WotLK Classic Holy Paladin Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Holy Paladin in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Choosing a Stat
Wrath of the Lich King requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic or The Burning Crusade, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage output and survivability in any situation, but especially in Raids and Dungeons. Below will be a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Paladin.
The advice given on this page uses the stat priority of Intellect -> Critical Strike -> Mp5 -> Haste. You can find an explanation for this priority over on our Stats page.
Best Enchants for Holy Paladin
|Head||Arcanum of Burning Mysteries — Revered with The Kirin Tor in Dalaran.|
|Shoulders||Greater Inscription of the Storm, — Exalted with Sons of Hodir in Storm Peaks|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracers - Exceptional Intellect|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Exceptional Spellpower|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Icewalker|
|Main hand Weapon||Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Major Intellect|
|Shield||Scroll of Enchant Shield - Greater Intellect|
Best Gems for Holy Paladin
Insightful Earthsiege Diamond is by far the best option for your Meta Gem, as it gives a considerable amount of Intellect and a proc that allows a chance to gain Mana on cast. As a Holy Paladin, Intellect is your largest priority so you may need to use a Enchanted Tear to fulfil the Meta Socket requirements.
Matching gem sockets in Wrath of the Lich King is usually the correct strategy as many socket bonuses are geared towards stats that you want whereas in The Burning Crusade their usefulness could vary. As a Holy Paladin, however, there is such a large emphasis on the value of Intellect we will oftentimes ignore bonuses that do not result in more Intellect. Keeping your Meta Gem activated is by far the most important rule when deciding what gems to use but below we will list what are likely to be the best gems for each socket type.
- In Red Sockets, if it will provide more Intellect, you will use Luminous Ametrine.
- In Yellow Sockets, in order to maximize Intellect we use Brilliant King's Amber.
- One of your Blue Sockets should be dedicated to the Enchanted Tear unless you have matched a socket bonus that would grant more Intellect than gemming Brilliant King's Amber.
Best Consumables for Holy Paladin
Firecracker Salmon/ Tender Shoveltusk Steak is a great choice for a personal consumable and will offer you Spell Power as well as Stamina, but more often than not in a group environment someone will have a Fish Feast which will more than suffice. Leveling your Cooking helps considerably in reducing the cost of these and, as a secondary profession, everyone can learn it with no limitations.
Flasks and Potions
Intellect continues to be our most highly-prioritized stat, making Flask of Distilled Wisdom our best flask.
Potion of Speed greatly increases your Haste for a short period and can allow you to pump out heals in a situation where you may be lacking the casting speed to otherwise keep up. Potion of Wild Magic gives a considerable amount of Critical Strike rating allowing you to get out even stronger heals. Which of these you use will largely be personal preference and situational.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 01 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer