FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisDaly

Balance Druid Dps Issue

I've been reading this Icy Veins Post about the Druid rotation - https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/balance-druid-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities It Says that after I cast Starfire for my opener that I should Celestial Alignment but that leaves my just a tad short of hitting my Lunar Eclipse, so my first question is;

Should I hold off for a second on my Celestian Alignment so I can hit my Lunar Eclipse or would that dmg be so small that I shouldn't worry about it? 

For my rotation I should be casting Starsurge then casting Wraith/Starfire x2 to benifit from the buff I get?

For a fight like Galakras and Spoils should I use Starfall then Starsurge then casting Wraith/Starfire x2, When should I be casting starfall?

For my DoT's I should cast Moonfire on the Lunar Peak and Sunfire on the Solar Peak and just before I lose Solar Eclipse I should recast it?

Should I cast Sunfire when first move into Solar then at the Solar Peak and once more before Solar drops or is the two enough?

Is Incarnation and Heart of the Wild Worth it any more? or should I be going for other Talents as of this Patch?

Also I use askmrrobot.com for my Gems and Enchants and such and according to that I am 100% optimised but all the highly skilled druids are not, now I understand that they Gem and enchant their gear the way they like it but should I not be using that site? Is it a waste of time? I am still someone what new after coming back from a break so me gemming and enchanting my own gear without the use of that website wouldn't work out well for me so if you have any suggestion on that I would be forever grateful:)

And my final this is that I am having a bit of trouble with the druid rotation so my final question is would anyone know what my dps should be when I'm hitting training dummies. I know I should be doing this in a raid but im just curious about what my dps should be when hitting the dummies and I would appreciate if anyone could give me a number if at all possible.

Sorry I have all these questions I'm just trying to figure out my class again after all the changes smile.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thawn
      Intergalactic is an AOTC/Mythic progression guild now recruiting for Shadowlands raiding and M+.  We are a group of friends who were interested in the fun of raiding while understanding that life responsibilities take precedent. We are a combination of new and returning players from various expansions. While social players are always welcomed, we are more specifically looking for players who are interested in a fun, relaxed environment to progress through content. We do run M+ keys, transmog/gear and achievement runs when possible.
      Intergalactic did not run as a guild during Bfa. We had members getting bored with Bfa content and decided to spend their time on other things. We did do some content with some of the guilds in our community group. Our last guild raids were in Legion. The majority of our core has come back in anticipation for Shadowlands. We are excited to be back as an active guild on Korgath and it's connected realms. We look forward to having you join us!  (Korgath is connected with  Cairne, Cenarius, Frostmane, Ner’zhul, Perenolde, and Tortheldrin.
      What we expect from all of our Members:
      In short, “Be excellent to each other.” We’re not looking for members filled with drama and toxicity. We’re all friends here and while we may not all agree on a particular subject, it can be discussed in a friendly, constructive, and respectful manner. A good sense of humor is a must. We aren’t looking for Members who only log in on raid days. Other events will be on the calendar, as well, and we hope that you’ll sign up and attend.
      What we expect from our Raiders:
      Raiders are to sign up on the calendar for events. If you are going to be late or if you will be unable to attend at the last-minute, please notify the GM, Raid Lead or an Officer as soon as possible.
      Raiders are expected to log in approximately 15 minutes prior to raid start and be outside the raid with consumables and enhancements. We will provide feasts, cauldrons, and repairs. We can provide extra food, enchants, gems when available, all we ask for is either a monetary donation or help with crafting materials.
      Raiders are expected to be prepared with knowledge of raid mechanics, as well as class-specific knowledge. Know your strengths and weaknesses and be willing to openly receive and give helpful constructive criticism when needed.
      Raiders are expected to be progression-oriented, with the understanding that some mechanics/fights may take multiple attempts. We can’t progress through raids without everyone working as a team to try and work through the mechanics.
      Raiders who are capable of playing multiple classes/specs may be asked to switch to a more appropriate character to work through particular mechanics. We maintain a smaller roster and sometimes rotate people in based on fight specifications.
      Raid Days/Times: Wednesday/Friday at 8pm Server/9pm EST, possible carryover on Saturdays
      Roles Needed: Ranged DPS and/or multi-spec players
      We require:
      Discord
      Deadly Boss Mods
      Details! Damage Meter (preferred)
      If you think that we would be a good fit, please send a DM to Northeos, Nanami or Thawn. Or simply add us on Battle Tag.
      Thawn Btag MistFist#1340
      Northeos Btag Northe#1566
      Nanami Btag Tyannah#1566
    • By darkganj
      Hello everyone! When i downloaded the recent shadowlands expansion, i noticed that my macros no longer worked =0. This is not a single target DPS  macro, this is a Help / Harm selective macro So i did some digging to find out what was goin on, An example of this would be : /cast [help] Innervate ; [harm] Entangling Roots ; Innervate.  This macro utilizes one button for a dual purpose. if i am targeted on friend i innervate them while if i and targeting a opponent it would root them in place. This structure is now broken but has also made things easier in most cases, After doing some digging i discovered some new macros and the new format. Some examples of the new way to write this would be :
       #showtooltip
      /cast [help,nodead][help,nodead]innervate
      /cast [harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Entangling Roots
      #showtooltip
      /cast [help,nodead][help,nodead]Regrowth
      /cast [harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Wrath
      #showtooltip
      /cast [harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead]Moonfire
      /cast [help,nodead][@target,help,nodead]Rejuvenation
      #showtooltip
      /cast [help,nodead][help,nodead]Wild Growth
      /cast [harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Entangling Roots
      This is what they call a fall through macro, If the first line of code is not available because of a cooldown or if the Help or Harm selection, it will fall through to the next line of code. This works especially well for balance druids, shaman, and hybrid healing classes that use a ton of buttons. You can cut the amount of keys you need press in half which saves space and prevents accidentally pressings the wrong button. I like to pair my spells by the time it takes to cast, Instant casts with instant casts. They also introduces a mouse over macro for heals and rebuffs which is really good for world PVP. One of the better macros iv'e seen is a mouse over Rebirth : 
       #showtooltip Rebirth
      /cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;Rebirth
      #showtooltip Remove Corruption
      /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][target=target] Remove Corruption

If you are going to try and make your own macro, you should keep in mind
      1: The Global Cool Down or GCD which is the time it takes between 2 casts and
      2: Not all of your spells and trinkets share a GCD, so you are able to cast 2 or 3 spells at the exact same time as long as it doesn't share a GCD.
      I hope this helps! 

• By Shenocide
      Impressive...
    • By Kilexo
      Hey Everyone, 
      So i play a Demon Hunter Lvl 120 with iLVL 464.
      My DPS in dungeons is just so low compared to everyone else and i dont know why. I was in a M8+ earlier and the ilvl 450 Tank was doing more DPS than I was. 
      Any tips? Check out my gear/character, i think its all setup right. I went through the Icy Veins Demon Hunter guide and stat priority etc... Got a rotation, but something isnt right. Im always last on DPS even with 440 ilvl players in the group.

Thanks for reading!
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/silvermoon/fliixy