FORUMS
Device

Focusing Shot + Pet vs. Lone Wolf

Guys, Azor is now the second mod over here and I'd like you all to treat him with respect. Azor can come off as abrasive sometimes, but this is not him being a douchebag. He is a very well respected hunter theorycrafter and miles better at what he does than I am.

I would hope that you all will welcome him with open arms.

Guys, Azor is now the second mod over here and I'd like you all to treat him with respect. Azor can come off as abrasive sometimes, but this is not him being a douchebag. He is a very well respected hunter theorycrafter and miles better at what he does than I am.

(in child's voice) Is he my new daddy?

Edited by Iridar
  • Like 1

(in child's voice) Is he my new daddy?

He and I will be working on things together on this forum. Hopefully something fresh. He's not taking over, I'll still be here, but I very much welcome his presence as he's very much better at what he does than I am. I'm just glad to have some help on the forums now.

You've had me here since whenever I joined, though I've been more of a general help than a theorycrafter.  And I do welcome Azor here, just so long as he stays somewhat active.

You've had me here since whenever I joined, though I've been more of a general help than a theorycrafter.  And I do welcome Azor here, just so long as he stays somewhat active.

I don't necessarily mean that those of you who give me a hand aren't helping me, however you guys can't edit posts and help with moderating the forums.

From wikipedia:

No, Azor is not being a troll, though he may be a douchebag at times.  That still does not discredit him any.

Pretty much.

He is a douchebag, because of pushovers like you that excuse his behavior. You think you need him, but you couldn't be more wrong.  He doesn't do anything special.  He copies information from the community, and creates a guide. 

You could teach a 5 year old to push the sim button, and make a guide from the work of other people.  Well, if a 5 year old had countless hours to waste that is.

Again, I have not seen him add anything to a discussion.  The ONLY thing he does is "add discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,"

Wow, what a huge mistake.  He will do nothing but be an ass to people.  His attitude, and even his opinions, garner no respect. 

If you wanted a mod to help it should have been iridar.

Edited by Minigun

He is a douchebag, because of pushovers like you that excuse his behavior. 

Again, I have not seen him add anything to a discussion.  The ONLY thing he does is "discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,"

You could teach a 5 year old to push the sim button, and make a guide from the work of other people.  Well, if a 5 year old had countless hours to waste that is.

Wow, what a huge mistake.  He will do nothing but be an ass to people.  His attitude, and even his opinions, garner no respect. 

It was not my decision however I support it. I think he'll be a very nice addition to the forum. I have no reason to believe that he's a dick on purpose but I'll ask him to try and use a different attitude.

As for him calling me out on things, I welcome people to do that. I would rather someone tell me I'm wrong, than someone passively sit by and not tell me something is wrong or right. I openly welcome his presence here and I don't see his personality being an issue, however if it does I'll deal with that when or IF it arises. 

It was not my decision however I support it. I think he'll be a very nice addition to the forum. I have no reason to believe that he's a dick on purpose but I'll ask him to try and use a different attitude.

As for him calling me out on things, I welcome people to do that. I would rather someone tell me I'm wrong, than someone passively sit by and not tell me something is wrong or right. I openly welcome his presence here and I don't see his personality being an issue, however if it does I'll deal with that when or IF it arises. 

Just go o to MMochampion, and look at his history.  Every reply is pure irreverent vitriol.   He takes any reply to him as a personal attack, and then goes off.

Everyone here would tell you if something is right or wrong.  We just wouldn't call you are 'fucking brainless drooling retard" as we do it.  But w/e, it's not my forum. 

Edited by Minigun

Just go o to MMochampion, and look at his history.  Every reply is pure irreverent vitriol.   He takes any reply to him as a personal attack, and then goes off.

Everyone here would tell you if something is right or wrong.  We just wouldn't call you are 'fucking brainless drooling retard" as we do it.  But w/e, it's not my forum. 

Like I said, I will deal with that if it happens.

You know Minigun for someone accusing someone else of being vitriolic, you're really in no position to talk. 

