Pandacho

WeakAuras - fast start

1 post in this topic

Originally I wrote this guide for my raiding guildies, when we decided that it would be nice to use unificated announcements for different bosses mechanics.

WeakAuras is complicated enough addon to start from scratch, and I’m not sure that everyone is interested in it. So I focused the guide on using of already available strings and explanation of the base rules, so you’ll be able to adjust everything to your needs and start immediately.

Sorry for using my disc priest and not shaman for the screenshots ^^

1. IMPORT

[1] Download and install WeakAuras 2 (TWO)
[2] We’ll start from importing already prepared strings.
WA string for import may look in this way:

WA2_zpscc0e5bff.jpg

or this:

WA3_zps9a058a21.jpg

You don’t have to understand what are all these codes, just copy (CTRL+C) it from here.

[3] Type /wa in game to open this window:

WA1_zps9cc7e072.jpg

[4] Click on ‘Import’ button. This window will open:

WA4_zps2c3f6b6d.jpg

[5] Paste (CTRL+V) here the stuff you copied before and you’ll get this picture:

WA5_zps81bb76b2.jpg

You can see 2 windows here. In the bigger one we have a ‘row’ data, while in the small one you can read in ‘normal’ language and understand what exactly you’re going to import.
Do not press ‘Done’ button in the big window . To actually import the string, you have to press ‘Import’ button at the bottom of the small one.

[6] If you got something like this after pressing ‘Import’,

WA6_zps9cdc5742.jpg

don’t worry, just type /reloadui, and then type /wa after reload - you’ll get this proper picture:

WA7_zps612f6b50.jpg

2. ADJUSTING

But look at this! In the moment you closed the WA configuration, you don’t see anything on your screen anymore. What happened? The answer is that the string owner did not want to see the Cooldowns line out of combat.

Out of Combat:

WA8_zps72ee51e7.jpg

In Combat:

WA9_zps1534cacd.jpg

Let’s assume that we want to see the Cooldowns line always - it’ll be the part of our UI.

[1] Type /wa
[2] Click on ‘Priest CD Tracker’ line
[3] Click on ‘Load’ tab in the right side menu

Now you can see that ‘In Combat’ option is ticked.

WA10_zps60db23ea.jpg

Let’s talk about loading options now.

3. WHEN TO LOAD

I, personally, have a huge amount of different auras for all my toons. If I’ll try to load them together, they’ll occupy all the screen. So, one of the most important things in WA is knowing WHEN you want to track every one of your CDs.
As you can see on the previous screenshot, ‘Priest CD Tracker’ will appear only in combat and only when I’m playing on my priest toon.
The reason to tick ‘Player Class’, but untick ‘Talent specialization’ is the dynamic type of the class strings in WA. It contains all the priest CDs for all three specs, but load only relevant for your current spec.
Let’s change spec to shadow and untick ‘In combat’:

WA11_zps4575837b.jpg

WA12_zps35f51c58.jpg

As you can see, my Cooldowns line changed according to my new spec and I can see it when not in combat too.

Please, pay attention that ‘In combat’ option has three possibilities, not two:

[1] Load only in combat
WA14_zpsda469958.jpg
[2] Always loaded and on screen
WA13_zps191c252b.jpg
[3] Load only out of combat (hide when in combat)
WA15_zps464f98e1.jpg

With the option ‘Never’ you can save the strings that are not in use currently, but you don’t want to delete them completely for some reason.

Another options that we have in the ‘Load’ tab:

• Load in Pet Battle
  • Load for specific Player Name (for ex., you have 3 priests on your acc, but want to track CDs only for the one of them)
  • Load for specific Class / Spec / Talent selected
  • Load for Player Level with <, =, > operators (for ex., load for Shaman, spec Resto, level <70)
  • Load for specific Zone
  • Load in specific instance type - multiple choice (for ex., you can chose to load the Aura when in Arena+BG+Scenario, or Flex+10-man)
  • Load for specific dungeon difficulty (Challenge / Heroic/ LFR / Normal / Mythic )
  • Load for specific Dungeon Role (Tank / dd / Healer)

So, as you see, we can be very specific to prevent our screen from unneeded mess.
For example, I have a string for tracking Invis potion CD, that works only in combat, when I’m on priest in disc spec and doing CMs.
Useful smile.png

4. MOVING THE ICONS

When you import the string that somebody else wrote, it may happen that its positioning or size is not right for your UI.
I will show now how to move or resize the CDs icons and lines.

