FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Storm's Unholy Rotation Helper (Weak Auras)

Changing Blood Fury to the action usable also fixes that bug. Nice spot!

Ghoul up I also changed to be shown out of combat too.

Lewie, you should never get to the point where two rune pairs are off cd and your are about the cap rp. If you do, it is lost damage whatever you do so you must be clever enough to make that choice - remember this WA will get you about 75% of the max DPS single target only - as it isn't easy to predict the rotation and rp/rune changes.

Edit: What I mean by that is it is hard to get this WA to be 100% perfect and it is simple enough as it is now to be a good learning tool for new players.

Edited by yinne

I wasn't using the latest version of weak auras, and as soon as I updated I began having the defile issue too. I still don't know why it happened, but I found a work around. i just switched defiles trigger type from spell cooldown to action useable. The new aura is updated in the first post and will fix the issue with defile popping up all the time.

Storm, can you add to this WA, the following: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1675354-Reaping-Bug-Explained

also when can we expect a version for AoE?

Thank you, doing this for the community btw, it really helped me out alot

Edited by Lusitan

Storm, can you add to this WA, the following: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1675354-Reaping-Bug-Explained

also when can we expect a version for AoE?

Thank you, doing this for the community btw, it really helped me out alot

This is a bug. Which you shouldn't be abusing, and shouldn't be getting used to using in a normal rotation.

It will be fixed in 6.1

Noxius, how did you fix this- I still can't import due to this error.

You need to delete any lines or spaces at the start of the string you paste into the import field in Weak Auras.

Noxius, how did you fix this- I still can't import due to this error.

You must select all not by pressing 2 times on a text, select from the beginning to the end by mouse and then copy and all ok.

It does support necrotic plague and will tell you to festering strike to refresh NP, but I never added UB to it, but I'll add that to the list of things to update.

• Like 1

It does support necrotic plague and will tell you to festering strike to refresh NP, but I never added UB to it, but I'll add that to the list of things to update.

Im curious about when it will say to refresh necrotic, necrotic plague isn't truly "refreshed' by festering, festering only adds 8-9 seconds to the remaining duration. Therefore its in your advantage to spam festering early on a build a large duration. However, once necrotic drops below 10 ish seconds its no longer worthwhile to "Refresh' it as you will have to almost immediately do it again. 

So the lowest refresh that's worthwhile is really 15 ish seconds, beyond that you would let it fall off and refresh with unholy blight.

tl,dr: you want your necrotic plague duration to be greater than the remaining CD on unholy blight

i got this WA from an early update in Skullflowers Guide, i use it in conjunction with Storm Weak aura, but haven't found a perfect breakout point when i need to change from one to another, im changing when it shows 3 FS left

