FORUMS
Krazyito

Weak Auras - Ask here for help! Read first post: Discord channel

EDIT: Made a Discord channel for help: https://discord.gg/0xib36UukKzglfpo

So I'm generally bored outside of raid in wow and I like to play with and learn how to do some custom weak aura scripts.

So I'm making this thread as a 'Make me a weak aura' thread, where you can ask for a weak aura and I or someone else that is proficient at it can help you with your request.

Don't be afraid to think outside the box and ask for something crazy. We'll let you know if its too ridiculous or out of the way. Looking forward to the requests.

Also: mad thanks to the people over at <.Vox Immortalis> who have a thread on their forums that has helped me learn how to write much more complicated weak auras. If you're learning how to write your own custom auras or just want some general help, thats the thread you should ask in.

Looking forward to your requests.

Weak auras in this thread:
Battle Resurrection Monitor
kfMX3YW.png
KNOWN BUGS:
-Soulstone used when it was pre-casted will not show correctly in the list
-Reincrantion still not detected in the list.
-NOT A BUG: The charges available are still shown correctly despite the above two bugs.

Nearest Player
TUWeczE.png
KNOWN BUGS:
-None so far, report if you see any.

Cooldown notification
uAlPB3W.png
Very involved aura for notifying your raid members when to use a cooldown. READ ALL OF THE POST AS IT HAS A LITTLE BIT OF SET UP REQUIRED.

http://pastebin.com/rJTXJiNj

kfMX3YW.png

Basically this weak aura tries to mimic what oRA3 does with its Battle Res Monitor.

The list I use to write who used a res on who might still be a bit buggy, so I would defiantly appreciate any feedback you may have

• Like 2

Any chance to make a WA of the yardage of the closest allied raid member?

I'm going to have to learn how the positioning thing works, but I can give it a shot.  I know a site that has a snippet for something similar.

http://pastebin.com/rJTXJiNj

kfMX3YW.png

Basically this weak aura tries to mimic what oRA3 does with its Battle Res Monitor, but instead of having all of oRA enabled, you just need weak auras.

The list I use to write who used a res on who might still be a bit buggy, so I would defiantly appreciate any feedback you may have 

Gonna give this a try, will let you know if I come across any bugs.

Any chance to make a WA of the yardage of the closest allied raid member?

Voila! This was easy, someone already had it coded it up for me. 

http://pastebin.com/3PLAmQMi

9DySdLO.png

Let me know if you want to look different or anything.

--- EDIT----

Thanks Crazy Ito!

I PM'd you already.... But I made some updates....

I set the text to red when you were below a min distance and above a max distance.  You can set the distances to 0 if you don't want to change the color or whatever you prefer. You can also set a value to 'true' or 'false' to display the name of the nearest player.

TUWeczE.png

To edit these options, go to 'Display' -> 'Expand Text Editor' and just change the desired values.

BHgCIJK.png

Use the same link as above to get the updated string.

Thanks Crazy Ito!

I PM'd you already.... But I made some updates....

I set the text to red when you were below a min distance and above a max distance.  You can set the distances to 0 if you don't want to change the color or whatever you prefer. You can also set a value to 'true' or 'false' to display the name of the nearest player.

TUWeczE.png

To edit these options, go to 'Display' -> 'Expand Text Editor' and just change the desired values.

BHgCIJK.png

Use the same link as above to get the updated string.

Regarding the battle res weakaura, it loaded once fine on my DK in a normal highmaul run, no errors. But then levelling a couple of Alliance toons with my boyfriend, I being a scrub died because starfall is dangerous he went to bres me and I got this http://pastebin.com/V5L5QjkLerror. (pastebinned because it's easier, but lemme know if link is broken/doesn't work or whatever).

It looks like it just never initialized, let me know if it happens on that specific character again.

Here are some ideas:

1) Determine how many hostiles are within 8 (changeable option) yards of target

2) Determine how many hostiles are targeting a tank spec party member. (Or just specify a player name). Probably most useful in in arena when you want to determine when enemy team is swapping targets.

3) Determine how many allies are within 8 (changeable option) yards of player (you) or target

4) Show how much absorb shield a player/target has.

Something else:

5) Clickable weakaura (only shows on certain conditions) and if you click it, it runs a macro (eg an add spawns and you need to Taunt it, set a target marker, etc)

6) Determine how many Range DPS are targeting your target / mouseover / name.

7) Determine how many Melee DPS are targeting your target / mouseover / name.

Range and Melee DPS are determined by spec.

Regarding the battle res weakaura, it loaded once fine on my DK in a normal highmaul run, no errors. But then levelling a couple of Alliance toons with my boyfriend, I being a scrub died because starfall is dangerous he went to bres me and I got this http://pastebin.com/V5L5QjkLerror. (pastebinned because it's easier, but lemme know if link is broken/doesn't work or whatever).