WA16_zps9e5653db.jpg

To start moving, you have to chose the group or specific CD from the left side menu. Just click on it and you’ll get a border around corresponding group or icon. Grab it with mouse and drag wherever you want.

If you want to resize one icon from the group, click on ‘+’ which is below the Group Name in the left side menu and then click on the icon name.
Grab the icon’s corner and resize. Here is your resized icon in the line:

WA17_zpsb9f3cd5f.jpg

If you have a single CD icon, you can reposition and resize it in the same time:

WA18_zpsc3243455.jpg

5. ICONS’ EDITING

Let’s imagine that you need a CD tracking for your Stone Bulwark Totem and can’t find it in any place. But you already have the Aura for your Healing String Totem and all that you actually need is to copy it and change the tracked spell.

WA19_zps0aae7c4f.jpg

On the upper part you can see the WA icon of my Healing Stream Totem, signalizing that the totem is not on CD and ready to use.
On the lower part you can see the totem icon on the left side, saying that it’s currently active and how many time remains before it’ll expire, and a timer on the right side, saying how many time remains until the Totem will be off CD for the next usage.

My Healing totem Aura is actually a Group of two auras - one that shows Totem icon when it’s not on CD and the other is a timer that shows the remaining CD time.

Let’s make the same Aura Group for the Stone Bulwark Totem.

[1] Type /wa
[2] Find the group you want to copy from
[3] Click on it to highlight
[4] Right mouse click on the line and choose ‘Export to string’ in the dropdown menu.

• Expand the group by clicking on the ‘+’ below the Group name.
  • Rename every one of the auras like we did it for the Group
  • Highlight the ‘Stone Totem Timer’ line
  • Press ‘Display’ tab in the right side menu
  • In the ‘Display Text’ section change ‘Stream’ to ‘Stone’, press ‘Accept’

Looks good. The only problem we got now is that our new Aura placed in exactly same spot as the old one (we copied it, right?). So, just drag all the Group to any other place as we learned in the previous section.

You’ll get this in configuration mode:

WA26_zps4bd6b262.jpg

And this in game mode:

WA27_zpsbc6d4594.jpg

6. SINGLE AURA EDITING

This is easier smile.png
For example I want to add a tracking for the ‘Unleash Elements’ spell from my ‘Healing Rain’ Aura.
My HR Aura has a custom picture instead of a standard spell icon and its timer is shown as a fading color instead of numbers.

[1] Find ‘Healing Rain’ line in the left side menu, highlight it and press ‘Duplicate’

WA28_zpsf001ff06.jpg

[2] Change the name of your copy and move it, if you don’t want it in the same place as Healing Rain icon
[3] Change the name in the ‘Spell’ section of ‘Trigger’ tab to ‘Unleash Elements’

WA29_zps82cb3b5a.jpg

[4] Go to ‘Display’ tab, press ‘Choose’ button in the ‘Foreground Texture’ section, choose the Icon section for the pictures and whatever picture you like there.

WA30_zps4c0af6c2.jpg

Our ‘Unleash Elements’ Aura is ready to use.

WA31_zpscb8c43cb.jpg

You can change Color, Opacity, etc. in the ‘Display’ tab. But it’s easy - no need to explain here.

7. ACTIONS TAB

This is the place to add Chat messages, Sounds, Button Glow to your auras. The tab is divided to 2 sections: ‘On Show’ and ‘On Hide’ with the same options.
Just play with the options if you want your Auras to shout and glow.

That’s all for now. A very basic guide that shows you how to adjust the WA strings to your needs. smile.png

