FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Riesen

[Resoration Shaman] Lazy one

Reason why I wrote lazy is because I don't like to read everything. Ofc I read things but it feels like they changed a lot since they removed the smart healing.

I didn't play that much on my restoration Shaman during MoP, but instead played on my DK. However, I did play some raids with my Shaman and manage to top every encounter. But since they removed the "smart healing" it feels like I'm under performing.

I did have some lesser gear than the other healers (since I changed Class). But some fights are just embarrasing. And at some fights I have so much mana, and doing nothing. I want to be an access to the raid, by performing.

So, what talents are actually good?

I'll share the talents that matters

2) Windwalk of course.

3) I switch between Call of the Elements and Totemic Presistance. Most Shamans use the other one but I personally feel that I stand at the right location all the time.

4) Echo of the Elements, feels like the default one for both Riptide and Unleash Life.

5) Rushing streams, I feel like the other ones under perform. (HJ).

6) Unleashed Life, I don't really have issues with the Mana. 

7) Cloudburst Totem, I like the idea with running RST and the CT, cooldown. Healing Tide seems to be a huge mana waste.

"HJ": While thinking around, the 4th talent (my choice) might be a huge waste while running with CB-Totem. I sometimes run with Totemic Presistance. But this talent choice sometimes feel like a big waste. I don't know how to explain it(unfortuntately).

Our Guild has done 7/7 HC and 1/7 Mythic. We would've done more but we all was lazy during christmas and New Years Eve.

I tried to explain the situation to our GM and he gets the deal. I'm not that far behind and actually win the HPS during Kargath. And at some fights I don't even blow Healing Tide. Since we try to save our CD's, the Druid Shaman can basically throw a new "Tranq". 

I actually didn't use Icy Veins during MoP, not even with my DK. A good player know how to use his class and this is mostly a guideline. But if you got the time, I'll gladly want to see your logs on each encounter. I unfortunately don't have any logs and not going to share my char. (might be rude).

But I think I do decent HPS with the class atm but since we got Druids, Priests and a Paladin, I might be like the extra healer. I do more HPS alone (obviously) but just want your oppinions how to increase your class.

Thanks for reading and appreciate every response.

....I unfortunately don't have any logs and not going to share my char. (might be rude).

But I think I do decent HPS....

Well, it is at least lazy, you are right (I don't want to use the word you did use in the brackets ).

If you don't share any logs and even not your Armory, we can't say anything specific about your healing.

And if you just wanted some resto shaman theory, you should read at least pinned threads in this section:

Resto healing in WoD

Resto healing in Highmaul

Resto T17 Tips and Tricks

Maybe I will sound rude now, but I'm not sure that people will write all this in this thread once more.

Regarding the logs.

Just go to the warcraft logs and press Rankings in Highmaul for HPS button. Believe me, it is easy. You will have plenty of logs for every encounter, every difficulty and every ilvl.

Enjoy.

I kind of don't really understand what's going on here, but I made some short notes for you;

• always use your cooldowns. They are best used on large throughput sections (like Infesting Spores or Expel Magic: Shadow). Even if there isn't a mechanic like that (e.g. Kargath), use your damn cooldowns. They make you more mana efficient (gives you a breather to regen mana) so you can go ham at other times.
  • If you don't have a healing team leader, ask for one. You need someone to assign roles on a lot of fights (Brackenspore and Ko'ragh come to mind), and to assign cooldown rotations.
  • High Tide is good on fights where you have to burst a lot with high frequency. Think about using it on; Tectonic Upheaval, Infesting Spores.

I hope that helps.

I'm terribly sorry for the hasted thread. 

I made a "legit" one with logs and a link to my armory. But lost everything and therefore decided to make a quick post.

Not the brighest idea.

But I do appreciate the response and will reply to them! =)

@Pandacho

I've read all the pinned thread but it feels like something is missing. I have to admit that I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

Back in MoP, I didn't go for the basic setup during encounters, but instead with my own talents & glyphs. Basically I had the required time to actually test around with talents before jumping into a raid. Now however, my guid threw me into HC Highmaul when I only had blue gear. (ilvl 630).

So, I'm basically stressed. I will take a look at the pinned threads again! =) 

-I've actually never cared about logs. Felt like I did a decent job all the time back in the other expansions, etc.

But I really appreciate the link. I will take a look around! =)

@Stoove

Yeah, sorry about that. Like mentioned, I lost my "real" post and therefore hasted to create a new one. Terribly sorry but I appreciate the response.

We got a "healing team leader". And that's the reason why I save Healing Tide.

I did take a look at one of your other posts where another Shaman struggled with HPS-recount. And I think I got the same issue. Basically we have to many healers.

So I'm like the extra healer.

During Kargath and Brecken HC, I actually get to go all in! And usually end at 1st-2nd place. The main reason is that one of the healers go DPS.

I do a lot of overhealing. And I guess I was, just like the other player, worried about my spot.

Basically we have to many healers.

You might be right there. It hurts Shaman a lot more than other classes :)

Is it possible to get in contact with you in a way?

Seems like you know what you're doing and I got plenty of questions. 

Can't say it's small question but feels like I don't really agree with the Forum. Read it several times and also done several tests. 

Edited by Riesen

Hi Riesen, you can send a personal message to me or Pandacho. We're more than happy to discuss things :)  You could even Tweet at me @ Stooveth

• Like 1

@Stoove & Pandacho

Thanks, both of you!

But it seems like I manage to sort out my problems. By simply choosing the best talents and glyphs that fits our setup the best.

Also during our progress on Mythic, we even ditched one healer and saw a huge improvement and even made +1 progress.

But I'll gladly msg anyone of you if I ever have questions. Surely this Forum should be enough to solve some situation but since every player plays differently (most of the time since it's different setups etc,etc) you sometimes find new problems.

Anyway, thank once again! =)

• Like 1

Glad to hear you got a resolution! As I keep reminding people, if there were particularly useful posts do try to press "Like" so that the poster knows that they did a good job. It keeps people coming back to help! :)

• Like 1

Glad to hear you got a resolution! As I keep reminding people, if there were particularly useful posts do try to press "Like" so that the poster knows that they did a good job. It keeps people coming back to help! smile.png

Okey, did that ! =) 

Going to tweet you too, if you got time.