FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Season of Discovery Frost Mage

Guest Hogg0r

What about Frost bolt? Do you replace it With frostfire bolt?

4 hours ago, Guest Hogg0r said:

What about Frost bolt? Do you replace it With frostfire bolt?

Yes! It basically acts as Frostbolt but also takes advantage from Fire talents like Ignite and runes like Brain Freeze. Once you have it, with the sorts of builds recommended, there is never a reason to go back to Frostbolt other than using rank 1 for a quick slow occasionally in PvP and such. 

Guest Garth

So, in the guide it tells me that Frostfire Bolt wil benefit from both the talents (fire/frost) reducing the spells time by a whopping 1 sec, but i've just tested this out and it doesn't reduce the cast time of the Frost Fire bolt

6 minutes ago, Guest Garth said:

So, in the guide it tells me that Frostfire Bolt wil benefit from both the talents (fire/frost) reducing the spells time by a whopping 1 sec, but i've just tested this out and it doesn't reduce the cast time of the Frost Fire bolt

Thought that was how it would work, but indeed from further research it seems like it only gets affected by talents that specify "frost" or "fire" spells specifically 😞 making it much worse than previously thought (as a combination of Frostbolt and Fireball getting benefits from talents that affect either spell).

Will have to send new talents and a different explanation text, but more importantly this means that pure Fire will surely do much more damage at this point, sorry for the bait!

Guest Twltch

The bis list has arcane ring as BIS this phase even though it doesn't benefit any spell we would use except for arcane explosion.  Also, wouldn't double Freezing band boe's technically be bis as it's the highest frost/fire damage option ring this phase and would also benefit our deep freeze damage? 

8 hours ago, Guest Twltch said:

The bis list has arcane ring as BIS this phase even though it doesn't benefit any spell we would use except for arcane explosion.  Also, wouldn't double Freezing band boe's technically be bis as it's the highest frost/fire damage option ring this phase and would also benefit our deep freeze damage? 

The Arcane ring was a typo after the updates yesterday, thanks for spotting, will fix!

Good call on Freezing Band, it is relatively similar to the Glacial Blood Band but I'll put it at the top for the small Frost spell damage increase.