FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Season of Discovery Healer Arcane Mage

5 hours ago, Guest Elvalarano said:

Do we know where to get rapid and the rez spell?

Initially thought we'd get Rapid from trainer even, or an early decoding scroll but it hasn't been found yet surprisingly.

Rez spell is actually performed with consumable scrolls found randomly across the world that are decoded with a decoding charm, for ex the common [Sroll: CWAL] that can drop for anyone, not just Mages (but only Mages can decode it into the ress scroll).

It might also not drop you the ress scroll, so its not quite easy to ress as Mage, unfortunately 😞

Guest Chrognomagus

Reconstruction and Rapid Regeneration were datamined and not confirmed by devs - they don't seem to be in the game (as others mentioned, Reconstruction is available in form of a scroll).

I was wondering how everyone's experience with Arcane Healing has been so far? I find it to be a fun twist to healing. And it definitely helps bringing tons of damage as a healer, feeling like you have an additional DPS in your raid.

However, healing is so situational that you sometimes can't actually do much healing and in other times, you'll heal your designated targets while also bringing the highest DPS.

We cleared BFD on our first visit, healing with only me as a mage and a holy priest (with some Paladin spothealing when needed).

Mana management is adventurous so far though - there simply is no way to actually stack Arcane Blast 3 to 4 times and then releasing expensive 235 mana Arcana Missiles, after tapping multiple targets with Regeneration for 206 mana per cast. You can't downrank rune abilities like Arcane Blast or Regeneration, so I downranked Arcane Missiles to rank 1 (85 mana). That means much less damage, resulting in much less healing, but with Evocation and the 5 second rule being your only available means of mana regeneration infight, it feels there's little choice.

In most raid situations, I also found Living Fire to be a much better rune for healing that Mass Regeneration, because it allows for a lot of DPS/HPS output for very little mana while allowing your to recover mana for a couple of seconds. The choice between MR and LF is whether you need to cheaply tap multiple targets and then spend your mana on the actual DPS/HPS part, or if you'd rather tap your targets one by one (206 mana each) and then easily heal them for 20 seconds with only 52 mana.

In terms of general healing output, I was way behind our Holy Priest, because of said mana limitations. It's a shame that Arcane Surge is hard-gated behind reputation "grind". What's your take on that? How did you fare mana-wise in the raid?

44 minutes ago, Guest Chrognomagus said:

Reconstruction and Rapid Regeneration were datamined and not confirmed by devs - they don't seem to be in the game (as others mentioned, Reconstruction is available in form of a scroll).

I was wondering how everyone's experience with Arcane Healing has been so far? I find it to be a fun twist to healing. And it definitely helps bringing tons of damage as a healer, feeling like you have an additional DPS in your raid.

However, healing is so situational that you sometimes can't actually do much healing and in other times, you'll heal your designated targets while also bringing the highest DPS.

We cleared BFD on our first visit, healing with only me as a mage and a holy priest (with some Paladin spothealing when needed).

Mana management is adventurous so far though - there simply is no way to actually stack Arcane Blast 3 to 4 times and then releasing expensive 235 mana Arcana Missiles, after tapping multiple targets with Regeneration for 206 mana per cast. You can't downrank rune abilities like Arcane Blast or Regeneration, so I downranked Arcane Missiles to rank 1 (85 mana). That means much less damage, resulting in much less healing, but with Evocation and the 5 second rule being your only available means of mana regeneration infight, it feels there's little choice.

In most raid situations, I also found Living Fire to be a much better rune for healing that Mass Regeneration, because it allows for a lot of DPS/HPS output for very little mana while allowing your to recover mana for a couple of seconds. The choice between MR and LF is whether you need to cheaply tap multiple targets and then spend your mana on the actual DPS/HPS part, or if you'd rather tap your targets one by one (206 mana each) and then easily heal them for 20 seconds with only 52 mana.

In terms of general healing output, I was way behind our Holy Priest, because of said mana limitations. It's a shame that Arcane Surge is hard-gated behind reputation "grind". What's your take on that? How did you fare mana-wise in the raid?

Already fixed the pre-launch inclusions of rapid regen and reintegration as spell on the guides yesterday night! 😄

Mage + Priest seems to be one of the best healing combos right now for sure, since you mostly single target heal the tank as Mage (due to taking Mass Regen destroying both your Mana and your healing capabilities due to no Living Flame) and Priest can do all the aoe healing with Prayer of Mending 🙂

Mana is always a problem in Classic and Mage healers are no exception, for the most part what I was doing is just x2 Arcane Blast into Arcane Explosion (pre-nerf especially) or Missiles and Living Flame on cooldown unless I know there will be high damage incoming soon worth saving it for.

You are not meant to be doing more healing than a Priest aoe healing because you are not aoe healing, the idea is to cover the tank / focus target healing and deal decent (about tank level) DPS meanwhile, lots of value in that 🙂 its like having 8.5 dps in the raid!

Guest Chrognomagus
23 minutes ago, Seksi said:

Already fixed the pre-launch inclusions of rapid regen and reintegration as spell on the guides yesterday night! 😄

Ah great!

23 minutes ago, Seksi said:

Mana is always a problem in Classic and Mage healers are no exception, for the most part what I was doing is just x2 Arcane Blast into Arcane Explosion (pre-nerf especially) or Missiles and Living Flame on cooldown unless I know there will be high damage incoming soon worth saving it for.

You are not meant to be doing more healing than a Priest aoe healing because you are not aoe healing, the idea is to cover the tank / focus target healing and deal decent (about tank level) DPS meanwhile, lots of value in that 🙂 its like having 8.5 dps in the raid!

Yes, that sounds very similar to what I did. I used Missiles rank 1 for single target though and Explosion when there was more than one target, and it worked out very well. I only tried Mass Regeneration once or twice, when positioning was very clear (clear melee/tank group and range camp), but if there's a dedicated aoe healer, Living Flame should always be the way to go.

Can't wait to try Arcane Surge.

2 hours ago, Guest Chrognomagus said:

Ah great!

Yes, that sounds very similar to what I did. I used Missiles rank 1 for single target though and Explosion when there was more than one target, and it worked out very well. I only tried Mass Regeneration once or twice, when positioning was very clear (clear melee/tank group and range camp), but if there's a dedicated aoe healer, Living Flame should always be the way to go.

Can't wait to try Arcane Surge.

Same, the reputation grind is really long though and crates only stack to 1 right now so its a tough thing to do 😞 hopefully blizz makes it so non-completed crates can stack instead of just completed ones, but we'll see! (worst case can always play alts and mail mats but that's a 1h wait for mail every time which is less than ideal..)

Guest Shade514

I found out last night that if your wand does Arcane damage, that also heals your Temporal Beacons. The wand that Cookie drops in Deadmines is great for this. It's got great dps and does that Arcane damage for some extra healing while you regenerate some mana. Just thought I'd drop that here since I didn't see it anywhere in the guide. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Shade514 said:

I found out last night that if your wand does Arcane damage, that also heals your Temporal Beacons. The wand that Cookie drops in Deadmines is great for this. It's got great dps and does that Arcane damage for some extra healing while you regenerate some mana. Just thought I'd drop that here since I didn't see it anywhere in the guide. 

It was just changed yesterday so the guide updates to talk about it were not pushed live yet, should be up by tomorrow hopefully 🙂 thanks for the feedback!