Edited by Pandacho
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tiqqle
      Hi ya'll - My Mission is to a make EVERYONE comfortable in PvP and have FUN knowing they're playing their class well, and are able to help contribute to the team. This should decrease the amount of griefers, salty dogs, ragers, and quitters in PvP throughout arena / bgs!! It's my goal <3
      Pushing towards that I wanted to share a PvP Guide I've put together breaking down talents, honor talents, and how to do the rotation for Elemental Shaman. I hope it helps you guys and gives you an edge in PvP. I'll be putting together some more to help break more pieces of PVP.
      Elemental shaman are at the BEST place they've been in for PATCHES!! So it's a great time to push rating and try some different comps out!! 
      My top 3v3 comps:
      1) Boom + Ele + MW/Hpal
      2) Destro + Ele + Heals
      3) Sub + Ele + HPriest
      4) Ele + War + Rdruid
      5) Spriest + Ele + Heals
      My top 2v2 comps - anything other than these is kind too hard to handle with how often there are melee in 2v2.
      1) MW + Ele
      2) Rogue + Ele
      3) Ele + Rdruid
      4) Ele + Hpriest
      Let me know what works for you and what doesnt!!
      The future guides will include
      1) Arena Guide - dealing with positioning, when to do damage, communicating , and key addons that will help you
      2) Battleground Guide - what specs work for each map, little tips and tricks per map type, and how to communicate with your teammates well
      3) UI - reviewing how different UI setups can REALLY enhance your pvp gameplay
      4) Keybinds and Macros - Trying to call out the little changes you can make that can make a big difference, and things you may not be thinking about for Macros/keybinds that could blow your mind.
      -Tiqqle
    • By Pain
      Hello guys i would like to share my weakauras for each healing class, hope you like it ;)
      Any feedback is appreciated
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      New to Weakauras ?
      You can download it here :
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras-2
      Copy - paste the code of which you can find down below  (Import string) On the wago.io webpage links you can find a copy string button on the right, colored red.
      Like this :  When ingame type /wa to open the control panel of weakaura. Select "import" Paste the string from the wago webpage into this. A screen will pop-up and select the import button on it. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Update Log :
      17-06-17 : Alot of changes to the Shaman Healing tool and a few to the Druid Healing tool.
      26-06-17 : Massive update for Holy palading Healing tool !
      01-07-17 : Massive update for Holy Priest Healing tool !
      16-07-17 : Big improvement for the Druid Healing tool. 
      29-07-17 : Shaman healing tool now supports legendary's and trinkets from 7.2.5
      25-08-17 : Massive update for Disc Priest healing tool 
      26-08-17 : Tuned Paladin and Druid healing tool and some small improvements
      02-09-17 : Small update for Holy Priest healing tool
      15-09-17 : Shaman healing tool now supports PvP feature's and some tuning to Paladin healing tool
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Shaman Druid Paladin Priest Monk ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Starting off with the shaman  ↓
      Shaman 

Resto Shaman - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/SJAG4cTub        ←
      Resto Shaman - Small Healing Tool
      If you prefer a smaller setup, you might like this one. (But doesnt cover everything)

Import string :  https://wago.io/H1SpVcaOZ        ←
      Resto Shaman - Cooldowns

Import string : https://wago.io/r1JWBcp_Z       ←
      Resto Shaman - Usable cooldowns

Import string :  https://wago.io/S1u7HqpdZ       ←

Druid 
      Druid - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/H1ZvS9p_b       ←

Druid - Cooldowns

Import string : https://wago.io/rJnjBqaOZ        ←

Paladin
      Paladin - Healing tool

Import string : https://wago.io/BkQJU96dZ        ←

Paladin - Cooldowns

Import string :  https://wago.io/rJibIqTdZ       ←
      Paladin - Light of Dawn info *additional*

Import string : https://wago.io/HyrN6y4YZ         ←
      Priest
      Holy Priest - Healing Tool

Import string : https://wago.io/H1PU8qa_Z        ←
      Holy Priest - Cooldowns

Import string :  https://wago.io/HJvY89au-       ←
      Holy Priest - Trail of light Talent Tracker *Additional*

Import string :  https://wago.io/EyclhaZuZ        ←

Disc Priest - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/SyCn89TdZ        ←

Monk
      Since i know little about monk healing, i do not feel like ill be the right person to try and make a weakaura
      for the monk, but i've got a link from someone else his. Since i still want to be some what helpfull to
      any healing class.
      https://wago.io/4yaTFmN6G        ←
      *credits to Emarline*
    • By Sharken808
      Hey guys,
      Before you start any transmog farm ensure you have the following addons:
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/lootappraiser
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/tradeskill-master
      The farm i will be doing is located in the vanilla blackwing lair raid,
      This can be done with only a few characters as you require 2 things:
      - A way to drop combat such as invisibility or feign death
      - Magical damage such as arcane explosion for mages or hunter trap 
      the best option is still to use mage and even better would be a nightelf mage as you would have shadowmeld and invisibility.
      A detailed video on any information you may need.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiboRlLf-zY
      Thanks for your time and i hope you get some nice stuff.
    • By Adjourner
      There are two variants for this build and depending on preference: Grim Scythe (stable dps) or the Devour (burst dps)
      Briggs' Wrath + Avarice Band+ Goldwrap + Boon of the Hoarder + Frailty Aura of Frailty +Life from Death creates a giant aura (that is almost the size of the screen) to pull all the enemies towards you, to paint an easy target for devastation.