dK0hpaGikHlPQcgfe6uqWRGuQzjQYTevLDbr(LQk0WGOoMQILrs1ZevAAQQkxtLKTPIQVrsuJdqoNOI3rsO5bPeUhjL2NOQQdQIYcvjEOkstuLuxuvPnQQI(ijfJeq5KQQ0kvPEjjbZuvv1nHusTtv4NqkgQkILcO6PctvvUkjPwlKsYCjjYEv(lKmyQomPwmL0JbAYK4YsTza(mknAu40GwnKs0RvvLztXTfLDd1VLy4uQLlPNJQPtCDr2ojjFNs04HuDEu06fvv2pY7ZEl07nzbFH6iHms5Guo5t98XQ8buRBKxKTqzHYElyRflxam0a8FrRqZX7S)VaD0aaaVLDKp1rczKro3Zpx9piNtUQ8vlQnlSGFmT7fkmX6miiBTKSxWenaaWBz)8kKp)8R(3vQd0vaP()U6Z5dq((35lA0T1yLwzwxavwCCYpQ6ll0kkqbwWAdkPczz7kFVjl4TbWjfiww8)V)8TWsOIWyhab0cCk7vHSSDLVJply0qwgY(PkdeqFYfzvoNCvzGYv9Coh5biF)dOfMIwzVfkqaaGGjJWCVfzjJa3BYKfvnyV3ISKrG7nzYIeVrbA0C(cPM6fI20yzVfzjJa3BYKfGgnNV3coeZA6fx)9ShWuHJFvdWEtwulMEVfzjJa3BYKjtwaU3o(S3cPczz76ElQDMgIHywuf7UQLsDbAXIANPHyiMDX5l42TXCOZ6D85Zv5auols8gvTZ0qmeZoRls4wvnwwOtszrI3O4mkwIg8USOvvJLfNwkgLILyYpPwyRnNtoIHDBmiSiXBujmu2LfjEJIB3gZHoR3Lfct7Ebx0sIVGZOyjAWl4mkwIg8PLIrPyjEbyIlLmumGk9cbM1ktwaOGLfFr3U2CULAMly0qwgYouhOfMIwzVfI20yzVfCiM107i3fzjJa3Bh5UltMSa0O589wWHywtV46VN9aMkC8RAa2BYIeVrjAtJLDzHceaaiyYim3BrwYiW9Mmzrvd27Tilze4EtMSOwm9ElYsgbU3Kjls8gf3Ub3LfC7gCVfCiM107i3fzjJa3Bh5UltMSiXBuGLmRAzxwK4nkqJMZ3LjlauWsaZVEhFaAHcKBB0mdrd(hFXpyVO2SWc(X0Uxabl4fqLfQgZOyys(fdKLHSqROafybRnOKkKLTR892XN9wivilBx3BHW0UxWfTK4ls4wvnwwOtszrRQglloduGfm5QMRTA6f8K1wvnwoP2aGOVio57)))IeVrXTBJ5qN17YcUDBmh6SEhF(CvoaLZcEYARQglrcaai6lqD6zXdv8od4VfjEJkHHYUSiHHYcBJMzxxaM4sjdfdOsVqGzTYKfjSuHSSDDVfC72yo0z9o(85QCakNjtMSWsOIWyhQd0IewQqw2UU3cUDBmh6SEhF(CvoaLZKf4u2Rczz7kFhQVqbYrltyqbQQExwWfn4F8tkqSS40VhVVaFYouFVfGjUuYEn6YcajmOalyercjKqGUjNCYj3ua1gYtwdrxL8ipz96uvlWcopYtw)I1wnTc5QLC10sy3gZPLIrPyjgrlunMrXWK8lgildXceur6MCYjNCtbuBipzf4TwH5zc5QL8K1q0vH88NCKjxJvihXK1q0vHC0M8K1RtvTalyeiVujxnT8GznIiOI0n5Kto5McO2qo2(6uvlWcopYX2Fr3gwBo5QLCEBAqbXZZJCvJHY1T1eaaiAHORSTyrEKBXrdwlceK8tmA2uBrEKJHM8i3cBJMzxTabeOBYjNCYnfqTHCS9PLewixTKJT)IUnS2CY1yfYrmtlmqktJoIjRaV1kmptipFKJT)IUnS2Cei)hj)CeiVujhz6MCYjN8AlPkM8mTWajaMsPIiYiDfAJTpTKWcc0n5Kto5nwHUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUjNCYjNUP7fsfYY219wimT7fGjUuYwaM4sjdLW0UxWfTK4latCPKHIbuPxiWSwzbyIlLSfasyqbwWiIesiHaDto5KtUPaQnKNSgIUk5rEY61PQwGfCEKNS(fRTAAfYvl5QPLWUnMtlfJsXsmIwOAmJIHj5xmqwgIfiOI0n5Kto5McO2qEYkWBTcZZeYvl5jRHORc55p5itUgRqoIjRHORc5On5jRxNQAbwWiqEPsUAA5bZAerqfPBYjNCYnfqTHCS91PQwGfCEKJT)IUnS2CYvl5820GcINNh5QgdLRBRjaaq0crxzBXI8i3IJgSweii5Ny0SP2I8ihdn5rUf2gnZUAbciq3Kto5KBkGAd5y7tljSqUAjhB)fDByT5KRXkKJyMwyGuMgDetwbERvyEMqE(ihB)fDByT5iq(ps(5iqEPsoY0n5Kto51wsvm5zAHbsamLsfrKr6k0gBFAjHfeip)jhz6M8gRq3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt3Kto5Kt309cqgn4Fls2kAPNSaqbll(IUDT5Cl1mxWOHSmKDOoqlmfTYEleTPXYEl4qmRP3rUlYsgbU3oYDxMmzbOrZ57TGdXSMEX1Fp7bmv44x1aS3KfjEJs0Mgl7YcfiaaqWKryU3ISKrG7nzYIAX07Tilze4EtMSOQb79wKLmcCVjtwK4nkUDdUll42n4El4qmRP3rUtwK4nkWsMvTSlls8gfOrZ57YKfakyjG5xVJpaTqbYTnAMHOb)JV4haxuBwyb)yA3lGGf8cDskZ6cTIcuGfS2GsQqw2UY3BYclHkcJDOoqlsyPczz76ElatCPKTaqcdkWcgrKqcjeOBYjNCYRTKQyYLAQP7gRq30nDt3twGtzVkKLTR8D8zbuzXpBU0viML8tljSSqbYTnAM)cwWl(flDfGgSvPFblyUkXTBJbLsRfg)HHSmeuaAU0viMffxQW)6fCrd(h)Kcello97X7lWNSJC3Bb6ObaaEl7i3ZxivilBx3Bbx0G)HcIbuwawsyzrXsmAWgM7YcSoRrbXakl0PQErcdLfIUY2YcWexkzOyav6fcmRvwG1znFVD8zXrdwlceK8tmA2upzHsBnbaWJPDVayNbC06FQ6)pzHDTWwBo)KAdc5WcEhiVaqbll(IUDT5Cl1mxWOHSmKDOoqlmfTYEleTPXYElYsgbU3o(KZUmzYcqJMZ3BbhIzn9IR)E2dyQWXVQbyVjls8gLOnnwM1fkqaaGGjJWCVfzjJa3BYKf1IP3BrwYiW9Mmzrvd27Tilze4EtMSiXBuGLmRAzxwK4nkqJMZ3LjlauWsaZVEhFaAHcKBB0mdrd(hFXpyVO2SWc(X0Uxabl4fAmmtlWcEVfzAiEVf21M3YcRLegSNmzbuzXXjK)GzDDHLqfHXouhOf4u2Rczz7kFhFwOvuGcSG1gusfYY2v(EtwOa52gnZFbl4f)ILUcqd2Q0VGfmxL42TXGsP1cJ)WqwgckCdwlce02Ozt9cUOb)JFsbILfN(949f4tMSqv74Z)uh5jBa