Ontopic: I too have switched back to SV (note that WoD is my first time raiding since Cata) and have been doing fine with FS/TotH. Focusing shot, for me, makes the rotation much more fluid, and Thrill is amazing for dotting up multiple targets quickly. I find steady focus to be a fucking nightmare because it's much easier to focus cap with it, and at the same time it's not as effective at multidotting. 

Whilst Az's tone is very aggressive and possibly elitist, he did pioneer the main hunter guides on IV as well as MMO-C.

In any case, I'd have to admit that the loss in mobility from SF/FS is most likely not worth it in Mythic Highmaul despite SimC producing higher numbers.

I consider your recommendations about as highly as I would those of my dog.

I didn't put the insult in, you did.  Notice the '".

Go back to MMOchamp to troll please.

Heroic or Norm

Kargath:  is practically standing still and shooting.

Brackenspore:  Very Stationary.  I never understood the ToTH = Better Target switching argument.  You have more than enough focus to use AS on anything you want after a FS.

Would it make it a little easier?  Maybe a little.

Ko'ragh:  Disengage + post haste = into position almost instantly.   Plenty of time to cast a FS when needed.

Twin:  The fire is so slow you can easily cast FS as it's coming at you. 

Imp:  The knockback wave and Void happen only in one phase.  The mines give you a good second to get away.  It's rare you get caught and have to move.

The fact of the matter is that toth isn't going to enable you to be much more mobile than FS in heroic.  Most of the time you don't need to move, and when you do it's in short bursts, which is why FS works at all.  What's more the odds you have no focus, need to move, and toth is actually up at that precise moment is rare. 

Imp is probably the most movement heavy fight.  I used SF+FS the other night, and was 19th in dmg taken, never hit a mine, never cancelled a FS midcast, and only found myself needing to move without focus like once. 

Both talents are viable choices, and each is better under certain circumstances. 

Kargath: Except it's not, ever been targeted or even done stands?

Brack: Except you have to move to get to Spore Shooters, which requires you to focusing shot before or after you go, which puts you out of the raid, which -might- put you out of a mushroom's range, which makes you likely to focus cap whereas you could spend no movement and 20-30 focus dotting all the spore shooters + a potential mind fungus. Similarly, you want to use Multi-Shot to multidot Brack and his big add which is a (frequent) situation where ToTH will have an easier time winning.

Ko'ragh: Except it's not a perfect world where position is what it is. Plus, a Disengage + Posthaste is still time in which you could fit a Focusing Shot (or Arcane Shots of a Thrill proc, as the case may be)

Twin: Uh, not always? What about Shield Charge? The boss being moved out for Whirlwind?

Imp: 'Rare' is still enough for ToTH to win when the DPS difference is so narrow already. Especially considering that the fight benefits multidotting where ToTH is -clearly- better.

EDIT: On a more moderatory note, you need to take a chill pill right about now. >_>

I think everyone respects you for you helpful attitude and great theory additions Nnx.  Azor needs to earn his respect as a helpful and non-toxic mod, and so far he has done a piss poor job.

Edited by Ulgratron

Tried raiding with Focusing Shot today in routine heroics. Wasn't so bad, but I switched to Lone Wolf for two bosses, Brackenspore and a couple of tries on Emperor, and it was hugely disorienting. 

Focusing Shot and Cobra Shot have completely different dynamics, and I would not recommend often switching between the two. Pick one, and die hard with it, even if it's suboptimal for the one current fight. 

TotH and Focusing Shot is a really good combination for SV, because when stars align and both L'n'L and TotH proc you will be spamming instants for 10+ seconds, and you don't need to cast FS all that often. 

Compared to other ranged DPSers, you will barely lose any DPS over movement, even with FS, so you still should be on top of other classes. But, I can imagine in a really movement intense fight it's possible to lose so much DPS that LW would have came on top. 

Edited by Iridar

I think everyone respects you for you helpful attitude and great theory additions Nnx.  Azor needs to earn his respect as a helpful and non-toxic mod, and so far he has done a piss poor job.

