Martunox

[Affliction] Need help optimizing DPS

3 posts in this topic

Well, I started the expansion as Destruction, and have been doing pretty good dps with it, but as I have been progressing in raids and such, I have encountered with more and more gear with haste/mastery/versatility, no crit, and I have been feeling that I'm stuck with my DPS because of the lack of crit, so I gave a shot to my Affliction spec that I used mostly for PVP.

The problem is, as much as I try and feel that I'm keeping good the uptime of my dots, my DPS in dummy goes no further of 13k DPS.

Maybe is the not so good levels of haste, or maybe I'm not doing something well in the rotation, so I came here looking for illumination here in Icy Veins.

Also, I don't know well the opener for fights very well with Affliction, so a rough idea would help a lot!

As far as stat priority goes, I understand is INT>HASTE>MASTERY. 

Thank you in advancement for helping!

Here is my askmrrobot page of my character:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/quel'thalas/min%C3%AEx

How do I get logs of my combat in my character?

The Locky nailed it, read around and use some data found.

Also, personal experience advice - don't touch dummy. I have a very bad relationship with it, and looks like you too.sad.png 
Best way to test your dps it to go straight to raid/HC dungeons. Buffs affect your stats => your dps a lot more than you can think. plus it would be the most realistic test you can possibly get.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Progression:
      7/7M, 2/3M (3/3H), 7/10M (10/10H)
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Swing Healer - Druid, H Priest, Monk
      Ranged - Elemental Shaman, Hunter
      Melee - Plate DPS
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Warriorferet#1935 or send a message or in-game mail to Elissa-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By Xanah
      Guild: Dawn of the Dead | http://www.dotd.org   Faction: Horde | Server: Zul'jin (PvE) | Timezone: EST   Current Progression: 9/10M Nighthold | 2/3M Trial of Valor | 7/7M Emerald Nightmare   We've been raiding max size raids continuously since WoW has been released and are the only guild to have done so here on Zul'jin. We have strong leadership, no drama, and plans to keep raiding for years to come. Unlike many guilds, we're not recruiting for the short term, and we don't over-recruit.   Website: www.dotd.org
        Raid Times: Our schedule is 8-11 EST Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.   Needs: We are a small guild, and we expect high attendance. As such, we recruit people to raid, and desire people who can step in and contribute immediately. We don’t recruit people to sit around, so all spots are for raiders who can expect to be in most every raid.   We are currently looking to add skilled and reliable:   1-2 Melee or Ranged DPS
      1 Healer
      High: Holy Paladin
      Medium: Disc Priest
      *ALL exceptional applicants will be considered regardless of the class.   What we ask of you:   Effort: Not all applicants come from highly progressed guilds, and that’s okay, but it does mean that you need to be prepared. We recruit the player, not the gear, but we do ask that you have some current experience and be a minimum iLvl of 885. You need to have the best gear available to you, (BoE, Crafted) with gems and top end enchants. You also need to be able to display an understanding of your class mechanics, role in a raid, and ability to learn new fights.   Attitude: It’s a game. We play for fun. How you fit in with the guild is taken very seriously. We’re a bunch of mostly 18-30 guys and girls who have fun playing together. While we have a good time, we also know when it’s time to buckle down and work hard.   Skill: The best way to determine skill is to see you in a raid. Because we don’t wish to have anyone transfer that we’re not serious about, be able to express your knowledge of your class and why you’re an exceptional player who would be an asset and is worth a shot. Gear will come with time. Skill will not. Impress us with your knowledge of your class and gameplay mechanics. Feel free to share any logs, theorycrafting, or other work you've done.   Commitment: We make a commitment to you, and ask you to do the same to us. A raid takes a team of more than 20 individuals working together. We rely on you to show up to raids, research your class and new fights, respect your fellow players, and notify us when you are unavailable. You rely on us for gear, experience, and coordination. It's a large investment of our time to train and gear new players, and we ask the same investment on your part so that we can each benefit.   We have a variety of informational resources available to prospective applicants on our web site: http://www.dotd.org-- please refer to our "Applications" forum for detailed information. Also feel free to visit us on WoWProgresss for more information and kill videos! http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...wn+of+the+Dead   Should you wish to speak to someone in-game, please don't hesitate to reach out to an officer directly, whisper Xanah (Xana#1662) or Jeare (Jeare#1759).   We look forward to hearing from you soon!  
    • By Elesis
      Hive have opened up recruitment!

