FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Storm's Unholy Rotation Helper (Weak Auras)

Hi, regarding the cd string, anyone else`s still showing the defile icon, even when its on cd?  ive tried reinstalling, deleteing the string, everything, but so far, 2 or 3 seconds after i cast defile, the icon pops again....

Also, is it intentional for Plague leech to be priority even when outbreak isnt ready?  it keeps telling me to plague leech, then reapply with plague strike. i was under the assumption that you plagueleech`d  then reapplied with outbreak??

@Gaz are you on an english client? Defile should only show up when it's off cooldown. I'm pretty sure the only condition I have set on that one is to track if the defile spell is on cooldown, and display the icon whenever it's ready.

Plague leech should be used on cooldown, even if you plague leech and then immediately plague strike you're still gaining 1 rune. The aura will tell you to plague leech whenever it's available, diseases are on the target, and enough runes are on CD to gain 2 runes from leeching. it will then immediately tell you to reapply diseases with either outbreak if it's available, or plague strike.

@Gaz are you on an english client? Defile should only show up when it's off cooldown. I'm pretty sure the only condition I have set on that one is to track if the defile spell is on cooldown, and display the icon whenever it's ready.

Plague leech should be used on cooldown, even if you plague leech and then immediately plague strike you're still gaining 1 rune. The aura will tell you to plague leech whenever it's available, diseases are on the target, and enough runes are on CD to gain 2 runes from leeching. it will then immediately tell you to reapply diseases with either outbreak if it's available, or plague strike.

Hi, regarding the cd string, anyone else`s still showing the defile icon, even when its on cd?  ive tried reinstalling, deleteing the string, everything, but so far, 2 or 3 seconds after i cast defile, the icon pops again....

Also, is it intentional for Plague leech to be priority even when outbreak isnt ready?  it keeps telling me to plague leech, then reapply with plague strike. i was under the assumption that you plagueleech`d  then reapplied with outbreak??

Hi Storm,

thank you for this Code! Its really amazing! I have the same Error with the Defile Icon. I cast it, just seconds later it appear again on the screen. If I do Scourge/Festering Strike it disappears for seconds and appears again after i hit the buttons.

Sorry for my English :)

Updates 12/24/14:

- Thought I had done more to track Necrotic plague already, but apparently I did it for Frost, but not Unholy. all abilities that had blood plague conditions now also have the same condition for necrotic plague

- Added Death and Decay to cd's aura in place of Defile when using Necrotic Plague

- Added an extra icon/condition for Festering strike and made it high priority when Necrotic Plague has < 10 seconds remaining.

- Added Unholy presence tracker to CD's aura (Don't ask me why I sometimes switch to blood presence to tank the boss for 15 secs during a wipe, but when I do I almost always forget to switch back to unholy on the next pull)

- Added Death Strike with a Dark Succor condition. It's a free attack, and there are a lot of add fights, so I figured we may as well track it for some free dps and heals.

- If using Plague Leech and Necrotic Plague, you will only be told to plague leech if there is less than 5 seconds remaining on Necrotic Plague. I need to to more testing to figure out proper usage for plague leech with necrotic plague, but I'm assuming leeching a full 15 stack necrotic is a bad idea.

Are this changes already on First Post strings or you still testing them?

Hi Storm,

thank you for this Code! Its really amazing! I have the same Error with the Defile Icon. I cast it, just seconds later it appear again on the screen. If I do Scourge/Festering Strike it disappears for seconds and appears again after i hit the buttons.

Sorry for my English smile.png

I had this same problem as well and couldn't find anything wrong in the triggers.

Edit: I remade the aura and now it works correctly. The saved aura seems to have gotten corrupted. I didn't look at the saved LUA before deleting it but there is definitely something wrong there.

Edited by Gawwad

The reason people are seeing the Defile when it's on cooldown is probably because of the latest update to Weak Auras having issues with Omni CC. At least according to Weak Auras patch notes: 

"Benjamin Staneck:

- cleanup
Infus:
    - Fix cooldown not showing if show was triggerd by a secondary trigger
    This seems to be caused by OmniCC. That is I can't reproduce the bug
    without OmniCC enabled. Poking around OmniCC didn't produce any clue
    on why it is buggy. Calling SetCooldown immediately prior to calling
    show does though, fix the bug without apparently breaking the non
    OmniCC case."

Great work on this WeakAura...many thanks! I am also seeing the Defile issue recently on the UK version of the game. I reinstalled weakauras...and also reimported the string, but the problem still exists. I do not use OmniCC, and the same thing is happening on 2 different computers for me...just an FYI :)

Made an account just to say thanks!

Would really love an AOE version of this or a clever way to combine the two. Very nice job - don't want to see the thread die, because it is excellent.

Also seeing the defile bug, however it is also affecting my other cds such as potion, blood fury racial and scabbard of kyanos trinket cooldowns - they show even if they are still on cd. not sure!

Edited by yinne

I've updated my AoE addition to work with leech/defile just fine, based on Storm's latest (I redid the Leech logic to just look for any two runes being fully depleted, added different "fillers", etc). It *functions* with leech/np, but I don't like the result at my gear level (655ish), and suspect necroblight would probably work better... but am happy using leech/defile rotation for the cleave fights, and don't really have a progression fight that necroblight would help for, so I'm not developing that right now.

I'll upload it tonight for people to use if they also happen to find it helpful.