I feel that everybody just needs to cool it. Honestly. Azor is correct in saying that Thrill is better for basically every fight. as it allows you to cast more Arcane Shots in less time. Allowing you to put up 3 or 4 with one Focusing Shot. This is specifically helpful on Brackenspore, where you'd be dotting the Spore Shooters to get more DPS.

The thing about it is that you guys already have a poor view of him so you take what he says as negative, when if I had said the same thing, you'd have agreed with me and it wouldn't have been an issue.

Azor is here for a reason, and I respect his opinions and the work he does. His attitude is on the abrasive side, but that's not to be confused with being a complete and utter dick. Azor means well and I suggest you all keep an open mind and learn to stop pointlessly arguing with people. The things you guys are accusing him of, is basically the same thing you're doing to him.

This is a formal warning to all those who have posted in this thread. I will not tolerate toxicity from anybody, myself, Azor, and all of you included. I pride myself on keeping this forum a constructive place for all skill levels, so let's stop the immaturity now.

I feel that everybody just needs to cool it. Honestly. Azor is correct in saying that Thrill is better for basically every fight. as it allows you to cast more Arcane Shots in less time. Allowing you to put up 3 or 4 with one Focusing Shot. This is specifically helpful on Brackenspore, where you'd be dotting the Spore Shooters to get more DPS.

The thing about it is that you guys already have a poor view of him so you take what he says as negative, when if I had said the same thing, you'd have agreed with me and it wouldn't have been an issue.

Azor is here for a reason, and I respect his opinions and the work he does. His attitude is on the abrasive side, but that's not to be confused with being a complete and utter dick. Azor means well and I suggest you all keep an open mind and learn to stop pointlessly arguing with people. The things you guys are accusing him of, is basically the same thing you're doing to him.

This is a formal warning to all those who have posted in this thread. I will not tolerate toxicity from anybody, myself, Azor, and all of you included. I pride myself on keeping this forum a constructive place for all skill levels, so let's stop the immaturity now.

You said you wanted to be called out, okay!

This statement is false.  In fact, it's an ignorant comment you are just agreeing to because Azor is the king of the hunter trolls.

If this isn't the case, then your argument is poor.  Yes, toth lets you cast more AS's, but so does SF!

This authoritarian approach is the problem.  X is not always greater than Y!  What's more, Azor is not always right, though he thinks he is.  He is so scared of being called out, he attacks anyone with a differing opinion, even, when the matter at hand is subjective.  It;s ludicrous, and people like you enable him by assuming he is always right, and let him get away with murder.

This isn't toxicity, this is fact.

SF is mathematically superior on numerous fights pre-mythic.

Edited by Minigun

He is a douchebag, because of pushovers like you that excuse his behavior. You think you need him, but you couldn't be more wrong.  He doesn't do anything special.  He copies information from the community, and creates a guide. 

Again, I have not seen him add anything to a discussion.  The ONLY thing he does is "add discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,"

I will say, when I first saw Iridar posting here, his comments rubbed me the wrong way - even if he was correct, it just made me cringe to read what he said and how he said it. That said, he has VASTLY improved since then. I can't think of a post he has made in the last few months that have been anything like his initial posts. I have to say, Iridar has earned a good bit of respect from me.

I do like Azor, though he does come across rather harsh sometimes, but he does it in such a way that - I don't know really how to describe it - but it's like he is typing exactly what he is thinking at that moment. It's like what he is saying is rolling off as though he was having a conversation 1 on 1 with someone. I don't get the impression he's initially trying to insult someone in his responses. I really just think that his replies are more along the lines of how he would talk to someone if, say, you were at a bar with him discussing the deep inner workings of Hunter mechanics. LOL! -- hopefully that makes sense --

You said you wanted to be called out, okay!

This statement is false.  In fact, it's an ignorant comment you are just agreeing to because Azor is the king of the hunter trolls.

If this isn't the case, then your argument is poor.  Yes, toth lets you cast more AS's, but so does SF!

This authoritarian approach is the problem.  X is not always greater than Y!  What's more, Azor is not always right, though he thinks he is.  He is so scared of being called out, he attacks anyone with a differing opinion, even, when the matter at hand is subjective.  It;s ludicrous, and people like you enable him by assuming he is always right, and let him get away with murder.

