Brutalmage

Best Alliance PvE Arcane Mage Race?

9 posts in this topic

For Arcane Mage PvE race.

I hear that Panda food buff is better then Gnome mana pool.

Thoughts or math on this, and any other comment as to the best race for PvE Ali Arcmage.

Edited by Damien

well panda's racials are quite OP and mana doesn't really matters anymore due the fact you or regen it mega quick and/or use the mana regen ability quite a lot so i'd presonally think panda over gnome.

well panda's racials are quite OP and mana doesn't really matters anymore due the fact you or regen it mega quick and/or use the mana regen ability quite a lot so i'd presonally think panda over gnome.

Might also consider weapon choice depending on race. Thanks to dagger spec racial you can get more than just a little extra mana.

That is gnome, right? I pretty much just play horde now.

~Sage

Might also consider weapon choice depending on race. Thanks to dagger spec racial you can get more than just a little extra mana.

That is gnome, right? I pretty much just play horde now.

~Sage

well ofc but 1% hit (due the 1% expertise you get from the gnome racial with 1handed swords and daggers) over dubble food mmmm i know what i'll choose lol :P and even at this part of the game i'm struggling to not get over hit capped haha :)

well ofc but 1% hit (due the 1% expertise you get from the gnome racial with 1handed swords and daggers) over dubble food mmmm i know what i'll choose lol Posted Image and even at this part of the game i'm struggling to not get over hit capped haha Posted Image

I love being able to shoot way over the hit cap with expertise. That means the rating can be used in other places to maximize say... crit or haste!

~Sage

I love being able to shoot way over the hit cap with expertise. That means the rating can be used in other places to maximize say... crit or haste!

~Sage

well y haha, it's true but i noticed that the food bonus you get from panda is quite stronger then the 1% hit due you not only get more sp you also get more crit and not sure how much crit points you need and not sure how much % crit per int you get at lvl but it seems that the food buff have 2advantages over 1 in my opinion

well y haha, it's true but i noticed that the food bonus you get from panda is quite stronger then the 1% hit due you not only get more sp you also get more crit and not sure how much crit points you need and not sure how much % crit per int you get at lvl but it seems that the food buff have 2advantages over 1 in my opinion

1% hit = 340 hit points. If you are using good int food you get +300 int. Clearly the +300 int > 340 hit so yes, panda is a better option than gnome that for. The only thing gnome has is the extra mana, however, mana doesn't appear to be much of an issue for mages in MoP (especially not max. mana pool).

• Like 1

A wand is the current BiS weapon and I would never count on the expertise bonus of races due to the BiS weapon always changing and rarely being what you want it to be for your race.

So Panda (for now) if you are trying to maximize.

My personal suggestion however is to play the race you like the looks of. The racial benefits are very minor in the scheme of things and you have to look at your character 100% of the time. So simply play what you like. Posted Image

