WotLK Classic Holy Paladin Spell Summary
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Holy Paladin in WotLK Classic.
Holy Paladin Utility Spells in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
Paladins have a number of spell types available to them in WotLK Classic, mainly due to their ability to provide a number of utility buffs via their blessings and auras, as well as the numerous seals they use.
Holy Paladin Blessings
Paladins offer unique buffs called blessings. There are four different blessing buffs in the game, each having a situational use and all of them having very powerful effects. You can only have one active blessing per Paladin, so you would need four total Paladins to cover every buff. For each Blessing, there is the normal version and the greater version, such as Blessing of Might and Greater Blessing of Might. Both versions give the exact same buff, but the greater version will cast on all members of the targeted class in the raid. In addition, the greater version lasts 60 minutes, whereas the normal version only lasts 10 minutes. Greater blessings do, however, require a reagent to cast.
Some Blessings also have talents that can improve them. Greater Blessing of Might, for instance, has Improved Blessing of Might in the Retribution talent tree. If you are in charge of using a specific blessing, it is important to consider if you have the improved version talented.
- Greater Blessing of Might: a buff that gives Attack Power.
- Greater Blessing of Wisdom: a buff that gives Mana regeneration in the form of Mp5.
- Greater Blessing of Kings: a buff that increases your primary stats by 10%.
- Hand of Salvation: a buff that reduces your threat generated by 30%.
Holy Paladin Auras
Paladin auras offer many situationally useful buffs to party members. Paladins can only have one aura active at a time and have a somewhat short range (30 yards), but they can be extremely strong in specific situations.
Like blessings, there are improved versions of some auras. If you know that you will be using a specific aura in a raid, it can be very worthwhile to spend the talent points on its improved version, such as Improved Devotion Aura.
- Retribution Aura: an aura that causes you to reflect some Holy damage back when attacked.
- Devotion Aura: an aura that gives Armor.
- Concentration Aura: an aura that gives a chance for anyone casting to avoid pushback when they take damage.
- Shadow Resistance Aura: an aura that gives Shadow Resistance.
- Frost Resistance Aura: an aura that gives Frost Resistance.
- Fire Resistance Aura: an aura that gives Fire Resistance.
- Crusader Aura: increases your mounted movement speed by 20%.
Holy Paladin Cooldowns in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Hand of Freedom — Makes the target immune to roots and other movement impairing effects for 10 seconds.
- Divine Protection — Reduces all incoming damage by 50% for 12 seconds but causes Forbearance.
- Hand of Protection — A shield that causes your target to be immune to all Physical attacks for 10 seconds, but they cannot attack during that time. This also procs a 1-minute debuff that makes you unable to cast your other immunities during that time.
- Divine Intervention — You sacrifice yourself to place a 2-minute shield on a target, making them invulnerable, but unable to move or use abilities while inside the shield. This is mainly used as a wipe recovery tool in raids to ensure someone will stay alive.
- Divine Sacrifice — A powerful raid cooldown that will redirect a percentage of the group's incoming damage to the Paladin, this effect will automatically cancel if the Paladin goes below 20% health, but it can kill you.
- Divine Shield — A shield that causes you to be immune to all attacks and spells for 12 seconds and slows your attack speed drastically while the shield is active. This also procs a 1-minute debuff that makes you unable to cast your other immunities during that time.
- Lay on Hands — Instantly heals your target for a massive amount and gives them some Mana, but drains all of your Mana.
- Hand of Sacrifice — A 30-second buff that transfers some of the damage taken by the target to you while active.
- Avenging Wrath — A 20-second buff that increases the damage dealt by the Paladin by 30% for 20 seconds. This also procs a 1-minute debuff that makes you unable to cast you other immunities during that time.
- Divine Illumination — Reduces the Mana cost of all spells by 50% for 15 seconds.
- Divine Favor — A buff that causes your next healing spell to have a 100% chance to crit.
- Aura Mastery — Increases the range of your auras by an additional 10 yards, making their range 40 yards and increasing their effectiveness by 100%.
- Divine Plea — A short cooldown ability that grants a massive amount of Mana back but reduces your healing by 50% while it is active.
Holy Paladin Healing Spells in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Holy Light — A strong heal with a longer cast time and a higher Mana cost.
- Flash of Light — A fast, efficient heal that does less healing, but has a lower Mana cost.
- Holy Shock — A instant cast heal that does a moderate amount of healing, but is very expensive. It can also be used to deal damage.
- Beacon of Light — A buff that will replicate your heals cast on another member of the party to the person who has this buff.
- Sacred Shield — A buff that will apply a small shield to the target each time they are hit. This effect can only occur once every 6 seconds.
Other Holy Paladin Spells in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Righteous Defense: Redirect threat off of a friendly target, taunting up to 3 mobs off of a party member.
- Hand of Reckoning: Taunts a single mob for 3 seconds.
- Judgement: Unleashes your current seal on the target.
- Purify: Cleanses the target, removing 1 Disease and 1 Poison effect.
- Righteous Fury: Increases your threat generation when toggled.
- Sense Undead: Tracks all nearby Undead, putting them on your minimap.
- Cleanse: Cleanses the target, removing 1 Disease, 1 Poison, and 1 Magic effect.
- Turn Evil: Fears an Undead or Demon target.
- Hammer of Justice: Stuns the target for 6 seconds on a 1-minute cooldown.
- Consecration: Drops a zone of Holy energy beneath you, dealing Holy damage every second for 8 seconds to any enemy standing in it.
- Exorcism: Deals a burst of Holy damage to an Undead or Demon target.
- Hammer of Wrath: Deals a burst of Holy damage to low health targets.
- Holy Wrath: Deals an AoE burst of Holy damage to any Undead or Demon target nearby.
- Redemption: A 10-second cast that will resurrect a friendly, dead player as long as you are not in combat.
- Summon Warhorse: Paladins get class mounts, which means you can learn this at Level 30 for a free mount. This is extremely useful early on since you are guaranteed while leveling and will not need to worry about saving 100 .
- Summon Charger: This is your Level 60 mount and will be cheaper to get than the standard Epic mount. You will need to complete a longer quest with some expensive materials to get this mount.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 01 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look