WotLK Classic Destruction Warlock Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities
On this page, you will learn how to optimize the rotation of your Destruction Warlock in both single-target and multiple-target PvE situations in WotLK Classic. We also have advanced sections about cooldowns, procs, etc. in order to minmax your DPS.
If you have not already, please read the Spell Summary page. Knowing how each spell and ability works in detail will greatly increase your understanding of the topics discussed on this page.
Spell Rotation for Destruction Warlocks in Wrath of the Lich King
Destruction Warlock's rotation is one of the most fun and engaging rotations in the game. It is easy to play, but also has enough nuances in it to keep you engaged the entire time, largely thanks to the synergy between Conflagrate and Backdraft.
Destruction Warlock Single-Target Damage Rotation in Wrath of the Lich King
Your opener as Destruction matters a lot in terms of damage.
- Pre-Pot a potion — I suggest a Potion of Wild Magic for your prepop, largely because most guilds Bloodlust at the start of encounters and if you were to instead use a Potion of Speed there is a chance with your Backdraft charges that you will be casting under the global cooldown. If your guild is not lusting at the start and you do not have this issue, then feel free to use a Potion of Speed.
- Precast Soul Fire so that it lands on the boss right as the pull timer hits zero. A good way to calculate this is to look at the tooltip of Soul Fire and add a half a second, then start casting when the pull timer hits that number.
- Make sure your Summon Imp has started attacking.
- Cast Curse of Doom and keep this on the target at all time. If the boss will die before Curse of Doom can get off, then use Curse of Agony instead.
- Cast Immolate and keep this on the target at all times.
- Conflagrate and keep it on cooldown. This will give you three stacks of Backdraft.
- Cast Chaos Bolt and keep it on cooldown.
- Cast Incinerate as your filler.
- Only cast Corruption when you have to move. It is a damage loss to keep Corruption up fulltime.
After your opener, your rotation/priority is listed below.
Destruction Warlock AoE Damage Rotation in Wrath of the Lich King
- Cast Seed of Corruption.
- Cast Shadowfury on cooldown.
- Use your Inferno as much as you can.
- Can use Shadowflame if you are in range, but do not run into range to do it.
- Make sure to utilize your Global Thermal Sapper Charge and Saronite Bombs if you have Engineering.
- Use Soulshatter to eliminate any threat issues.
Warlock Cooldowns in Wrath of the Lich King
Unfortunately Destruction has only one cooldown outside of the trinkets, and that is Inferno. You should be looking to use this on any AoE packs or boss encounters with cleave.
- 26 Jun. 2023: Updated to Phase 3.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 19 Oct. 2022: Page added.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes
- Classic Era and Hardcore Patch 1.15.0 Known Issues List
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- Classic Era Patch 1.15.0 PTR Notes
- Classic Account Suspensions for October 2023
- Icy Veins WoW Classic Interview: Discoveries and Runes, LFR, ICC Nerfs and Much More