WotLK Classic Destruction Warlock Spec, Builds, Talents, and Glyphs
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talent choices and builds for your Destruction Warlock in WotLK Classic, as well as advised glyphs.
Talent Builds for Destruction Warlock in Wrath of the Lich King
Warlocks are pretty straightforward when it comes to talents. You want everything with fire damage and anything that buffs you or your Summon Imp. Talents like Soul Link and Fel Domination can be considered flex points and should be used for Suppression if you need hit.
Important Talents for Destruction Warlocks in Wrath of the Lich King
- Increases the damage of your Immolate and dazes the target. Largely taken for the damage portion as the daze does not do anything to bosses, but can be nice on the trash packs.
- Demonic Power, Improved Imp, and Empowered Imp
- Improved Immolate
- Increases the damage of your Fire spells by 15% and reduces the cast time of your main ability, Incinerate.
- This is an instant cast AoE ability that stuns everything it hits. It is to be used on cooldown during AoE.
- The main talent of Destruction. Whenever you cast a Conflagrate, the cast time and global cooldown of your next three Destruction spells is reduced by 30%. A lovely spell and integral to the rotation.
- Chaos Bolt
- Sends a bolt of chaotic fire at the enemy, dealing high damage on a 12-second cooldown. This bolt ignores all absorption effects and cannot be resisted.
Best Glyphs for Warlock in Wrath of the Lich King
Glyphs are a new consumable of sorts introduced in Wrath of the Lich King. Glyphs greatly improve certain spells when you learn them, supporting and even enabling some builds. Glyphs are not permanently learned, so you will want to carry multiple glyphs on you so you can change them quickly depending on the raid or boss encounter you are in. Destruction has some really powerful Glyphs that make the gameplay a little more fun.
Major Glyphs for Destruction Warlock in Wrath of the Lich King
- Glyph of Life Tap — Whenever you Life Tap, you gain 20% of your Spirit as Spell Power for 40 seconds. This is very important and you must keep this buff on you at all times.
- Glyph of Conflagrate — Very important. This makes it so when you Conflagrate it won't consume your Immolate from the target.
- Glyph of Imp — This increases your Imps Firebolt damage by an additional 20%. This mixed with your other Imp talents make your Imp do very high damage.
- Glyph of Immolate — This is a good alternative to Glyph of Imp and it excels with multi-dotting, since Immolate deals a high amount of damage. It's up to personal preference for which one you want to use.
Minor Glyphs for Destruction Warlock in Wrath of the Lich King
- Glyph of Drain Soul — This gives you a chance at an additional Soul Shard when you Drain Soul.
- Glyph of Unending Breath — This gives everyone with your Unending Breath 20% swim speed.
- Glyph of Souls — This reduces the Mana cost of your Ritual of Souls.
- 26 Jun. 2023: Updated to Phase 3.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 19 Oct. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer