Damien

World of Warcraft 10th Anniversary! WoW 2015 Annuals giveaway!

81 posts in this topic

7908-world-of-warcraft-10th-anniversary-

It is World of Warcraft 10th Anniversary! For this occasion, we have 10 WoW 2015 Annuals to give away!

Tomorrow, we will celebrate the 10th anniversary of World of Warcraft, which was released on the 23rd of November, 2004. This will also mark the 20th anniversary of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, which was released exactly 10 years before, on the 23rd of November, 1994. For this occasion, Blizzard sent us 10 World of Warcraft 2015 Annuals to give away. To enter the contest, all you have to do is share with us in the comments your favorite Warcraft moment.

World of Warcraft Annuals are books, published every year (hence the 2015 editions we are offering this time around), that contain many games, short stories, and facts about your favorite game. They are the ideal present for English-speaking families that play World of Warcraft. As said above, to enter the contest you need to share with us in the comments your favorite Warcraft moment. You have until the 23rd of November ends on the western coast of North America to enter. We will draw the winners on Monday. There is no geographical restriction, we will ship the prizes worldwide.

We also remind European players that events are planned in Berlin, London, and Paris this evening and we will be attending the Paris event.

Finally, further events and celebrations will take place in-game until the 6th of January 2015. The community has been talking about them for months, but if you need any information, make sure to head over to MMO-Champion.
  • Like 4

My favorite Warcraft moment was during the Culling of Stratholme when Arthas finally reached Mal'Ganis, who escaped. I had tingles when I heard him promising to hunt Mal'Ganis down, yelling "To the ends of the Earth!" Although I started playing in vanilla, I was on the younger side of the player base and only really began to understand the game and how to play it in Wrath of the Lich King (ie starting to play smarter and even to use resources like Icy-Veins). The lore in that expansion was also really great and felt connected to older Warcraft lore in a way that The Burning Crusade didn't really feel for me. Being able to experience modern Northrend and this iconic moment in the past which had such significance for the present was really incredible to me then and now.

Favorite memory is the first time my guild finally cleared Kara. It took us a few tries for sure. Finally killing Prince was awesome.

My favorite moment was the day that I started to World of Warcraft.

When I first step into WoW, I created a human rogue named "Erekhteous". I started questing, leveled up to 3 and get my class quest that wants me to use Eviscerate on training dummies a few times. But my English was really poor at that moment and I didn't know what to do except use Eviscerate. But on what? I started to Eviscerate worgs and blackrock orcs around starting area and getting more and more mad. I didn't understand what to do, but then I tried to translate quest text, dang! I just frozen and... You know started laughing. All I need to do was use eviscerate on dummies but I Eviscerated hundreds of mobs. :D In the end, I completed that quest... These old memories. Always makes me happy :)

• Like 3

Level 60 warlock mount quest line!

I finished it at 5 am when a random person on server asked if I wanted to help with theirs. We had a blast. :)

Our first Lich King kill was truly incredible.  My first true raiding tier / experience of seeing a raid from start to finish.  Endless attempts by a really unskilled group.  Myself crying at players failing defiles / Valkyries / plague / ice spheres etc.

Such an epic fight and my first experience of nerd screams at a kill!

Always loved the strategy games and like a large number of people Arthas / Lich King was such a great character and such an awesome boss fight.

To top it all off it was the very last evening before the Cata pre-patch came (with mastery and all the skill changes etc).  So even though we had the full buff it felt like we literally achieved it on our last possible attempt.

Good times!

My most memorable moment was during vanilla WoW. Our guild was server first killing Onyxia and server second killing Rag. It was an amazing time!

Achieving Scarab Lord, I always use it to remind me of how much this game is a part of my life and how important the relationships you make are.

I remember when I speed leveled a Horde alt, right before the launch of Cata.  I was literally leveling right up to the launch and dinged 80 less than 2 min before midnight.  The entire guild exploded with laughter and congratulations when my achievement banner popped, as we all waited to jump into the new content.

My most favorite moment (forgive me, it's been a while so the details may be fuzzy) was when, as a young Alliance, we completed the quest that had the group march into Stormwind to confront the impersonator inside the Keep.

Such newbie nerd happiness :D

Edited by Maplefire

Can't say i have a favorite moment, but all the time we killed a last boss, from BC to MoP, the joy and the ppl yelling on Vent. What a feeling !

My favourite moments (so far) are completing the level 60 Paladin and Warlock mount quests. I was so excited when I finally got my mounts, and was able to show them off around Stormwind :) It makes me sad that new players don't have to work to get theirs but then I look at my Feats of Strength and smile because I know how much effort I put in to get these!

When I punched Kanrethad in the d*** and took his green fire!

Or when I earned my Dreadsteed way back when!

