Clisis

Handy Macro for Protection Warrior's~

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a warrior from Mal'Ganis server and I thought I provide some tip's or a tip for all protection warrior's looking for little more "play style" if you will.

The first tip that I have (this also goes for DPS) is the /startattack for all if not most of your ability's. This is because if you dont have the macro you will not start attacking untill the ability such as Revenge or Shield Slam is cast. Even then if you move away from the boss or untarget him or her (depending on the bosses sex Posted Image ) it will stop the attacking. So this will help and even little DPS boost because it will get you to start attacking Posted Image

Remember it's /startattack Posted Image

Second tip that I have is for all the prot warriors that are out there. This macro I came across while tanking a heroic few night's ago and thought "hey I wonder if I should try this". This "this" is me refering to me macroing both Shield Slam into Shield Barrier. My reasoning is this because everytime I cast SB (Shield Barrier) it is a 30k Absorb. This is at least a 2 or 3 second for mobs were it is no damage being delt to my health and I have found out time and time again that this allow's my healer to get me up along with my self heal's aka Impending Victory. I also put into that macro Berserker Rage for that extra little rage and breaking fear ect..

The Macro is

/Startattack

/Cast Berserker Rage

/Cast Shield Slam

/Cast Shield Barrier

If any suggestion on what macros I can add to this list. I am away from my account right now so I will be adding some more macro's to this and a little explaination for it Posted Image I hope you guys get some insite from this! Please reply!

~Clisis-Mal'Ganis

Edited by Clisis

Tip: Test the macros before you post them online. It's spelled Shield, not sheild.

Fixed, Thanks for the spelling correction I wouldn't have noticed that myself. I mostly do this during my causal time during school because when I am at home I am online and working on my character as much as possible (heroic's, daily's, world bosses ect..). If any other suggestion please let me know :)

~Clisis

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darksickness
      About Us:
      Two Strike Policy is a weekday Mythic hardcore progression guild on US-Sargeras. In our spare time, we run various high Mythic keystones/carries and Heroic Uldir carries. Currently we are recruiting for our BFA Mythic Team. We value camaraderie, communication, preparedness and excellence in each other. Discord is used to communicate during raids.
      Although BFA brings changes to the loot system, we will still be using the updated RCLootCouncil to help distribute loot if it is tradeable or a sidegrade. We expect raiders to be aware of their BIS and ideal gearing setup, and willing to trade where possible to best equip the raid team. The type of people we want would almost JUMP at giving gear to their fellow raid member/team if it is a sidegrade for themselves. Guild repairs, flasks and food are provided to all raiders, including trials.
      Current Progression:
      5/8M Uldir                                                                                                                                                                                                  11/11M Antorus 
      7/9M ToS
      7/10M NH - (Started tier late as a guild most are 9/10M & 10/10M)
      7/7M EN
      Raid Times:
      Tuesday - 7pm-10pm CST
      Wednesday - 7pm-10pm CST
      Optional Tuesday Morning On Reset - 10am-12pm CST (depends on server restart) - Heroic Uldir on mains 
      Optional Thursday 7pm-10pm CST - Alt Heroic Uldir 
      Optional Saturday 7pm-10pm CST - Mythic Alt Uldir                                                                                                                 
      Invitations start 30 minutes before raid time.
      Recruitment:
      We are currently recruiting strong applicants of all classes and roles, with the ability to handle calls and criticism like an adult. 
      High Priority Recruitment:
      Melee DPS: Havoc DH
      Ranged DPS: Warlock
      Healer: Resto Druid and Holy Paladin
      ALL exceptional applicants will be considered. Please visit us at twostrikepolicy.com for more information. 
      Guild Master/Raid Leader: Darksickness/Zahedd - Ghostdragon#19918
      Recruitment Officer: Alandran - TheKiserSoze#1742
    • By Purplespirk
      I am new to mmos and I was playing an Arcane Mage but my fiance said frost mages are better so I am trying to learn how to play it and I have watched videos and gone over the icy viens information but it is still very confusing for me. I know this sounds bad but can anyone like dumb it down or like comment simpler instructions right now i am going off this attachment i made based of some advice and off of icy viens and i am only doing 4152 dps total so I am not sure if this is low or not but I am already level 120 right now 
      https://gyazo.com/4130f71f1790c7b25a8dd3d23cb4f388
    • By MrGrumpyCat
      So uhm, first post here and i take the opportunity to take you guys through my fabulous journey into "breaking" the tavern brawl this morning.

So i get on that six-shooter tavern brawl with a mage decklist ( just cause i need them gold from quest ya know :D ) and on my second or third game,

I play Research Project my opponent had then 10 cards in hand and draws for the turn, but no deck refill.... He then plays Barnes, no minion comes up from the battlecry. so it aint a visual bug. start my turn, play another Research Project, my opponent fatigues for 1+2, i can then OTK him with my 0 costs spells due to my 4 copies of Sorcerer's Apprentice.
      Fun fact, the tavern brawl clearly says; Make a six-card deck and duel! Don't worry - when you're out of cards you get a free reload!.
      Can anyone recall to this happening to them or no one had the cojones to mill?

• By Kaatra
      Hi everyone,

We are a guild that transferred from Alexstrasza to join the progression raiding scene as that server is very low population now. We are currently 8/8N and 4/8H uldir, and looking to move into heroics soon and mythic just after. 

We do more than just raid, we love to do keys, transmog runs, and even some PvP. We have a large range of players from several walks of life and have a unique and fun atmosphere, we are friendly and love helping people. 

We are looking for a few more members for our Sunday/Monday 5-8pm PST, and our tue/third 5-8pm PST. If anyone is interested in raid leading that will work too.

We are primarily east coast based but have a plethora of players that are on at all times of day.

Main needs for our raid team:
      ranged dps
      Healers
      Exceptional players

Of course all players as welcome as we do other guild activities such as world PVP, keys, xmog and other social activities.

So come join this very active guild and we hope to hear from you.

If you would like more information please add my btag at Kaatra#5865.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.
    • By PinkSmurph
      Hi
      I am currently looking for people to pop into my streams and see if I can improve my dps rotation and all around wow play. Any feedback is appreciated
      Https://www.twitch.tv/pinksmurph