Damien

World of Warcraft 10th Anniversary! WoW 2015 Annuals giveaway!

81 posts in this topic

7908-world-of-warcraft-10th-anniversary-

It is World of Warcraft 10th Anniversary! For this occasion, we have 10 WoW 2015 Annuals to give away!

Tomorrow, we will celebrate the 10th anniversary of World of Warcraft, which was released on the 23rd of November, 2004. This will also mark the 20th anniversary of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, which was released exactly 10 years before, on the 23rd of November, 1994. For this occasion, Blizzard sent us 10 World of Warcraft 2015 Annuals to give away. To enter the contest, all you have to do is share with us in the comments your favorite Warcraft moment.

World of Warcraft Annuals are books, published every year (hence the 2015 editions we are offering this time around), that contain many games, short stories, and facts about your favorite game. They are the ideal present for English-speaking families that play World of Warcraft. As said above, to enter the contest you need to share with us in the comments your favorite Warcraft moment. You have until the 23rd of November ends on the western coast of North America to enter. We will draw the winners on Monday. There is no geographical restriction, we will ship the prizes worldwide.

We also remind European players that events are planned in Berlin, London, and Paris this evening and we will be attending the Paris event.

Finally, further events and celebrations will take place in-game until the 6th of January 2015. The community has been talking about them for months, but if you need any information, make sure to head over to MMO-Champion.
  • Like 4

My favorite Warcraft moment was during the Culling of Stratholme when Arthas finally reached Mal'Ganis, who escaped. I had tingles when I heard him promising to hunt Mal'Ganis down, yelling "To the ends of the Earth!" Although I started playing in vanilla, I was on the younger side of the player base and only really began to understand the game and how to play it in Wrath of the Lich King (ie starting to play smarter and even to use resources like Icy-Veins). The lore in that expansion was also really great and felt connected to older Warcraft lore in a way that The Burning Crusade didn't really feel for me. Being able to experience modern Northrend and this iconic moment in the past which had such significance for the present was really incredible to me then and now.

Favorite memory is the first time my guild finally cleared Kara. It took us a few tries for sure. Finally killing Prince was awesome.

My favorite moment was the day that I started to World of Warcraft.

When I first step into WoW, I created a human rogue named "Erekhteous". I started questing, leveled up to 3 and get my class quest that wants me to use Eviscerate on training dummies a few times. But my English was really poor at that moment and I didn't know what to do except use Eviscerate. But on what? I started to Eviscerate worgs and blackrock orcs around starting area and getting more and more mad. I didn't understand what to do, but then I tried to translate quest text, dang! I just frozen and... You know started laughing. All I need to do was use eviscerate on dummies but I Eviscerated hundreds of mobs. :D In the end, I completed that quest... These old memories. Always makes me happy :)

• Like 3

Level 60 warlock mount quest line!

I finished it at 5 am when a random person on server asked if I wanted to help with theirs. We had a blast. :)

Our first Lich King kill was truly incredible.  My first true raiding tier / experience of seeing a raid from start to finish.  Endless attempts by a really unskilled group.  Myself crying at players failing defiles / Valkyries / plague / ice spheres etc.

Such an epic fight and my first experience of nerd screams at a kill!

Always loved the strategy games and like a large number of people Arthas / Lich King was such a great character and such an awesome boss fight.

To top it all off it was the very last evening before the Cata pre-patch came (with mastery and all the skill changes etc).  So even though we had the full buff it felt like we literally achieved it on our last possible attempt.

Good times!

My most memorable moment was during vanilla WoW. Our guild was server first killing Onyxia and server second killing Rag. It was an amazing time!

Achieving Scarab Lord, I always use it to remind me of how much this game is a part of my life and how important the relationships you make are.

I remember when I speed leveled a Horde alt, right before the launch of Cata.  I was literally leveling right up to the launch and dinged 80 less than 2 min before midnight.  The entire guild exploded with laughter and congratulations when my achievement banner popped, as we all waited to jump into the new content.

My most favorite moment (forgive me, it's been a while so the details may be fuzzy) was when, as a young Alliance, we completed the quest that had the group march into Stormwind to confront the impersonator inside the Keep.

Such newbie nerd happiness :D

Edited by Maplefire

Can't say i have a favorite moment, but all the time we killed a last boss, from BC to MoP, the joy and the ppl yelling on Vent. What a feeling !

My favourite moments (so far) are completing the level 60 Paladin and Warlock mount quests. I was so excited when I finally got my mounts, and was able to show them off around Stormwind :) It makes me sad that new players don't have to work to get theirs but then I look at my Feats of Strength and smile because I know how much effort I put in to get these!

When I punched Kanrethad in the d*** and took his green fire!

Or when I earned my Dreadsteed way back when!

Or the first time I turned the corner in Onyxia's lair and saw her lying there in all her purple majesty!

When I first saw the Ragnaros event in Vanilla Molten Core. The dialogue and then him rising out of the lava was the most epic and amazing feeling I've ever had in the game. The only other boss encounter to come close to that was Illidan just because I love the War of Ancient trilogy and the world event for the gates of AQ opening :) Thanks for the wonderful site as well.

My favourite moment would've been meeting my boyfriend in a ToT pug and then joining his raid team and getting 6/14heroic in SoO in my first expansion/first time of playing the game. I feel really lucky to have had that experience and I feel like I've come so far as a player and person since then.