Clisis

Handy Macro for Protection Warrior's~

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a warrior from Mal'Ganis server and I thought I provide some tip's or a tip for all protection warrior's looking for little more "play style" if you will.

The first tip that I have (this also goes for DPS) is the /startattack for all if not most of your ability's. This is because if you dont have the macro you will not start attacking untill the ability such as Revenge or Shield Slam is cast. Even then if you move away from the boss or untarget him or her (depending on the bosses sex Posted Image ) it will stop the attacking. So this will help and even little DPS boost because it will get you to start attacking Posted Image

Remember it's /startattack Posted Image

Second tip that I have is for all the prot warriors that are out there. This macro I came across while tanking a heroic few night's ago and thought "hey I wonder if I should try this". This "this" is me refering to me macroing both Shield Slam into Shield Barrier. My reasoning is this because everytime I cast SB (Shield Barrier) it is a 30k Absorb. This is at least a 2 or 3 second for mobs were it is no damage being delt to my health and I have found out time and time again that this allow's my healer to get me up along with my self heal's aka Impending Victory. I also put into that macro Berserker Rage for that extra little rage and breaking fear ect..

The Macro is

/Startattack

/Cast Berserker Rage

/Cast Shield Slam

/Cast Shield Barrier

If any suggestion on what macros I can add to this list. I am away from my account right now so I will be adding some more macro's to this and a little explaination for it Posted Image I hope you guys get some insite from this! Please reply!

~Clisis-Mal'Ganis

Edited by Clisis

Tip: Test the macros before you post them online. It's spelled Shield, not sheild.

Fixed, Thanks for the spelling correction I wouldn't have noticed that myself. I mostly do this during my causal time during school because when I am at home I am online and working on my character as much as possible (heroic's, daily's, world bosses ect..). If any other suggestion please let me know :)

~Clisis

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Riotzin
      <Cryogenic> - 3/9M - Recruiting all RDPS classes for an immediate raid spot to round out our 20m roster. Tues/Weds 7-11 SERVER. Discord/Flask/Food provided for raiders. 925++. Pst for more info!!!

The guild was founded by a group of friends with a mission, to progress through mythic raids without the toxic environment. The guild was formed halfway through EN and despite the late start we built a solid core of raiders and down 5/7M EN before the Nighthold was released. We ended up having to break up as soon as we cleared heroic Nighthold, but we are back with a vengance here on Stormrage now. 

CURRENT PROGRESSION:
      Emerald Nightmare -- 5/7M
      Trial of Valor -- 3/3H
      Nighthold -- 10/10H 5/10M (Guild break after Gul'dan kill)
      Tomb of Sargeras -- 9/9N 9/9H 3/9M

LOOKING FOR:
      We are currently looking for people that can commit to all raid days, who will show up prepared and not waste our time or their own time. We understand that real life happens, but we do ask that our raiders maintain at least 90% attendance and that can make sure they can raid without interruption. We don't have any strict attendance policies/punishments, however it is important for us to keep our progression as strong as possible, which relies heavily on raid wide attendance. 

RAID TIMES:
      Tuesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Wednesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Thursday 8-11 Server (EST) Optional Heroic/Normal

We also often run old content (M EN/ToV/Nightbane/Nighthold) as well as constant M+ groups throughout the day. These runs are 100% optional.

RECRUITMENT:
      We are currently looking for all exceptional players to rebuild our raid team. We don't care about item level or prior experience. We want quality players to learn, grow, and progress with. We currently have a very strong core of raiders, but with attendance issues and people quitting wow, we are strongly shifting our focus on finding players that excel at their class/spec to round out the last few spots in our main roster. 

CURRENT NEED:
      ALL DPS CLASSES - (ranged more so than melee)
      ALL EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS

EXPECTATIONS:
      We expect all raiders to come to raids prepared. This means: 
      - Having the correct gems/enchants (200 gems)
      - Class knowledge
      - Raid preparation. 
      We only raid 8 hours a week, so it is imperative that we don't waste time.All underpreforming players, regardless of rank and class, will be benched until performance can be brought up to par for the current content. We are not interested in carrying anyone, and if you cannot perform raid mechanics, then we are not the guild for you. Cauldrons and food will be provided by the guild bank when available. Everyone in the guild is taken care of, and this is done primarily through donation by our members. Our guild is a small community and we all pitch in to get things done.

LOOT SYSTEM:
      As a guild we opt to run loot through a loot council that is run by the officers. Loot is distributed in a way that most benefits the raid team in terms of progression. Distributing loot factors are performance/attendance/role/rank (I.E. Trials are typically lower on loot priority. (Higher rank than takes priority over trial) Loot is always dished out in a way that is most beneficial to the guild is a whole, and is a completely transparent process to avoid drama. We use the add-on RClootcouncil for ease of distribution.