Hive is a 2-day mythic raiding guild on Ravencrest-Alliance. We are a core of raiders who have been together since before the launch of Legion and are looking to expand on our Raiding Roster for the opening of Tomb of Sargeras. We are a fairly new guild and as such are a work in progress.
      We are aiming for a spot within the top 20-30 guilds on Ravencrest on progress, and are looking for more raiders with an ambition and dedication at the same level.
      Recruitment:
      1x Rogue
      1x Warlock 
      1x Mage 
      1x Rogue
      Legion Progression:
      Emerald Nightmare: 7/7 M
      Trial of Valor: 2/3 M
      The Nighthold: 5/10 M

Raid Days:
      The raiding times in Hive are Thursday and Sunday from 19:30 until 23:30 Server time (CEST). Invites to the raids will go out starting at 19:15. We require all raiders to be ready and available to execute the first pull of the raid at 19:30.

Loot:
      The loot in Hive is distributed amongst the raiders through a Loot Council. This council includes 3 Officers and at least 2 Raiders. During the remainder of the Nighthold Raid, all Trial Raiders will have equal rights to any loot drops as a core raider - Once Tomb of Sargeras is open however, Raiders will have priority over Trial Raiders within reason.

Requirements:
      -All communication during raids will be in English and we require all our raiders to be on Discord and able to speak, with a functioning mic. 
      -80% attendance on main raids. Due to this low attendance requirement, we have a large roster of players and all raiders may be subject to rotation in the raiding team on any given night.
      -A positive attitude towards constructive critisism - We expect all raiders to know their class through and through.
      -Preparation. All raiders are required to show up with enough Flasks, Food, Health potions and Combat potions to last through a night of extensive progress wiping. We may also ask you to use Defiled Augment Runes on progress fights. Vantus Runes are provided by the guild bank.

If you are looking for further information or have any questions, feel free to contact any of our Officers on Battle.tag:
      Elesís - Elesis#2594
      Jösh - JoshSmith#2461
      Bamf - Bamf#1142
      Or visit Hive - Ravencrest

• By PinkLuigi
      I know shamans are kinda messed up right now, what else is new.
      But I'm up to 900 and my already underwhelming DPS has seen no significant increase. I'm pretty sure it's tied to my low haste rating, but I'd like to make sure and see if it's just that or something else I can work to change.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/nimbonya

I'll Sim around 760k, This week I got 630k on Krosus, going up to 900k on Skorp and Tich.
      I feel like this is all far too low, one of our top dps is a warlock at i897 and often easily goes 900k and up just on single target.
      I could really use some help figuring out what I've done wrong and what I could improve.

My usual priority rotation works as follows:
      >Maintain Landslide/Flametongue/Hailstorm
      >Doom winds when off CD and Stormbringer proc'd.
      >Stormstrike when proc'd
      >LavaLash when proc'd
      >Stormstrike when off CD
      >Lavalash when 90+ Maelstrom
      >Rockbiter when -90 Maelstrom
      Feral Spirit-Crash Lightning combo and Doom Winds I'll sometimes delay if there's an add/burn phase, and I have a habit of refreshing Flametongue and Hailstorm on CD if I don't have any procs. I'll also occasionally mismanage Maelstrom and need to do 2-3 Rockbiters to get back up to speed.

My opener consists of: Prolonged Power>Feral Spirit>Rockbiter>Crash Lightning>Flametongue>Frostbrand>Stormstrike