FORUMS
Krazyito

Weak Auras - Ask here for help! Read first post: Discord channel

Well, you can check my WA guide - I tried to make the things as simple as possible, and our auras thread. It is shaman specific mostly but you'll be able to get an impression what kind of stuff (not complicated and without coding skills) people are doing. You can decide after how it's the best for you to continue. 

I'll be sure to take a look! Sorry for the late response from me, thanks! I'll be sure to come to you if I have any more questions!

Easiest thing I can tell you to base ALL of your auras off (then you can duplicate and just change what your'e looking for)

New -> Icon -> Trigger -> (Aura name: Rake [example]) -> Unit: Target

That should show an icon on your screen whenever your target has Rake, you should also check 'Own Only' to make sure you're only tracking your own rakes and not other ferals.

Hey i was looking for working weak aura that shows yards range to enemy target. There was some weak auras but none seems work. I know there is addons but I wanted weak aura for that.

Hey i was looking for working weak aura that shows yards range to enemy target. There was some weak auras but none seems work. I know there is addons but I wanted weak aura for that.

It's not possible.I already did that here:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/9948-weak-auras-ask-here-for-help/?p=109395

The best I can do for you is based k your own spells (either greater than 40y or less than. Not exact)

Hey, I'm back after this forum helped get me on my feet with Weak Auras.  I've been using it considerably since--so powerful.

But I'm still not an expert.  I would like to if Weak Auras can help me switch a bar (or key binding, or even change a macro) based on whether I'm fighting an enemy controlled player or not.  Here's my situation:

I have an item (mecha-blast rocket) that I have macro'd into one of my hunter shots (Explosive Shot).  But I'd like to use these items only against enemy players (in BGs, duels, or world PVP).  Can I use Weak Auras to accomplish this?  I know I can use WA to create a trigger based on whether my target is a player controlled hostile unit. But I'm unclear on the next step (whether it's even possible or not).

I was thinking about having 2 different macros for Explosive Shot:  one that uses the item and one that does not.  Then perhaps WA could automatically swap different macros into my bar slot?  Or I could have 2 different bars, each with a different macro, and WA could automatically swap my bars based on my target?

WA swapping things based on target might now be possible.  But what about WA swapping things based on zone?  I could live with the auto-swapping when I entered and left a BG (leaving me to manually make swaps in duels/world pvp).  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Thats not possible.  using spell/items are protected by blizzard where you have an addon automatically use an item, there has to be some associated click or button press with it.

No, you're just going have to decide when you use it, my suggestion, re-bind it to a whole new keybind and press it when you need to instead of macroing it with something.

Thanks for the reply.  Just be clear though, I'm not exactly asking an add-on to *use* the item for me.  Let me draw an example of what I'm trying to do:

I have macro1:

/cast explosive shot

and macro 2:

/use mecha-blast rocket
/cast explosive shot

In the open world, the 4 key on my keyboard is mapped to macro1.  But in BGs, I switch the 4 key to map to macro2.  Is there any way for Weak Auras to carry out this switch automatically, whenever I enter and leave a BG?

Or perhaps this can be done within a single macro?  For example, my mount macro can call a different mount based on whether my current location allows flying or not.

You may already understand that this is what I'm trying to do.  If so, I apologize--just wanting to be sure I properly explained my request.

Edited by cag8f

I think you misunderstand what WAs are used for.  Weak Auras are used to make Auras, which are icons used to show different information, not to automate certain aspects of gameplay (in this case, switching macros).  Also, macro 1 is redundant, as that is as simple as dragging the spell onto the keybind slot.

Thanks for the reply.  Just be clear though, I'm not exactly asking an add-on to *use* the item for me.  Let me draw an example of what I'm trying to do:

I have macro1:

/cast explosive shot

and macro 2:

/use mecha-blast rocket
/cast explosive shot

In the open world, the 4 key on my keyboard is mapped to macro1.  But in BGs, I switch the 4 key to map to macro2.  Is there any way for Weak Auras to carry out this switch automatically, whenever I enter and leave a BG?

Or perhaps this can be done within a single macro?  For example, my mount macro can call a different mount based on whether my current location allows flying or not.

You may already understand that this is whatI'm trying to do.  If so, I apologize--just wanting to be sure I properly explained my request.

