WotLK Classic Destruction Warlock Spell Summary
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Destruction Warlock in WotLK Classic.
Destruction Warlock Main Damage Spells in Wrath of the Lich King
As a Destruction Warlock, you will be focusing on dealing damage. These are all of your main damaging spells that you will want to focus on using.
- Immolate — Deals damage-over-time as well as slight damage up front. This is to be on the boss at all times.
- Incinerate — This is your main ability and used as a filler.
- Chaos Bolt — This is the final talent in the Destruction tree. To be used on cooldown.
- Conflagrate — This is a high damage ability that gives you Backdraft procs. To be used on cooldown. Must have an Immolate or Shadowflame on the target to use Conflagrate. This also will consumed the Immolate or Shadowflame unless you are using Glyph of Conflagrate.
- Curse of Doom — This is your main curse. Use this full time unless the boss will not live for 60 seconds. Then use Curse of Agony.
- Seed of Corruption — Your main AoE ability. Spam this on any packs with 3 targets or more.
- Shadowfury — This ability does high damage and stuns all mobs it hits. This is to be used on cooldown.
- Shadowflame — This ability is to be used on AoE packs if you are close enough.
For a better understanding of what your damage rotation should be, be sure to check out our rotation page for a full explanation of both your single-target, AoE and execute DPS rotations.
Warlock Utility and Buff Spells in Wrath of the Lich King
Warlocks bring some unique Utility to the Raid.
- Life Tap — Gives you Mana in return for some of your health.
- Fel Armor — This is a personal buff that you must have up 100% of the time on yourself. This gives you spell powe as well as converts some of your spirit into spell power. In addition you regain 2% of your maximum health every 5 seconds.
- Create Firestone — This is your weapon oil. This gives you 1% extra damage on your direct damage spells, but also gives you Critical Strike rating.
- Demonic Circle: Summon — This spell puts a Demonic Circle at your feet that lasts 6 seconds.
- Demonic Circle: Teleport — This spell will teleport you to your Demonic Circle, as long as you are within 40 yards of it.
- Ritual of Summoning — This will place down a summoning portal, better known as a summoning closet. It takes 2 other party or raid members to help you summon the closet. After that anyone in your party or raid can click this with the help of another to summon other raid members from anywhere in the world.
- Ritual of Souls — This is what makes Healthstones. You need two of party or raid members to help summon the Soulwell. The Soulwell lasts for 3 minutes or 25 charges.
- Create Soulstone — This will create a Soulstone that you can place on anyone. When that person dies, this will give them a chance to resurrect.
- Banish — Banishes the enemy Demon or Elemental for 30 seconds. You can banish once again to unbanish the target. This is used in raid to help crowd control trash mobs.
- Fear — This will cause most targets to run around in fear, unable to attack or do anything. Often used in raid as a form of crowd control.
- Detect Invisibility — Niche uses in raid. This helps your tank see invisible mobs.
- Curse of the Elements — Curses the target for 5 minutes, reducing Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow Resistances by 165, but also increases magic damage taken by the target by 13%. Balance Druids and Unholy Death Knights also have abilities that do the same thing, so you will not find yourself casting this too much, rather only when there is no Balance Druid or Unholy Death Knights.
- Curse of Weakness — This lowers the target's melee Attack Power by 478 and reduces their Armor by 5% for 2 minutes. This is also covered by a Balance Druid's Faerie Fire and a Hunter's Scorpid Sting, so you can expect to rarely use this.
- Death Coil — Causes the target to run in horror for 3 seconds, does slight damage as well as heals you for 300% oft he damage caused. This is a very nice ability for the heal alone.
Other Warlock Spells in Wrath of the Lich King
Below is a list of other spells that are not used as often, but still have niche uses
- Drain Soul — This is used to gain Soul Shards. Gives you a chance at a Soul Shard per tick of Drain Soul. This ability also does 4 times the amount of damage if the target is below 25% Health.
- Curse of Agony — This is a damage-over-time ability that ramps up, meaning it does more damage the longer it is on the target. Only use it if Curse of Doom will not last on the boss.
- Health Funnel — This is a channeled ability that will heal your Demon.
- Shadow Ward — This will put an absorb shield around you that will shield you for 3,300 Shadow damage.
- Hellfire — This is a channeled fire AoE ability that emits from the caster. This is used to get immediate AoE damage if the mobs will die before you can cast and explode a Seed of Corruption
- Searing Pain — A quick-casting ability for small damage, but worth if you cannot get a normal cast off.
- 26 Jun. 2023: Updated to Phase 3.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 19 Oct. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer