FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Season of Discovery Elemental Shaman

Guest Maggywaggy

The dps rotation in this guide is pretty mediocre for this site. To include a clear recommendation to use chain lightning when we don't even get that skill for skill for over 20 levels is insane and just dumb.

for 

Guest Boisonberry

Sub-par guide.

5/5 Ancestral knowledge is a trap talent that doesn't scale with stats on gear.

Rotation guide calls for using of Chain Lightning during phase 1 with a lvl cap of 25 preventing us from training it.

5 hours ago, Guest Maggywaggy said:

The dps rotation in this guide is pretty mediocre for this site. To include a clear recommendation to use chain lightning when we don't even get that skill for skill for over 20 levels is insane and just dumb.

for 

Hey! Thanks your feedback; the idea was to give an idea of what a DPS Rotation would look as we crept closer to higher level bands, but I do understand why this could be confusing/unnecessary and will probably remove it for the time being.

4 hours ago, Guest Boisonberry said:

Sub-par guide.

5/5 Ancestral knowledge is a trap talent that doesn't scale with stats on gear.

Rotation guide calls for using of Chain Lightning during phase 1 with a lvl cap of 25 preventing us from training it.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I've explained the mention of Chain Lightning above, and as far as the Ancestrla Knowledge; I actually referenced it in the text below the guide! 

"Your talent build as an Elemental Shaman is fairly set in stone, the highlighted above is generally the build that will give you the most DPS. The points spent in Ancestral Knowledge Icon Ancestral Knowledge can be moved into Call of Thunder Icon Call of Thunder if you find yourself with plentiful mana"

I do agree that the points spent in AK Can be moved into Call of Thunder pretty comfortably at this point though especially with how strong Sham Rage has proven to be but I struggle to completely dismiss it as a 'trap talent' as you mentioned due to the varying levels of gear people are reaching level 25 with, but as you get more and more intellect I do agree it loses more of its value. 

Guest ElementalShamanSucks

Yeah you need to update this guide, it is bad. Dont recommend things that require abilities/spells that we wont get in this part of SOD. Why dont you do the correct rotation or suggest talents that actually benefit an Elemental Druid, then do another section of your future or predictive rotations and ideas including the chain lightning.

On 12/17/2023 at 6:03 PM, Guest ElementalShamanSucks said:

Yeah you need to update this guide, it is bad. Dont recommend things that require abilities/spells that we wont get in this part of SOD. Why dont you do the correct rotation or suggest talents that actually benefit an Elemental Druid, then do another section of your future or predictive rotations and ideas including the chain lightning.

Its all updated now after a through revision, please go through again and let me know if any inconsistency or other class mention typo remains, cheers and hope this helps! ❤️ will be updating it further as we go into next phases and the meta drastically changes, for the better at 40 for Elemental!