MichaelTheys

what enchant is better for fire mage?

4 posts in this topic

dear,

wondering what enchant is better for weapon if you can't get jade one yet? is it elemental force of windsong? It's for a fire mage Posted Image

greetz

Edited by Damien

Elemental force is a 5ppm on damaging spells (both periodic and non-periodic as of 5.0.5). It hits for ~3k. So, this makes 15k damage per minute (250dps) theoretically. This has a pretty high proc rate, so let's say in practice ~200dps.

Windsong is 1ppm but also each proc is seperate (ie the haste/crit/mastery procs are not on the same 1ppm limitation, you effectively get 3ppm, but different buffs each time). In other words, for 2/5 (40%) of the fight you could theoretically have one of these buffs on. More likely to be ~25% of the fight per buff. (12 sec, 1 minute internal cooldown, not a huge proc rate, but you have a lot of DoTs/casts).

Windsong DPS boost is a bit harder to calculate but for a fire mage 1500 crit is godly - 2.5% crit. Haste gives you ~3.5% haste. Mastery gives you ~3%.

Now really only Crit and Haste of those are super good for a fire mage but mastery will give you a bit of power too. As for the DPS increase, well that depends on your other gear as to how much the crit/haste/mastery boost will benefit you. I personally feel that Windsong (especially at a higher gear set) will do a lot more for you than Elemental Force. I would love to see some actual simulations of formulaic proof either way, maybe a project for next week...

EDIT: Something else to keep in mind is that Windsong procs can overlap with trinkets/heroism/beserking/etc/etc/etc to multiply its effect. Elemental force is a flat damage proc. Everyone knows that stacking cooldowns results in the highest boost to effect, and the same is true for procs like windsong. If you get a proc while you have a bunch of other spell power/haste/etc cooldowns up you can get a pretty sick burst for 10+seconds.

Edited by midgettoes

Any clue if power torrent is any decent still? I have a ton of mats to make them and am not very satisfied with these enchants.

edit: I hear PT is better for locks right now. I need to look into this a little, it might just be cause of dem pets

~Sage

Edited by Sagetastic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Moonsugar
      My damage is low in mythic tos so I've switched to the more preferred spec of firestarter and kindling for some bosses. I have the Pyro bracers and the belt. Desperate to improve my damage. 
      Questions. 
      1.Should I use the bracer proc below 30 percent when I'm in the belt execute phase?
      2. Should I be waiting for Incanter's flow to be on five before using combustion (a bit like that old rogue ability (bandit's guile?)) or is it bad to wait?
      3. Should I be using conflag on fights where I have to switch target like Harjatan? 
      4. How do you deal with having to cancel a long pyro in movement fights?
      Any other advice on my spec/gearing/logs is welcome x 
      wowlogs link

• By capimeista
      hello everyone,
      i feel like im doing way to low dmg in my hc raids could some of you take a look at my logs and see if im doing something wrong.
      i already know my legendary ice time isnt the best but i dont have another.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dXFRr843LvBVNTpk/#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=5
      my thanks.
    • By zenek64
      Hi, I have a problem with my frost mage. I'm pissed, because  I really don't know how  I can improve my dps. I know the rotation, I've watched many guides and my dps is still low. 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/porandohito
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/porandohito
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Arcane Mage guide for Legion.