TBC Classic Marksmanship Hunter Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Marksmanship Hunter in TBC Classic for PvE content.
Burning Crusade is much more similar to modern WoW than Classic when it comes to consumables and enchantments. In the Burning Crusade, several limitations specifically to consumables were added to limit the amount that you could run to a more manageable number. Below is a list of all the possible consumables and enchantments that you can make use of as a Marksmanship Hunter.
It is worth noting, however, that unlike in Classic, we will always recommend using the appropriate consumables for raiding in TBC. In Classic, you could still clear all the raids without utilizing consumables, but the higher relative difficulty of content in TBC and the lower number of possible consumables makes them more valuable. If you are looking to get into raiding in TBC, you should try to utilize all of the enchants and consumables that you can.
Best Enchants for Marksmanship Hunters
|Head||Glyph of Ferocity — from the Cenarion Expedition in Zangarmarsh.|
|Shoulders||Might of the Scourge — drops from Sapphiron in Naxxramas. Greater Inscription of the Blade or Greater Inscription of Vengeance from either the Aldors or Scryerss is also a perfectly fine alternative if you do not want to do Naxxramas.|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Greater Agility|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracer - Assault|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility|
|Legs||Nethercobra Leg Armor|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Dexterity|
|One-Handed Weapons||Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility|
|Two-Handed Weapon||Enchant 2H Weapon - Major Agility|
|Ranged Weapon||Stabilized Eternium Scope|
Best Gems for Marksmanship Hunters
To understand the best gem choices, you need to first understand the Beast Master Hunter stat priority. First and foremost, you want to be hit-capped at 9% hit or 142 hit rating. If you are raiding with a Draenei in your group and a Balance Druid in your raid, that drops to 5% hit or 79 hit rating. After getting your hit cap, you want to prioritize stacking Agility. Gems are a great way to min-max your stats to get the minimum amount of hit needed for the cap. Also, do not forget that you need to use some specific color combinations to activate your meta gem.
- Red - Delicate Crimson Spinel
- Yellow - Wicked Pyrestone
- Blue - Jagged Seaspray Emerald. Blue sockets are typically low value, but using these green gems can satisfy both the yellow and blue requirement for a meta gem at once, allowing you to use more red gems elsewhere in your gear.
Finally, Relentless Earthstorm Diamond is the best meta gem. For this meta gem, you will need 2 red, 2 yellow, and 2 blue gems in your gear. Keep in mind that a blue gem does not necessarily mean just a blue gem - green and purple gems also count as "blue" because they are combinations of blue plus yellow/red.
Best Consumables for Marksmanship Hunters
For food, Spicy Hot Talbuk is your best food buff if you are not hit capped. If you are hit capped, then you want Grilled Mudfish for the Agility. Leveling your Cooking helps considerably in reducing the cost of these and, as a secondary profession, everyone can learn it with no limitations.
Flask of Relentless Assault is your best flask. However, Elixir of Major Agility and Elixir of Major Mageblood are better in most situations. The major downside is that the elixirs will disappear on death, making them potentially significantly more expensive during raids. Also, whenever you fight against a Demon such as Magtheridon, Elixir of Demonslaying is significantly stronger than any flask.
Weapon stones are also incredibly important for Hunters at the moment. Adamantite Weightstone for blunt weapons and Adamantite Sharpening Stone for blades will be the best options.
Haste Potion is your best offensive potion.
Demonic Runes and Dark Runes both grant Mana in exchange for health and will allow you to get more casts in before needing to swap to Aspect of the Viper on longer encounters.
Any Scrolls of Agility/Intellect are also nice buffs and worth using.
- 14 Jan. 2022: Updated for Phase 3.
- 25 May 2021: Guide added.
- Honor Reward Increases and Requirement Decreases Coming to Burning Crusade Classic With January 27th Update
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 26th
- Blizzard Working on a New Survival Game for PC and Console
- Announcements We Can Expect this Week? (Speculation Post)
- Hardcore One-Life Ragnaros (and Rest of Molten Core)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 21st
- A Message from Mike Ybarra
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3, Patch 2.5.3 Notes
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?