Odinn

Introduction - Odinn, Icy Veins News Writer

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

8998-introduction-odinn-icy-veins-news-w

Greetings, friends! My name is Odinn, and it is my distinct pleasure to introduce myself as the new full-time news writer for Icy Veins. I'll be continuing and expanding our coverage of all things Blizzard in the coming months, and am tremendously excited to be a part of the Icy Veins team.

I started being involved in the writing and journalism space nearly a decade ago during college, volunteering with a student newspaper. The move into creating gaming content was very natural, particularly as a Blizzard fan - I've played the entire Blizzard gaming catalogue exhaustively over the last 20 years, and love all of their games equally.

Prior to joining Icy Veins in this capacity, I have also worked with a number of other gaming, Blizzard, and eSports outlets. Notably, some of you may recognize my work from Acer eSports (covering the pro StarCraft scene), or articles and decklists over at BlizzPro, where I was a part of the Hearthstone team and the HearthPro Show podcast.

In my spare time, I'm still doing my level best to reach Masters league in StarCraft, continuing to raid Mythic content, and trying to find enough leftover spare time to finally play enough games of Hearthstone in a single month to reach Legend! I dabble lightly in Heroes of the Storm and have a handful of max level Diablo characters, too.

If you have particular things you'd like to see me cover, or just want to interact regarding the published material, feel free to reach out and follow me online:

Twitter: @lackofrealism

Twitch: OdinnTV

I look forward to posting news and my thoughts on a variety of subjects, and hearing your feedback on all of it!

Icy Veins is pleased to welcome Kevin 'Odinn' Hovdestad, a full-time addition to our editorial staff.

• Like 1

Welcome to Icy-Veins,

We appreciate the effort you put into writing and sharing these news post.

So, what class(es) in WoW are you spending the most time playing/enjoying? Favorite Starcraft II race? Do you read books, watch series/anime?

Looking forward to seeing what you have to say about HS

Thanks! If you haven't already, I would definitely encourage you to check out the HearthPro Show podcast. I started co-hosting it last summer, and have voiced lots of thoughts on things like tournament format design and general meta evolution there over the past six months. Future thoughts will appear here, obviously!

Welcome to Icy-Veins,

We appreciate the effort you put into writing and sharing these news post.

So, what class(es) in WoW are you spending the most time playing/enjoying? Favorite Starcraft II race? Do you read books, watch series/anime?

I appreciate the time you spend reading them! :)

My primary class has been a Death Knight for the past five or six years, but I've played everything save for Hunter and Warlock to max level in some expansion or another. In Starcraft, I've always played Protoss - ever since 1998.

Never gotten into anime, although that's probably more a product of limited time than interest, and sadly most of my reading these days is very specifically non-fiction. Between keeping up with Blizzard and general tech news, as well as the various research and responsibilities I have to things like volunteer affiliations (local animal and wildlife charities, amongst others), it's the rare occasion I get a real break! I have been trying to catch up on some missed TV from the past few years and watch as many good movies as I can.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      In episode 20 of the Icy Veins Podcast, we discuss the latest Hearthstone expansion announcement and new keywords, the latest Azmodan & Raynor gameplay updates in Heroes, Wrecking Ball in Overwatch & more. 
      Starring
      Patrick (@NotPatrick) Stan (@HeroesPWN) Aleco (@aleco_p) In this Episode
      For further reading, we've added links to news covered in episode 20 of the podcast:
      [00:02] Hearthstone: The Boomsday Project Announcement & New Keywords  [00:16] Heroes of the Storm: Azmodan and Raynor Reworks, Warchrome Skins [00:23] Overwatch: New Hero: Wrecking Ball, Latest Sombra Changes, Over 12 Mio Raised in pink Mercy Charity Campaign [00:33] World of Warcraft: Pre-Patch Release Date Speculation, War of Thorns Event (*spoilers*), Dueler's Guild, Uldir Sets, Multiboxing Changes in Battle for Azeroth Don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and join the discussion on our forums!