Basically use FS on F/B/D runes and U runes on SS until NP is higher than UB CD, then switch to normal UH rotation. use UB on CD, this should keep NP at 15 stack forever

Storm, you mind making a video of how this aura looks like in action?  Just on some target dummies.  I don't have a DK I can test it on, and would like to see how it looks so I can make something similar.

Storm, you mind making a video of how this aura looks like in action?  Just on some target dummies.  I don't have a DK I can test it on, and would like to see how it looks so I can make something similar.

I can't provide a video, but it looks very similar to CLCRet for ret pallies so if you know what that looks like in action then you know how these weak auras look. 

(posting this since you hadn't gotten a reply yet)

First of all, thanks for all your work. 

Is this WA rotation more accurate than Ovale Spell Priority addon? I think im doing a bit more DPS with Ovale, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

First of all, thanks for all your work. 

Is this WA rotation more accurate than Ovale Spell Priority addon? I think im doing a bit more DPS with Ovale, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Hey Fastbrek,

I didn't use Ovale but rather CLCDK and noticed the same thing. 2-3k DPS lower using the weak auras compared to CLC. I ran them both together to see what the difference was and noticed with the weak auras there were much fewer festering strikes coming up in the rotation. I edited the trigger to get rid of everything but the rune requirement and the cooldown progress. Once I made those changes it was on par with CLC and I got the 2-3k DPS back. I am using defile though so the changes I made should be fine. Not sure how that would affect things if you have necrotic plague.

is festering strike higher priority now than scourge strike? I haven't even played unholy in over a month, but I've been meaning to switch back to it because of the amount of aoe fights in BRF

• Like 1

Not really. However, if you are playing the Necroblight (NP + UB) playstyle, then you may want to spend some death runes on festering strike to extend NP duration until UB comes off cooldown. Usually it is around 2-3 festering strikes per cycle (varies on haste and other effects and probably none under heroism) where you want to use death runes. 

So for a WA, I think a good check could be something like, if NP duration is less than 10 (or even 15 to be safe) and UB cooldown is greater than that then use FS irrespective of rune type.

Edited by drumsmani

is festering strike higher priority now than scourge strike? I haven't even played unholy in over a month, but I've been meaning to switch back to it because of the amount of aoe fights in BRF

the thing is that most DK's are now playing Necroblight Rotation, and your rotation is still the old normal ST Rotation.

