Chazzx

Shadow Priest DPS - Tier 7 Talents and You

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

So we're 10 days into this and folks have had some time to get gear and do some testing on the Tier 7 Talents and secondary stat weights.

I'm curious how others are finding the talents, what secondary stats they're stacking with which talent and "how it feels" and some DPS numbers (Skada/Recount) on single target and multiple target fights.

I personally have (for now) settled on CoP and have been stacking Mastery and Multistrike as much as is possible at this point, and the single target numbers are steady around 16k DPS, at this time.  Multiple target fights, I find my DPS VERY weak compared to other classes and have been very disappointed with Mind Sear, and think it feels "broken", compared to what it used to be.

Overall, I'm a little disenchanted with what I'm seeing and wanted to get a sense for what others are experiencing.

You can see what I've got going on here 

Regards,

Chazzx

I have been running CoP as my Tier 7.  I've been running the Dot Weaving rotation on bosses and I like you think Mastery / Multistrike are the way to go.  With simcraft results it seems like mastery should be right behind Int and SP.  Our AoE damage is very depressing when comparing us to other classes.  A lot of the content seems to be AoE focused, which makes us look like poor performers.  My gear isn't all that great, my ilvl is around 629, I have just been assembling ilvl gear to get into heroics at this point and picking up what I can.  

Armory

I tried Auspicious Spirits, dotless CoP, and finally settled on CoP lite (as described in the Icy Veins guide to shadow). I didn't like the feeling of the dotless CoP, and I think since I enjoy CoP lite the most it's been the rotation I've had the most success with. I'm stacking multistrike first which has also increased my DPS. I'm raiding with my guild tonight so will see where I'm at then more accurately, but when our guild did a full 40 man of Molten Core I was around number 6, so I think I'm satisfied with the rotation. 

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/minnieheals/simple

Last night, we raided Highmaul and I was present for The Butcher and Brackenspore, and was pulling 15k steadily with CoP lite, so I don't think it's dead. I don't even have gems yet in my heroic blue gear. But playstyles vary and it just might be what works for me, who knows. 

After some testing... Stacking Haste (as much as possible) Mastery, then whatever else...

Butcher Log

Armory

Some gear has changed since that Log... but not much (Cloak definitely and maybe ring?).

Regards