kevow

Focus starved survival

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the hunter spec in wow. But i'm liking the way it plays.

First i was a mm hunter, but switched over to sv, because its more fun to play and im liking the dps.

My gear is still more specced for mm hunter (also due the nature of hm raid), so its not all optimized.

To get to the point, i worry about my focus managing and was wondering how often do u need to cast cobra shot to regain focus? Because i always try to prioritize my abilities crrectly, but its making me focus starved to often, and that is a dps loss.

I want to know how you guys manage your focus to not get starved or capped...

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the hunter spec in wow. But i'm liking the way it plays.

First i was a mm hunter, but switched over to sv, because its more fun to play and im liking the dps.

My gear is still more specced for mm hunter (also due the nature of hm raid), so its not all optimized.

To get to the point, i worry about my focus managing and was wondering how often do u need to cast cobra shot to regain focus? Because i always try to prioritize my abilities crrectly, but its making me focus starved to often, and that is a dps loss.

I want to know how you guys manage your focus to not get starved or capped...

Try using Stampede instead of Crows.  Don't use arcane shot unless you have a thrill proc, you need to apply serpent sting, or you are close to focus capping while BA/ES/GT/Barrage are on CD.  Try using Glaive Toss instead of Barrage and if you are using Barrage, understand that it's situational and it does not ALWAYS have to be off cd like BA/ES do.

Try using Stampede instead of Crows.  Don't use arcane shot unless you have a thrill proc, you need to apply serpent sting, or you are close to focus capping while BA/ES/GT/Barrage are on CD.  Try using Glaive Toss instead of Barrage and if you are using Barrage, understand that it's situational and it does not ALWAYS have to be off cd like BA/ES do.

Another thing to try is to use Focusing Shot instead of Lone Wolf.  I have found that I'm a lot less focus starved using FS while I am with LW.  FS does take a bit of getting used to, since it can't be cast while moving, but it resolves the issue of focus starvation.

Isnt stampede a bit of a dps loss?

And i dont mind using focus shot but i like lone wolf for not managing my pet. Or dont u guys use a pet with focssing shot?

Isnt stampede a bit of a dps loss?

And i dont mind using focus shot but i like lone wolf for not managing my pet. Or dont u guys use a pet with focssing shot?

1.  No

2.  When using SF/FS you will have a pet out.  SF/FS will make you less mobile but you will get larger focus gains.