PRIMARY CONTACT:
      Recruitment Officer - Riotzin (FrostyDog#155103)

OTHER CONTACTS:
      Guild Master/Raid Leader - Dêv (CrispyD#1823) 
      Lootmaster/Co-GM - Beanboss

Anyone listed can answer any further questions you may have pertaining to the guild as well as conduct your interview in our guild discord.
    • By Deydoridra
      Hey guys,
      I'm new to playing affliction lock and ranged DPS in general really. Can someone help me see why my DPS isn't where it should be? I've changed my stats around and have been playing with my legendaries and rotation but I can't seem to improve. If someone has some ideas it would be much appreciated. 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/arathor/syraice
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/71tcn24XFqBpZf9a/#view=rankings&boss=-2&difficulty=0
    • By bowsersfury
      Hello, 
      I am concerned that I am severely under performing as a fury warrior. I can manage to parse typically in the 80s for almost every fight in heroic ToS with a few exceptions: Mistress, Host, Avatar. I'm currently 933 equipped and I'm not at all concerned about my stats... I know I should and could be parsing in the 90s. But I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

My opener looks something like this: Charge, Pop Moonglaives trinket, Pop all CDS, Raging Blow, Oden's Fury, Rampage, then start normal priority rotation: Enraged RB>100 rage Rampage>RB>BT>FS. 

I have recently discovered that I have been doing my execute phase entirely wrong. I just went and tried first two bosses of heroic ToS again. Parses went up slightly... Goroth: 83->89, Inquis:84->90 but still not where I need to be. 
      Another think I'd like to mention is that I try to prioritize Enraged RB @100 rage before hitting rampage. According to Kelade (one of top fury warriors in US), this is 100k dps difference. Although at times I find myself in an awkward situation where I'm at 100 rage with RB on CD and I literally have to wait a whole global to hit it... I'd like to know how to make that stop lol. 

Last issue I'd like to bring up is this: Most of the time not all my CDs will line up perfectly together... BC, glaives, OF will be up but Avatar will be down. I'm slightly confused about when to use All/some of my cds... especially on fights like heroic KJ. Fights like Harj and Miss I'm confused about if I should hold all my cds for adds or blow them in the beginning along with prepot... I feel like prepot is a total waste without cds...

Below you will find the link to my armory and logs. Please Help me. I need to be parsing much higher than I am. My guild is doing mythic and I don't want to be the one holding us back.  

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/bòwser
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26903184
    • By Jeebs

Night gathers, and now my watch begins.It shall not end until my death.
      I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory..
      No Glory! No Lootings! No Crown or Procreation...what humbug
      Project Nemesis are here with the lemony scent of success and happy happy joy joy feel good antics.
      Our DPS is absolute and use skills to do massive critical damage and will stand in fire unbuffed.
      Our healers practice real life Wack-a-Mole at Blackpool Pleasure Beach once a week and our tanks taunt MMA fighters.
      When we enter instances bosses walk up to us drop their loot and kill themselves or keep running out to reset.
      Blizzard keeps trying to pay us to play. Weve dated supermodels.
      We've all won the lottery 8 times even our mages have Warglaves.
      Is it because we all have IQs above 180?
      We are the ultimate rock stars and may need to stop raiding for our world tour.
      Want to party with celebrities and mingle with the political elite leap tall buildings in a single bound or pull 2000 Mobs on Argus?.
      Yes weve been on COPS twelve times this week alone and Fox is creating us our very own channel.
      We do not talk about Raid Club we are Raid Club, even Chuck Norris avoids us
      How many Guilds can say theyre on a first name basis with both Samuel L Jackson & Danny Trejo?
      Were the only Guild endorsed by 4/5 Spirit Healers
      Project Nemesis we wrote the Deathbook and made IT out to look like a clown
      Now with ToS firmly underway were looking to strengthen both our Social and Raiding Rosters in preparation for Antorus, the Burning Throne.
      How many guilds have theyre very own Guild Hall with its very own hot tub, weve even called it Ironforge.
      Raid Days: Monday, Wednesday Friday 2100 Server Time
      Saturday is Alt Day
      Tuesday Thursday are Mythic plus days
      Sunday is Free for all
      We even bring X-realm raiders outside of our battleground. ..why?? Because we can and don't subscribe to the stereotypical norm of a guild.
      www.projectnemesis.eu or Bnet me JeebsJones#2394

• By Mezasu
      I've been playing a hunter for as long as I've been playing this game.  And for the first time in raiding, I feel like I am not doing my best and I cannot figure out why. I look at second by second rotations of top parsing hunters. In the past I was the one helping others out and writing small guides on forums...now I'm the one asking for help. 
      Here is a link to Goroth Mythic (my hunter's name is Mezäsu):
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KjRvcMqbYGrp16Bt#fight=3
      I am very open to criticism and any help anyone has to offer.
      I tried going into the Discord to ask for help there but was not able to get a word in (as the helpers were busy with other people). Hoping I may have better luck here.