Definitely would find it useful.

Currently trying to merge both of your WA to make one - it shows scourge strike AND bb if there is a death rune (and the other combination of runes), so you have the choice to use bb if you are in multi target, or ss if in single target. Only hard part is if 1 blood and 1 frost is up, there is a choice between festering and bb/icy touch which would look weird on the prio list...

I've added Blood Tap and changed priority slightly for Storm's original single target one. Currently working on a single/multitarget all in one solution but yeah it isn't easy to do it as I want it to. Trying to get something more like CLC Ret was - main prio icon + the next one next to it, so you can see which spell is coming up after you hit the first one - trouble is RP/Rune gains that screws with it a bit. Not too sure about the LUA coding for it all...

Definitely would find it useful.

Currently trying to merge both of your WA to make one - it shows scourge strike AND bb if there is a death rune (and the other combination of runes), so you have the choice to use bb if you are in multi target, or ss if in single target. Only hard part is if 1 blood and 1 frost is up, there is a choice between festering and bb/icy touch which would look weird on the prio list...

That's actually a good idea, I could just have BB and Scourge Strike show up at the same time.

In the case of 1 blood and 1 frost you'll almost always want to festering strike in that situation just to keep them turning into death runes. once you have 4 death runes you can keep spamming blood boil if it's an aoe situation since it will keep them as death runes.

• Like 1

Awesome WA but for some reason when using the CD one it keeps telling me to use defile even though it is on CD and has already been placed :/

In a heavy AoE situation (I'd need to check numbers, but the threshold is probably 3-4 targets), Icy Touch + Blood Boil is more damage than a Festering. Icy Touch also converts the rune to a death rune, which is why it's worth considering. (The value of Festering extending disease durations is lower in AoE situations because unholy runes become less valuable, so PS is cheap... so even that doesn't make it worthwhile.)

That ignores the value of an early BB to get diseases ticking on everyone. It's not sensible to make WA handle that for you, but I personally find it easy to throw in for myself.

Storm, I found that I wanted a different set of conditions for triggering PL in AoE situations. (Any time you have two depleted runes, specifically).

Yeah with 1 frost + 1 blood, a bloodboil + icy touch would out dps a festering with 4 targets up. And the icy touch rune is then a death rune for another bb.

shows how little I've been playing unholy lately. I didn't even know icy touch converted the runes to a death rune. I'll need to add another condition to the aura for icy touch then, because I do occasionally find myself in a situation where I've been blood boiling for aoe and get left with 1-2 frost runes.

I'll check out the defile issue tonight too. I've been really busy trying to recruit people for my new raid team, and I've been mostly tanking even though I'm really trying to not tank this expansion, so I haven't put a lot of work into the auras in the last week or so.

• Like 1

Not to worry, it's just nice that others are working on this idea too! :)

Did some extensive testing today and the defile issue also shows for a blood fury icon i also created in the cooldowns tab. I'm pretty sure I copied the defile WA to create the blood fury one. will take a look.

I updated the CD's string. try that one out and see if it still has the defile issue. I didn't import that one to see what was different, but the string was different from what i was using.

• Like 1

Recreated aura for defile and blood fury completely. Both still have the bug, so its something on Blizz/WA end. I don't use omniCC (as this was mentioned in this threat as a potential cause).

Doesn't look like there is anything we can do with it yet.

It could also be something to do with the Death and Decay aura. That one should only load if you have necrotic plague selected as a talent, but if it does load for some reason it will display as defile if you have defile selected as a talent. but since death and decay is technically never on cooldown it will continue to load. I was thinking that may have been the issue, but every instance of Defile and DnD in both the frost and unholy auras look ok to me.

• Like 1

I updated the CD's string. try that one out and see if it still has the defile issue. I didn't import that one to see what was different, but the string was different from what i was using.

Defile still seems bugged for me :( Apart from that these are awesome to use :D

I wasn't using the latest version of weak auras, and as soon as I updated I began having the defile issue too. I still don't know why it happened, but I found a work around. i just switched defiles trigger type from spell cooldown to action useable. The new aura is updated in the first post and will fix the issue with defile popping up all the time.

• Like 1

I wasn't using the latest version of weak auras, and as soon as I updated I began having the defile issue too. I still don't know why it happened, but I found a work around. i just switched defiles trigger type from spell cooldown to action useable. The new aura is updated in the first post and will fix the issue with defile popping up all the time.

Working better now smile.png As defile should be used when the boss is standing still it works nicely but finding a way to show its off CD and that you should save runes for it could be nice.

Little quality of life thing I've changed (Might just be me that likes this) is to enable the summon ghoul icon out of combat.  Its the worst not having your ghoul put and only realizing after pulling.

Edit: Also maybe have it so that if both blood and frost runes are off CD (or both UH runes are off CD) but you are close to capping RP when your ghoul is transformed it priorities the rune abilities (Scourge Strike/Festering Strike).  I'd assume this would be better as rune abilities do more damage and can be recharging / benefit from the Tier 4 talents after being used :) (Also its an extra GCD not using death coil which could be the second you dark transformation turns back into a ghoul and thus giving you an extra stack faster)

When your ghoul is not transformed this might not be the best priority as I'm not sure how 1 stack of shadow infuson compares to the extra second of rune CD's but its something to possibly look into :D

Keep up the good work

Edited by Lewie4