FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Clisis

Handy Macro for Protection Warrior's~

Hello,

I am a warrior from Mal'Ganis server and I thought I provide some tip's or a tip for all protection warrior's looking for little more "play style" if you will.

The first tip that I have (this also goes for DPS) is the /startattack for all if not most of your ability's. This is because if you dont have the macro you will not start attacking untill the ability such as Revenge or Shield Slam is cast. Even then if you move away from the boss or untarget him or her (depending on the bosses sex Posted Image ) it will stop the attacking. So this will help and even little DPS boost because it will get you to start attacking Posted Image

Remember it's /startattack Posted Image

Second tip that I have is for all the prot warriors that are out there. This macro I came across while tanking a heroic few night's ago and thought "hey I wonder if I should try this". This "this" is me refering to me macroing both Shield Slam into Shield Barrier. My reasoning is this because everytime I cast SB (Shield Barrier) it is a 30k Absorb. This is at least a 2 or 3 second for mobs were it is no damage being delt to my health and I have found out time and time again that this allow's my healer to get me up along with my self heal's aka Impending Victory. I also put into that macro Berserker Rage for that extra little rage and breaking fear ect..

The Macro is

/Startattack

/Cast Berserker Rage

/Cast Shield Slam

/Cast Shield Barrier

If any suggestion on what macros I can add to this list. I am away from my account right now so I will be adding some more macro's to this and a little explaination for it Posted Image I hope you guys get some insite from this! Please reply!

~Clisis-Mal'Ganis

Edited by Clisis

Tip: Test the macros before you post them online. It's spelled Shield, not sheild.

Fixed, Thanks for the spelling correction I wouldn't have noticed that myself. I mostly do this during my causal time during school because when I am at home I am online and working on my character as much as possible (heroic's, daily's, world bosses ect..). If any other suggestion please let me know :)

~Clisis

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AburaGamer
      Hi everyone!
      We're a bunch of people from the old OpenRaid team (the cross-realm raiding community) and we really missed how great the old community was. We've set up a new website which is open for testing now. We'd really love to hear some feedback on this.
      It's up at: herolobby.com or fb.com/herolobbydotcom

• By Lsguild
      [Alliance] <Ludicrous Speed> Oceanic - PvP - Arugal
      Discord: RwDtRjV
      Raid Schedule: AET (GMT/UTC +10-11) 
      Wednesday + Thursday 21:00-24:00
      Sunday 20:00-24:00
      These times are reserved for later content patches (AQ, Naxx). Early raid content will require less time investment (1-2 days per week).
      Loot: DKP. Tank items will be Loot Council when necessary for progression.
      About us:
      [A]<Ludicrous Speed> is now recruiting! Established in anticipation of Classic WoW, we are a PvE raiding guild made up of long-time WoW players and veterans of the vanilla private server scene. Our focus is on getting things done, yet doing so without burning out and forgetting it's a game. We're an older crowd, mainly professional adults, and are understanding of real life commitments. If you're looking for a fun and relaxed group to clear content with, please read on!
      What we offer:
      A laid-back and fun raiding environment Knowledgeable and experienced leadership Unbiased and transparent loot distribution
      Ideal Candidates:
      Mature, 18yrs+ Have a mic and are able to communicate in English Understanding of basic class mechanics Prepared and on time to raid with proper talents (hybrids will be expected to heal) Positive Attitude - No negative/toxic players
      Apply @ Our Discord!
      https://discord.gg/RwDtRjV
    • By LazarusA59
      I'm new to using icy-veins, and I cannot seem to get used to navigating the WoW class guides. Why is stat info the 13th section of the guides, but max level content 6th through 12th? Where do I find comparisons between specs? 
    • By Darksickness
      About Us:
      Two Strike Policy is a weekday Mythic hardcore progression guild on US-Sargeras. In our spare time, we run various high mythic keystones/carries. Currently we are recruiting for our BFA Mythic Team for the Raid Tier Battle of Dazar'alor and Crucible of Storms.  We value camaraderie, communication, preparedness and excellence in each other. Discord is used to communicate during raids. We decided to reform our team after Mythic Mythrax in Uldir and add additional days to our raid schedule from two days to four days a week to achieve CE early on in the tier. 
      We will still be using the updated RCLootCouncil to help distribute loot if it is tradeable or a sidegrade. We expect raiders to be aware of their BIS and ideal gearing setup, and willing to trade where possible to best equip the raid team. The type of people we want would almost JUMP at giving gear to their fellow raid member/team if it is a sidegrade for themselves. Guild repairs, flasks and food are provided to all raiders, including trials.

Alt requirement: 2 Alts. Keeping the neck & gear up to date. Please inquire about this!
      Current Progression:
      4/9M                                                                                                                                                                                                                      9/9H 
      7/8M Uldir                                                                                                                                                                                                            11/11M Antorus 
      7/9M ToS
      7/10M NH - (Started tier late as a guild most are 9/10M & 10/10M)
      7/7M EN
      Raid Times:
      Wednesday - 7pm-10pm CST
      Thursday - 7pm-11pm CST
      Sunday - 7pm - 11pm CST
      Optional Tuesday Morning On Reset - 9am-11am CST (depends on server restart) - Heroic BoD on mains                                                                                                               
      Invitations start 30 minutes before raid time.

Recruitment:
      We are currently recruiting strong applicants of all classes and roles, with the ability to handle calls and criticism like an adult. 
      High Priority Recruitment:
      Melee DPS: Windwalker Monk, Fury Warrior and Rogue
      Ranged DPS: Warlock, Mage, Elemental Shaman, Shadow Priest and MM/BM Hunter
      Healer: Disc Priest and Resto Druid
      ALL exceptional applicants will be considered. Please apply at Twostrikepolicy.com for a trial spot on our raid team. 

Guild Master/Raid Leader: Zahedd/Darksickness/Eyefock/Bandaged - Ghostdragon#19918
      Recruitment Officer: Krimathyst - Krime#1312
    • By Purplespirk
      I am new to mmos and I was playing an Arcane Mage but my fiance said frost mages are better so I am trying to learn how to play it and I have watched videos and gone over the icy viens information but it is still very confusing for me. I know this sounds bad but can anyone like dumb it down or like comment simpler instructions right now i am going off this attachment i made based of some advice and off of icy viens and i am only doing 4152 dps total so I am not sure if this is low or not but I am already level 120 right now 
      https://gyazo.com/4130f71f1790c7b25a8dd3d23cb4f388