Aaxion

Enhancement Shaman Stat Priorities 6.0?

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

So. Everyone is saying different things right now... Icy Veins says Haste to 50% and then focus on Mastery.  Ask Mr. Robot says focus on Mastery over Haste.  Noxxic says focus on Mastery AND Crit over Haste.... Can we get some agreement up in here? lol

Edited by Aaxion

In short: unlikely.

Icy Veins and Noxxic tend to disagree a lot, and the reason seems largely to be that Noxxic take their stat priorities from SImCraft simulations. For people in the know, SimCraft results are best taken with a whole mountain of salt, especially before a new expansion. What differentiates IV from Noxxic is in my opinion that Icy Veins applies a lot of interpretation to sim and theory results, whereas Noxxic doesn't seem to. We could talk about this all day, but I'll leave it there for now.

As for AMR, I have no idea how they get their stat weights. Just looking briefly at the Icy Veins guide, I have two comments to make on the difference between AMR and IV. Firstly, note that Enhancement gets 5% extra Haste from all sources - this implies that Haste is going to be one of the best stats for Enhancement. The 50% value given by IV is probably because this rating gets you to a 1sec GCD, which in a gameplay style like Enhancement would help greatly.

So that's just my intuition as a Resto player. Maybe someone else here knows better, in which case I'll bow to their wisdom.

I kind of figured as much I suppose.  Just weird to see so many different views on Stat Priorities lol.  Haste to 50% does make sense seeing as it reduces the Global Cooldown to the minimum.  But where the other two got Mastery and Crit being ahead of Haste makes no sense, especially since they give no real proof behind their stat weight decisions... :(

Well, that's one of the reasons that we have a "Getting a Better Understanding" section in our guides. It goes at least some way to explaining why we choose what we say is best.

so im having issues guys im 581/582 and i have quite a few pieces to play with, but there seems to be a sweetspot between your crit and mastery and i dont get it, i can put on my best in slot stat haste mastery for a crit haste and my dps will stay the same even though its a warforged and non warforged. i really dont understand whats going on with the weights of it all. ive balanced my crit and mastery but i lose around 260 dps from just like 30 mastery over crit, but if i drop all my crit for mastery i lose even more damage. on sim im floating from 15,050 to like 14780. this is worse than reforging, what have they done to us.

added: im trying my best to be at exactly 50% haste, with the gear switches im only switching from 50.04% to 49.99% should i take the stat prio with a grain of salt? from me being full mastery beforehand with only 30% haste coming out of the patch with gemming i was doing so terrible on the meters, didnt have a chance to check my sim for when it was that low but it was bad. 

Edited by Kibaru

I wouldn't worry about getting exactly 50% Haste, since you're not looking at a breakpoint since those don't exist any more. Anything over 50% is likely to be a waste for the reasons discussed above.

What are the settings for your sim?

I have a question about haste, my character stats (C button) show me 49,77% bus elvui panel and armory - 57,26%, which one is correct?

I would expect the character panel to show your true Haste. I don't know about ElvUI, but is it perhaps showing your buffed haste?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      7/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By Xzylion
      Hi
      So, lately I have been looking around the web for someone to explain how I can insert an icon/bar that displays the "buff" Feral Spirit. I am mainly using the Tell Me When addon, but I had to go  through Weak Auras this time to get it right. I also want to mention that I would not have been able to get it right had I not imported the Weak Auras string from Wordup (author of the enhancement shaman guide). The reason for this being so complicated is because contrary to what you might think, Feral Spirit does not work as a buff. Therefore you will have to manually work around this problem to get it to work. I have added some pictures that will hopefully make the process easier.
      PS. I am in no way an expert on either Tell Me When or Weak Auras, so be gentle...
      1) Tell Me When:

This is the general layout. If you dont want an icon, but a bar. You can go into the "group" tab (bottom right of tell me when) and select bar (on the very top)

This is how the layout inside Tell Me When should look after completion. Feral Spirit is no longer a "buff", so you will have to make a Combat Event where you manually enter the amount of seconds the combat event (Feral Spirit) should be active, in this case 15 seconds

This is important: Events to check --> Casts --> Spell Cast Success
      After all that you should be ready to go!

2) Weak Auras:

Feral Spirit is no longer a "buff", so you will have to make a Combat Log where you manually enter the amount of seconds the combat event (Feral Spirit) should be active, in this case 15 seconds

Just scrolling down

All the way at the bottom you have to enter the Spell Name and the amount of seconds that the Combat Event (Feral Spirit) should be active.
      Now you should be all ready to go!

• By Exploit
      Hi everyone,
      I, like many others, are trying to maximize DPS for their respective classes, mine in particular being ret paladin.
      In general, it seems like there are several sources of information for dps for each class.
      Icy Veins Mr Robot Raidbots (Simulation Craft) Warcraft Logs Each with its own set of criteria as to what determines high dps. And I find inconsistency when bouncing between the different sources. I want to understand what am I missing when it comes to each. I will lay out what I currently understand, and would like some feedback as to what I may not be considering in each as well as some advice as to what other options I could be exploring (resources) to further the insight into whats applicable for my current state.
      Icy Veins
      For Icy Veins, in particular, the stat weights, are mostly vaguely determined. From the ret guide:

If I am reading this right, its Mastery >= Haste > Ver >= Crit = Str
      Mr Robot
      I use the addOn and I subscribe for the Best In Bags function. When I plug in my information in, the site recommends that I go with my 2pce t20 and balance around my legendaries with a focus on haste pieces (haste gems are emphasized).
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/a42136294c7f40b2b7ee78023306d786
      Stat weights as listed in MrRobot:
      MrRobot Stat Weights
      From what I am seeing, Crit is most emphasized, and the one crit gem + ring crit enchants were originally recommended by MrRobot here. Also another notable thing here is haste being way behind crit's potential.
      RaidBots (Simc)
      For RaidBots, I use the addOn, and play around with various items I hoard, and use the stat weights functions. Generally the feedback I get here are to stick with the current gem setup and with regards to stat weights, emphasize at my current setup with crit. It also says I should drop some of my high ilvl pieces (935 head, and 960 chest) for 4pce (915 head, lfr 890 chest)
      Gear simc:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/d3Qbkf6nqpoP4bxQ9YB2m
      Stat Weights:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/6NkVYwEaTW26FxD4wBwey4
      Vers -> crit -> mastery -> haste -> str
      (versitality first?)
      Warcraft Logs
      I mostly use Warcraft Logs to check what the top dps players (ret pallys) are hitting and what setups are they running. I don't want to specifically link player armories in here, but upon some investigation, you'll find most are just stacking haste
      ---
      I understand stat weights are relative, however it seems like everyone has different priorities, one says mastery, another vers, another crit, another haste?
      Help me understand.
      Thanks,
      Exploit