeeper is a new ground mount from the Operation: Mechagon dungeon that will open July 9th.
      With Patch 8.2 coming next week, we still have some mounts to go through! Today, we’re looking at Mechagon Peacekeeper, a ground mount which drops from HK-8 Aerial Opression Unit boss in the Operation: Mechagon dungeon.
      "Keeps the peace by turning you into pieces."

Animations (MountSpecial/Run)

• By Stan
      Inscription patters in Rise of Azshara include new Contracts, ilvl 370 & 400 BoE gear, and Water Elemental glyphs.
      New Crafting Materials
      Zin'anthid is a new herb native to Nazjatar used to create Maroon Pigment and Maroon Ink in Patch 8.2.
      New Inscription Recipes
      Contracts
      Contracts will be available for all three factions and earning Revered is required to unlock flying in Patch 8.2.
      Ankoan
      Contract: Ankoan (Rank 1) Contract: Ankoan (Rank 2) Contract: Ankoan (Rank 3) Rustbolt Resistance
      Contract: Rustbolt Resistance (Rank 1) Contract: Rustbolt Resistance (Rank 2) Contract: Rustbolt Resistance (Rank 3) Unshackled
      Contract: Unshackled (Rank 1) Contract: Unshackled (Rank 2) Contract: Unshackled (Rank 3) BoE Gear
      Off-Hand (Item Level 370)
      Patters purchasable for Marks of Honor in Nazjatar faction hubs.
      Notorious Combatant's Etched Vessel (Rank 1) Notorious Combatant's Etched Vessel (Rank 2) Notorious Combatant's Etched Vessel (Rank 3) Trinkets (Item Level 400)
      Highborne Compendium of Mystical Bulwark Highborne Compendium of Storms Highborne Compendium of Sundering Highborne Compendium of Swirling Tides Glyphs
      New Water Elemental skins are available in Patch 8.2.
      Glyph of the Cold Waves Glyph of the Dark Depths Glyph of Steaming Fury Vantus Runes
      Vantus Rune: The Eternal Palace (Rank 1) Vantus Rune: The Eternal Palace (Rank 2) Vantus Rune: The Eternal Palace (Rank 3) Other 8.2 Profession Previews
      Alchemy Blacksmithing Enchanting Engineering Gathering Professions (Fishing/Herbalism/Mining/Skinning)