I went back and added some lines of code to check for nil, this error should be fixed, use the same pastebin link for an updated version.

Here are some ideas:

1) Determine how many hostiles are within 8 (changeable option) yards of target

2) Determine how many hostiles are targeting a tank spec party member. (Or just specify a player name). Probably most useful in in arena when you want to determine when enemy team is swapping targets.

3) Determine how many allies are within 8 (changeable option) yards of player (you) or target

4) Show how much absorb shield a player/target has.

Something else:

5) Clickable weakaura (only shows on certain conditions) and if you click it, it runs a macro (eg an add spawns and you need to Taunt it, set a target marker, etc)

All great suggestions! I'll see what I can do sometime next week, as I am currently moving out of my house to somewhere new.

• Like 1

I went back and added some lines of code to check for nil, this error should be fixed, use the same pastebin link for an updated version.

All great suggestions! I'll see what I can do sometime next week, as I am currently moving out of my house to somewhere new.

Enjoy your new place!

• Like 1

Okay cool, will let you know if there's any more issues. Good luck with the move!

I would love to have a WA for my hunter that is like the rotation helper for death knights on this forum ( https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/8211-storms-unholy-rotation-helper-weak-auras/)

I would do it myself but have almost no exp in WA so im asking for help

I don't know exactly how hunters works, but I can research it and figure something out eventually.

--

About the battle res weak aura: there is a bug where I'm not using the correct raid size to determine the cooldown timer when you have extra people in the raid group but not in the fight. I'll update later this week, again after the move.

Concerning the Battle Res weak aura: Updated the original pastebin link to "version 3.2" to fix that timer bug. It should now correctly find the CD timer based on the members inside the raid instance when the encounter starts.

I tried to do this, but I think there are some limitation on how to detect a players specialization. It might be doable, but its kind of outside of my own personal scope at this time.

For the rest of it, do you want a number showing how many people are targeting this? or would you rather a list of names with class colors?  Or even an inverse option where it shows people who are NOT targeting this target?

-- 

The clickable weak aura is going to be a sort of long term project ill try to do.   There's a bit extra I have to learn to get that to work properly.

--

As for the players in range, again, I'm sure its entirely possible, but that again is something I have to go try to learn some extra things before I know exactly what to do.

You gave some great ideas, but it might take me a while to even get one of those done.

----

As for the hunter rotation one, I think I'll try to tackle that sometime next week, I'll have to go through storms code and figure out what he did, and then talk to some hunter friends of mine to figure out what the rotation is suppose to look like.

The ideas where just some thoughts I had, so none of them are in dire need. Would be nice if they can be done.

For the rest of it, do you want a number showing how many people are targeting this? or would you rather a list of names with class colors?  Or even an inverse option where it shows people who are NOT targeting this target?

Each of those are also nice suggestions, for now I'm just looking for the number of people targeting a certain player/target.

Yaw Krazy, maybe another similar to the previous:
An aura that shows how many enemies there are in a certain yardage!

I've updated the Battle res weak aura (version 3.3) to make the timer a bit more efficient and accurate.

As for the position weak auras, I'm afraid im going to have to put that on a back burner, becasue the multiple instances of people is something i cant seem to figure out atm.  

I'm also starting a process with someone to develop an addon to manage raid cooldowns, so I'll be a bit busy with that.  Though feel free to keep adding suggestion and maybe I or someone else will eventually get to it =P

Love your Resurrection Monitor, great work.

I have a problem with a string i found, its a custom weak aura script for buffchecks with nameinfo on it and a rangecheck.

http://pastebin.com/RM0bGZNb

So far so good, i tried to edit it a bit but the problem is when Classes can buff more then one thing.

Some examples:

- Paladin buffed Mastery, so don't check for Stats

- Warrior buffed Stamina, so don't check for AttackPower

- Priest Buffed Stamina, Warrior should get anounced for missing Attackpower

- Warlock buffed SpellPower but mage should get anounced for missing CritBuff

My lua knowledge is limited to editing stuff, but i'm bad at creating new scripts wink.png Maybe u can help if you are interested in something like this.

Edited by FourOne

I have 2 questions hope you guys can helpsmile.png

1) how to track the debuff on my party members?

2) for council boss, is it possible to track all the bosses? The iron maiden for example, I want to track both Marak's ability_ironmaidens_bloodritual.gif Blood Ritual   and Gar'an gains ability_ironmaidens_ironshot.gif Penetrating Shot

Currently I set Gar'an as a focus and track the focus's casting. But I can not track Marak because there is only one focus frame.

Thanks!

For multi boss you basically need to just use boss1, boss2, and boss3 and their unitID. Each boss will correspond to those (if you're not sure which is which, look at boss frames on your UI and it should be from top to bottom. If you use ElvUI it's bottom to top / or use /tar boss1 to see who boss 1 is)