Warrior Class Overview
Masters of combat, Warriors are a staple of war since the beginning of time. Combining strength, leadership and a mastery of all weapons and armor, Warriors aim to wreak havoc in combat. Arming themselves with sturdy shields or deadly weapons, Warriors aim to utilize their Rage to inflict devastating attacks upon their foes.
Warriors receive multiple improvements during Wrath of the Lich King, improving their previous weaknesses greatly. Warriors have the option of being either a tank or a damage dealer, with both roles being very powerful choices.
Races For Warriors
In Wrath of the Lich King, Warriors can be all races for Alliance, and all races except for the Blood Elves for the Horde.
Warriors are able to choose from 3 specializations: Arms, Fury, and Protection.
- Arms focuses on dealing damage with Two-Handed weapons. It has the option to use multiple different weapon types and brings a debuff that increases the raid's Physical damage and bleed damage dealt. Arms is also the standard PvP spec.
- Fury focuses purely on damage. Using raw strength, Fury can wield Two-handed weapons in each hand, greatly increasing the damage it can output. Fury is fast-paced, having a very simple yet satisfying damage-dealing rotation.
- Protection focuses on tanking, aiming to lock down enemies with high threat generation and crowd control. Prot Warriors rely on their heavy armor and shield to deter enemy attacks, protecting their weaker allies from harm.
Gearing a Warrior
Warriors are able to wear Cloth, Leather, and Mail armor by default, and are able to wear Plate after reaching Level 40. It is very common for DPS Warriors to wear Leather and Mail gear that has high stats.
Warriors are able to equip all weapons in the game aside from Wands. This allows many different gearing options and helps you get your racial bonuses, if you have any, for specific weapon types.
All major Alliances cities have a Warrior trainer in them. All major Horde cities except for Silvermoon City have a Warrior trainer available in them. Simply talk with a guard in any major city and ask for the Warrior trainer.
Are Warriors good in WotLK?
Warriors often receive a reputation of being "weak" in WotLK, but that is not the case. While they have fallen off slightly from their previous "godly" status in Classic WoW, and very powerful status in TBC; Warriors remain a very viable class, being competitive throughout the entire expansion.
Are Warrior tanks any good in WotLK??
Warrior tanks receive many talent and ability improvements in Wrath of the Lich King, making them an extremely powerful tanking choice. Having the highest single-target and AoE threat and damage output of any tank makes Protection Warriors extremely viable options in any environment.
Which Warrior spec is best for DPS in WotLK
While both Fury and Arms are powerful options when it comes to WotLK PvE content, the general rule of thumb is: Arms early on and then Fury when you are geared. Warriors are well-known for needing gear to scale their damage up, and this concept does not change in Wrath of the Lich King. Typically you will play as Arms until the end of Tier 8, where you can swap over to Fury once you are nearly fully geared.
Warrior Guides for Wrath of the Lich King Classic
If a Warrior sounds like a class you are interested in, check out our detailed leveling guides down below for each spec, helping you further learn each spec on your journey to Level 80.
- Warrior Leveling Guide
- Arms Warrior Leveling Guide
- Fury Warrior Leveling Guide
- Protection Warrior Leveling Guide
Beyond simply leveling your character, you may also be interested in our fully detailed guides for playing your Warrior at Level 80. Check out the links below for more details on each of the available specs for Warriors in Wrath of the Lich King Classic:
- Arms Warrior Guide for PvE
- Fury Warrior Guide for PvE
- Protection Warrior Guide for PvE
- Warrior Guide for PvP
- 28 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Wrath Classic Class Vs. Spec Balance, Featuring Retribution Paladins
- Wrath Classic 3.4.1 PTR: Titan Rune Dungeons, Argent Tournament
- Official Controller Support Coming to Wrath Classic in the Ulduar Patch
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: November 18th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Gold Cap Will Not Be Increased in Wrath Classic