Grand Widow Faerlina Encounter Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Grand Widow Faerlina is the second boss of The Arachnid Quarter in Wrath of the Lich King Classic's version of the Naxxramas Raid and is commonly the second encounter of the instance as a whole. Do not forget to be aware of the various Raid Buffs and Debuffs as you work to optimize your Raid Composition for this encounter's mechanics!
Overview of Grand Widow Faerlina in Wrath of the Lich King Classic's Naxxramas
Grand Widow Faerlina is the second encounter in The Arachnid Quarter of Naxxramas. While she does not have many mechanics, countering her most important ability will require you to carefully manage your damage against her adds. In the 25-player version of this encounter, you must also bring a Priest player or use some form of Mind Control effect!
Role-Specific Tips for Grand Widow Faerlina
- Prioritize defeating any Naxxramas Followers if you are doing the 25-player version of this encounter.
- Make sure to move out of any Rain of Fire effects!
- Do not get overzealous in your damage to Naxxramas Worshipper; they need to be defeated at key times to survive the encounter.
- The Poison debuff from Faerlina's Poison Bolt Volley can be dispelled to reduce the overall damage taken by the ability.
- If you are a Priest player in the 25-man version of this encounter, you may have to take on the most important job in this fight with triggering Widow's Embrace using Mind Control on a Naxxramas Worshipper.
- Be careful about standing too close to other healers if a Naxxramas Follower is present. Being afflicted with its Silence effect could cause players to die.
- This fight may be solo-tanked if you wish, though it is generally recommended to still use two tanks split among Faerlina and her many adds.
- Be ready to move out of any Rain of Fire effects.
- Make sure that a Naxxramas Worshipper is within 15 yards of Faerlina once she gains Frenzy so that it can be removed with Widow's Embrace.
Grand Widow Faerlina Abilities
- Grand Widow Faerlina
- Poison Bolt Volley — Faerlina will deal a large amount of Nature damage and apply a further DoT effect for 8 seconds. This ability can be prevented with Widow's Embrace.
- Frenzy — Faerlina will periodically Enrage herself, which must be removed with Widow's Embrace.
- Rain of Fire — Faerlina will target a random player and create an area around them, dealing Fire damage to anyone who remains within it.
- Naxxramas Follower (25-player only)
- Naxxramas Worshipper
- Fireball — This is a basic cast by the Worshipper that can be interrupted, and otherwise deals a small amount of Fire damage to a target.
- Widow's Embrace — This ability prevents Grand Widow Faerlina from casting Poison Bolt Volley and Frenzy for 30 seconds (and removes an active Frenzy). In 10-player mode, this ability is cast when the Naxxramas Worshipper is defeated. In 25-player, a Priest must cast Mind Control and force the Worshipper to use the ability.
Strategy for Grand Widow Faerlina
Begin by allowing your tanks to establish threat on both Faerlina and her many adds. You should initially focus on killing any Naxxramas Followers if you are doing this fight in 25-player, but be careful to not accidentally defeat any Naxxramas Worshippers along the way.
When Faerlina gains Frenzy, make sure that a Naxxramas Follower is within 15 yards of the boss before triggering Widow's Embrace — either by defeating the follower in 10-player or manually triggering the ability through a Priest using Mind Control in 25-player — to remove the Enrage.
Continue to focus your attacks on Faerlina, triggering additional Widow's Embrace as necessary to avoid taking excessive damage from any Poison Bolt Volleys while running out of any Rain of Fire casts.
Grand Widow Faerlina Loot
|Main Hand Sword
|Sash of Mortal Desire
|Boots of the Worshiper
|Boots of the Follower
|Rusted-Link Spiked Gauntlets
|Avenging Combat Leggings
|Gauntlets of the Master
|Bracers of Lost Sentiments
|Totem of Misery
|Idol of Worship
|Chains of Adoration
|Gloves of Token Respect
|Belt of False Dignity
|Tunic of Prejudice
|Bracers of the Tyrant
|Epaulets of the Grieving Servant
Grand Widow Faerlina is just one of the 15 encounters present in the Naxxramas raid of Wrath of the Lich King Classic. If you would like to learn more about the others, or would like to see the loot tables of every boss at the same time, please see our other pages for the raid below.
- 27 Sep. 2022: Page added
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2