FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chazzx

Shadow Priest DPS - Tier 7 Talents and You

So we're 10 days into this and folks have had some time to get gear and do some testing on the Tier 7 Talents and secondary stat weights.

I'm curious how others are finding the talents, what secondary stats they're stacking with which talent and "how it feels" and some DPS numbers (Skada/Recount) on single target and multiple target fights.

I personally have (for now) settled on CoP and have been stacking Mastery and Multistrike as much as is possible at this point, and the single target numbers are steady around 16k DPS, at this time.  Multiple target fights, I find my DPS VERY weak compared to other classes and have been very disappointed with Mind Sear, and think it feels "broken", compared to what it used to be.

Overall, I'm a little disenchanted with what I'm seeing and wanted to get a sense for what others are experiencing.

You can see what I've got going on here 

Regards,

Chazzx

I have been running CoP as my Tier 7.  I've been running the Dot Weaving rotation on bosses and I like you think Mastery / Multistrike are the way to go.  With simcraft results it seems like mastery should be right behind Int and SP.  Our AoE damage is very depressing when comparing us to other classes.  A lot of the content seems to be AoE focused, which makes us look like poor performers.  My gear isn't all that great, my ilvl is around 629, I have just been assembling ilvl gear to get into heroics at this point and picking up what I can.  

Armory

I tried Auspicious Spirits, dotless CoP, and finally settled on CoP lite (as described in the Icy Veins guide to shadow). I didn't like the feeling of the dotless CoP, and I think since I enjoy CoP lite the most it's been the rotation I've had the most success with. I'm stacking multistrike first which has also increased my DPS. I'm raiding with my guild tonight so will see where I'm at then more accurately, but when our guild did a full 40 man of Molten Core I was around number 6, so I think I'm satisfied with the rotation. 

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/minnieheals/simple

Last night, we raided Highmaul and I was present for The Butcher and Brackenspore, and was pulling 15k steadily with CoP lite, so I don't think it's dead. I don't even have gems yet in my heroic blue gear. But playstyles vary and it just might be what works for me, who knows. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneShotGamingMLG
      To all who read,
      I am a WoW player and have been since vanilla, I’ve played several variances of classes through the expansions and this round settled with shadow priest which I ran through the majority of Legion and BfA. I have never written a guide or forum post before but decided I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions and see how other players in the same position feel as well.

I would like to ask people to respect everyone’s opinion as this forum topic will be a place for unusual class builds, talent choices, and stat priorities. Everyone plays the game for fun and should be able to build a toon that is effective utilizing a multi style approach. I do believe that the simulators are awesome for checking gear and choices when it comes to specific cases perhaps PvP. That being said though, I feel as though sims are not really a good indicator of a talent choice or gear piece’s level of effectiveness. I am by no means a tremendously good player, probably average to be honest, but ask any top tier player and they will tell you very rarely does a pull go “perfect” for their class. these simulations then are only showing if something goes perfect, so I thought why not build a class around what “actually” happens versus the “perfect pull”, so that is what I did.
      I would love to hear what other players thoughts on the matter are and list what your individual stat priorities are and maybe discuss why!
      mine are as follows;
      1.) Mastery = Versatility
        (both of these boost damage output but versatility is not limited by number of DoTs so it helps if you are struggling to keep skills on targets.)
      2.) Haste (this increases the amount of ticks per cast, when paired with high Vers and mastery you deal large DoT damage which is great if you’re in a high movement fight.)
      3.) Critical
       This for many reasons is great. First, shadowy app procs, and secondly just plain damage bumps. Lastly, and arguably most important though is the shadow word death damage boost. When we execute (comparing to warrior skill) it deals increased damage naturally to targets below 20% health I believe. When you pair this with high mastery Vers and a decent crit chance you can execute for incredibly high amounts of damage to help that end fight dps chart! 

• By Thawn
      Intergalactic is an AOTC/Mythic progression guild now recruiting for Shadowlands raiding and M+.  We are a group of friends who were interested in the fun of raiding while understanding that life responsibilities take precedent. We are a combination of new and returning players from various expansions. While social players are always welcomed, we are more specifically looking for players who are interested in a fun, relaxed environment to progress through content. We do run M+ keys, transmog/gear and achievement runs when possible.
      Intergalactic did not run as a guild during Bfa. We had members getting bored with Bfa content and decided to spend their time on other things. We did do some content with some of the guilds in our community group. Our last guild raids were in Legion. The majority of our core has come back in anticipation for Shadowlands. We are excited to be back as an active guild on Korgath and it's connected realms. We look forward to having you join us!  (Korgath is connected with  Cairne, Cenarius, Frostmane, Ner’zhul, Perenolde, and Tortheldrin.
      What we expect from all of our Members:
      In short, “Be excellent to each other.” We’re not looking for members filled with drama and toxicity. We’re all friends here and while we may not all agree on a particular subject, it can be discussed in a friendly, constructive, and respectful manner. A good sense of humor is a must. We aren’t looking for Members who only log in on raid days. Other events will be on the calendar, as well, and we hope that you’ll sign up and attend.
      What we expect from our Raiders:
      Raiders are to sign up on the calendar for events. If you are going to be late or if you will be unable to attend at the last-minute, please notify the GM, Raid Lead or an Officer as soon as possible.
      Raiders are expected to log in approximately 15 minutes prior to raid start and be outside the raid with consumables and enhancements. We will provide feasts, cauldrons, and repairs. We can provide extra food, enchants, gems when available, all we ask for is either a monetary donation or help with crafting materials.
      Raiders are expected to be prepared with knowledge of raid mechanics, as well as class-specific knowledge. Know your strengths and weaknesses and be willing to openly receive and give helpful constructive criticism when needed.
      Raiders are expected to be progression-oriented, with the understanding that some mechanics/fights may take multiple attempts. We can’t progress through raids without everyone working as a team to try and work through the mechanics.
      Raiders who are capable of playing multiple classes/specs may be asked to switch to a more appropriate character to work through particular mechanics. We maintain a smaller roster and sometimes rotate people in based on fight specifications.
      Raid Days/Times: Wednesday/Friday at 8pm Server/9pm EST, possible carryover on Saturdays
      Roles Needed: Ranged DPS and/or multi-spec players
      We require:
      Discord
      Deadly Boss Mods
      Details! Damage Meter (preferred)
      If you think that we would be a good fit, please send a DM to Northeos, Nanami or Thawn. Or simply add us on Battle Tag.
      Thawn Btag MistFist#1340
      Northeos Btag Northe#1566
      Nanami Btag Tyannah#1566
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Discipline Priest Shadowlands Leveling Guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Holy Priest Shadowlands Leveling Guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Shadow Priest Shadowlands Leveling Guide.