No, you can't have weak auras change macros for you.  The next best thing would be for you to add a modifier to the macro

/use [mod:ctrl] mecha-blast rocket

/use explosive shot

I think you misunderstand what WAs are used for.  Weak Auras are used to make Auras, which are icons used to show different information, not to automate certain aspects of gameplay (in this case, switching macros).  Also, macro 1 is redundant, as that is as simple as dragging the spell onto the keybind slot.

You CAN do some extra things in weak auras, because its all just LUA code you can execute like an addon.  Take an addon such as Vuhdo or Gird.  Technically you can code a version of those addons as a weak aura and use it just the same.  (it would be very ill advised because its more efficient to just make your own addon, but its doable)  

@Orthios:  I see what you're saying about WA--only used to create notifications and not actually carry out any actions.  I see that this might be beyond its scope then.

>> Also, macro 1 is redundant, as that is as simple as dragging the spell onto the keybind slot.

I agree that it would be unnecessary.  I only used it for simplicity's sake, as an example.  My actual macro has many other lines.

To both of you though, what about just LUA script inside the macro itself?  Clearly there are some allowances for conditional testing/execution.  For example, my macro that calls my ground mount if I'm in a no-flying zone, and calls my flying mount if I'm in a flying zone (don't have the script handy to post right now).  Would something similar be possible in this situation?

Or what about, when I enter a BG, a big clickable button pops up that switches my bars?  I remember a previous add-on I had ("Purge, Steal, Dispel" or something like that) that would alert me if my target gained a buff that I could dispel.  At the same time, a clickable button would appear in the center of my UI that would cast my dispel (hunter's Tranq Shot).  Can I use WA (or another add-on) to accomplish that?

Hi there, so with the release of the new patch 6.2, there is a new raid Hellfire Citadel.

On Gorefiend, there is an add that spawns and I would like to create a Weak Aura that will appear when this add spawns, the add is called Gorebound Spirit

Thanks in advance

Or what about, when I enter a BG, a big clickable button pops up that switches my bars?  I remember a previous add-on I had ("Purge, Steal, Dispel" or something like that) that would alert me if my target gained a buff that I could dispel.  At the same time, a clickable button would appear in the center of my UI that would cast my dispel (hunter's Tranq Shot).  Can I use WA (or another add-on) to accomplish that?

At that point its literally easier to just do it yourser.

Hi there, so with the release of the new patch 6.2, there is a new raid Hellfire Citadel.

On Gorefiend, there is an add that spawns and I would like to create a Weak Aura that will appear when this add spawns, the add is called Gorebound Spirit

Thanks in advance

here you go:

d0dTfaWBvSlvLSnvs1(KsjZuLKMRkPmBkCAOUns15LQ8nKKomK2Puv7fSBe7x8tvf1WKkzCQk1ZKs1qjbgSYWHWbjH6uKehdIoNQISqsslLeYIrklNspuvbpLQLjL8Cu9AsetLIMmPA6exuQORIK4YsUokBuLewej1MLITJK6JsP4ZQutJe03vvOrQsIEmPmAvvJxQuNKePBjLsDnvI7jvyLQYFrIrrIAajycoDW1bxhmbV7p30WlbUIlx(gz7Fc5176YL2766Tui002k8c4mIyX33LfmbNrWc40oCElWz8IchrPHBWAuyeSaQcc4IfFFxwWeCPhIcCUGkmo4mEr5VqnKFqvW)lud5NYbrzrLJf82QdWzeSaoTdN3c8)c1q(bhj4msrDreWrzYbCgVOWiybufCgVOWruA4gSgfgblGQGa(FHV)fOpsKxa34GQdMGlOgfratWPZmemycciGxeTdJiLfRdosQ(D7GZ4fLIODyePSyDqvW1XnnynMH0dmbNoZqWGjiGaUfvRatWPZmemycciGBpgfycoDMHGbtqabeW1XCegO9CbvtjCWBZXw0omIEMJaBXsMI1em1f426gFiM9quGJ1oeWrzYbObowh87JTODye9mocSflGJQRJf8HGAqrS477YYbtOpsWeCXIVVllycU0drbUgJlh6GRX4YHofPhIcCUGkmo4f1fra)klud5hCoJwrDrefyRgC3G7kOZREvW1yC5qh8ggrtWhIYQKxwwwgUjJkeS0z3yUWvwnTdN3sTkzYFrYlllllllld3Krfcw6JsVuwnTdN3sTkzD0rM62CSfTdJON5iWwSOot(lsEzzzzzzzzzzzz2sywsMyzvEzzzzzzzzLbVYllllllllllllZwcZsYAqn4vEzzzzzzzzfrpVSSSSIONxwwwMTeMLK1GAWR8kIEE5LxE5LxE5LxE5LxE5LxEGZiybCegO9kl4A)LMsaNHqhvkW5mAf1frCwtdUBWP8bf7MuCtfRitWz8IcJGfqvWzKI6IiGJYKdiGZiIfFFxwWeCngxo0bVHr0e8HOSk5LLLLHBYOcblD2nMlCLvt7W5TuRsM8xK8YYYYYYYYWnzuHGL(O0lLvt7W5TuRswhDKPUnhBr7Wi6zocSflQZK)IKxwwwwwwwwwwwMTeMLK1GAWR8YYYYYYYYkdELxwwwwwwwwwwwMTeMLKjwwLxwwwwwwwwr0ZllllRi65LLLLzlHzjzILv5veDqabeW)iwx(H(irEb8EFUPHxc0VfYV((7UANQi76tTt1lGty0nT477YYH(TaxhZryG2tPAhc4kLiLTbvRUMs1oe(1CeLHbf)hv)8rkkc9gtUDnBHshCUGQPeUcoyIa(h6SVzNkceW5G36lKF11xxaNAOpsf2cjiaa