Previous Episodes
      Episode 19 Episode 18 Episode 17
    • By Stan
      In the latest episode of the Icy Veins Podcast, we discuss the Battle for Azeroth 8.0 pre-patch, Overwatch's newest Hero, Hearthstone's dev blog, the new Secrets of the Storm comic, and Deadset's guide compendium.
      Starring
      Patrick (@NotPatrick) Stan (@HeroesPWN) Sophia (@Sophia_xal) In this Episode
      For further reading, we've added links to news covered in this episode of the podcast:
      World of Warcraft 8.0 Pre-Patch Detailed Classic WoW Development Overwatch New Hero & Latest Patch Hearthstone Dev Blog & HCT Summer Heroes of the Storm Secrets of the Storm Comic & Volskaya Foundry Disabled in Ranked Diablo Deadset's Season 14 Guide Compendium StarCraft Patch 4.4.0 Don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and  join the discussion on our forums!

Previous Episodes
      Episode 18 Episode 17 Episode 16
    • By Stan
      In this episode, we discuss new social features and the Symmetra rework in Overwatch, Taverns of Time and the Patch 11.2 issues in Hearthstone, Yrel and the Echoes of Alterac event in Heroes, themed Seasons as well as the unannounced Diablo project!
      Starring
      Patrick (@NotPatrick) Stan (@HeroesPWN) Aleco (@aleco_p) Deadset (@DeadsetGaming) In this Episode:
      For further reading, we've added links to news covered in this episode of the podcast:
      Overwatch New Social Features (Endorsements and LFG) Symmetra Rework Hearthstone Taverns of Time Event Patch 11.2 Issues Heroes of the Storm Echoes of Alterac Event New Hero: Yrel Alterac Pass Battleground World of Warcraft New Comic: Three Sisters Mage Tower Permanently Up Later in Legion Warfronts Cycle in Battle for Azeroth Christie Golden's Before the Storm Novel Diablo: Themed Seasons (Season 14) Unannounced Diablo Project General News Blizzard EU Gear Store Now Available Don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and join the discussion on our forums!

Previous Episodes
      Episode 17 Episode 16 Episode 15
    • By Stan
      The latest episode of our podcast is short and sweet! While there are no Hearthstone news this time around, we talked a lot about World of Warcraft's Mythic Keystone Seasons, Azerite Traits, the Brutosaur mount and we didn't skip the usual Heroes and Overwatch news!
      Starring
      Patrick (@NotPatrick) Stan (@HeroesPWN) In This Episode
      [00:02] WoW: Mythic+ Seasons, Moar Azerite Traits N Stuff, Brutosaur Mount, BfA Digital Comics [00:19] Heroes of the Storm: 3-Year Anniversary Rewards, Loot Box Drop Rate Issues, Chromie Rework [00:28] Overwatch: Petra Map and Free for All Season, Skin Buyers Guide, Stop Motion Short Don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and join the discussion on our forums!

Previous Episodes
      Episode 16 Episode 15 Episode 14
    • By Stan
      In the latest episode of the Icy Veins Podcast, we discuss the recently announced Hearthstone nerfs, PvP ranks and talents in WoW, Nexomania, Hero reworks, the 2nd anniversary event in Overwatch, and more!
      Starring
      Patrick (@NotPatrick) L0rinda (@LorindaGames) Stan (@HeroesPWN) Aleco (@Aleco_p) Timestamps
      [00:02] Hearthstone: Nerfs for May, HCT decks [00:10] WoW: PvP ranking and talents, new Azerite traits [00:20] Heroes: Nexomania, Lunara and Diablo reworks, Sombra [00:27] Overwatch: Second anniversary event, Rialto map and Hanzo rework live, Pink Mercy [00:35] StarCraft 2: Balance changes for TvP Don't forget to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes and join the discussion on our forums!

Previous Episodes
      Episode 15 Episode 14 Episode 13