Chimera

What am I doing wrong?? Please help!

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hey there everyone, I have been playing Hunter since BC around Gruuls Lair and have loved my class...Until latley

Im not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything) I can't compete with the other dps in my guild and am not enjoying playing my hunter for the first time in years.

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Chimera/advanced

Logs:http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/105255/

My rotation is the exact same as Icy Veins descirbes along with my cooldown priorities.

If there is anything else I need to post let me know and I shall do so...

Thank you in advance for the help and advice, I don't want to give up on my hunter and swap to my Lock but unless something changes that is what is bound to happen, DONT LET THIS HAPPEN FELLOW HUNTERS!

Hey there everyone, I have been playing Hunter since BC around Gruuls Lair and have loved my class...Until latley

Im not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything) I can't compete with the other dps in my guild and am not enjoying playing my hunter for the first time in years.

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Chimera/advanced

Logs:http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/105255/

My rotation is the exact same as Icy Veins descirbes along with my cooldown priorities.

If there is anything else I need to post let me know and I shall do so...

Thank you in advance for the help and advice, I don't want to give up on my hunter and swap to my Lock but unless something changes that is what is bound to happen, DONT LET THIS HAPPEN FELLOW HUNTERS!

Hey there :)

I've looked at your character, and your set-up seems mostly good. You're quite a bit over the Hit cap, though, so there are still ways to improve things a bit. I recommend using http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormreaver/chimera and clicking on Optimize, this will show you what to do. Yes, in your current case it will put you under the Expertise cap slightly, but this is a DPS increase. If you don't like being under-capped, you can click on Options and choose to Force Hit and Expertise caps (last option there).

Looking at your logs, the two most glaring things I've noticed are low uptime of abilities and low overall active time. I looked at your fights against The Stone Guard and Will of the Emperor specifically, and in both cases, your uptime on Serpent Sting was much lower than it should be. There's no excuse for having less than 90% (and in fact, you should probably have 98% and up). Secondly, your uptime on Black Arrow is also lower than it should be. By my calculations, on your Stone Guard kill, you actually missed out on a full minute of possible Black Arrow uptime, which is pretty huge.

Secondly, on The Stone Guard, you had 80% active time. Comparing that to other Survival Hunters on the same fight, they had 99% and up.

The two issues are connected. I don't know what is happening exactly in your case (whether you are lagging a lot or your computer is slow, or what), but it appears that you spend a good chunk of the fight no doing anything. Again, without seeing video footage or so, I can't tell much, but you should always be casting a spell, whether it be Cobra Shot, or dumping excess focus, and you should always keep basically perfect Serpent Sting uptime. Cobra Shot refreshes it so there's really very little reason for it to ever fall off, and having 60% uptime is going to affect your DPS a lot.

Oh also, I saw you only used Kill Shot 3 times on The Stone Guard, when you should have time to use it a lot more than that :)

I hope this helps somewhat, and if you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the response!

In regards to uptime last night I was working with around 2k latency and dcing in between fights.

I'm wondering if you can take a look at some logs from previous nights where I was in BM spec to see if there are any glaring issues.

I feel like when comparing my logs to another ranking hunter, the other hunters kill command damage far exceeds mine, but that I feel isn't the only issue.

Thanks again

I'm sorry, but could you point me to some specific logs? I can't actually find you as BM anywhere :)

Tip 1: Raid in Beast Mastery spec.

Tip 2: Hit and Expertise to 7.50% each. Anything over this is overkill and is precious numbers that could be reforged to mastery or crit.

Tip 3: Bring your haste down. Too much haste becomes wasteful as well. Assuming maximum uptime on Dire Beast (should be cast as soon as off CD) focus regen shoudn't be a huge issue.

Tip 4: If Agility is an available enchant for that item slot DO NOT enchant anything else. Especially haste...

Tip 5: Unless the socket bonus is more Agility than gemming would get you, ALWAYS gem Agility.

Tip 6: Have I told you how much to not worry about haste yet?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bowsersfury
      Hello, 
      I am concerned that I am severely under performing as a fury warrior. I can manage to parse typically in the 80s for almost every fight in heroic ToS with a few exceptions: Mistress, Host, Avatar. I'm currently 933 equipped and I'm not at all concerned about my stats... I know I should and could be parsing in the 90s. But I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

My opener looks something like this: Charge, Pop Moonglaives trinket, Pop all CDS, Raging Blow, Oden's Fury, Rampage, then start normal priority rotation: Enraged RB>100 rage Rampage>RB>BT>FS. 