>> At that point its literally easier to just do it yourser.

Thanks for this.  So are you saying that this *is* possible with WA?  My understanding was that WA could only create inert notifications--not a clickable button.  If this is possible, how would I begin creating such a button?  If it's relatively straightforward, just let me know.  My game isn't accessible right now, so I can't open up WA and fiddle around with the config.

Thanks again.

>> At that point its literally easier to just do it yourser.

Thanks for this.  So are you saying that this *is* possible with WA?  My understanding was that WA could only create inert notifications--not a clickable button.  If this is possible, how would I begin creating such a button?  If it's relatively straightforward, just let me know.  My game isn't accessible right now, so I can't open up WA and fiddle around with the config.

Thanks again.

I think (but I didn't try this as a hunter) what Krazito was saying is that standard healing raid frames like VuhDo (and I think Grid too) show dispelable debuffs by default so you can dispel on mouseover. No need in additional addons or custom auras.

Sorry, if I understood it wrong.

You can make a clickable button in Weak auras... but its not really recommended. 

The main problem is you cant really hide / show in combat because of restrictions set by blizzard.

@Pandacho:  I'm not looking to dispel anything. I was just using the dispel add-on as an example of something in WoW creating a clickable button whenever a certain condition is met.  In that case, the condition was a buff appearing on my target.  And upon clicking, the button cast a spell.  In my case, the condition would be when I enter a BG.  And upon clicking, I would like a bar to be swapped.  It sounds like it's not easy though.

@Krazyito:  OK, thanks for the info.  I will just use WA to notify me then.  

Hi everyone. I just started making my own WAs, and I need help with the load condition. I want my newest WA to load only on raid boss encounters, and not on trash and outside of raid instance. Where do i apply these settings? Thanks.

if you mouse over 'encounter ID' it should give you the numbers to input in the load conditions.

rWYu4fp.png

• Like 1

So, I'm loving Weak Auras for the most part, but I can't get my progress texture attached to my evasion to work correctly. The texture drains out for about 7 seconds, then sits empty for the remaining three. I'd really prefer it to simply drain down from 10 seconds properly and then disappear. Here's the data the mod gave me:

dyZldaGlb51qb2hQKMRkz2kCtOqDBKStvyVKDtX(HI4NqLgMk63qgkuidgksdNsDqPKJHQohuLfcf1sHcAXcOLRQtlYtbltkEokpgPMQunzrnDjxuk1Hv6zqPUUI2iQe3tOAZuY2rKpRs9vuPMMq57c0FfY2euJgHgpuYjru3saUgcopuXLPACqv9nuXIxDbjbKnL)wlTFrMgzyxGTpgraXnJcgbe3mki37NfWe0eIp0ziccOeKfKvxWsxjKHPUaRKjXiQUGmkIYzS92vGQujO(09T)QlyNfIEGmUcuaZ2hdYzbeA4WrGzPCM66GxqBsllHm6OrqBsllHmQeywkpcz7)wOxq84cONScrfrmLDbvIYZcMmpIz7Jb5SWSaA00uc4pfywkxqBsllHmcENcxB)3c9c4ACb0OPPW12)TqVG4XfWS9XGCMPUoA0bHgoCuj4Dkb8NQemqBwDbtMhzCs(Rafu7WnL6cOMJkPUkvcYjlRe9Cu4OUaQ5OsQRsLGFPD1fqnhvsDvQeywkxagIyU5(xsUGjZJmlLlml4rdxDbuZrLuxLkvcSqVF)OPj3DSQ57ciBk)TwA)QvoJmSlU9fdAn)LDHrOG(3A(ldJ9CAVAn)LD1A(lFybVFNqMoo2Ua7hD)oJvow18Db0pYochDCgkMaSW1YI5L4cbS5pXNaEeoXRbBcC4BKvaHdlWmP6F6(2FMo4fKYcAtAzjKbtW0gb7WM4QJZqCiiiykxe1rd)PaA0a9QRsao4AzX8sCjGW4JxyESdZJhhSXpg(nXKvaX4iG(r2ryPJZqXujyvxqBsllHmciBk)TwA)ImnYWUaBFmIaIBgfmciUzuqU3pRsajDWhRHxLe

What on Earth am I doing wrong?? For the record, I'm having this problem with my Slice and Dice and Feint mods as well, which work basically the same way.

Greetings! 

So, I've been wrestling with creating this WA all weekend and can't seem to get it running. Basically, even before seeing the Method Mythic Gorefiend kill video, I've been trying to make a WA that points in the direction of the rooted player with Shared Fate. I've been trying to use the snippet off of Vox's Wiki, but apparently I'm not using it correctly. Just wondering if someone has a moment to either explain how to set that snippet up to work properly, or perhaps someone has a working WA with an arrow pointing at a target/player/NPC that I can tweak for the encounter. 

Thanks in advance.

Greetings! 

So, I've been wrestling with creating this WA all weekend and can't seem to get it running. Basically, even before seeing the Method Mythic Gorefiend kill video, I've been trying to make a WA that points in the direction of the rooted player with Shared Fate. I've been trying to use the snippet off of Vox's Wiki, but apparently I'm not using it correctly. Just wondering if someone has a moment to either explain how to set that snippet up to work properly, or perhaps someone has a working WA with an arrow pointing at a target/player/NPC that I can tweak for the encounter. 

Thanks in advance.

Someone asked me to make something like that as well, and I honestly have no idea how the Vox one works.  I posted on their forums and maybe the author will see it and make one.

So, I'm loving Weak Auras for the most part, but I can't get my progress texture attached to my evasion to work correctly. The texture drains out for about 7 seconds, then sits empty for the remaining three. I'd really prefer it to simply drain down from 10 seconds properly and then disappear. Here's the data the mod gave me:

What on Earth am I doing wrong?? For the record, I'm having this problem with my Slice and Dice and Feint mods as well, which work basically the same way.

I'll look into it.

Edit: It has to do with the texture you're using.  If you want a timer like that you need something that goes all the way through.  Since that texture technically doesn't have a bottom part, it just keeps ticking the timer where you can't see it.  Weak aura's isnt doing anything wrong, its just not smart enough to account for the textures.

Really this is not something I can fix and something you have to mention to the developer.  All you can do is have a 'bigger' weak aura that shows the timer all the way.

something like this: 

9cfwOcg.png

Okay, now I need help with something else, and this time its a little more advanced :P I want to make a clock. I want a simple timer that starts at 0 seconds every time i engage in combat, and I just want it to keep counting seconds until the fight ends. Now here's the twist, I want the clock to reset every time one of my weapon enchants proc! (Preferably we could make two timers, one for each weapon). If it helps I do understand basic lua. Thanks.

Hey Krazyito, I think what you're doing here is awesome! Keep up the helpful work!

I need some help, I'm looking to create a weak aura to track the warrior talent/buff Unyielding Strikes. Basically Unyielding strikes is a buff we get, that stacks 5 times, that reduces the cost of our Heroic Strike. I'm looking to create a weakauras that will show each stack of the buff as a 'box' on a bar. Similar to how holy power and such resources are tracked.

Something that looks similar to this

Thank you for any help in advance!