Overwatch 2 Talents
The talents system in Overwatch 2 allows players to customise how they play each character, depending on the situation and what is of required of them.
This page will be updated as more information becomes available throughout BlizzCon and beyond.
How does the system work?
In Overwatch 2, players will be able to level up characters. As they level, they will unlock talents for those characters that can have a huge impact on how the character is played.
These talents will not be active outside of the PvE missions, as the team felt it was best for everyone to be on a level playing field in PvP.
List of Known Talents
Below is a list and description of the talents that have been previewed so far.
- Adaptive Reload (Level 1) — Pulse Pistols reload when using any ability.
- Chain Reaction (Level 1) — Pulse Bomb causes secondary explosions on enemies that are damaged by it.
- Flash (Level 10) — Blinking through enemies damages them.
- Hindsight (Level 10) — Recall causes damage to all recently damaged enemies.
- Vortex (Level 20) — Enemies are pulled toward the point of Recall and snared.
- Speed Kills (Level 20) — Killing blows speed up your cooldowns.
- Sojiro's Guidance — Any arrow that hits an enemy detected by Sonic Arrow will seek and pierce all other detected enemies.
- Epicenter — Earthshatter travels in all directions.
- Impact Converter — Rocket Hammer damage recharges your Barrier Field.
- Frenzy — Rocket Hammer swings faster after consecutive hits.
- Amplification Field — Barrier Field increases damage of friendly projectiles passing through it.
- Fault Line — Earthershatter does more damage in a narrower cone.
- Balderich's Stand — Gain armor and damage when your barrier breaks.
- Fire Burst — Fire Strike explodes every time it deals damage, lighting nearby enemies on fire.
- Cold Snap — When Cryo-freeze ends, nearby enemies are instantly frozen.
- The Snowball Effect — Continue to move after using Cryo-freeze, rolling and knocking down enemies.
- Shatter — Frozen enemies shatter upon death, dealing damage to enemies around them.
- Hypothermia — Blizzard instantly kills frozen enemies under 200 health.
- Frostbite — Frozen enemies take more damage.
- Polar Vortex — Blizzard covers a huge area and ignores line of sight.
- Dragon's Breath — While using Dragonblade, your slashes create a large, piercing projectile.
- Flame Thrower — Turrets have a flamethrower instead of a minigun.
- My Babies! — Torbjörn can place up to 3 mini turrets, instead of 1 regular turret.
- 03 Nov. 2019: Added further information on Reinhardt and Mei talents, added Lucio.
- 01 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- NetEase Responds to Blizzard Licensing Agreement Expiration
- Most Blizzard Game Services to Be Suspended in China on January 23rd
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2022 Financial Results
- New Overwatch 2 Hero Announced: Ramattra