Or the first time I turned the corner in Onyxia's lair and saw her lying there in all her purple majesty!

When I first saw the Ragnaros event in Vanilla Molten Core. The dialogue and then him rising out of the lava was the most epic and amazing feeling I've ever had in the game. The only other boss encounter to come close to that was Illidan just because I love the War of Ancient trilogy and the world event for the gates of AQ opening :) Thanks for the wonderful site as well.

My favourite moment would've been meeting my boyfriend in a ToT pug and then joining his raid team and getting 6/14heroic in SoO in my first expansion/first time of playing the game. I feel really lucky to have had that experience and I feel like I've come so far as a player and person since then.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Christmas is around the corner and if you're looking for the perfect gift for your friends, the €20/£15 Blizzard Gift Card is now available at select retailers across Europe.
      The recipient can simply claim the code on the back of the card to top up their Blizzard Balance and purchase various goodies across all Blizzard games.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Have you ever wanted to give a friend a few Loot Boxes for Overwatch? Or gift that epic Luminous Starseeker mount to your World of Warcraft guildmate? Or a Hero from Heroes of the Storm, or some Card Packs in Hearthstone? Good news! We’ve got you covered with one simple solution — the Blizzard Gift Card.
      This €20/£15 gift card is now available at a wide range of retailers across Europe. Simply pick one up at any of the partner stores and give it to a friend. All they need to do is claim the code on the back of the card in order to charge up their Blizzard Balance, which can be used to purchase a variety of Blizzard digital items, games, and services. You can also use the gift card to charge up your own balance.
      You’ll find a list of retailers offering the Blizzard Gift Card at our giftcards page:
      FIND STORE
      For a full overview of what you can buy with Blizzard Balance, visit the Blizzard Shop. Here are just a few examples of the cool stuff you can give a friend via the Blizzard Gift Card:
      Overwatch Loot Boxes: with four items in each Loot Box, you're sure to be pleased with your assortment of Overwatch goodies!
        World of Warcraft pets and mounts: take to Azeroth's skies in style on an epic mount or adopt a cute pet.
        Hearthstone Card Packs: level up your collection and dominate your opponents in this insanely fun strategy card game!
        Heroes of the Storm Collection: pick up your favorite heroes, deck them out in the best-looking skins and mounts, then complete your collection with banners, sprays, voice lines and more!
        StarCraft II Expansions, Mission Packs, Commanders, Announcers, and more: enhance your gameplay experience and choose your own path to glory in the Koprulu sector!
        Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer: Nephalem, discover the unique power of the Necromancer to defeat the evil forces of Sanctuary!
      Remember that you can also gift your friends specific digital items directly from the Blizzard Shop.
    • By Stan
      Black Friday sale is here and you can save up to 66% on Battle.net Shop and Playstation Store until November 27!
      All Activision Blizzard games can be purchased at a reduced price as digital downloads on Battle.net Shop through November 26. You can for example get 10$/10EUR off Battle for Azeroth and by adding a second license to your Battle.net account, a level 110 Character Boost will only cost you 39.99$/34.99 EUR. Activision games including Black Ops 4 or the Destiny 2 expansion are on sale as well.
      Click here to access Battle.net Shop (EU)
      Click here to access Battle.net Shop (US)
      Black Friday sale also applies to consoles. Overwatch Legendary Edition (PS4) can be purchased for 19.79$ instead of 59.99$. Diablo III: Eternal Collection (PS4) is down to 19.79$ from 59.99$ until November 27.

• By Stan
      Executive Producer Allen Adham and Principal Game Designer Wyatt Cheng confirmed at BlizzCon's Diablo Immortal press conference that many of Blizzard's best developers are currently working on new mobile titles across all IPs.
      Highlights
      No autoplay is planned for the game right now. Diablo Immortal does not have the Witch Doctor. The six classes have been chosen to represent a variety of playstyles. The game will have content updates over time and the plan is to release additional classes in the future. In terms of Blizzard's approach to mobile gaming, they have many of their best developers now working on new mobile titles across all IPs. Some of them are with external partners like Diablo Immortal, many of them are being developed internally only and they'll have information to share in the future. They have more new products in development today than they've ever had in their history and the future is "very bright". Diablo Immortal is being designed so that everybody can play it from all ages. The game won't be mature-rated. The level of fidelity on mobile is becoming very close to the kinds of games we can see on PC and console. There are some key differences in play sessions and play patterns. The reason why they're bringing Diablo to mobile is to introduce the game to a much broader audience. Netease has been Blizzard's partner in China for almost 10 years. Skepticism demonstrates intellectual curiosity and what people saw at BlizzCon did not really meet their expectations. Allen Adham repeated that the company is currently working on multiple unannounced Diablo projects for die-hard PC fans.
    • By Stan
      Quarterly results of the Activison Blizzard Investor Call are here and Blizzard has 37 million monthly active users across all games, same as in Q2 2018.
      Major Releases
      Activision launched Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blizzard released World of Warcraft: Battle of Azeroth King launched Candy Crush Friends Saga Franchise Expansion onto Mobile
      Many top mobile games are based on IP originally created for console or PC Hearthstone fanbase grew significantly upon its mobile launch Investing in mobile releases for Activision and Blizzard franchises Many more initiatives underway across the entire company Audience Reach (345 MAUs -- Activision = 46M, Blizzard = 37M, King = 262M monthly active users)
      Candy Crush Saga MAUs grew Y/Y In October, King launched Candy Crush Friends Saga, building on five years of learing in Candy Crush The game has reached the top of iPhone download charts in 93 countries While still early, retention and monetization metrics are strong, and the game is on pace to drive meaningful growth for the franchise World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth set a new day-one franchise record with more than 3.4 million units sold-through World of Warcraft engagement grew strongly Q/Q, and the expansion saw strong participation in value-added services Heartshtone continues to attract new players, surpassing 100 million life-to-date registered players Destiny MAUs grew Q/Q and Y/Y, driven by the launch of Forsaken and reach initiatives for the base game Activision MAUs increased significantly in October following the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Black Ops 4 versus Black Ops III (the highest-grossing game in the franchise) in the first three weeks after launch: Units sold-through were higher; PC units sold-through were over 3x higher Total active users were 16% higher Hours playerd were 20%+ higher Deep Engagement & Player Investment
      Continue to add new ways for fans to show their passion for or great franchises, including esport, linear content and social connections. Continue to innovate in how additional content is offered, to drive strong engagement and commercial performance. Activision Blizzard
      Players spent a record 52 minutes per day in Activision, Blizzard, and King games in the quarter. Viewership of our games was up significantly this quarter. Call of Duty
      In the month of October, Activision Blizzard had seven of the top 20 most viewed games on the industry's largest streaming platform, including Black Ops 4 where vierwership cotinues to break franchise records. Overwatch League
      The Overwatch League continues to build on the success of its inaugural season with the announcement of the sale of another six teams in September, again at substantioally higher valuations than team prices in the first sesason The latest sales take the league to 20 total teams, with nine of these teams outside the U.S. BlizzCon & World of Warcraft & Diablo
      In November, BlizzCon drew over 40,000 fans in person with millions more livestreaming from around the world Announcements included new content for every franchinse and Diablo Immortal for mobile Q3 2018 Segment Results // Blizzard
      Q3 Segment Net Revenues: $635M Q3 Segment Operating Income: $189M (30% operating margin) Key Highlights
      Revenues grew 20% Y/Y, driven by World of Warcraft and the Battle for Azeroth expansion, which offset lower revenues for Overwatch & Hearthstone, with the latter facing a tough comp Operative income grew 13% Y/Y as revenue growth offset investments in strategic initiatives, including the Overwatch League, other esports activities, Battle.net, and franchise incubation across multiple platforms Check out the full presentation here.
    • By Zadina
      BlizzPlanet interviewed Robert Bridenbecker, Vice President of Technology, Strategy and Planning, on Warcraft 3: Reforged. The interview focuses on the engine overhaul and assets, Battle.net Launcher transition, as well as the World Editor and mapmaking’s capabilities side.
      With the remaster of Warcraft 3 announced, it's natural that all kinds of question about how the 2002 iconic game would be re-animated (literally) with modern graphics. Robert Bridenbecker explained all the technical details and challenges the team has faced.
      Here is a recap of the most interesting points of the interview:
      The same team that worked on StarCraft Remastered worked on this. There are no plans for new story content or DLCs yet, they are focused on the pre-existing game. Animation variety of units and generic portraits from the original WC3 will be updated to be unique. They used the original WC3 engine that has been evolved on the graphics side, with modern trimmings like wide screen support, Battle.net support and lag/networking issues addressed. A brand new engine would break existing functionalities. The map editor is there and there's compatibility with the original version of the game. They want to have all custom maps working for Reforged. Moddable UI: they are talking about it, an area to explore – not a day 1 feature probably. You will be able to switch from old to new graphics, but it won't be instant like in SC Remastered. It's feasible to make SD and HD assets work together. No decisions yet on changes on unit pathfinding and AI improvements. They are in dialogue with the community on this and they are open to exploring it. They have also reached out to players for other potential changes to the original experience (gameplay, balance). They want to be careful with this as they want to be as close to the original as possible. They've made a lot of bug fixes. There are no plans for classic games on other platforms, but it's always something on their mind. Warcraft 3: Reforged will contain the original version of the game.