FORUMS
moosecat

Diablo 4 Tooltips Not Working

Hi!

When putting my cursor over spell names and such on the Diablo 4 pages, I'm unable to see the tooltips on my Desktop PC (Windows 10). I've tried on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave with no luck. I realize WoW is a different script for tooltips, but thought I'd mention those ones DO work.

On my laptop they work fine. I'm logged in to the same accounts (Windows/Browser) on both which should be syncing settings and extensions. Security settings and everything look the same when I check manually as well.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, moosecat said:

Hi!

When putting my cursor over spell names and such on the Diablo 4 pages, I'm unable to see the tooltips on my Desktop PC (Windows 10). I've tried on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave with no luck. I realize WoW is a different script for tooltips, but thought I'd mention those ones DO work.

On my laptop they work fine. I'm logged in to the same accounts (Windows/Browser) on both which should be syncing settings and extensions. Security settings and everything look the same when I check manually as well.

Thanks!

Hi there! Is this still an issue for you? If so, is it affecting all types, or just Skills or Aspects, Items, etc.?

We checked on Windows 10 with Chrome, Firefox and Edge after clearing cache, and incognito as well, and could not reproduce it.

Many thanks for getting in touch and reporting it.

1 hour ago, Natalia said:

Hi there! Is this still an issue for you? If so, is it affecting all types, or just Skills or Aspects, Items, etc.?

We checked on Windows 10 with Chrome, Firefox and Edge after clearing cache, and incognito as well, and could not reproduce it.

Many thanks for getting in touch and reporting it.

Yes, it's still an issue and has been since I've started using Icy Veins for Diablo 4. I didn't even know there were tooltips until my husband told me! I even downloaded extra browsers to try it out but no luck on this PC. I have also tried turning off all browser extensions, and making sure javascript is enabled. I don't see any errors in the browser console that don't also appear on my laptop.

When I have the window smaller, I do see tooltips on the side menu navigation items. I also see them, for example, in the skill tree widget (eg: Shifter Pulverize Endgame Druid Build for Diablo 4 (Season 1) - Icy Veins (icy-veins.com)). But I do not see them when skills, items, aspects, etc, are listed in the text/tables, nor in the "skill bar setup" section directly above that skill tree.

Also, probably unrelated, but I just noticed the skill tree widget is layered above the top navigation.

image.thumb.png.43f459be64d557be33a07cbe7374b4f3.png

Turns out, if I turn off my second monitor, then close/reopen my browser, the tooltips work fine. If I turn on my monitor again it still works fine (on both screens). But then if I close/reopen the browser again while that monitor is turned on, it breaks.

Really seems strange but at least I have somewhat of a workaround for now?

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 4:31 PM, moosecat said:

Turns out, if I turn off my second monitor, then close/reopen my browser, the tooltips work fine. If I turn on my monitor again it still works fine (on both screens). But then if I close/reopen the browser again while that monitor is turned on, it breaks.

Really seems strange but at least I have somewhat of a workaround for now?

I'm having the same issue! I think perhaps it is related to having multiple monitors and maybe how the location of the tooltips are calculated. But generally, I can't see tooltips except for example the skill tree as moosecat notes in his July 31 post above.

• Like 1