FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Season of Discovery Shadow Priest

Guest Moorsprig

Given that you recommend using Void Plague over Twisted Faith, that Mind Spike will be our filler spell, and that you don't really seem to recommend using Mind Flay in any particular situation, wouldn't it be better to save that talent point, either for range or Mind Blast cooldown?

55 minutes ago, Guest Moorsprig said:

Given that you recommend using Void Plague over Twisted Faith, that Mind Spike will be our filler spell, and that you don't really seem to recommend using Mind Flay in any particular situation, wouldn't it be better to save that talent point, either for range or Mind Blast cooldown?

Hey! This is a great question and something I have kind of asked myself, I really like the utility of having Mindflay specifically for the slowing aspect of it as there are times where a mob will be getting ready to run, or heading to someone it shouldn't and the slow has helped defuse the situation a bit, I would say put that point in the additional range however as opposed to the quicker Mind Blast CD as the way the rotation shapes up you won't often be able to fully stack your Spikes between Mind Blast uses as you likely are now.

Guest Tsuness

If the bosses in Gnomer are level 42 wouldn't it be better to take 2 or 3 talent points out of shadow focus and put them into other places since we are hit capped at 5%?

On 3/15/2024 at 3:21 PM, Guest Tsuness said:

If the bosses in Gnomer are level 42 wouldn't it be better to take 2 or 3 talent points out of shadow focus and put them into other places since we are hit capped at 5%?

Hey! This depends entirely on your gear set up, if you're full bis and have the hit rating from all of the pieces available in Gnomer, I think it's safe to drop down to 3 points there and you can easily place them somewhere else, like the extra range found in Shadow Reach or if you find yourself with threat issues even Shadow Affinity.

Guest Macbenz

Is there any room for Devouring Plague for Undead Priests? Is it worth using at all?

6 hours ago, Guest Macbenz said:

Is there any room for Devouring Plague for Undead Priests? Is it worth using at all?

Hey Macbenz, thanks for checking out my guide! So, in a situation where you are moving and the other two dots are already active, it is worth casting but otherwise your globals are better spent either maintaining one of the other dots, spiking or blasting.