Damien

Extra Life - All-day Gaming Charity!

Sign in to follow this  

13 posts in this topic

7437-extra-life-all-day-gaming-charity.j

Our team is on a mission to save kids through video games, and we need your help.

This Saturday, October 26th, Zagam, our lead moderator, and his team (made up of Icy Veins members) will be part of a huge international celebration of the social impact of gamers with Extra Life. It is our sincere hope that you will find it in your heart to support us with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to our team's chosen hospital: West Virginia University's Children's Hospital.

Message from Zagam

Dear Gamers, Friends, and Family,

I'm on a mission to save kids, and I need your help. My local Children's Miracle Network Hospital treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few. This year, again, I am focusing my proceeds to West Virginia University's Children's Hospital.

On October 25, 2014, I'll be participating in this huge worldwide celebration of the social impact of gamers of all kinds from video games to board games and tabletop RPG's! I personally will be participating in 24 straight hours of playing video games while streaming everything I do to raise awareness to this amazingly wonderful cause. I will start at midnight, October 25 and run until 12:00am on October 26!!! The day's events will include a stream of me playing Diablo 3 as a Witch Doctor as well as my entire guild's full 14/14 Heroic clear of World of Warcraft's Siege of Orgrimmar! It's my sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support my efforts with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to my hospital.

Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids. To donate, simple click on one of the team members at http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.teamParticipants&teamID=16702 and then choose "Support me".

Schedule

12:00am to 8:00am - Old Raids such as Naxxramas, Icecrown Citadel, and Ulduar! All who want to join in are welcome to tag along! Hope to clear every single old raid and help others with chances at mounts such as Ashes of Al'ar, Invincible, and Mimiron's Head!

8:00am to 11:30am - Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar, hosted by Zagam. This will be a fun run with no stress in order to access a lockout for Heroic Garrosh that will be used from 12:00pm until 4:00pm.

11:30am to 12:00pm - Lunch. Man's gotta eat!

12:00pm - Special shoutout to all those affected by cancer, especially from those who have donated or are closely related to me and my guild.

12:00pm to 4:00pm - Heroic Garrosh title and BoA weapon giveaways! For 4 hours, my guild will be "selling" BoA weapons from Heroic Garrosh that you can use to fuel your leveling experience going into Warlords of Draenor! Any Horde player can gain this BoA weapon and the title "Liberator of Orgrimmar" for a minimum donation of $10! Remember, the money you donate goes to a great cause while my guild is more than happy to assist you in your future monster-slaying! We will be doing Garrosh kills at 12:30, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30, 3:00, 3:30, and 4:00 taking all who have donated at least $10!

4:00pm to 8:00pm - Lots of fun WoW stuff including the Celestial Tournament pet battle, running Dragon Soul again on my Rogue, and generally doing any old run that people want to see or do. Donations from 4:00pm to 8:00pm in the amount of $25 or more will also get to rename ANY OF MY PERSONAL BATTLE PETS TO A NAME OF THEIR CHOOSING! The three highest donations from 4:00pm to 8:00pm will have their re-named battle pets saved into the 3 spots shown on my WoW armory for all to see!

8:00pm to 12:00am - The final 4 hour stretch will be another round of donation-induced selling of Heroic Garrosh. However, included in this stretch will be the entire Siege of Orgrimmar raid! At 8:00, I will look at all the donations received up to that point from the previous 20 hours. The highest 10 will be offered spots with 20 of my guildmates as we plow through Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar! Spots will be offered to the top 10 right at 8:00. If any do not accept, we will work our way down the list until our roster is full!
  • Like 7

Congratulation to Zagam for the effort and for the marvellous idea. Keep up the good work and donating, it's for a noble cause! Cheers from Italy! 

• Like 5

My goal for tonight is to raise enough donations to make Zagam permanently rename Mr. Wiggles to ZagHam

w8Fl9jG.png

• Like 2

Shameless bump - obviously early for alot in the US but if you are overseas in the EU etc - make sure you tune in :D

Although this is not reflected in the schedule, the BOA runs are so popular, that they will be continuing this evening (unless something changes, of course).

The current plan is to resume these Heroic Garrosh kills at 6PM EST.

• Like 2

We raised in total $2,710.  All in all, Extra Life has made over $5.5M, and we were glad to be a part of it all.