This isn't toxicity, this is fact.

SF is mathematically superior on numerous fights pre-mythic.

So before, Steady Focus was objectively better according to you.

Now, your arguments have all been shot down, and it is a 'subjective' matter and the reason I am 'attacking' you is because I disagree on this 'subjective' matter (which it is not)?

ToTH lets you cast MORE Arcane Shots than SF. I am not sure how that did not go through to you.

RIP to whoever I apparently murdered.

Bring around your math so I can shoot it down please.

I will say, when I first saw Iridar posting here, his comments rubbed me the wrong way - even if he was correct, it just made me cringe to read what he said and how he said it. That said, he has VASTLY improved since then. I can't think of a post he has made in the last few months that have been anything like his initial posts. I have to say, Iridar has earned a good bit of respect from me.

I do like Azor, though he does come across rather harsh sometimes, but he does it in such a way that - I don't know really how to describe it - but it's like he is typing exactly what he is thinking at that moment. It's like what he is saying is rolling off as though he was having a conversation 1 on 1 with someone. I don't get the impression he's initially trying to insult someone in his responses. I really just think that his replies are more along the lines of how he would talk to someone if, say, you were at a bar with him discussing the deep inner workings of Hunter mechanics. LOL! -- hopefully that makes sense --

He is a immature child that is scared he will be made fun of if he says something that might be wrong, so he attacks everyone fervently to draw attention away from the topic.  At which time one of two things happens.  The guy that is attacked ignores it, or it devolves into a flame war, and since he has a higher standing than you, he will always win. 

I stand by what I said btw.  I have as of yet seen him add anything to a discussion. He takes what others have figured out, and puts it into a guide  Which in itself is commendable, but it doesn't give you the right to act like an all knowing douchebag.

Edited by Minigun

He is a immature child that is scared he will be made fun of if he says something that might be wrong, so he attacks everyone fervently to draw attention away from the topic.  At which time one of two things happens.  The guy that is attacked ignores it, or it devolves into a flame war, and since he has a higher standing than you, he will always win. 

I stand by what I said btw.  I have as of yet seen him add anything to a discussion. He takes what others have figured out, and puts it into a guide  Which in itself is commendable, but it doesn't give you the right to act like an all knowing douchebag.

If I were a mod, I would've infracted you here and now.  You have done nothing constructive yourself so you have absolutely no room to talk. 

Okay. This has gotten to the point where I feel that I need to step in as a moderator of a forum, and not as a friend / player.

Minigun this is a formal warning that everybody can read. If this happens again I will not hesitate to remove your ability to post on this forum.

Since Azortharion has gotten here, his attitude has been of NO issue. However, since he's gotten here, all you've wanted to do is MAKE it an issue. This thread was over, nobody was commenting on it anymore, and the argument had died. However you felt the need to call me out again, after well over a week.

Let. It. Go. You're wrong. I don't want to have to be this kind of person, but I don't want this to continue.

Against my better judgement I'm leaving this thread be and not locking it, don't make me regret that decision.

Okay. This has gotten to the point where I feel that I need to step in as a moderator of a forum, and not as a friend / player.

Minigun this is a formal warning that everybody can read. If this happens again I will not hesitate to remove your ability to post on this forum.

Since Azortharion has gotten here, his attitude has been of NO issue. However, since he's gotten here, all you've wanted to do is MAKE it an issue. This thread was over, nobody was commenting on it anymore, and the argument had died. However you felt the need to call me out again, after well over a week.

Let. It. Go. You're wrong. I don't want to have to be this kind of person, but I don't want this to continue.

Against my better judgement I'm leaving this thread be and not locking it, don't make me regret that decision.

That's partially my fault too. I was responding to a thread that was mark as unread and I didn't even look to see how old it was. Sorry about that.

That's partially my fault too. I was responding to a thread that was mark as unread and I didn't even look to see how old it was. Sorry about that.

I appreciate the apology but that isn't what caused this.