FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoooz

Sub Rogue LF Help!

Well first off i looked on Shadowcraft and its simming me at about 25.9k I know I can do better. But i'm just not sure what i'm doing wrong atm. I need an experts help. 

This is my armory:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Zoost/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aKyCd6hVL3QxAtc9#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=5

I try not to use hemo as much since from what I've read it can be a dps loss.. I know for a fact I use it before putting up my first rupture up on my opening with shadow reflect.

I also don't know what it means to "hemo weave". 

<- Another (noob) sub rogue here..

I recently decided to start doing some PvE myself.

Since im most used to sub and according to most sub isn't that bad in PvE, I decided on reading up on PvE sub'ing, change my spec etc etc. I read every page to the letter in https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/subtlety-rogue-pve-dps-guide

And Shadowcraft simulates me at 22k dps with my current gear.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Shisatsu/simple

Hopefully by the time you see this armory will have updated and shows you my ilvl639 gear instead of my so called "pvp" gear.

Why am I only able to push 15k dps on a good boss encounter instead of 22k? :'(

For example I can get 15k on Brackenspore Normal since it's pretty much just stand all day dps until he drops with a few switches to adds.

However on Tectus Normal im at 10-11k dps.. because of well. Harder terrain more off-time I suppose.

When there are multiple targets I can understand why my dps drops since im simply not good enough to keep everything up and running on every mob etc. However when on Brackenspore where it's just for me to go at it, why am I at 15k? :/

Im opening with ambush, applying rupture only when 5 combopoints and about to go out, S&D when about to go out, making the best use out of find weakness with ambush/prep/shadowdance etc.

Im sorry if this post is a complete mess, it's really late. Im tired of getting picked on in raids because of my low dps :(
Thinking about going combat instead :S

@Stoooz:

~300 DPS loss is about movement in fights, normally. Remember that if you have downtimes, your DPS will fall. And you can't really be glued all time to the boss (specially butcher).

Drop a Hemo once it reaches ~6s to keep it's DoT running. Not a priority tho, if you have Rupture running. Hemorrhage nowadays is mostly used to keep up Sanguinary Veins buff active. Let others give their input to see if it's still valid to weave in (use few times to reach a high DoT then proceed with usual) rotation.

@Shisatsu:

Try logging few of your fights with WCL and posting it here, this way we can see what you're doing right and wrong. Also, you're not raiding in your PvP gear, I assume. What glyphs are you running?

As for Tectus, Sub DPS there won't be of the best, due to the AoEish nature. You'd go off better with Combat there.

Just don't give up. We thrive on the challenges. =)

Edited by lipsinch

@Shisatsu:

Try logging few of your fights with WCL and posting it here, this way we can see what you're doing right and wrong. Also, you're not raiding in your PvP gear, I assume. What glyphs are you running?

As for Tectus, Sub DPS there won't be of the best, due to the AoEish nature. You'd go off better with Combat there.

Just don't give up. We thrive on the challenges. =)

Okay. I got WCL working here is a log from my rotation on Dungeoneers training dummy in the garrison.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rT1Ayd3bNM9pnjKh

As you can see the dps is.. well.. yeah.

I'll try get a log up on a boss encounter if someone will let me join their raid -.- If not, i'll at least get a log from LFR.

Glyphs:

Major - Glyph of Energy, Glyph of Energy Flows, Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins

Minor - Glyph of Safe Fall, Glyph of Blurred Speed, Glyph of Decoy

And my armory is updated with the gear I use.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Shisatsu/simple

Please, I would appreciate all help I can get! :'(

*EDIT*

Well, did Bracken on normal difficulty. Somehow I managed to do "decent" dps.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/P9xBLkCyctZpRqT2

I don't know exactly why or how I managed to up my dps though.

Though I feel like im still lacking. Since I should have been almost 23k

Edited by Shisatsu

Right now I'm going to a meeting, but quickly a tip: change Energy Flows glyph. That glyph is only worth if you're dodge-tanking something. Else, it's horrid. There are several other glyphs that fit better for you, i.e. Cloak of Shadows, Feint, Smoke Bomb and so on.

Also, don't ever use Garrote in PvE. Ever. Cost is way too high for the damage and CP it generates, as it's only worth for it's silence effect. Leave it to PvP or as last instance when you need to silence an add.

I'll look further on your logs once I have time. =)

Edit:

One thing I forgot to mention to you: raid fights and dummy fights are way off because on one you're full buffed, on another you're on your own. In raids, your damage is substantially increased, so don't compare them, you'll get an unreal difference.

If you use PvP gear, that's part of teh reason you're not attaining good damage. PvE gear just has higher stats, it makes a difference. Your Brackenspore log seems nice, just see a delayed use of Preparation, but else it's just fine. 99% uptime on SnD and 97% on Rupture is good, just be aware to not overlap your casts unecessarily.

Edited by lipsinch

Shia - first thing I'm noticing is that your bleed uptime on the Braken fight was substantially better, particularly for Rupture. Rupture is the single hardest hitting spell that we have as Sub, which means that your damage will increase significantly as you increase its uptime.

For everything else, Lip hit the nail on the head. Garrote is awful for PvE, as is Energy Flows. You should replace it with something to increase your durability. I also very very highly recommend taking Anticipation rather than MfD - it allows you to pool points more effectively and really take advantage of a properly set up Dance or Vanish burst. In the same vein, I suggest playing with Shadow Focus instead of Subterfuge - it's a lot easier, and actually ends up with more DPS

Well first off i looked on Shadowcraft and its simming me at about 25.9k I know I can do better. But i'm just not sure what i'm doing wrong atm. I need an experts help. 

This is my armory:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Zoost/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aKyCd6hVL3QxAtc9#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=5

I try not to use hemo as much since from what I've read it can be a dps loss.. I know for a fact I use it before putting up my first rupture up on my opening with shadow reflect.

I also don't know what it means to "hemo weave". 

Hemo Weaving isn't a thing anymore - just make sure that the bleed is up at all times.

The biggest advice I can give you is to read through my Use of Shadow Dance sticky at the top of the forums. You don't seem to be pooling energy at all, and doing so is a large gain.

You should always be trying to maximise the number of Evis casts that you get off with Find Weakness up, so you should be playing with 6-8 cp all the time (before finishers) and only dropping below that for a burst window with Evis casts inside Find Weakness

The other thing that I can suggest is to hold on to Shadow Dance (and SR, if possible) for Lust. It's a huge damage boost for you to have both of these cooldowns up for use and to get the full use out of them with Lust up.

• Like 1

Oh, Stoooz, I forgot to mention. Give the post I sticked on Shadow Dance use a read through if you haven't already. It will explain some of the finer points of using it

• Like 1