Necroblight is also ST rotation but with passive AoE

the thing is that most DK's are now playing Necroblight Rotation, and your rotation is still the old normal ST Rotation.

Necroblight is also ST rotation but with passive AoE

That "old" rotation you are talking about is still the way to go on ST, especially gruul.

Up untill 6.1 is released only a few fights in BRF really benefit with UB/NP.

I find myself doing more dps with the UB/NP talents, then with PL/Defile.

We are currently on 8/10 HC.

I'm not that good at playing unholy yet, but my dps seems to get a little bit lower when using PL/Defile.

I might be doing something wrong tho

It all comes down to how good you are with a spec and what spec is best for X boss.

For example on gruul PL/Defile is better but on kromog UB/NP is better.

I know this thread is a bit old, but it was this thread that got me thinking about this and how badly I wanted to be able to show specific auras depending on the number of hostile targets there are. After quite a bit of research and learning how to code with lua and the wow api, I put this together with help from various places around the net

dqe8eaGiffpIuOUeOIgLk4ukQMLu6wks2fOmmPi6yqQLrQY0uv11ifSnPO8nfroNIOUNO0bjQfskKhsQmrOCrvQnQi0hHKgPueojP0kjYlvjMPIs3euHDcQ6NksnusvLLkv9uctvvUQQkBvks9wPizUsr1DjvL2RWFbmyQdlvwmPOhlIjdYLvAZQOplkgnK40k8AfbZwuDBvLDtYVHQHRsA5a9CiMUKRlsBxkmEqLoVk07jvf3Nuv1(rhOJxi(cbuiGIxissrk8V3c3keNPQKAGRomNs0000GBLcQOrkWHkdStCWVU6GglJHb86L1D5UFoLwfuioo95jYwXeN6)Kq)VztEY)rpP)Aqpn8xV4CQ)nlejPif(3BHB97kuxTHyBSQkef4itMfmEHOoEDdrsksH)fIKuKc)daLb0gIA8TqHyBSQcje6Mgo0i5hWStJkWDtFd)d4h8tu7SV7(BSqKKIu4Fa1XRBi2gRQcrsksH)fIZuvsnWvhGbd2CkrtttlJHb86L1D5UpRmggWRxw3L7EACqA9r)PennnnLOPPPZXt6YPbAbAP3gRQAbAbAbAbAbAHwKc1FAXAbAbAbYIS5BsDaDlnmyWMtjAAAAkrtttpoPP3gRQYMDgH(Dp7SayYWHmQ3ZqxOSkkrttttttttjAAAAAAA6XjTcVOlD4QQBOqoiJHb86L1D5UVfArku)PfBoDHYQOennnnnnnnnnnD1Pz(cBOqwW6GmggWRxw3L7(wOfPq9NwS5uIMMMMMMMEvquIMMMEvquIMMMMs0000Jt6TXQQSzN5h8AFayAVXMHUqzvuIMMMMMMMMs00000000N4G0JSvNM5lSmBPoiJHb86L1D5UFEl62PqtdHtjAAAAAAAAAAA6XjTmggWRxw3L7(MAOVzZcTifQ)0IrxOSkkrtttttttttttttttxDAMVWa3p8g7bzmmGxVSUl39TJ5uIMMMMMMMMMMMEvquIMMMMMMMEvquIMMMEvquIMMMgCRuqfDbMUuAvqrfIC8oO4fcOX55ijnVogVq8LMxJ4fvuHaSlzJxi(sZRr8IkQqKISaQTXcgAgIQlFvv8cXxAEnIxurfcq88nEH4lnVgXlQOIkeqdKR5DhfvxYeqcbCMecWnZax9oEDdXibxfIbuiKHGEGDjtybdrhe0Og4QUCGcCKjZcIeVOcbCN(8ezRa(PqRNgcHk97boYKzbrc4rhcObY18UJAtWvHqRQwWZUKT5AtWvinxwZr(Ooc0ePQAbbeQX1fuGcEfviqcHEWqdRjHHoenc4r)xp0rfb

this isnt 100% of what storm was asking for, but everything is there to check how many mobs (even if they share the same name) have been hit. This will also take into account adds dying and being added. 

This will, however; only keep track of adds that you have already hit. so you'll have to BB, DnD, etc at least once to start tracking the mobs. I hope this helps!

• Like 1

Awesome, I'll check it out sometime and see what I can do with it

• Like 1