I have recently discovered that I have been doing my execute phase entirely wrong. I just went and tried first two bosses of heroic ToS again. Parses went up slightly... Goroth: 83->89, Inquis:84->90 but still not where I need to be. 
      Another think I'd like to mention is that I try to prioritize Enraged RB @100 rage before hitting rampage. According to Kelade (one of top fury warriors in US), this is 100k dps difference. Although at times I find myself in an awkward situation where I'm at 100 rage with RB on CD and I literally have to wait a whole global to hit it... I'd like to know how to make that stop lol. 

Last issue I'd like to bring up is this: Most of the time not all my CDs will line up perfectly together... BC, glaives, OF will be up but Avatar will be down. I'm slightly confused about when to use All/some of my cds... especially on fights like heroic KJ. Fights like Harj and Miss I'm confused about if I should hold all my cds for adds or blow them in the beginning along with prepot... I feel like prepot is a total waste without cds...

Below you will find the link to my armory and logs. Please Help me. I need to be parsing much higher than I am. My guild is doing mythic and I don't want to be the one holding us back.  

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/bòwser
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26903184
    • By cruizerdog
      Hey, so I've recently decided to main a BM hunter for the rest of legion and was just curious if there was some helpful tips out there (I've been reading up on the guides/forum posts but trying to see if I'm doing ok).

this is me. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/greenmidget

sorry, I haven't done this before so I don't have any data to link or know how to use stuff like Warcraft logs or sims. I've also haven't done many runs of tombs yet so don't have any tier pieces.

looking at the icy veins guides I've talented for dire frenzy but didn't realise how much mastery I ended up with. Have I gone too crazy with mastery, should I be adjusting my stat prio better? Thinking I should probably gem for more haste. Most of my enchants/ gems I'm using are just ones I had the highest rank for and cheapest to make so my necklace is probably enchanted wrong.

i probably specced for mostly single target and think I've been doing fairly poorly for AoE damage compared to other people around my ilvl. Although I know to use multi-shot to refresh beast cleave I probably spam multi-shot more than the 4 secs needed, don't really use dire frenzy effectively, use titan's thunder basically whenever it's off cooldown, don't really know when I'm meant to be using aspect of the wild or whether I should be using beastial wrath in AoE fights. Should I be using murder of crows in AoE fights as well or is it just a waste of focus?

For single target I think I'm doing alright so far (only recently got the legendary boots so not sure how much the kill command cooldown should affect my rotation). Still don't really know when the best time is to be using aspect of the wild but I was basically doing the same as the icy veins guide. My opening sequence is usually something like Murder of crows, beastial wrath, titans thunder, then just kill command, cobra shot, kill command cobra shot etc.

Looking at icy veins guide I think I'm meant to be doing murder of the crows, beastial wrath, dire frenzy, titans thunder, then another dire frenzy straight away, aspect of the wild then normal rotation. After that it's just kill command/cobra shot I guess. While beastiality wrath is in effect should I only be spamming kill command/cobra shot for the quick cooldowns or should I still be using dire frenzy during this time? I use titan thunder when it's off cooldown and dire frenzy whenever it has 2 stacks. I usually just used murder of the crows when it was off cooldown but the guide seems to indicate that I should wait the extra 30 seconds and time it with my next bestial wrath. As for aspect of the wild I usually forget I even have this move and don't use it effectively, do I wait and combined it with bestial wrath? Wait and use it when I'm low on focus? Or use it as soon as it's off cooldown?

Thanks for listening to my rambling and hopefully thanks for your reply.

P.S. It's probably more of a personally choice or situational choice I guess but should I be talenting myself more for AoE for mythics. Example, one with the pack, volley, aspect of the beast?

• By Mezasu
      I've been playing a hunter for as long as I've been playing this game.  And for the first time in raiding, I feel like I am not doing my best and I cannot figure out why. I look at second by second rotations of top parsing hunters. In the past I was the one helping others out and writing small guides on forums...now I'm the one asking for help. 
      Here is a link to Goroth Mythic (my hunter's name is Mezäsu):
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KjRvcMqbYGrp16Bt#fight=3
      I am very open to criticism and any help anyone has to offer.
      I tried going into the Discord to ask for help there but was not able to get a word in (as the helpers were busy with other people). Hoping I may have better luck here.
    • By Seagaard
      Hello! Just another desperate warrior, seeking to improve in any possible way!
      Im Seagaard, from Ravencrest: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/seagaard
      Im struggling doing as much DPS as i would want, and i am looking into possible changes. I know a 4 set bonus will be an obvious improvement, but i just dont think that is the only thing that makes my dps lack. 
      Here is a log of me wiping (alot) with my guild on Avatar.  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K6XLCHaAvZ2r7G1y#fight=3&view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=1
      I know its not much, but there is a couple of good tries in there. 
      Any help or criticism is appreciated :)