Skills:
      Grim Scythe variant:
      Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Corpse Lance Brittle Touch (single target burst) or Corpse Explosion Close Quarters (multi-target burst) Bone Armor Dislocation Blood Rush Potency Land of the Dead (I prefer Frozen Lands to stop goblin hoards) Frailty Aura of Frailty Devour variant:
      Devour Cannibalize Corpse Explosion Close Quarters Bone Armor Dislocation Blood Rush Metabolism (Speed) or Blood Rush Potency (Survivability) Land of the Dead Shallow Graves Frailty Aura of Frailty *Note: Corpse Lance isn't recommended for this build. Also this variant is better playing with a team is because it's a double edged sword, it's easy to have the flow stop when there aren't a good supply of elites coming your way and you will feel like you're dead in the water. However it is a choice for the Grim Scythe build due to the consistent damage that grim scythe itself can deal.
      Passives:
      Stand Alone Spreading Malediction Life from Death (Survivability) or Blood is Power (Additional CD reduction) Swift Harvesting (Grim Scythe) or Blood is Power (Devour) - Until the bugged Fueled by Death is fixed  
      Items:
      Weapon: In-geom
      Off-Hand: Leger's Disdain (grim scythe build) or Lost Time (speed)
      Set: Inarius's Conviction + Inarius's Martyrdom + Inarius's Perseverance + Inarius's Reticence + Inarius's Understanding + Inarius's Will
      Necklace: Wisdom of Kalan
      Belt: Goldwrap
      Ring #1: Krysbin's Sentence
      Ring #2: Avarice Band or Briggs' Wrath (whichever rolled better)
      *Note: For your items, I suggest getting additional gold/health glob pick up area to add to the passive affects that we're wanting to boost
      Kunai Cube:
      Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
      Avarice Band or Briggs' Wrath (whichever wasn't rolled very well with)
      Aquila Cuirass or Grasps of Essence (depending if you're using corpse explosion - also note I suggest adding Flawless Royal Diamond to some sockets to add some resistance if you're giving up the damage reduction)
      Legendary Gems:
      Bane of the Trapped
      Boon of the Hoarder
      Gogok of Swiftness (Grim Scythe) or Wreath of Lightning (Speed)
      Gems:
      Helm: Flawless Royal Diamond
      Everywhere Else: Flawless Royal Diamond (Survivability) or Flawless Royal Topaz (Damage)

Rotations:
      Grim Scythe variant:
      Keeping Bone Armor on cooldown, this is the most important thing for this build to work because of the damage reduction and damage boost you get for the set bonus Corpse Lance/Corpse Explosion is used against the champions, rares and uniques. Land of the Dead will be used when during large encounters/boss fights. Blood Rush will be used for traveling/utility (especially when In-geom is procced). Grim Scythe will be used in all other cases. Devour variant:
      Bone Armor (keeping on cooldown), to get things started. Land of the Dead to start building your momentum when your 1st elite pack shows up. Corpse Explosion  you'll be using as your main point of dps because you'll be dragging everything on the screen towards you, piling towards the center to deliver devastating splash damage. Blood Rush + Devour in sync will be used as your movement utility, which during your In-geom proccing will make Devour almost needed because of how quick you'll be moving and how quickly your health will drain. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Reference for a standard ancient only build: https://www.d3planner.com/236420675
      Reference for a perfected build: https://www.d3planner.com/376141709

• By Kazistrasz
      I already know how to make a progress bar that will simply track how much time is left on my DoTs on my target and tick down.

What I want to do is create a progress bar for my DoTs that will track their duration as being out of a fixed number (say, 24 seconds), instead of always updating the maximum of the bar to be whatever the duration of the DoT was when it was last applied.

Basically this is what I want:  http://imgur.com/ltzKg11
      Please help!