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ser3nity
      Safety not Guaranteed is an English speaking Alliance raiding guild on Emerald Dream. We raid 3 times a week and are mainly focused on mythic raiding.
      Current Progress:
      7/7M, 3/3M, 10/10M, 7/9M ToS
      Recruitment:
      We are currently recruiting the following classes to progress with us through Antorus:
      Melee DPS: DH
      Ranged DPS: Mage, Warlock, Druid, Priest
      Our raiding schedule is:
      - Thursday: 20.00 - 23.00 (server time)
      - Monday: 20.00 - 23.00 (server time)
      - Tuesday: 20.00 - 23.00 (server time)
      Apply here: http://safetynotguaranteed.guildlaunch.com/
      Even if we are not actively recruiting your class, we will consider any exceptional applications.
      About us:
      Safety not Guaranteed (SnG) was initially formed on horde side by a small group of friends in early MoP, raiding 10man heroic. Later during the expansion we faction changed to Alliance and expanded our roster to a 20man mythic team, where we cleared SoO mythic as a guild. Many of us have been playing together since as early as WotLK, and have friendships with each other that extend outside the game as well.
      Our goal ever since the guild was formed has been to progress through content at a steady pace, without hardcore hours, while having a good time together. We aim to clear each tier before the next one is released. In WoD we cleared 7/7M, 10/10M, 13/13M when relevant, and have cleared each tier so far in Legion obtaining most mythic cutting edge achievements, and plan to continue doing so.
      What we offer:
      A structured mythic raiding team and raiding times. We start invites 19:45 and begin to clear trash so we can have the first pulls at 20:00 A fair rotation and loot distribution via loot council. We keep spreadsheets! A steady guild with a good community and good guild atmosphere. You may encounter some trolling during your stay. A focused attitude during progression, and relaxed attitude during farm content. We like to chat and have fun, but focus during difficult content. A desire to raid. We often run an extra raid day on the 1st week of a new raid tier. This is 100% optional, but most people are excited to get into a new instance. Additionally we often run some sort of alt raids on fridays (100% optional), and do a lot of mythic+ content within the guild.
      What we want from you:
      High attendance. We expect a minimum of 80% attendance, though most of our raiders have near to 100%. We run a small roster to minimize rotation, and want to be able to rely on you. Commitment. We don't want someone who is looking to join, get geared and then leave. We have a 2-3 week trial period during which we will control gearing while we get to know you. Honesty. If you're having problems within the guild, or have real life issues, we'd like to hear rather than you just disappearing. Talk to us. Be prepared! This means reading up on new fights, having consumables (flask, pots, food, runes), gemming and enchanting properly, and being on time! Communication. We want you to know how to communicate both verbally and in writing. We use TeamSpeak for communicating in raids, though we also have a guild discord! Raiding awareness. We want you to not stand in fire, unless it's required... Progression oriented attitude. Everyone makes mistakes, but learning is part of progression, so we value people who continue to improve over time. Understanding. Sometimes, things don't always go smoothly. We may hit a wall on a specific boss for a while, or you may have to sit for someone else during a progression raid. This is part of mythic raiding. We try to treat everyone fairly, and are open to feedback.
      For more information you can add an officer to chat: Joana#2806, Kitty#2896, Noxxus#2229
      Or visit our website: http://safetynotguaranteed.guildlaunch.com/
    • By Scottishman
      This is a semi-hardcore guild built up by old raiding buddies, new friends and similar thinking individuals. We take raiding as serious as we need to, but we also understand real life issues happen, work commitments, family, friends etc. all this takes priority over the game, which we all get and help each other if and when we can. All we ask is that you let us know if you have any issues beforehand so we are fully prepared for any outcome - everyone's time is equally important.
      We simply want to progress at a reasonable rate for the times we raid.
      Our raiding nights and times are below:
      - Wednesday: 21:00-00:00 (Server Time)
      - Sunday 21:00-00:00 (Server Time)
      We also raid an optional/farm night:
      - Thursday: 21:00-00:00 (Server Time)
      We are primarily looking for a Healer and a Tank to join us in Antorus :)
      If any of this applies to you and/or you wish to know more please message me in game: MrScottish#2400
      Alternatively you can apply on our website http://saligia.guildlaunch.com/
    • By Flitt
      Application information at http://www.eternal-kingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=4925
      Team Ascension (5/9M) is a Mythic raiding team with Eternal Kingdom. We are looking for exceptional players to join our ranks for Antorus
      Class Needs:
      Mage Marksman or Beastmaster Hunter Rogue Elemental Shaman  
      Raid Schedule:
      Monday & Thursday 5-8 PM
      About our Team
      Most of us are 40 hour per week working adults or full time college students. We raid light due to our real life schedules, but with folks willing to be diligent and efficient during our six hours per week. Working with Eternal Kingdom's core values, we have tailored our team to create an environment that is enjoyable, relaxed, and hard working. We will never raid past 8:00PM, as we respect your time and real life commitments.
      About our Community
      Kingdom Gaming is a large community consisting of 4 guilds, 12 raid teams, friends, and family. We pride ourselves in having a positive, all inclusive guild which houses players with varying degrees of experience and time able to be devoted to this game. For more information, please see http://www.eternal-kingdom.com/about/.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Dejo93
      Ok guys, since we 're getting new races, here's a few questions:
      1. Since we're getting the Zandalari as a playable allied race, does it mean we'll get the Mogu as well? Since they were old allies of the Zandalari and they fought the minions for the Old Gods (they were basically created for that), do you think it's plausible? Not to mention a long questline where we get to know them better, and we might even see Ra-Den again.
      2. Since they said that the requirement for the quest to recruit the new races is finishing the legion questlines, does that mean that I have to get to exalted on my Orc hunter (my main is a Draenei shammy) with the Nightborne and the Highmountain Tauren, even though I'm exalted with both of them on my main?