FORUMS
Martunox

[Affliction] Need help optimizing DPS

Well, I started the expansion as Destruction, and have been doing pretty good dps with it, but as I have been progressing in raids and such, I have encountered with more and more gear with haste/mastery/versatility, no crit, and I have been feeling that I'm stuck with my DPS because of the lack of crit, so I gave a shot to my Affliction spec that I used mostly for PVP.

The problem is, as much as I try and feel that I'm keeping good the uptime of my dots, my DPS in dummy goes no further of 13k DPS.

Maybe is the not so good levels of haste, or maybe I'm not doing something well in the rotation, so I came here looking for illumination here in Icy Veins.

Also, I don't know well the opener for fights very well with Affliction, so a rough idea would help a lot!

As far as stat priority goes, I understand is INT>HASTE>MASTERY. 

Thank you in advancement for helping!

Here is my askmrrobot page of my character:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/quel'thalas/min%C3%AEx

How do I get logs of my combat in my character?

The Locky nailed it, read around and use some data found.

Also, personal experience advice - don't touch dummy. I have a very bad relationship with it, and looks like you too.sad.png 
Best way to test your dps it to go straight to raid/HC dungeons. Buffs affect your stats => your dps a lot more than you can think. plus it would be the most realistic test you can possibly get.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tsukoyomi
      I am going the corpselance support build for Necromancer and the build has me taking Corpselance with Brittle and the pestilence set on top of that, if I were to take off the ability Corpselance and change it to another ability say for example Bone Spikes with Frost spikes, would the damage decrease an amount that it would not be worth it?
    • By Jonesy0000
      Hi Team
      I am recently returning from a few years away from the game and I have decided to go back to my much loved main throughout wrath, the feral druid. I have always been a cut above the rest and managed to be top dps all through wrath. 
      I was reading your guide and noticed in the talents you don't take savage roar. Can you explain the match behind this as to me it seems like the more viable option. 
    • By Ehiztari
      Enter Eclipse Apply or maintain your Moonfire, Sunfire, and Stellar Flare (if talented) Keep Celestial Alignment / Incarnation: Chosen of Elune (if talented) on cooldown Cast Convoke the Spirits when you have less than 50 Astral Power. Try to pair with your other cooldowns but do not lose a use. Spend your Astral Power on Starsurge or Starfall on multi-target. Do not lose uses of Warrior of Elune, Force of Nature, or Fury of Elune (if talented). Cast the Eclipse-appropriate filler. Item 3 says to cast Celestial Alignment as a higher priority than (presumably that means before you cast) Convoke the Spirits.
      The subsection on Convoke the Spirits Optimization says "Generally, you will play around your Convoke and not your Celestial Alignment, as you almost never want to cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up as well."
      I'm not quite understanding how I'm supposed to prioritize Celestial Alignment in my rotation but not generally cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up.
      Unless Convoke is a special sort of channel, if you actually managed to cast Celestial Alignment during Convoke, wouldn't it interrupt the channeling of Convoke?
      If I am supposed to cast Convoke and then cast Celestial Alignment as it's channeling, shouldn't the rotation guide have those reversed?
      I'm sorry to be a noodge about accuracy here, but either I'm badly misunderstanding what looks like fairly simple instructions or the two elements of the instructions are inconsistent with one another.
    • By Aereth
      <Tempest> of Khaz'goroth/Dath'remar is recruiting!
      We are a laid back 21+ guild based in Australia for the most part. We understand that some don't have a large amount of time to commit to raiding due to real life commitments- jobs, kids, hassles etc 😛
      Because of this we are dedicated to providing a stress free raiding environment 2 days per week in addition to an active social community. 
      Social apps are available for all classes and levels! If this sounds like the guild for you please contact us!
      Previous tier progression was 1/7M and 3/3H
      Raiding info:
      We raid from 8pm sharp server time Sundays and Wednesdays for 3 hours and predominantly use loot council for loot distribution.
      Recruitment openings: 
      1x Tank- any class - must also be comfortable dpsing
      DPS with healing offspecs
      -WW Monk
      -Shadow Priest
      -Ret Paladin
      -Enh or Ele Shaman
      -Feral or boomkin druid
      We would also consider the following DPS classes without a healing OS
      DH
      warlock
      rogue
      DK
      druid
      We will of course give consideration to those who fall outside our recruitment needs if you think you may be a good fit for Tempest.
      If this sounds like you, or you would like some more info please pst or mail Aereth (Aereth#1439).
    • By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.