WotLK Classic Arms Warrior Spec, Builds, Talents, and Glyphs
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talent choices and builds for your Arms Warrior in WotLK Classic, as well as advised glyphs.
Talent Builds for Arms Warrior in Wrath of the Lich King
Arms Warrior has a core talent build with a few points that can be swapped around. Depending on your gear level, you will need to change some talents around to fit the playstyle that is appropriate for your gear.
This is the standard build for an Arms Warrior. Depending on your racial choice as well as your current gear, you may need to add or remove an additional point Weapon Mastery.
Important Talents for Arms Warrior in Wrath of the Lich King
In this section we will go over some of the key talents you will use when you are playing an Arms Warrior. Be sure to understand your most important talents as they are vital to play the build to its fullest strength.
This is the main talent for an Arms Warrior, allowing you to use Overpower every 6 seconds regardless if the target dodged your attack or not. This is the key talent for the spec, so be sure to keep Rend applied to a enemy at all times when you are in combat.
Giving you both 5% crit chance and 5% crit damage, this talent is strong enough to dictate your weapon choices. You will always want to be using an Axe or Polearm to take advantage of this powerful talent.
Amplifies your cleave damage even further. Be sure to use this whenever you are fighting multiple enemies at a time, especially before you use Bladestorm.
Increases bleed damage taken on targets you crit with melee attacks. This will be applied without needing to think about it. It is worth noting that Thunder Clap counts as a ranged spell and will not apply this debuff even if it crits.
Allows you to Charge in combat, giving you increased mobility whenever you need to move.
This talent falls in line with Taste for Blood, adding another proc to your rotation. This talent is much more random however, but also has the added effect of insuring you will always keep at least 10 Rage after using Execute. This is important as you always want to be sure you can use Overpower when your Taste for Blood procs.
Increases your personal Attack Speed by 10%. Also increases all Physical damage taken by enemies afflicted by your bleeds. Great personal and raid damage boost.
Causes your melee crits to Enrage you, increasing all damage you cause by 10%. This will basically have 100% uptime whenever you are attacking.
The powerful point talent at the bottom of the Arms tree; this is a great cooldown for AoEing, absolutely melting nearby enemies. Try to pair this together with Sweeping Strikes to deal even more AoE damage.
Best Glyphs for Arms Warrior in Wrath of the Lich King
Glyphs are a new consumable of sorts introduced in Wrath of the Lich King. Glyphs greatly improve certain spells when you learn them, supporting and even enabling some builds. Glyphs are not permanently learned, so you will want to carry multiple glyphs on you so you can change them quickly depending on the raid or boss encounter you are in. Certain glyphs perform better in different scenarios, so be sure to swap them around appropriately.
Major Glyphs for Arms Warrior in Wrath of the Lich King
- Glyph of Rending — The entirety of the Arms Warrior specialization revolves around Rend, making this glyph a must-have. You have a ton of other spells and procs you want to use, and this helps you do that by having to cast Rend less often.
- Glyph of Execution — This glyph works well for Arms Warrior as you will use Execute somewhat frequently thanks to the Sudden Death talent.
- Glyph of Mortal Strike — Mortal Strike is a key part of the Arms Warrior build, making this glyph an easy choice.
- Glyph of Cleaving — Should be swapped out with Glyph of Mortal Strike on bosses where you can Cleave a large portion of the fight.
- Glyph of Heroic Strike — 10 Rage restoration on Heroic Strike may not seem like a lot, but with talents like Incite and Cruelty, you will be getting 10 Rage back more often than not, making this a great glyph when you are less geared.
Minor Glyphs for Arms Warrior in Wrath of the Lich King
- Glyph of Thunder Clap — Is great for a minor glyph, slightly increasing the range of your AoE ability.
- Glyph of Bloodrage — The impact of this glyph is fairly minor overall, but it helps out your healers a bit and makes you generally a little bit safer.
- Glyph of Command — Typically you will not be casting Commanding Shout as Fury Warriors usually take the talent Commanding Presence, giving them a buffed version of Commanding Shout. If you are responsible for buffing this shout, this glyph is a great choice.
- Glyph of Charge — With Juggernaut allowing you to charge in combat, this glyph helps your mobility out slightly when you need to move.
- Glyph of Battle — This glyph typically is not used, but is very nice while leveling or in general solo play to reduce how often you need to cast Battle Shout.
- 11 May 2023: Updated for Phase 3.
- 10 Jan. 2023: Updated page for Phase 2.
- 07 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look